7-Day Eat Clean Challenge

Ok...I'm in on this one this week. Today's menu is:

B: Eggwhites with onion,mushroom, spinach,peppers and broccoli sprinkled with nutritional yeast. 1 Ezekial bread w/2tsp. flax oil, Oolong tea w/ 1TB honey.

S: Goatmilk yogurt with psyllium and whole flaxseeds mixed in.

L: Tuna salad with celery,onion,fennel on ezekial pita pocket

S: 1 TB almond butter on rice bran crackers and strawberries

D: Grilled cheese with ezekial bread and low fat cheese

Exercise was high step challenge and later will be walk with dog...and of course lots of water.

Ok Lunch was a cesar salad, only 1 tblsp on dressing, no croutons and a bit of chicken.
Just finished an hour of running on the TM. That iTread is a killer w/out. I usually don't run so fast.
Also did xflowsions amazing abs.
Dinner tonight is Tilapia, rice and salad.
Keep up the good work everyone!
LD

Ok here goes:

Lunch: lemon chicken with a few new potatoes (diced potatoes), with pomegrante green tea.

Should I have skipped the potatoes b/c of the bagel this morning?

Haydee

What a great idea--7 days seems so doable--less overwhelming than committing to a life time or whatever:p

Okay, I still feel bloated and not too hungry from yesterday's Mother's Day feast--

breakfast--2 slices sprouted grain bread, 2 tbs pb, water, coffee
lunch--big salad with tuna and low cal dressing; watermelon,water
snack--1/2 c non fat ricotta cheese and fruit,water
dinner--omelette (1 egg+4 whites, lots of vegetables), skim milk, 1 slice sprouted grain bread,water

IMAX 2 is on the schedule--I plan to do the first 5 intervals on an 8 inch step and then bring it down to 6.

I'll check in later to let ya'll know it I followed thru with everything.

Maggie:)

Hello Everyone...

Today's Food:
Breakfast: Bluberry Hemp Smoothie
Snack: Quinio and Bluberries
Lunch: A large salad with chickpeas and light dressing, grapefruit
Snack: Banana Carob Hemp Smoothie
Dinner: A large salad with tofu

Hi, Clean Eaters!
Today is my first day, and it's pretty good (for me) so far. I
had two Kashi waffles for breakfast; a grilled chicken salad from
Chick Fil-A (minus the croutons and sunflower seeds) for lunch; and
an apple for a snack. I'm glad I resisted the ice cream from
Chick Fil-A! We're having spaghetti for dinner, so I'll try to
have a tiny portion with a huge salad and no bread. I may not be
able to eat 100% clean the entire week, but I'm going to try.
Thanks for starting this thread!!
Valerie

You guys are all doing better than me!

I had yogurt & cereal before my workout and a banana w/ pb after.
Lunch was a whole wheat wrap with grilled chicken and veggies and iced tea. but then someone's arm reached out from MY body and put a spoonful of banana pudding - leftover from our Mother's day cookout- onto my plate and I ATE it !!!:eek: ;(

I am NOT giving up because of a slip up so early on , but I am disappointed in myself . That's not a very good start .

I will continue on and try to do better.

You all are doing a GREAT job! You're inspiring !!:D

There there, Becky. You're not alone -- I, too, had a leetle bitty slip up. I was at the grocery store and they were giving out samples of pecan sticky rolls and cinnamon roles. I took a tiny little bite of each then scurried away as fast as I could go:eek: :p :7

I ran out of milk and couldn't eat the breakfast I posted above, so I had 2 pieces of whole grain toast with NPB and cinnamon, and a bowl of fresh berries.

S - I had 1 slice of LF cheese and a handful of grape tomatoes
L - chicken and grape salad with lettuce on whole grain 5 seed bread and bing cherries
D - I'm making the succotash I mentioned above, a big salad with romaine and leaf lettuces, cucumber, and tomato, with a homemade dressing (I use EVOO or canola oil to make my dressings but it doesn't come out to much per serving), and a roast pork loin.

I won't have an afternoon snack because I got such a late start on my meals today, but if I change my mind I'll have some raw veggies.

