5 day rotation for fat loss & definition?

tk501

hi all,

i was wondering what a good rotation might be for fat loss and definition only working out 5 days/week? i've gotten back into working out over the past few months after a looooooooooooong hiatus, and want to make sure i'm getting the most out of my rotations.

for the past month i've been doing 2 days/week cardio, 2 days/week circuits, and 1 day/week full body weights (muscle endurance). i loved the results from muscle endurance so this week decided to do 3 days cardio and 2 days full body weights. but i'll miss my circuits! i was thinking i could also do a week here and there with 2 days cardio, 1 circuit, 1 lower body and 1 upper body to use all the workouts i have and get a bit of variety.

i just want to know if i'm getting enough of the right stuff in there to meet my goals - i'd love to be able to work out 6 days per week (and use one of cathe's rotations) but my body hates me if i get up early every day ;(

your thoughts and advice are very welcome! thanks! -tk

Hi! You have certainly come to the right place. I am sure you will get plenty of adice here!! I am a personal trainer. I am currently helping several women on this website with their goals, Hopefully I can help you. Her is what I would suggest:

Day One: circuit workout with upper body focus

Day Two: circuit workout with lower body focus

Day Three: cardio only + abs

Day Four: circuit workout with upper body focus

Day Five: circuit workout with lower body focus

Day Six: ACTIVE RECOVERY

Day Seven: REST

Let me know is you would like focused circuit workouts. I need to know DVDs you have!

Kristen

I'd recommend Cathe's 4 Day Split doing the workouts as is and on the 5th day...one week do a longer cardio workout and the next week alternate the 5th workout with a total body endurance workout or a circuit workout.

Hi tk, I'm not an expert by any means, but I only workout 5 days a week as well and when I want to do a rotation I just pick one of the many rotations posted on this website and just add in an extra rest day each week. Right now I'm doing fitness freak's get ready for summer rotation with an added rest day and I'm loving it. Hope this helps!!

Laura

thanks for the feedback everyone! laura - when you do a 6-day rotation with an extra rest day, how do you decide what to leave out? or do you just roll the sixth workout over to the following week (such that the overall rotation lasts a little over 4 weeks)?

kristen, you asked for what dvds i have so, here ya go! (i've only listed cathe workouts because those are the ones i use primarily.) i have about 60-75 minutes to work out in the morning, and prefer to workout using just one dvd (ie, no switching mid-workout - i feel like it breaks the flow). thanks again for your advice! -tana

classics vol. 1: step jam, step heat, step max
cardio hits: power max, step fit, step works, abs
imax 2 + cardio & weights
lowmax
rhythmic step, interval max, maximum intensity cardio
step, jump & pump + step blast
kick punch & crunch + legs & glutes
circuit max + cardio kicks
kick max
drill max
cardio fusion
low impact circuit
crosstrain xpress
high step challenge
high step training
power hour, maximum instensity strength, body max
boot camp + muscle endurance
pyramid upper + lower body
supersets + push pull
muscle max
butts & guts
pure strength series
gym style back, shoulders & biceps
core max
ab hits
i also have a couple of things just ordered:
imax 3
4 day split
body max 2
timesaver dvd

Tana, I just roll the sixth day over to the next week. So a 4 week rotation will actually be a 5 week rotation for me.

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.