2011 NEW YEAR'S STS CHALLENGERS: WEEK OF 2/6!

Okay, I'm back...

Another mish mosh is in the works for today I think for me. Should be fun. :) As much as I am enjoying this recovery week and I am actully looking forward to getting back to STS on Wednesday! :D

Kristin:: First time doing Intensity I take it? How did you fair in the storm y'day? We pretty much got rain. It was a nasty dreary rainy foggy wet cold day. Bleh. Very depressing. The closest Dick's I have is 30 mins from me so I rarely go there. The place is ginormous though! They have a rock climbing wall in the store! I have Sports Authority and Modell's close by though. Always fun to browse in those stores. ;) LOL about my abbreviations. I guess you don't know what BFBM is? Burn Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian. :) I give you major props for teaching. It's something I couldn't hack. I would have a nervous break down I think. :eek: From the mom of a future 7th grader...many thanks to you for bustin' your azz so that my kid might have a brighter future! :):)

Julie:: You mentioned hopefully adding some yoga to your recovery week. I didn't do that but I should have. Oh well. Enjoy it if you do!

Sherry:: How was the trip? From what I've seen on FB seems like you and your DD had a really good time! :)

Anyone hear from Cynthia? Haven't seen her here in a good week probably. I hope she's ok....

Hi everyone!

Oh my, we're already on the next week and I never got caught up on personals!:eek::confused:

I have been keeping up with the workouts but the past few days have just been a little busier than normal. Yesterday I did Athletic Step for the first time--loved it! Also did weights and plates abs. Today is more cardio but not sure what yet. It's officially my rest week.:D

Wendy, yoga is something I've only recently taken up, but it does feel great! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's clueless on the abbreviations.:eek::) Believe it or not, I even own BFBM and didn't know what it stood for!:rolleyes:

Kristin, did you actually do the ENTIRE Intensity dvd? Very impressive, especially given that you're in your recovery week!:D I am also impressed that you are a teacher, especially 7th grade. As a mom of school aged kids (including a 6th grader) I have a tremendous appreciation for what your job involves.

I was wondering what happened to Cynthia also.

Well, have a good day! Hope to keep on top of check-ins this week!

Julie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. MMA Boxing is complete. Heading to my parents to watch the Superbowl. Looking forward to starting Meso 2 tomorrow!

Wendy- it wasn't my first time doing Intensity, but it was my first time doing it all the way through. i've only done the step and lo premix before. I love the workout though. thanks for the "props." It can be a challenge sometimes, but I can honestly say I love what I do.

Julie- I felt as if I had to do a tough workout because I only worked out twice last week before doing Intesity yesterday. It was a lot of fun though.

Okay, hello to everyone who follows. I'll BBT!

Kristin

Hello, everyone!!
I am gearing up to start my last week of Meso 1 tomorrow!! Rest/yoga day today. I have been doing alot of yoga and stretching to counteract the STS. Sometimes the yoga makes me a little sore; different than STS doms. But wow, I am so much more flexible than I used to be!!
Wendy: Mish moshes are so much fun!! I could spend hours coming up with different combos for various rotations. I guess I'm just a fitness rotation geek:eek:
Sherry: Hope ya had fun skiing with your daughter!
Julie: Love MMA Boxing! I do the heavy bag bonus too, but with no bag and lite hand weights!
Kristin: I am ready to do the whole Intensity next time. What size step do you use?
-I hope everyone else is doing alright!! Can't wait 'till Spring!!!!!
Take care, Nancy J,~~

TOday I will be starting Meso 2, disc 13!!!!! What I am most excited about is the fact that there are no push ups, lol :D.

Nancy, for Intensity I do 6 inches, for low impact dvds, like LIC or Low Max, I use 8 inches. vi have the standard size step too.

Good Morning.

This morning's w/o was a bit of a mish mosh...

RS warm up
IMAX intervals 1-5
MIC final step combo before she puts it all together. It was supposed to be the blasts at the end but it didn't work out that way. Oh well.

Kristin:: Did you say NO PUSH UPS!? OMG, I can't wait to get to meso 2 now! LOL

Julie:: There was a time when I did yoga regularly for a while. Felt great but after I fell out of it I just haven't been able to get back into it. Right now while doing STS I really don't know where I would find the time for it...I suppose I could try replacing one of my short weekend cardios with a short yoga session instead and see how it works out. Something to consider.

Nancy:: I love to mish mosh! Keeps boredom at bay for sure!!!!:D

Today was Disc 4. I have been doing the extended stretch after every strength training workout. It feels like dessert!

Tomorrow, I'm doing Step Moves (one of my favorites) and No-Equipment Abs.

Congratulations on those of you in your recovery week!

