40 & fit

Today I did STS Chest/Back Meso 3, I plan to run 3 miles or so later at lunch --- I need the "feel good" endorphins, been feeling a bit down lately.

Murphy, i guess since the STS Cardio is free to download for those of us that preordered I'll download them sometime just to have them--you never know. I only have a couple of the other workouts downloaded---I can't justify buying all of them again just to download them. There are a few I don't have but I don't think I really miss them.

Mary, my sister (51) had lasik last year. She got her eyes corrected for distance, so she has to still wear reading glasses(that defeats the whole purpose to me). My SIL got lasik years ago and now has to wear glasses --- the drs warned her that her eyes would probably go bad again and it wouldn't be a forever fix. DH is like you (and how I would be), he says that he won't do it until his own eye dr does it :) He usually wears contacts and has one lens for distance, one for reading, but when he wears glasses (when he needs a break from contacts) he has his old glasses so he has to take them off to read, totally opposite of me. Eye dr said we make a perfect pair :) problem is, when we are out and I ask him to read something, he doesn't do it very well (but then I have a hard time listening, I like to read to absorb info).

Kathryn, are you still going insane?

I was thinking, Maybe Ronne is lost in the ash cloud? :)

Friday! Love it!

Hi, girls! I'm happy that it is Friday and the weather is beautiful!

Not insane today. Instead, I did AOS Santa Monica kettlebell/rope workout. I really like that workout (obviously, since I do it several times a week). Tomorrow is weigh-in day, and I'm scared to step on the scale. I'd been avoiding it and finally checked in last weekend. I haven't weighed this much since I was pregnant 10 years ago! Ugh... what happened to me over the winter?

Mary, what surgery are you having? I hope it goes well for you, and fixes what is ailing you. The increasing pain is going to force me to fix the foot sooner, rather than later. That, and I can't wear cute shoes anymore. No old-lady ground-grippers for me (sorry, Mom)! I'll go under the knife first.

Murphy, I've looked at the description of month 2 Insanity, and I know what you mean. Hour-long max intensity intervals? I don't know if I'm up for it. I did the Insane Abs disk. I couldn't do many of the exercises (so I substituted), but I'll bet I'd have great abs if I did that workout a couple of times a week.

DH has totally given up exercise and ordered pants and shorts in a size larger (up to 36 from 34). I just won't do that, because then you have an excuse to stay that size... because you have something to wear. Nothing motivates me like having to squeeze into my clothes. It's probably just as well, because he's not into kettlebells and I don't think he could (or should, at his age) do Insanity.

Speaking of DH, he's playing golf today and on Monday, so that's good for me!

I hope everybody has a great weekend, and that Ronne isn't lost in the ash cloud (or trapped in an airport). Ronne, where are you?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.