>>> --- 6 Month STS Alumni, August 1st---<<<

Kim, I'm glad the surgery went well, and too bad you didn't get to go on the computer to do your preorder... But tomorrow will come soon! LOL!
Jo, I didn't get the downloads, although I read the stuff about the workout blender and realized that if I ever was going to get it I would have to have everything on downloads, but the thing is, I probably wouldn't use the blender that much. So, no downloads for me.
And yes, I am excited about the swimming and just in general to be back on weights. My Chiro encouraged me to take it slow and light today, which I think I needed to hear...LOL! She also said my alignment was only off by 1/4 inch, so doing better there too! YAY. Now it just has to last!
I'm planning on power hour tomorrow and more swimming and biking later. I'm liking all this activity!

Okay, test is over! I missed one! (Made a stupid mistake!). So I'm finishing my first class 4 weeks early and with a 99.9%! That makes me feel fantastic! This is a great way to kick start my "back-to-school" experience!

Girls, I just want to mention this about the download in case you're on the fence. (I totally get it if you don't want them and I'm not trying to talk you into them, but just want you to know how I plan to use the downloads.) For example, I have the STS Cardio Hits downloaded (remember we got those?) And I can play them on my computer in iTunes. So if I travel, they are on my computer and I don't need to remember to have the DVD with me. And, I have them on my iPod. So I'm not as likely to use the STS Cardio on my iPod, but if you're vacationing, you can still have a workout on your iPod, and since we know the workouts you can just follow along with Cathe's voice and glance at the screen on occassion. I can totally see this with STS but of course I didn't want to shell out the money for it. So I'm just mentioning this as viewing them on your iPod is not the only way to use them. You can also connect your computer to your TV and play them on your TV that way. The same way you do if you hook up your camera. (I haven't actually done this but you can!) I can also see me taking them on my laptop to a GF's house as then we can play my workouts in a workout room she has but doesn't have a TV in there. But the bottomline, I can have them all on my laptop and take them with me wherever I go! Okay, enough rambling.

Rachel, hope you have a great time tomorrw!

Kim, hope you're feeling okay!

Cendrine, I love hearing about all the activity you're doing! Doesn't it feel great? I can hear your energy coming through!!! I'm so excited that we're going to have new workouts!!! And soon too!!! Yippeee!!!

Last edited:
Okay the screen is quite blurry so it will be a quick post. I woke up this morning and could see the time on the alarm clock across the room with no glasses!!

The one eye that was done the "normal" lasik way has been almost completely pain free. The right eye which had the pterygum from sun damage had to be done in a more complicated manner and is quite painful at times. This was expected and the eye drops help big time. Because I had two different methods each eye has it's own medicine and it's own schedule. The right eye has 6 medicine and the left has 4. The left has antibiotic eyedrops, anti inflammatories eye drops and 2 kinds of lubricants for dry eyes. The right because of the increase pain has a variety of pain killers as well ( 2 oral and 2 eyedrops) I don't think I need the oral painkillers anymore but definietly need the eyedrops for pain. Yesterday was quite the undertaking in keeping everything straight today is much more straightforward. For the day of surgery there was to be no computer, reading ,tv and these special glasses on all day. It was a long and boring day. DS did go online and preorder for me while I talked him thorough it.:D He's the one that posted for me. Today I have a follow up appointment, I'm going to take the bus down and DH will pick me up (same as yesterday). Hopefully by later today I can drive.

They don't want me to go back to work till Tuesday. There is some kind of protective contact lense on my right eye that they will remove in clinic on Monday. So I called work yesterday and arranged for Monday off.

No exercise for 3 days. No swimming for a week! I'm hoping to pick up a nice pair of sunglasses (non prescription !!) today.

YAY Kim!!! I'm so glad it went well! Hopefully the pain will be short lived! It must be thrilling to wake up and see better than before! I'm so happy for you! I figured you wouldn't be able to exercise and you probably don't mind another day off from work! ;)

Nothing going on yet today. It's resort night tonight! So hope you all have a great day!

Congrats Jo, great numbers on your math class! The thing with the downloads is that I don't really forsee needing to be that mobile, I love the idea of it and the flexibility but I think I'll pass at least for now. But I'm excited to hear all the ways you are going to use them as needed.

Kim, wow, you have a lot of things to keep track of for your eyes! But how awesome that you already saw results this morning! I was wondering about your post yesterday, and smiled when you said ds did it for you and ordered for you as well, very nice! Did you order any extras?