Okay so I had my job interview changed in the building right where the interview was taking place and I see the partner to the firm i work for going to get lunch in that building (saying a prayer he did not see me). I was a little stressed b/c not sure how i did in the interview either since it was my first one in six years (been with the same firm). when i got home i debated on giving up the seven day eat clean but was prob stressed and hungry but since i had veggies already cut up i ended up having a salad with ricotta.

so for
breakfast had veggie protein at 10
snack apple 130
ending up not being able to have lunch
just had salad with ricotta 430
definitely will need to have something else in about 2-3 hours. havent decided what (suggestions if you have any)
did lowmax this morning debating on whether to lift or go for a walk

Thank you Michele and Lorrie for the support!!!

OMG I CAN'T eat Cheez-its.......I LOVE them and could eat a whole box!:eek:

Michele, you did great to only taste a cinnamon roll.......MMMM yummy!
Did you DH make it home?? I know you missed him so much. When do you get your cake?? I guess sometime AFTER this clean eating week?;-) :p :9

OMG! Someone is trying to sabotoge me (sp)!!!!!!:eek: My DS just stopped over and brought a PIZZA !:eek: :eek: Oh no.
Maybe I need to go take a walk and get out of here!!
HELP!!

>OMG! Someone is trying to sabotoge me (sp)!!!!!!:eek: My DS
>just stopped over and brought a PIZZA !:eek: :eek: Oh no.
>Maybe I need to go take a walk and get out of here!!
>HELP!!

http://bestsmileys.com/talking/14.gif Becky, step away from the pizza -- LMAO!!

Yes, Lorrie and Becky, we CAN do this. It's not the falling off the clean eating band wagon that counts -- it's the hopping back on immediately after a slip. ;)

>Yes, Lorrie and Becky, we CAN do this. It's not the falling
>off the clean eating band wagon that counts -- it's the
>hopping back on immediately after a slip. ;)

Absolutely! We can - we know how.

OH -- MY -- GOSH! Just made the best dinner! Grilled (the smell and taste of summer - you cannot beat) broccoli, vidalia onion, red bell peppers, mushrooms, pears, apples, and mango! Tossed all lightly in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and as Rachael Ray says "YUM-O!" Shared it with a protein drink and I am off for a 6-mile training walk! Also got in PS legs (modified for time), fluidity, and Lotte Berk abs. But for those cheeze-its, it's been a good day! Thanks Collinsmom - you done good!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage go to: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Day 2: Monday, May 14th, 2007

breakfast: dry cereal, low-fat vanilla yogurt, strawberries and blackberries

lunch: sandwich on a wheat roll, smoked ham, lettuce, tomato, salt, pepper, TINY bit of light mayo; low-fat string cheese

snack: organic baby carrots

dinner: light tuna salad made with light mayo, black and cayenne pepper, wheat thins

water: not so great, about 40 ounces:-(

workout: kick max, upper body weights

Well, I did alright today until early evening. Lunch was leftovers: tilapia with brown rice and broccoli (I still have to force myself to eat cooked broc - I prefer it raw). I had some strawberries and lowfat,low-carb yogurt for a mid-afternoon snack - and THEN I came home and ate hot italian sausage for dinner x( To make up for it, I took out my frustration by punching and kicking extra hard during KPC }( My post w/o snack was a banana with some peanut butter and a TON of water. I've been getting better with my water intake at least.

I did notice some nice DOMS today (is that an oxymoron??) after doing "Overall Legs" from Butts & Guts yesterday - I don't think I've ever felt it that deep before in my glutes - this w/o just may move L&G out of my #1 leg w/o!

Well, ladies - I will carry on and try to behave myself tomorrow! Good luck to you all!

-Zora :)

snack= fage fat free yogurt and small handfull granola

lunch= subway turkey wrap, no dressing and 20 oz h2o

din= tuna pita and cantelope

that doesn't seem like much. I usually have more veg at dinner, but ate out in hurry. Maybe that's why I hear chips and salsa calling to me now.
(runs off to find healthy 10 pm snack)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.