50 and over November check in

Yesterday I did 30 min do cyclemax, my barre class........ And.... I did cardio coach on the treadmill. My friend talked my into doing the training program for the Donna hickey marathon that they have here in February. They have Jeff Galloway going the training and it looks pretty simple. The plane is that during the week, you train by yourself with walk/runs which Ae usually only 45min.. Then on Saturdays you meet the group and do the long ones. my friend is the producer for channel 12 where Donna Hicken was an. Anchor for years . It's her marathon. Anyway, those cardio coach audio tapes are excellent for keeping you focused on the treadmill or outside..

Whoops I hit send when I was trying to correct the spelling.

Joan. Thanks for the info on the fitbit. I am going to order online then. Besides, by the time I get to best buy it will arrive. That's great about your weights getting so much better. Do you think it was the trainers input?

Jann, I never did try Charlene. I can't say that I have any go to so anymore because I seem to be unfocused in front of the tv. I need to get better about "just doin it" I do get bored or something and if I am alone I just quit. I think Magnolia likes those wo too.

I have a couple of cardio coach mp3's. I forget about them. I bet they would be great while walking Reggie?!?!?!? :) thanks Beth!

Yeah, Magnolia and I did a rotation together when they first came out. I think for me -- it's the fact that they are short, to the point and I am done. NO dread factor at all. I need to find some type of cardio I feel the same about. I used to really like cathe's hiit -- I think maybe when I build my endurance up a bit I'll give them a try again.

I have no excuses (well) yard work is pretty much done except for leaves and maybe a couple of mowings. SO workouts here I come!

From reading the news -- looks like we will be getting xtrain late Dec early Jan! My goal is to jump right in on those!

I pulled out the cardio coach again today and did my 45 min of treadmill walking and running. Then a pure barre class at noon. Except for DH birthday cake I did pretty well!

Cardio -- burn it off. I really love that these workouts are only 30 minutes! I added a few ab crunches and called it done! :D:D

YUM -- love cake! What kind was it. I always like to know. :rolleyes:

Nasty weather here today! I think I'll do a HITT circuit of some sort!

Jann the cake was a 15 layer chocolate raspberry. I bought it. I usually make our birthday cakes but I have been working too much. I'll probably make him one this weekend so........ More tasting!!

Good job on doing something everyday!!!

Thanks Beth -- OH Really YUM! 2 cakes are always better than just one - :rolleyes:;):eek:

Checking in with burn circuit 1 and 30 minutes on the treadmill.

It is chilly out there this morning. I cut Reggie's walk short -- too cold.
2029.gif

LIS today then off to work with my garden group. We have to winterize around the town hall, walking trail and the park today. So I diffidently will be getting plenty of cardio to make up for our short walk!
gif_25.gif

Chilly in Florida too Jann!! What did you do to winterize?

I did the first group training for the 1/2 marathon today. It was only 5 miles. We were in groups with different pace times. The leader had us on a 45min run then 1 min walk all the way through. It was too easy bu t I'll see what I say about that when the mileage goes up!

where is everyone else?

Hi Beth -- We cut back all the plants that need pruning. We pulled up annuals that we planted and had died. We re-mulched some areas. Made the beds look pretty for winter.

My back and legs are spent.

YAY Beth -- sounds like you are going to have a blast!

Teresa is posting a lot on facebook, maybe she dose not have the time to do both? Joan is here and there. All the others dropped out a while back. :(

Jann- That (the gardening) does sound like a whole lot of bending and squatting!

I am resting today today with one more Barre workout to go and a whole lot of houseMAX! It is definately soup season here and I would like toget some going. I think Ill try your cabbage soup recipe in the crock pot. I have some good chicken broth. Everytime I cook chicken I make a broth from the bones for later.

Joan and Magnolia-- Miss you!

The gardening was a lot of up and down. I also ended up sweeping all the sidewalk area. A lot of waist movement - :p. I thought to myself, hey why not? :rolleyes:

I should save my chicken bones, I am terrible about just pitching it all. :confused:

Yesterday was a complete and total rest day!!! I sat on the computer all day trying to find a place to stay in Colorado over the holidays. We're taking a family trip since my one son is already there. Today is going to be run walk 45 min and gym style.

It's cardio day - ugh -- I took Reggie for a walk and planned to jump on the treadmill. Jeremy called and we talked for over a hour
cute.gif
I miss our long talks. Anyway need to get outside now and cut back some trees and rake leaves. I'll just count that as cardio day.
thumbsup.gif
OK?

Beth Colorado for the holidays sounds really nice!!! I image you don't get much snow in Florida - ;) Will you other son be joining you also?

I can't believe I just typed a long post and then didn't submit it.

Here's the short version. I have been sick since 11/13. I even missed the second day of my tax seminar. I got Elliot's stomach flu (it lasted about 12 hours for everyone in my son's family). Mine lasted a lot longer so I think I had regular flu also. Started to feel human Monday so went to the gym yesterday.

Beth when you get your fitbit, join the Cathe fitbitters so we can compare steps.

I miss you guys. I hope I start having more time. These 10 hour days of babysitting are getting old.

Joan

Joan I am so sorry you have the flu. It really can pull you down quickly! Feel better!

No workout today, I had planned a burn circuit, my dil called and we went to the movies!! I feel a little guilty - :( - tomorrow I will!! I can't go two days without working out...2 leads to 3 etc etc with me!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.