40, fab, fit and the rest - week of 22/02

Ronne

Cathlete
Hello everyone

Can't believe this hasn't got started already! I've not been around for a week, as we had to keep out of the house while the building work was being done.

So, I'm now back at my desk and trying to catch up! Will be back to chat later, I hope!

Hi all! Hope that you had a good weekend, just busy with kid stuff here! Today was disc 10, next week will be rest, YEAH! I'm glad to be done with the pushups for a while. Hi to all, I have some home work to attend to. They youngest brought home 15 sheets to do?? I might be busy for a long time!! Mary

Blimey, it is quiet round here!

Well, I'm back in the thick of things again. It was half term last week and it coincided with walls being knocked down, etc. so we spent most of the week either out of the house or away. I went to stay with my parents for a few days and stuck a pilates/yoga DVD in my case so at least I got a chance to do something.

Sunday was DD's 8th birthday so that was a pretty busy day! Now I'm back at my desk working through the piles of stuff to do. And trying not to think about my muscles wasting away through lack of exercise ...

Mary - what's your homework?!!

Hope all is well with the rest of you.

Bye for now.

Hi everyone! (I guess that it is just you and me Ronne!) All is well here, well everyone has colds, everyone except my DH, and I hope that he doesn't get it! He isn't very brave! Today I did plyo legs. A lot of fun, the time flies by. I am looking forward to the recovery week tho, I have never done that! Ronne, the homework really isn't mine, (just feels like mine!) it is the youngest's, if I don't sit there with him, it will never get done! Well, I need to get the kids to bed. Hi to all. Mary

Hi all! We are a bunch of busy ladies! Busy here too! Went skiing yesterday, it rained! We had fun though. I've been busy getting my boss organized with the new direction she is wanting to take her business. Busy with the kids and figuring out their school registrations for next year and talking to the youngest about college (he's so serious, which is a good thing!). It never ends!

Ronne, sounds like a mess at your place.

Mary, are you enjoying STS? Tomorrow is disc 9 for me, oh boy, legs! Last time I did legs I was sore for 2 days!

Sorry, can't think of more to say, brain is fried!

Hi everyone

Lisa - lucky you, more skiing! I'm so envious! I'm also envious of the workouts as well, to be honest!;)

Mary - I was just kidding! I was helping DD with her homework tonight, something about naming ceremonies in different cultures ...

Well, downstairs is really starting to take shape. Almost all the walls are down, the horrible wallpaper has gone and we can really see the space it's going to be. I'm starting to feel the lack of exercise though but it will be worth it in the end.

Hi to Murph, Kathryn, Andrea and anyone else who may be lurking.

Ronne, just to rub it in more, we are going back up skiing in 2 more weeks! We have a pass that has to be used up, it was a sweet deal....it equates to about $33 a lift ticket...that's good!

Mary, seems school work never ends. Not that I'm helping with homework anymore (there is no way I could, the kids are way past me), but helping them find their way in college is an experience especially when they want the stars (ie. expensive private out of state college), but the budget says a public in state college (but still a great school). We've set up a visit to the college here hoping that it will help DS17 see that it is a great fit even if they don't have a "biomedical engineering major" --- yep, that's what he want's to do (at least for now).

Hello to anyone around ...

Lisa - you lucky thing. I would love to try skiing and that sounds like a bargain.

The work is getting quite noisy today and it's hard to concentrate. Oh well, not long to go now, maybe another 2 or 3 weeks and then I might actually be able to workout. I'm not really feeling fat but more feeling a loss of strength. God knows what a Cathe workout will do to me when I start again! :eek:

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I'm back.

Hi, girls! I've been feeling and laying low lately, but am finally perking up a bit. The conflict with DH has been ... unpleasant. The school decision for DD has been made, and my team lost. :mad: It took me a whole week to start getting over it.

Things have been frosty at our house, and I don't mean the weather!

Anyway, onward and upward, I guess. Maybe it will be for the best and in six months I'll be writing, "What was I so worried about?" ... thanks to everybody for the encouragement.

I'm really far behind, so I'll read through the posts and try to catch up on what was going on. I've been doing STS (will finish the second week of Mesocycle 1 tomorrow, with Disc 6).

Regarding STS:
If anybody is interested, here are my impressions of the program: It's intimidating at first and a little overwhelming because you have to do so many things (figure out weights, switch exercises, listen to Cathe, keep moving), but it's very do-able when you get used to it. I am also surprised that I can lift heavier weights and do more this week than last, so that shows that the program is working.

On the negative side, I've been very hungry, but that could be stress and PMS, so I'm not going to blame STS just yet!

So far I'm feeling good about the program. I will be finished by sometime in June (that seems so far away).

Have a great day, everybody!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Kathyrn, I'm sorry about everything that you are going through. I hope that things warm up for the two of you. I'm glad that you are enjoying STS, I will finish Meso 1 today. I am actually looking forward to the recovery week. Kind of nervous about not using weights for a week tho! Ronne, will be excited to see pics of your finished house. It certainly has been a long wait for all of you! Lisa, fun with the skiing. We went tubing last week for the first time. It was a lot of fun. What exactly does a person do with a biomedical engineering degree? I feel out of the loop! Hope you all have a good weekend. DH and I are having a date night tomorrow, I'm excited. I also get to get rid of my gray's tomorrow! I have a halo of white around my head! Well, off to do disc 12. Wish me luck, I am dreading the ball work at the end! Mary

Hi all!
I have been working loooong loong shifts mainly nights and afternoons. Needless to say, I haven't been around at all. I think, today, is the first day I'm feeling "normal" again. I have managed to get the workouts in only because the Charlean workouts in the push phase are short.

I'm really enjoying reading everyones reviews on STS. I'm getting very tempted. But when I convert the dollars into Australlian dollars it close to five hundred dollars!!! I'm not sure if the workout is worth that much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.