**40 & Over Check-In Week 6/29**

Hi everyone! Well yesterday I was supposed to do PS legs and I went to the mail box and the GS series had arrived! So I did GS legs yesterday! Well, the standing leg part wasn't too bad, then I got to the floor and that was a whole different story! The ball work and the band work just about did me in! Walking up the stairs to take my shower was pretty shaky! Today my upper hamstrings are talking to me! I didn't want to do cardio today (my legs), so I tried the GS CT, I am sure tomorrow I won't be lifting my arms for much! Thanks so much for this checkin because it is keeping me responsible for maintaining my workouts! Have a great night. Mary

Hi All! Yesterday I inline skated and did the weight work from High Step Challenge (or something like that). Today I went skating again, but had a spill (wear your protection!!!--seriously, it has saved me more than once ;-) ) I think a stone got caught in the skate, but then a wheel actually came off. That ever happen to anyone? So, I decided to ride my bike to the pool and swim a bit. then mowed lawn...all that counts, right :) :) Tomorrow I´m thinking about MM. Enjoy your night!
Leslie

I am back to report that I made it through Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kick-Boxing CIA-2705 and 13 minutes of Ab Hits. I'm walking like I'm 80 but oh bother as Pooh would say. Took the kids to the pool to try and work some of the lactic acid out of my legs, it helped a little.

Lisa, thank you for the warm welcome. I have been laying to the water today but haven't gotten in my calories like I should have. Tomorrow will be better!

Leslie- You are smart to be using cushioned padding when skating. My sister went to fly around a corner but just kept going straight. She got banged up good and never went blading again.

Murphy - Milk chocolate is my downfall. How was DM? Let us know what you thought of it.

Mary - Glad you got your GS - don't you love getting new videos in the mail - it's kind of like Christmas to me.

Hi to Vilma, Andrea, GettingFitMom, Tina, Lynn and Lauramax:)

Sleep well, everyone!

hi all,

I had a workout free day today. Rode my horse who was very very naughty:) , He was "full of himself" I am sure I burnt off calories just trying to get some common sense from him! LOL.

My rosecea is BACK!! It went away, responded very well to a new product i had tried, but now its come back!! I don't know why its come back, unless its responding to the cold winds? I've been walking a lot outside lately? Do you think cold winds could effect the skin?

I think I'm just going to botox my wrinkles and forget about moisturises/anti aging creams, lotions and potions.

Laura - my face is a science experiment! It really S***s ME!

Y'all have a great day, I'm off to do a little yoga.
Andrea

Good morning everyone!
Today I plan on doing MM but I do need to shovel 4 inches of clay soil off of our garden, so that may be all the workout I need today!

Andrea, yes, cold wind really does affect skin but it´s hard to just stay inside, isn´t it. Re: anti aging creams: from what I´ve read, the best is retin A, docs prescription. The generic brand is Tretoinin or something like that. Over 30ish, the doc needs to write a note that it is for acne or the insurance won´t pay. "Luckily" I had just enough acne to count!

Good morning,

Well, I chickend out on the DM. I got up late so I went for the B&G, something I thought I was familiar with. Last time I did not use the weights all the way through but I did this time and OMG! What was I thinking. Oh wait, I know, I blocked it out.:eek:

Talk to you soon,
Murph

HappyDance, I did Kimberly's AKB yesterday morning! That's one of my favorites...........

So Monday night I followed Tracey's KBSF (morning workout) with her Core Blast (I had a Tracey day on Monday :p ). Tues morning it was Spreen's AKB, Tues night legs/chest at the gym. Wed morning (today) I did Kenpo X Plus, didn't feel like I got enough of a workout, so did Strikes 2-6 from Tracey's SZ.

I'm trying to figure out when I can fit some Cathe and/or Amy in this week LOL. Maybe tomorrow I'll do KPC since I've done KB every day this week, & I'll hit the gym tomorrow night for back/bis/abs. And I'm actually considering <gasp> not working out on Friday. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with my day, but I figured I'd give it a try. :+

The diet has been squeaky clean. I've lost 3 lbs since Monday & I think it's real weight loss, not water.

The big challenge will be not putting it back on this w/e! :eek:

Hello Ladies!

How is everyone's Wednesday coming along?

Got up early enough to do my planned workout for today - KPC felt I had more energy to spare so I jumped on my TM and did CCv4 - Now I feel completely done! lol

Hubby just got home from work is taking a snooze but later on we have plans to go see Angelina Jolie's new movie 'Wanted' :D and go and get some yummy sushi later on.

Tomorrow is a rest day for me so I plan on fitting in Stretch Max to help loosen the muscles and joints - after today's workout I think my body will need it LOL

Lisa:

Your very welcome about CC :) I just feel they are so great as before I got them and iTreads my TM was never being used. Now I worry that I was it so much it may conk out on me one day.

