"A Melting Pot" of a Monday!

RE:

Kara!Welcome, and my smiley's do that too???;) Well, that one worked.:)

Good to have you in our little group, I myself am part of the "maintenance" group, as I seem to gain and lose the same 5 pounds on a weekly basis.:p Crappers. I just went through an intensive 12 week program and am trying to maintain my results right now...I get my bodyfat checked instead of the scale-well, I do weight myself, but rely mostly on bodyfat and the tape measure.:)
Does aspartame effect you adversely? It doesn't me at all, but my trainer tells me its the devil's poison.:eek:

Shelley, I hesitate to send you the link, but I will. But please note, these pants look totally AWFUL in this picture!! They are different looking on, they are lower rise and sit on your hips. You can roll the legs up too. I promise you, they are cute, this picture makes them look like old lady pants.:eek:

http://www.target.com/Merona-Cargo-...ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:merona pants&page=1

RE:

Hello Melters.

How is everyone? I think we all should have a "melting" party at PEI sometime in the future. I will need to get my passport to get there.

Tneah-You're very photogentic and pretty and your DH is quite handsome.

Shelley-Are you feeling better?

Kara-Welcome to the group.

My foot is still sore but it'l; get better.

RE:

Leanne-Hope you're feeling better too. Sides hurting are not good, did you see your doc?

Hello Robin and Shannon.

Dinner is done so now I must use my weed wacker and have some fun.

RE:

Hey everyone,

Just got back from running errands, and wanted to check in before I get started on dinner and then finish up some work. I'm doing that tofu stir fry again from the Clean Eating magazine -- it's got asparagus, mango, and yummy veggies!

I didn't see the adorable pants from Target when I was there, so I'll have to look again. I stopped in really quickly at Ann Taylor Loft when I popped by the mall to pick up some See's candy for my Dad for his b-day this weekend (and, of course, I had to eat the dark chocolate truffle that the woman offered me!}( ) and I saw these adorable cargos:

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalo...bble Stone&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

They didn't have them in my size, but I was sure tempted. The pink ones are especially cute (almost a lilac color), as were the navy ones. I think I'll wait until they go on sale and then try to pick up a pair or two.

When I got home, I found my order from VitaCost had arrived. In addition to ordering the B-vitamin complex that Tneah and Deb recommended, I also bought some of that Bach's Flower Remedy for stress. Have any of you tried that before? I've heard great things about it -- but we'll have to see if it really takes care of stress or not!;-)

Kara -- I'm so glad that you're joining our melty group! How is the cleaning of DD's room coming along? I need to do some major cleaning, but I'm going to wait until I'm on summer break in a few weeks. (DH and I both teach.) I just finished up six weeks of GS, and will get back to S&H in another week or so. What is the weather like in Nashville this time of year? Yes, when I add smilies, they always migrate to the end of my message, so I have to copy and paste them back in!:)

Jennifer -- Oh, a melting party at PEI would be so much fun! How did your pasta turn out? Be careful not to overdo it with the weed wacker if you ankle is still sore. My sides are feeling better, but I'll have to be careful if I do that core workout again. I'll definitely use a light weight next time!:)

Tneah -- Did you get the pants in that melon color? I think that anything would look adorable on you! You could probably wear a trash bag and it would look great!:)

RE:

Yeah, I have them in the melon color and found a pair today in my size in brownish tan!But they were on the sale rack which means they are all sold out in the store, I could not find them anywhere! So of course I ordered them online, at 16 dollars, c'mon! I swear they are cute you guys, that pic is too horrible for words.

Leanne, I loved the AT loft ones! Especially in white, sooo cute. Hum, now I have too many cargo's so might have to wait.Your dinner sounds so yummy!
Oh, and your Target has waaayy more cute stuff than our Vegas ones do!
Note: I am a pretty solid size 6 in pants, but since the ones at Target run slightly large and are cotton, they will stretch out, I ordered a 4 in them. I hate it when pants are too baggy, they have to be that "just right baggy" you know what I mean?;) So keep that in mind size zero's...:p meaning, Shelley and Leanne...you skinny minny's you.

