40s Amazing August!

Hello! Today did bike and PT, which is squats, lunges, step ups, lots of floor work. Also cleaned out the garage and put lots out for the bulk pick up. Ronne, hope you have a great vacation! Give us the scoop! Lisa, so blessed you are to have found that massage person! She has been so helpful to you! Jody, how was the orientation? Murphy, are you brand new yet? Saturday the twins turn 16! We are taking them to do a warrior dash, that's what they wanted to do. I was looking at the obstacles, they are going to be a muddy mess! I have to go shopping. I did want to get them driving school, that's going to have to wait a bit. It will be $700 for the two of them! Yikes! Have a good day! Mary

Went for a long walk with the dogs this morning (loved the cloud cover), went 3.9 miles! Then came back and did Cathe Live - All about legs (thankfully server was back up when I was ready to do it!). I enjoyed the workout and looking forward to doing the other live classes. It's nice seeing real people.

Ronne, oh, I'm not sad at all at not being able to do any of those exercises :) and if anyone asks, I have a dr's note! lol I'm just glad I finally found the connection (or so I hope). I do my best thinking on a walk or in the shower, hope the walk helped :).

Mary, did you notice I did 2 leg w/o's in a week? I'm going to do more leg and like it! Oh my, and after the driving class, it's the increase in insurance x2! They thought it might have been twins with my 2nd pregnancy, I say, uh, that would have been fine for the first one, not the 2nd, thankfully it was only one,,,,, one BIG one...9.5 pounds at birth

Hi

Lisa - I didn't know you'd signed up. I think the classes look really fun, Cathe's really lively.

Mary - 16! Yikes. Hope you all have a great celebration. They sound like healthy, active kids if they want to do something like that. :)

Did X10 Step today. God, it was tough. I gave it my all, used the same weights. Could not have done anything else. I've got various aches and pains, dodgy right hamstring, groin, achilles tendons on both feet. I know it's time to give my body a rest. ;)
Enjoy the rest of August and I'll see you all in a couple of weeks.

Good morning! Today did KCM SS UB, have to go to PT. I'm getting tired of going to tell you the truth. Ronne, have a ball! Lisa, you got Cathe Live? Isn't it amazing? I like seeing real people and the same faces suffering with me! Jody, are you working to the bone? Hi Murphy! Today the boys and I ate going to the beach. Poor DD is stuck at band for 12 hours! Won't make it around tomorrow, band camp, band show, warrior dash, dinner. Busy day. Have a good day, Mary

Ronne, have a wonderful trip!

Mary, it sounds like a fun celebration. Enjoy the beach. Wow, 2x16! And driving soon!! I WASNT supposed to go the next day but I went to my dept and they let me stick around for a few hours and get some stuff checked off.

Lisa, I love being outdoors and walking when the weather pleases me and I'm all loving it.

Murphy, what are you up to? I have one Crunch workout- boot camp. I like it ok but haven't done it in eons.

I drove home thru a very dramatic lightning storm the other night, saw a really big gator cruising down the canal the other day -also on way home, and went to Trader Joes and bought cookies that I later broke my (vulnerable b/c its already been repaired) tooth on. And I did BM2 cardio and leg circuits. Off to see Guardians of the Galaxy w/ dd. Waves~~

Today was 2.75 mile dog walk, then did Cathe Live Step class from the RT. Oh my, it was hard! Not dance-y choreography really all drills, I had sweat on my step--- more than usual (usually just a few drops, this time it threatened to slip me up). Looks like my GF and I are hiking the day before my birthday (2.6 miles, 900 elevation and probably at an elevation of 12,000), then the day of my birthday we will do the 14er (5.25 miles, 2100 ft in elevation and obviously at 14,000 Ft!).

Ronne, have a great vacay! I just signed up for Cathe Live as to get a flavor of what to expect at the road trip.

