50 and over week of Jan 25 check-in

Hi, Everyone!

Last night was weekly choir rehearsal, so I did not get to bed until later and got a later start today. I still did Basic Step, though. A year ago, I would have just skipped a workout. This forum is really helping me--y'all are so encouraging, and checking in helps keep me on track. Thanks!

Now if I could just get my act together with the food thing! We're invited to a Super Bowl party Sunday and I'm making a Mud Cake! Heaven help me! I did decide to make the cake in a disposable pan so that I can leave the leftovers with our host and hostess.

Have a great weekend!

Magnolia

Magnolia glad we can be here for ya!! GREAT job getting that workout in! :D

Joan Yes, you are correct you should give yourself a break with weight work. You muscles need time to heal and rebuild. That's how you gain strength.

Bev What are you up to these days?

I did a treadmill workout today for my cardio day.

Good afternoon Jann, Magnolia, Bev and Pauline,

No wo yet. Still working and have a sore throat. I hope I'm not getting anything.

Will check in later.

Joan

Good evening everyone!!!

I've been watching the STS DVD's since I got them, are they GREAT or what?!! I am a little disappointed that the guide book didn't go into cardio options to use in the rotations, I thought Cathe said it would have suggestions for every cycle. Anyway, I couldn't resist, I did Disc #3, Legs tonight! I love firewalkers, and boy did it have the firewalkers, just 1 set, but a million of them!! It was a great workout! I also did the Pilates Ab workout. I didn't do any 1rm for legs but I came pretty close to guessing what weights to use and filled out the 1rm with the results from the workout.

Tomorrow DH and I will start the 1rm for the upper body and use the workouts as a guide to do them. I don't know how much we will get done since we will have to rest between exercises. I'm hoping we can get them done in less than a week doing this.

Jann, I think I may be done with CLX for a while. I did Burn Intervals on Thursday and just got done when STS arrived. I did gained some muscle and even lost a little body fat, so I kind of hate to quit, but I know I cannot do CLX while doing the 1rm test....maybe the cardio. I wish Cathe would put up the rotation with the cardio and let us in on when she will be starting.

Bev

Hi Bev, Jann, Magnolia and Pauline,

Bev I read that Cathe would put up cardio suggestions in wo manager in the next couple of days. I haven't looked today.

It's not fair. My sts is 5 miles away and I won't get it until Monday.

I guess Friday will be my rest day since it's now Saturday and I didn't do anything.

Joan

Joan, I feel so bad for you having to wait until Monday to get STS! That usually happens to me! It is so frustrating when you cannot do anything about it! Look on the bright side, at least you have all your 1rm done so you are ready to go!
I hope Cathe has the cardio suggestions up soon. I am so excited about this. It kind of surprises me since I'm usually more into cardio than weights.
Try to have a great weekend!!!
Bev

Thanks Jann,

It's not the cake I'm worried about. We go out to eat with friends tonight and then have a hotel room booked. I hope we don't eat breakfast there, but of course I do like their buffet. Then Sunday ds and family want to take us out. I'm hoping to have restraint, but I know that little voice is saying eat now because you start the program on Monday.

I'm going to try to get wo in from 2pm until 3pm. My appointments start in about an hour, and we leave between 3 and 4.

Bev you or Jann start the new weeks thread tomorrow if you are ready before noon.

Bev I'm glad dh is doing this with you. I really think we will see results if we do the whole 3-6 months.

Joan

I have watched a couple dvd’s of meso 1 and have not even open the others yet. I am anxious for Cathe’s cardio suggestions too!

Joan enjoy yourself. It sounds like you know yourself well enough to make good choices. And so what is you treat yourself a little – its your birthday!! -- STS will work it off you. Building all that muscle will eat that extra calories right up! ((at least that’s what I am hoping for :p)) I am sorry you have to work on your birthday. :(

Bev I am sticking with CLX until Cathe posts what she is doing. I am really getting into CLX and my body is coming back some. I am not even sure I can do STS yet. I’ll have to open the box and check it out better. :confused:

I did push circuit 2 following by treadmill for 35 minutes. :cool:

Hi, everyone!

Happy Birthday, Joan! Hope your day & weekend are great!

I was curious about CLX, so I have been checking it out online and had a couple of questions I didn't see answered, although I could have missed something. About how long are the workouts on average? Do they require any special equipment other than heavier dumbbells? I haven't ever done any Beach Body wo, so I am not too familiar with them.

Have a great weekend!

Magnolia

Hi Magnolia all the workouts are between 35 - 40 minutes. The only equipment needed are dumbbells in your range and a thigh toner which is part of the kit.
Beach body workouts are different in many ways. First they all have a counter that count downs the time both the current exercise and the entire workouts. Chalene does not do all the reps, she hops around giving firm pointers and talking. So you have to count yourself. Some exercises are compound moves. I usually hate compound moves because I feel you can't do either of them well if you are trying to do more than one move at a time. I don't feel this way with CLX the moves are v-e-r-y slow-- that's part of the point of the series. To lift heavy and slow so you don't have to do as many. The cardio workouts are quick, fun, and easy.
hth's

Back again.

Thanks for the info, Jann. I have been looking for workouts that are shorter and more intense. The 35-40 minute range sounds about right. I will never have enough time in my day to do a 70-minute workout! Guess that's why I am enjoying Basic Step so much and mostly do the premixes from Cathe's DVDs. I noticed you said in one of your posts that you are beginning to see some results. That also sounds good to me. From what I read on their website and what you and Bev say about the workouts I am leaning in that direction. It might be just what I need.

Have a great weekend.

Magnolia

Magnolia don't be an enabler. I keep looking at CLX too. I'm reallllllly worried about having enought time for STS.

Haven't started wo yet. I had to return phone calls. Maybe I can get something in before dh gets back from work.
Joan

Happy Birthday Joan!!!! Sorry I'm so late!

I'm kind of wondering about the time it takes for the STS workouts, too! DH and I are thinking we may have to split 2 workouts into 4 days!! I hope not, but they are long. It took about 90 min to do the 1rm for disc 1, we may do disc 2 tonight. I love STS, but CLX was much easier to fit in timewise.

Magnolia, Chalene is so totally different than Cathe. The workouts show a lot of modifications so you can do them no matter what your fitness level. Beachbody workouts are complete programs with food and exercise and rotations. I really enjoyed doing CLX and I did see some results, but I think I prefer Cathe workouts. I really need a lot of variety in my workouts to keep me motivated.

Bev

Bev

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.