Bach's Rescue Remedy is supposed to work great, even for your pets, let me know, are you having some anxiety things going on?

Jennifer, have fun whacking your weeds!:7

OK, I put off working my legs this morning and did cardio instead, so off I go, hi, ho, hi ho!

RE:

Goodevening everyone.

Kara!!!I'm so glad you are joining us. I missed you when you dropped out of arrowland.

Shelley, I liked the s&H legs, but I think it could get boring very fast.

I'm babysitting this evening. We are going to watch The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill on a forum member's reccomendation. See you all tomorrow.

RE:

Shelley -- Ah, is that Sadie?! She is so cute! I bet she and George would definitely hit it off! Did you wear any of your new clothes to work today?

Tneah -- Thanks for the heads-up about the sizing info! I think that I'm going to order the Target ones, and maybe a pair of the Loft ones since I forgot that I have a coupon code!}( Yes, isn't that Target at Mission Valley nice?! The rest of the mall is a little sketchy, but Fashion Valley is just down the road, and there are a lot of great stores at Fashion. Now *you* are the skinny minny one! Oh, and I thought you weren't working out twice a day anymore. Are you still doing that? Don't overdo it, OK? I'll let you know how the Bachs stuff is. I'm always a major Stress Case, so hopefully it'll work!

Robin -- Did the swelling go down on your lip? Hope so! Have fun babysitting tonight -- hope the movie is fun to watch with them!

RE:

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Tneah--aspartame doesn't bother me in the least bit, but several studies have shown it to mess with a person's neurological system :eek: I think I read about your program on the OD and am so impressed with the results and fortitude it took to get through something that strict. I can't go a day without chocolate! :p

Hi Jennifer! Hope the weed wacking was fun! ;)

Leanne--DD's room is progressing ever so slowly...those pants are cute! I love ATL! The weather here has been sunny and in the 70s, but the 100s will be here soon. :eek: What do you teach?

Hi Robin--I have missed you too! How is little Greyor?

Hi Shelley--your dog is precious!

Well, I just got back from DS's soccer game and must tuck DD in for the night. See you tomorrow!

Kara

RE:

Hello Melters.

The spaghetti turned out good and the weed wacking was fun.
I'm truly thinking about working out tomorrow night before Apollo comes on TV

Hope you all have a Great Night!!

RE:

Shelley, I do believe it would be "love at first sight" with Sadie and Georgie for sure!:+ :+ They obviously both have the laying around thing down very well. She is a beauty!:)

Kara, is that darling child in your avatar your daughter? What a pretty girl, and a great photo I might add! Have you tried Diet Coke with Splenda? That was the one soda my trainer allowed. Its actually not bad, I am not a big soda drinker though cause I don't like the bubbles...they make me burp.:+

Jennifer, what is Apollo? Spaghetti is my favorite! I used to make "ghetto spaghetti"(times were pretty tough) instead of marinara sauce you use catsup, ground beef salt and pepper and mix it in with the noodles and yum. To this day I still crave that stuff. I am sure yours was much tastier though.

Robin, let us know whether that movie was any good..its a movie right? I am so far behind the times with new movies, well except "Sex and the City" of course, because I'm shallow like that.;) I might even go to the theater to see that one. DH buys all the movies when they come out on DVD, so we eventually watch them, but by that time they are "old news".

Leanne, I like to split my weight workout and cardio, I have always done that because I have the body type that has to do cardio more often--well at least I think I do, honestly, I have always done alot of cardio, never have "tested myself" to see if I could get away with less.So its cardio in the AM, and weights in the PM, 4 days a week. The other two days its just cardio, and one day of rest. But there are days I don't do that and just finish it all up in the AM, but I am not as strong.And LOL, you are right about the rest of that strange mall being "sketchy".

My workout went okay I guess, I felt "old" in my body though, know what I mean? Like even my bones kinda hurt. I twisted my stupid ankle again-not like Lainie or Jen did, but enough to hurt. I was walking down the dock in platform shoes with a wedge heel, so it served me right! But my bod hurts, even with the break. Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to workout...know what I mean jellybeans?
It'll all be ok tomorrow though.

Goodnight gals, and once again, welcome to Kara!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.