Leslie:

Goodness be careful! Good thing you had on your protection gear on.

Murph:

Too funny about blocking out the memory of B&G

Hearty Hellos going out to LauraMax, HappyDance, Kay, Mary, Andrea, lala1, and all who Follow! :7

LauraMax! Great job losing 3lbs....You deserve to take off Friday!

Vilma - you done KPC AND done CC? Are you sure your over 40 or over ;-) :7 That's great!

Murph - that's way too funny! One "must" block it out as not to have those thoughts of "I can't make it:7 The floor work in B&G is insane!

Idream - I have a friend who has a horse and has been riding alot lately, she says it has really toned her abs..maybe I should buy a horse instead of a bike! :)

Mary - I had to laugh reading your post! How did you feel about those calve raises? OMG...after that and then Step Blast last night, mine aren't wanting to move at all!

Lisa - what did you think after doing GS Legs? I think after doing P90X Cathe wouldn't be able to do me that way!!! Then again, P90X wasn't famous for alot of leg work that really worked them that good! What part of WV is your family from?

Ok girls - I better get off here and finish my 2 protein pancakes and blueberries:9

Have a great day!

Hi everyone. I'm done with my workout for today, GS CT and for the bonus cardio I did CCv4.

Vilma - I'm using my treadmill a lot now too. I already told DH that if the treadmill dies (it is 15 yrs old) that I want to get a better one with a nicer cushioned deck for these joints that are getting older.

Laura - that's awesome about your weight loss!

Tina - My calves always are sore after GS Legs. My family is in the Buckhannon area what about you? Tomorrow I'm going to do Kickmax instead of the steady state cardio. I don't like Kickmax that much and there is no way I'll motivate myself to do it on saturday when it is scheduled. I'll save a CCv8 steady state for Saturday, those CC's are soooo motivating.

Well, it's off to do the grocery shopping have a great day all.

Hi everyone! You all have been busy today! The horse riding sounds like a ball! I would bet it would be great for your core and your inner thighs, too! idream- have you tried the Aveeno Calming Cream? It is supposed to help with redness? It is in a yellow bottle. I don't have the rosecea (spelling is all wrong!),but I have used it before for redness and it does work. Well, yesterday I did the GS CT, today I am haveing trouble pushing and pulling doors open! So I guess the workout did its job! I need to go get some cardio in now. Tomorrow GS BSB, that should be a treat! I am treating myself and taking the 4th off! Have a goood night. Mary

Hi All,

Checking in kinda late here.....did a Pilates dvd today and kept the eating clean, gardened and just had some yummy watermelon!

See you tomorrow,

IndyMom:)

Hi All,

Laura - 3lbs. High Fives. I used Tae Bo Celebrity Fit cardio today, didn't stop, repeated several faster moves a least four times. It probably took just over an hour in total and I am stuffed!! Its as good as any Cathe workout, only if you don't stop! No slowing down when he slows down, you keep on moving!! Doing something. I really enjoyed it.

Tina - if its abs you want to strengthen, then ride a horse.!

Lisa - I'm not a kickmax fan either and I tended to replace it with another workout when rotations called for it. I do like the blasts and the leg work at the end.

Mary - Thanks for the skin care tip, i don't know what I am going to do with it, it is the worst it has EVER been right now!

Indymom - the good thing about this thread is that it doesn't matter how late you check in, everyone always catches up!:)

I have a child standing beside me saying, "Muuuum." Actually, its whinning, "Muuuum". So I best attend to the problem.

TTFN, Andrea

>
>Vilma - you done KPC AND done CC? Are you sure your over 40
>or over ;-) :7 That's great!

LOL Tina yes I am over 40.... 41 actually since May 13th ;) working out helps keep me young but I'm feeling the little twinges around my left lower back and hips today so I'll be doing some stretching later on as today is my Rest Day :) that should get me back ready to tackle UB and CCv2 tomorrow lol thats whats on tap for me
:7

Hi all, I did Kickmax today and I'm sure I look like a dork while doing it. My roundhouse kicks are horribly low. Maybe that's why I don't love kickbox too much, I just don't kick that well esp compared to Cathe and Company. Jai can really get her leg up there! I do like how it makes my core feel and hoping the punches help firm my upper arms. Those leg conditioning drills are torture (esp the ones to the side) but they do good things for my legs even if I look dopey while doing them. Ta ta for now!

Hi all. I have not had a good week. The past 2 days my alarm did not go off correctly (old old clock) and I got up late and raced to work. Today they put me on call, then as I got ready to go to a spinning class at the gym with DH they called me because they had an open heart case and I'm the only "heart nurse" tonight. So, I'm getting ready to hop in the shower and head out. It is overtime and extra effort bonus so I should count my blessings I can pick up some really good extra money. However, I would rather be spinning right now.

Tomorrow I am going to double up to make up for my missed workouts. My eating has been really good, though, so that is a positive.