Mary, how much longer for PT? I'm sure you are getting tired of it, are they giving you different stuff? I dropped out because I didn't need someone telling me to do the same stuff every time. My stupid neck muscle felt achy-wish this morning, I tried to do a half sleep on my left side and half on my back, it turned out it was just as bad as sleeping on the left side as it's the pushing my left shoulder forward for a longish period of time that causes it. I'm sooooooo tired of dealing with it. I can cut back on the exercises that cause it (and some of them were ones PT had me doing), but seriously, I WANNA SLEEP ON MY LEFT SIDE! Is that too much to ask? :)

Jody, I guess those ended up being some expensive cookies :confused:

Today did a Supercuts premix and then did some foam roller stuff. I think I will start incorporating a stretch and roller day every so often. Funny, I prefer Cathe's stretch dvd to the yoga ones? Anyway, I am consistently upping the weight. Still at 5 pounds for most of it, but got in a few six pound work.

Ronne - have a great trip.
Jody - how Guardians of the Galaxy?
Mary - sounds like a full weekend, good luck and get some rest when you can. Happy Birthday to the twins.
Lisa - have a good time with GF.
Um, did I miss something? Where is Roxie?

Murphy

Guardians was really good, so glad I went with dd and saw it at the theater. Working today, hanging with dancers tonight. Usually too much party for my own good.

Did a 3.4 mile dog walk and then came home and did 60 minutes of spinning. I signed up for StudioSweat and I enjoyed spinning and I think I"m getting better at it too! I did feel it in my shoulder muscle so didn't lean down as much on the handlebars, it feels ok now.

Murphy, I think it becomes more important the older we get to stretch (this from someone who always hated stretching). If I miss a stretch I feel it the next day now, and I even do more stretching than what's at the end of a DVD, EVERYDAY. Good job on the weights, you'll get there, or if you aren't meant to be there, you'll know it and accept and just be happy at the wonders your body can do after all the badges of courage we have earned over the years.

Jody, sounds like a fun time.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Did a ME premix. I saw it in the rotation this month and have had it on my mind. It felt good. I need to start getting up early again during the week so I can do these hour long dvd's during the week. I have been doing shorter programs and I think I need to get back to the longer stuff - especially since I am trying to get this weight off.

Jody - DH liked Guardians too.
Lisa - I agree, I think stretching is extra important as we get older.
Waves to all!

Murphy

Party was fun, I left at 3AM- ate too much but didn't drink hardly anything. One of the girls had a dance performance so we changed and went to that and then came back and finished up w/ chocolate fondue. I did PH today and I'm listening to the sound track from Guardians, really good.
Murphy, good job with ME. I feel like I'm starting over. In fact I went back my log that starts in 2006 for workout ideas.
Lisa, good job modifying your spin. You are getting some long workout time in.
Mary, I hope you had a fun busy day. Warrior dash sounds like a good time. : O

Hello! Today did bike and PT. Kids had a great birthday! Warrior dash was a mess, but fun! I walked the course with DS(he has a stress fracture) and another friend, DH went with DD and friend. I watched all the obstacles except last one, to finish you had to climb under barbed wire and get thru a pond of mud. It was disturbing! I had mud in every crevice! Jody, 3 in the morning? I haven't stayed up that late in years! Sounds fun! Lisa, what are you up to? Hi Murphy! Have to get to shower! Mary

I didn't make it here yesterday, I woke up and my body said 'I need a rest day!' so I only walked the dogs 2, slow, miles. Today, I hit it hard, a 2.2 mile dog walk, then Cathe Live metabolic workout (I was expecting FT, it felt more like AB to me), then I wanted to try out a new trainer on studio sweat so did 35 mins spinning. Then I did vacuum-max and mop-max... I'm exhausted!

Mary, so you had mud where you didn't know you could get mud? lol

Jody, it'd take me a week to recover from being up until 3am.
IT turns out that the muscle hurting in neck/shoulder wasn't from leaning on my arms, it was from the fan blowing on it, grrrrr, so toady, no fan and lots of sweat!