Now swim for me today. We went to the pool after my power hour workout and breakfast only to find out that they were trimming the palm trees and the pools was a nasty mess of sawdust and some kind of yucky looking film all over it... We turned around and went home, ds said we could do double practice tomorrow...LOL. They are resurfacing our street so we can't drive on it for a couple of days and have to park farther down, already walked it two times this morning, once for the pool expedition and then to drop off ds....
I'm still planning on biking tonight, though, since the sidewalks are fine to use I'll just bike on the sidewalk until I get out of our community.

Just wanted to poke in and say Hi! We're having 85 degree weather so I'm halfway thinking of hitting the trail tonight instead of resort night as everyone has bailed on me for tonight! They bailed on me last week too!

Oh Cendrine, what a disappointment about the pool! Oh well! And, I totally get you're not wanting the downloads now, I just wanted to mention all the options in case everyone hadn't thought about that. Not everyone is as mobile as me :p I mean I have two laptops, workstation, blackberry, plus another cell phone and of course, my iPod! I'm a gadget girl! LOL! Oh, and you should see my graphing calculator I got for school! Mama Mia! I'll think of you as I spin or hit the trail tonight since we may be working out at the same time! LOL!! Enjoy your workout!

Still spending lots of time lying on the couch with sunglasses on. The one eye is still quite uncomfortable at times and the painkillers make me nausous so trying not to take them. My vision is quite blurry and probably will be till they take the protective lense out of my right eye on monday. Went for my 24 hour checkup yesterday and they said everything looks good but to put in less of the numbing eye drops as I was slowly down the healing. They said just let the eye swell/close and lie on the couch.

I was a grumpy girl yesterday, my poor family! DH took the kids to see Weird AL yesterday and they seem to enjoy that. We are supposed to go camping this weekend and I think we'll try it. I can lie around the camper just the same as lying around here.

Cendrine Hope you get to swim today! No swimming for me this weekend and it's going to be hot!

Jo Congrats on finishing your class and doing so well!! DH and I talked in depth about the downloads and decided not to bother. I think I understand all the applications. The new house will have a dedicated workout area and that's where I'll be and when we do travel it's for family fun and I don't usually try and workout. With all the premixes and dvds, I don't see myself designing my own workouts. So hopefully I made the right choice.

Hope everything is going well Rachael. Are you have some time relaxing? Did you get DH's bloodwork back?

Did go by the new house yesterday and we have a front step! Hopefully they start framing next week.

Kim, glad your making good progress! I hate it when medicine makes me nauseated! Hope you continue to feel better over the weekend! And you lucky lucky girl having a dedicated workout area in the new house! I told DH if we ever build a new house I want a dedicated room complete with aerobic flooring! LOL! (But we like where we live so that won't happen any time soon!) Enjoy your time camping Kim!!

I ended up spinning at home last night and walking on the trail so had a good workout! We are getting ready to leave to go camping but I think we'll be back tomorrow night.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Happy Friday Cendrine and Rachel!

Oh, Kim, no wonder you were grumpy, I would be too if I had to do everything you are doing for your recovery. Let the eye swell shut and lie on the couch does not sound all that fun to me! What a trooper that you are going to try camping anyway! It will hopefully be fun for you even if all you do is rest.

Jo, I was thinking of you as I was biking last night and I was thinking how much fun it would be to hit the trails with you. Dh keeps mentioning us moving up your way for his parents sake and if we do, I am so your trail buddy! I might even do restor night with you and not bail out! LOL!

I got a tough walking interval workout done on the treadmill this morning then practiced swimming with the kids and had about 30min time left for laps, so I feel super worked out.

Rachel, I hope you are having a grea time relaxing!

I'm going to watch dh and ds test for yellow belt at taekwondo today. Turns out my acupuncturists two sons train with the same instructor and the grand master himself has gotten treated by my acupuncturist, so now, since I'm a 'IL-DO' parent (name of the place) he gives me free samples....:D

OK...I am back...DID I miss the pre order?:confused:
I will catch up in a little while I have to get breakfast in!

BBL

We just got back from the park. We were barbequing there with friends. Some of them never showed....:( The park was so packed that when we left, they had blocked off the entrance! The kids had fun getting pony rides (ds insisted he wanted the fast ponies....) and we fed the ducks too.

So ds' cub scouts group is holding a pool party in a couple of weeks, exactly on the day we will be in a hotel because our house is getting tented for termites!:eek: I'm supposed to bring an appetizer. What would you bring without a kitchen to work with and a non clean eating crowd?

Before we got to the park today I did ME, it worked me good! Maybe I can talk my family into a bike ride this evening. We'll see. Ds and dh passed their yellow belt test yesterday and went back for class today before park. They might be too tired.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.