I loved reading all your posts, and I don't now how you ladies with children still at home manage everything. Mine are all grown and I'm glad!!

Have a great fourth and I will try for a better weekend. I am feeling way less irritable and energy is picking up. Maybe my clock new I needed the extra zzzzzs.

Happy fourth!!!!!!
Lynn

Hi Lynn, I wanted to quickly respond to your post.

I think your irritability found it's way to me! I'm getting major PMS this month, watch out family!

I'm also amazed at what some of these ladies are juggling. My kids are still home, my oldest is a sophomore in college and will go back after the end of the month. I know I'm really going to miss him, it's hard letting go. But yet some days I wish they were gone, like today (again just think PMS).

I'm blessed that I was able to quit working the last couple of years (after 24 yrs in the corporate world) and that I can devote a more time to taking care of me, husband, family and house. It's wonderful being able to do the mom and wife role and not have to work the 50 hr weeks in addition. I admire you nurses, I couldn't do it, I'd like to but couldn't handle the job desc. I'm sure your job gives you much satisfaction at the end of the day. We need you nurses!

Take care and have a great weekend, hope you are able to get that feel good exercise time.

Hi Everyone-

Sorry I haven't posted but life happens sometimes.:eek: I had a doctor's appt and the car needed to be worked on. Doctor said I had lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks - so I was happy.

I missed yesterday with the 45 min steady state bike so I will have to double up today in the workout rotation. That will take care of some of the not so clean food we are having with my extended family tonight for our cookout.

Laura - Yes, I love Kickboxing. I lost alot of weight (20lbs)when I stayed dedicated 4 years ago. Great job on the 3 lbs!

Vilma - Did you like "Wanted"? My daughter saw it and liked it. I don't have Stretch-Max, is it worth buying? I have "The Bar Method" and some Classical Stretch - maybe CS would work.

Tina- Would you mind sharing your protein pancake recipe? Have you seen the Goat Whey powder advertised in the fitness magazines? I am calling for the sample.

Indymom - Hi! Great choice on the watermelon. Clean! Hope you enjoyed your time gardening. I love to gardening.:)

Andrea- I was wondering about the Taebo Celebrity Fit - I will have to rent it from Netflix.

Lisa- Don't worry about your kicks being too low (mine are too!) at least you are doing them - they'll get better.;)

Lynn - Glad you got some extra sleep and your energy is picking up. I admire you and your job - we need nurses and you are helping so many people.

Oh, I am new and all to this posting. Is there an easier way to post than read, take notes and turn around and post? (I'm not computer savvy, can you tell! hahaha)

If I don't chat with you all again, have a safe and wonderful 4th!

Abbie Rose

>Hi Everyone-
>
>Sorry I haven't posted but life happens sometimes.:eek: I had a
>doctor's appt and the car needed to be worked on. Doctor said
>I had lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks - so I was happy.

>Vilma - Did you like "Wanted"? My daughter saw it and liked
>it. I don't have Stretch-Max, is it worth buying? I have
>"The Bar Method" and some Classical Stretch - maybe CS would
>work.

>Oh, I am new and all to this posting. Is there an easier way
>to post than read, take notes and turn around and post? (I'm
>not computer savvy, can you tell! hahaha)
>
>If I don't chat with you all again, have a safe and wonderful
>4th!
>
>
>Abbie Rose

HappyDance or shall I say Abbie Rose - what a pretty name :)

Yes I throughly enjoyed 'Wanted' it was a good action summer flick and held my interest all the way through :)

Today I have plans to take our youngest to go see Wall*E as she has been asking me to take her so I'll do that once my dh goes to sleep to keep to house quiet lol (He works from 11 pm - 730am, but drives 1 1/2 hr to and from work)

I have StretchMax and Cathe's Basic Stretching dvds - both I think are good I tend to grab either one and do the entire dvd when I feel esp. tight (Which I did yesterday) I end up doing a section of either after a long run on my TM to help loosen things up - Both are athletic type dvds

What I usually do when I'm doing a long list of personals is just open up two windows minimize them so they are side by side as I respond and post with your post I'm just replying with quote ;)

Hope you have a good and safe July 4th :)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grillsmile1.gif

Hi all,

Abbie Rose, what kickboxing did you do for your 20lbs? Was it classes at gym? If you are going to do Any Billy Blanks, remember, DO NOT STOP OR SLOW DOWN! Keep on moving until you need to slow down, otherwise the workouts are too easy. Repeat the harder sections three - four times (maybe even go for a fith time) The celebrity ones are good because hes really very entertaining in these. (Even if he does look like Fred Flinstone LOL)

Stretch Max is a very "nice" dvd. I use it a fair bit, especially when I've got DOMS and yoga is gunna hurt too much! :)

Vilma - I have to write notes as I go along! I don't know how to open up two windows! And even with the notes i still get people mixed up or forget someone! :)

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.