;)

I'm sorry Lannette...I came to answer your questions but I can't remember them all now, lol.
Perhaps someone else did?
No. It was total crickets. I figured that my questions were in someway offensive and deleted them. I ordered elsewhere but haven’t completely ruled out also ordering from Cathe in addition. If it’s ok I may PM you over at VF Roost. I’m down to 2 questions. ;)

Lannette, I don't think your questions were in any way offensive. I don't have the mat so I couldn't answer, and we have Great Mats flooring so no need for a yoga mat so will probably never purchase one.

What I've noticed is the traffic & postings on the forums are much less than they used to be ... I think forums are becoming archaic & more people use Facebook or other types of social media. I'm archaic, so I read/post. And there are some check-ins that seem to have core members to keep them going. There have been plenty of postings that don't get a response, or much of one - & not because they're offensive. There seems to be a number of us who post to keep the forum going, but those numbers seem to be dwindling too ...

Lannette, I don't think your questions were in any way offensive. I don't have the mat so I couldn't answer, and we have Great Mats flooring so no need for a yoga mat so will probably never purchase one.

What I've noticed is the traffic & postings on the forums are much less than they used to be ... I think forums are becoming archaic & more people use Facebook or other types of social media. I'm archaic, so I read/post. And there are some check-ins that seem to have core members to keep them going. There have been plenty of postings that don't get a response, or much of one - & not because they're offensive. There seems to be a number of us who post to keep the forum going, but those numbers seem to be dwindling too ...
Thank you. By offensive I mean that people may have thought I was trying to make the mat sound flawed. I was not. I was just asking for feedback so I could see if it would be workable in our space. Anyway, no disrespect meant to Cathe or her products.

Sorry Lannette that you didn’t get a response or answers….like Debinmi, I don’t have
the mat either, I am always on carpet and have regular yoga mats when I need one.

I know how you feel, being ignored when you ask questions about anything, really
”irks” me….and that happens a lot to me :). Glad you were able to find what you
wanted.

and no, your questions were not offensive in any way, shape or form!!!

No. It was total crickets. I figured that my questions were in someway offensive and deleted them. I ordered elsewhere but haven’t completely ruled out also ordering from Cathe in addition. If it’s ok I may PM you over at VF Roost. I’m down to 2 questions. ;)
I remember reading your post questions about the mat. I own the mat, but it cost enough that I don't want my dogs running all over it. So, I haven't yet used it. That's why I didn't reply. I intend to use it at the new house we're going to be moving into (eventually), because I'll have a dedicated workout room and will be able to put up a baby/doggie gate when I don't want furry critters wrestling on my mat. Your questions were appropriate and intelligent. There is no reason to spend money on or store stuff that won't work for you. Asking is the best way to find out. All I remember about my mat is that when it arrived, I put the dogs outside to unroll it and "air it out". I ended up putting it back in the bag (after only 10 or 15 minutes) and letting the dogs back in, because the mat had no odor. I was shocked, because I am very sensitive to smells. I tried one downward dog on it while it was out and did feel that it would require a "break-in" period. It wasn't slippery, but it felt like my hands would not have had the "traction" I'm accustomed to if they got slightly damp. I plan on using mine for yoga and stretching only, so I'll only have bare feet or socks (yes, I wear socks for my yoga in the winter:) on the mat. I have a durable rubber mat that I use for anything with shoes. For keeping my weights from clanking on the ground, I have a cheap Walmart mat. I plan to take good care of my round mat, because I won't be able to afford another. I've found that I go through mats too quickly if I use shoes on them. I won't chance it with one in this price range. I did not try cat/cows or anything on it when I had it out, so I don't know how "cushy" it feels on the knees. I tend to use kitchen hot pads for extra cushion when needed. lol I wish I could tell you more, but I haven't really used it yet. I've notice that round the holidays, there tends to be less people on the forum. I've posted questions before and got no answer. Then, the next weekend, all of a sudden, I start receiving answers to a question that I'd just about given up on. :)

I answered on VF cause I saw it there first LOL
I saw your response. You said:
I keep mine folded up and stuffed in a large storage tote cause well, cats are tough on stuff.
How do you fold it and has folding it and “stuffing” it in a tote left permanent folds or marks?

My Cathe mat should arrive tomorrow. I’m rearranging my Rehab reformer mat converter and other accessories to make space for Cathe’s mat to be easily rolled underneath the Reformer then rolled back out for use. I hope my idea works. :)

No, I fold it rather loosely, kind of half between rolling and half folding, and then put it in a very large storage tote. I also don't put the lid on it cause just putting it there is enough to keep cats away.
I also put a very old, mostly worn out yoga mat on top of it so if my kitten, Mac, who is a brat LOL, wants to check stuff out, he's on the old worn out yoga mat.

No, I fold it rather loosely, kind of half between rolling and half folding, and then put it in a very large storage tote. I also don't put the lid on it cause just putting it there is enough to keep cats away.
I also put a very old, mostly worn out yoga mat on top of it so if my kitten, Mac, who is a brat LOL, wants to check stuff out, he's on the old worn out yoga mat.
Thanks! Your description helps a lot. We don’t have cats but our dogs love to share the treadmill with you. One loves to sneak into the gym and check our gym shoes for socks he can steal. We ended up putting in a child gait but I’m sure a cat could get through it without any problem.

My gym is in our finished downstairs level. We keep a baby gate at the top of the stairs, half for my grandkids who we babysit 1-2 days a week and half to keep the dogs upstairs. The cats, they hope right over.
Mac, our kitten, almost 5 months old, is the only real stinker. Ok, Cupcake my calico, she is my gym supervisor, but gets bored and sits in the window silently judging me.
But Mac, he does try to see what I'm doing a little to much. So I tend to put a little food out just before I workout so he'll first be eating, then usually takes a nap!

My gym is in our finished downstairs level. We keep a baby gate at the top of the stairs, half for my grandkids who we babysit 1-2 days a week and half to keep the dogs upstairs. The cats, they hope right over.
Mac, our kitten, almost 5 months old, is the only real stinker. Ok, Cupcake my calico, she is my gym supervisor, but gets bored and sits in the window silently judging me.
But Mac, he does try to see what I'm doing a little to much. So I tend to put a little food out just before I workout so he'll first be eating, then usually takes a nap!
Your cats sound precious! Great workout buddies. :)

My Cathe mat arrived according to schedule. It is indeed more cushy but otherwise identical to the thinner cheaper mat I got. The size is perfect and the round shape makes a bigger difference than I expected. It rolls up and stores invisibly under our rehab reformer. It was definitely a good purchase. There are some shiny areas where I believe it sat and the surface became compressed. I’m wondering if they’re permanent or if they’ll reverse. The function in that area doesn’t feel different so I guess it doesn’t matter. The thinner mat has the same shiny areas so I guess it’s common.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.