A for MMA Boxing

Autumn68

Cathlete
I couldn't wait so I did the boxing this morning (yes, Christmas morn) (we have no kids so it worked out), and I loved it!!!! I really had fun. Some of the jumping moves I had to do on the trampoline, which worked well b/c I have one bad knee. I'm going to try another one later, maybe step. I'm going to view the rest of them now and choose one to do later...work off that big Christmas lunch we ate. :p :eek:

I am jealous..I was going to give myself MMA this morning for Christmas too but our power was out...So now I am going to give it to myself for dh's birthday which is tomorrow:D

I am jealous..I was going to give myself MMA this morning for Christmas too but our power was out...So now I am going to give it to myself for dh's birthday which is tomorrow:D

That stinks, power out on Christmas morning?
I have to say it again, it's really fun. I just went thought them all and love all the MMA's but I think that might be my fav. I got to wait for the next occasion to get the heavy bag and gloves, my b'day's not until Nov. oh well. :(

sorry to hear about that. that happened to us our first christmas in VA. an ice storm hit and the power was out for nearly a week, plus i was pregnant :eek:

i did this one this morning and it was AWESOME! i was concerned b/c i read some thought the MMAs were too easy, well i bow to them. its not easy it to quick paced to be an easy cardio workout. the punching comes at you the jump drills were different and awesome and really upped the leg/cardio factor and the abs are fresh but still cathe tough!!!!!!!

kassia

Today is boxing day so I felt it appropriate to do the MMA Boxing workout! I liked it a lot. This w/o worked my core more than any other "box" workout that I've done. I particularly liked the third combo where you do the rock back then cross.

One of the things I really liked about this was the lack of kicks! It was just kind of nice for a change of pace.

The leg drills were high impact, but I have a plyo floor, so it's okay. These moves would be tough to modify while retaining the original flavor, particularly the first two drills. The third one is jump rope so you could just push off your toes for that one.

I could not do the frog sit-ups without my feet coming off the floor. I was trying to get my 7-yr-old to push me up, but that didn't work. Something to work towards.

I started to preview the bag w/o trying to decide if it could be done without a bag. I think it could, but didn't try it. Is the point of bag work to actually hit something so you get an extra oomph out of the movement? Maybe I'll try it next time. It would definitely up the cardio factor and does contain kicks. So if you missed the kicks in part A, this could be added on for additional leg work.

This would make an excellent travel workout. They do use weights in the ab section, but not strictly necessary. You could always sub some extra frog sit-ups for the weighted work. Ha, ha!

This one will be a keeper for sure. I feel my abs getting sleeker and tighter just thinking about it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.