Murphy, are you doing more cardio, circuit, metabolic workouts? I think that's what's working from me... along with walks everyday and tracking food.

I did Rhythmic Step this morning and did a slow (one notch up from a walk) jog this afternoon, just shy of 3 miles.

Mary, LOL at you, the Queen of Clean, getting mud into all of your parts!

Lisa, I work night shifts and days so I just rolled with it, but I did have a headache the next day. There was a big bowl of fortune cookies (100 of them) and we took turns reading them out loud and adding "in bed" at the end. It works with just about every single fortune. And was pretty darn funny.

Murphy how's your weekend going?

I hope Ronne is having a nice weather.

I feel sad about Robin Williams.

Good morning! Today did bike and PT, that alone takes an hour. Just didn't feel like adding on upper body! Jody, that is hard switching shifts around like that. I always liked nights, just not the hours! I was very disturbed by the mud! They got a picture of me standing and staring at it. You could sense the disgust! Lisa, it's birthday week! Hope you are having fun and that there are lots of nice surprises for you! Hi Murphy! Ronne must be lounging around drinking a fine French champagne! Going to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles today with youngest DS. I'm not exactly thrilled about it! The twins have some thing at the high school all day. They are helping orient the new freshman coming in. Very sad about Robin Williams, I hope he knew how much joy he brought to others, so sorry he couldn't find they joy in himself. Mary

I did a 2.75 mile dog walk and then an intermediate Pilates reformer session. I'm taking it easy today to give my body a break for the next 2 intensive hiking days.

Mary, funny everything old is new again, re: TMNT. I didn't like them the first time around :confused:

Jody, it is sad about RW, someone who brought so much laughter to others. THey talked about manic/depressives on Today show today, I guess he had that and a lot of "geniuses" have some form and hate taking medication because it dulls the genius so they self medicate with drugs/alcohol. It was interesting.

I'll be gone for the next couple days! Pray for no thunderstorms on the mountain! They scare me!

CB done yesterday. I worked all night last night and slept til noon then slugged around til now. Not sure what I'll come up with for w/o today.

Lisa I hope you have beautiful birthday weather and enjoy your family gtg. My mom's bd is the day after yours.

Mary it might be quiet around here! How was TMNT? Are you doing PT daily? How's progress? Re my schedule, I hope things smooth out in a few months. I hope I do well at new job. I'm tempted to keep applying for different jobs in hopes of getting a schedule I want, but I will stay put at the two places and increase my skills and show stability. But I'll keep my eyes peeled and evaluate my situation, especially after winter.

Hello! Today did XT legs, had to mix things up. Lisa, have a very happy birthday! Enjoy your hike and family! Jody, hopefully one of those places will hire you for the perfect hours and with a great raise! I go to PT once a week, I'm really done with the same exercises over and over, very tedious! Movie was terrible! I did try to snooze, he kept nudging me to tell me I was missing all the good parts! Lol! Hi Murphy! Have to figure out dinner! Mary

Hello! I think I'm talking to myself! Anyway did GG today. Lisa, hope you are having a great day! Happy Birthday! Jody, you must be working? Murphy, hope you feel good. Ronne, hope you are having fun! Kids have orientation to school today, can't believe school starts next week all ready! Have a good day if anyone shows up! Mary

HI all. I did CSS yesterday and LLA today. I liked them both. I increased the weight in a few areas and played it safe in others. It feels really good to be getting back in the saddle.

Jody - I keep a log of my favorite rotations and refer to them at times. I just added a page of short premixes so on those days when I am late I have not excuse not to get something done. I really should have done it a long time ago.
Lisa - I am trying to mix it up with cardio and weights and circuit training. My balance is still a little off with lunges so I have to revise my choices (ex. - B&G is out for now with all the lunges). I am just trying to mix it up as usual and I too am writing down what I eat. It really helps me to stay focused.
Mary - I hope it was "clean" mud and not just pre-existing dirt and water. Yuck.
Waves to all.
Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.