50 and over January check in

Jann!!! Whoa! What fun! I would go in a heartbeat. I am number 198 so I wont be going! It was an impulse that happened 20 seconds too late!

It was an impulse for me!! I mentioned it to my husband and he said go already... and I signed in. :eek::eek:
I talk about it every year. The more I think about it, the more nervous I am.:confused:

I'm alive. I had flu/cold for two weeks and then the virus for almost a week. Tuesday and Wednesday I finally felt like eating and just ate junk. I think because after the gym Tuesday I went to the store and the first thing I ate was a doughnut. It was downhill after that.

Jann Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm glad I'm still 25 today. I would hate to get older. Still don't have all my energy back but it's getting there. Sad to say I only did the first week of the rotation.

Joan

Joan - glad you are feeling better. That's a long time to be sick.
Jann - congratulations on getting in on the road trip. That is soo very cool and very scary also. Even more reason to work out - get prepared for the trip.
Robin - I have done Les Mills Pump. I like the fact that you can make it as hard as you want by increasing weight. I like lifting weights to music also. There is not a lot of difference between the workouts though. You work the entire body in each workout so if a muscle group is sore, too bad.
As for results from this rotation - I truly think my leg muscles are getting tighter. Since this is my goal, I am happy so far.
sheila

Hi Joan -- That flu/cold hung around for a while!! Glad to hear you are better. Don't worry about the junk, today is a new day! :D I know your big work season in on! How was your 25th birthday?

I have to admit the RT gives me a bit more incentive to kick it up a bit - :D (that's part of the reason I did it :rolleyes: )

GS - Back,shoulders, bis today. One of favorites!

Sheila my legs have changed after of month of xtrain as well! It has to be most of the cardio work is legs!

GS Back,shoulders and bis -- done! Now, I have to go get my stitches out. My biopsy came back --- no Cancer!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: I feel like a million pounds has lifted off of me!

Hi Everyone,

I'm checking in. I've been getting updates, but haven't been spending much time here on the boards as between work and workouts I haven't had much time, however, I'm trying to rectify that :) Anyhow, I've been trying to stay on track with XTrain (pun intended), lol and I agree, it is difficult. So, some days I am doubling up and using that extra day as either a day off or doing another workout...most often a Les Mills Combat. I have to say, I am amazed at the increase in strength I have experienced already. The most I have been able to lift for BI's is 12/15 for low reps. I am now using 15's for 3 all the BURN sets! So excited. I've noticed huge changes in definition in my legs and my entire upper body is tinier...per my clothes. I really haven't seen the scale budge though. I'm definately going to see this through to the end.
And sore...DOMS is a daily event with this program. I've never been so sore for so long!

So a shout out to all on this thread. I need to get caught up with the posts. Hoping to do that this weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

Vicky

Sheila my legs have changed after of month of xtrain as well! It has to be most of the cardio work is legs!

GS Back,shoulders and bis -- done! Now, I have to go get my stitches out. My biopsy came back --- no Cancer!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: I feel like a million pounds has lifted off of me!

GREAT NEWS YAY

Jann - Oh my goodness that is great news. I cant imagine the stress that waiting can cause. I am soo very happy for you.

I have learned the hard way to wait to do the 100 rep leg squats until thurs before I go back to work. That gives my muscles time to get over being sore. I did it on Monday? last week and I had to work out the rest of the week even though my thighs were sore.

Hi Everyone!

I hope it's ok to join this check-in- a little late,lol. I check in with the WW group too. Started the 90 day XTrain rotation on 1/7. So far I am really loving this rotation! I have substituted Ride in a few places and have never done the 80 min.leg workout. I always do the shorter premix simply because I workout in the morning before work and I only have 60 min. to devote to exercise in the mornings. So far I am seeing great results and I have always been very consistent with my workouts, so I'm thinking that there is something about this particular rotation that really works for me. I add in Zumba 2 evenings a week just for the fun factor.
I have enjoyed reading through these threads :). About me: just turned 50 in November, recently became an empty nester my twins are at college and I really miss them, 4th grade teacher- love my job:), I'm trying to make connections with other fitness minded people to help me keep my motivation.
Jann, congratulations on getting in to the RT. This was the first year I tried and I ended up on the waiting list. I was hoping that the idea of the RT would give me the extra motivation and also something to look forward to. I'm #17 on the wait list. I read one of your earlier posts about the pre diabetes, I am reading such an eye-opening book right now, it's called Sugar Nation by Jeff O'Connell. I'd highly recommend it. It talks about the pharmaceutical industry and diabetes or pre diabetes and how most type 2 diabetes can be managed with lifestyle changes. Very interesting, so many things I did not know!
Sugarfree- sounds like you're very busy with the kids, I remember being there just a few years ago, shuttling kids everywhere, feeling exhausted etc. It will be gone so fast you wont believe it- and yes you will miss it ( although I do have to say I really enjoy being able to be more selfish)
Anyway, I think I've blabbed on enough. Off to do Cardio Leg blast after some more coffee. Jen:)

Jen your chances of getting are REALLY good. They have almost 10 people who have not yet gotten back to them because of the server crash!!!! Any person after #46 got an email and we had to re-apply!!!
OMgosh!! I would love it if you go!!!

I will be 57 in July - :eek::eek: I know I am not in the majority going! :D:D:D:D

I'll check out that book -- Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.