There are so many push-ups in this mesocycle. I agree. Meso 2 will be so nice with no push-ups.

Have a good day everyone!

Just spotted the fact that the INTENSITY download is on sale this week! Haven't made anymore DL purchases. Been waiting for the ones I want to go on sale and I couldn't ask for a better one! Can't wait to get home and buy it tonight! :D

JonStephMom:: Good for you giving yourself the gift of the extended stretch. I am going to try to fit in a little yoga every weekend or if not, the extended stretch could work too.

Hi ladies!

Had a great time skiing with the girls this weekend. DD had a blast and can't wait to go again. Bonus for me - the knees don't hurt! The strength training and running are paying off!

Ready to start Meso 2 and chest work with weights! Also trying to watch me eating. Noticing I'm physically stronger but no visible changes yet.

Wendy - how much time do you spend putting together your mish moshes? Tht's something I have't tried yet.

Julie - yoga is great, but let me know when you figure out how to squeeze it in!

Nancy - you're in the home stretch of Meso 1 - keep up the good work!

Kristin- I very much admire those who have the patience to tolerate middle schoolers all day long. Oh, the constant drama! Thank you for the job you do!

LaDonna - I always feel great after the extended stretch, but don't always find the time to do it. Kudos to you!

BBL to report my wo. Enjoy your day!

Sherry:: Glad you had fun skiing w/o knee pain! I love to mish mosh so I could spend just a few mins if something "clicks" right away or spend days ahead of time trying to figure out the perfect plan! ;) This morning's mosh was totally unplanned. It was a fly by the seat of my pants kinda deal! LOL

Hi Ladies,

This is my recovery week.:D This morning I did MMA Fusion for the first time and loved it! I regret waiting so long to try that one and MMA Kickboxing. I do not miss the weights at all this week. If anything, I'm a little scared of Meso 3! Do any of you know what I need in terms of the legs? I don't own a squat rack and was wondering if I should quickly order a vest??:confused:

Sherry, I've never been skiing but hope to one day! Yay for pain free knees!:D I am going to really focus on the eating for Meso 3. I have mainly done yoga on my rest days and/or during the recovery week. Wish I COULD fit it in more.

Wendy, I would so love to download Intensity but I can't get the workout manager to work on our Mac.:mad::confused: I hate to get the download version and miss out on all those premixes. Nothing gets in the way of my cardio, so I mainly do yoga on rest days or during the recovery week (which isn't much!).

LaDonna, I do the extended stretch too; it's addicting! I don't own Step Moves. Is that one of Cathe's originals? You will be through those push ups in Meso 1 in no time!;)

Kristin, yay for Meso 2! How did you like it?

Hope I didn't miss anyone.:)

Julie

D13 done! Loved this workout, especially the weight work for chest!

Wendy - Don't think I have your patience to use Workout Manager. Kind of like I don't do digital scrapbooking either. need my time away from the computer.

Julie - I love the MMA's - all 3 of them! Enjoy your rest week!

See you all tomorrow!

Disc 13 completed. My arms and chest were shaking at the end, boy. I loved that there were no push ups. My pecs were burnt though, let me tell you. I could not do the barbell presses on the incline, so I did 20 # with 2 # weighted gloves (my BB weight was supposed to be 46 # so that was as close as I could get). this was the easiest of the workouts for Meso 2? Oh boy!

Sherry- Do you have DOMs today? My arms are crying, lol.

Julie- I love the MMAs. I had Fusion and Kickbox for awhile. Just bought boxing a month ago or so and I love it! For Meso 3 are you doing the squat rack option or plyo legs? If you are doing squat rack, then I think you definitely need the weighted vest.

Wendy- great workout mish mosh! Yep, no push ups, but your chest will be crying, trust me!

Nancy- I only did the extended stretch once because I had the time, and I loved itisc 14 is 48 min long, maybe I'll go for it on Wednesday.

BBL,
Kristin

Good Morning.

Today was supposed to be a rest day but I didn't want to wait to get a jump on STS so I did Disc 7 and 6 Min Abs. Felt great to get back to heavy lifting again...in an evil sadistic sorta way! ;):p

Sherry:: Oh I have only a couple of downloads so my recent mishmoshes are still manual...switching divds by hand. ;)

Kristin:: Oh I have no doubt she works chest hard in meso even w/o push ups but man o' man! I am not sure it could get any tougher then it did for me this morning! My chest was FLAMING! :eek:

Julie:: I wonder why the WB won't work on your Mac? Did you ask SNM for help? I am afraid of Meso 3 too. Time will tell if I chicken out of it or not. You should probably buy a weighted vest if you don't have a squat rack...this is what I hear anyway.

Late post to say I squeezed in HiiT Double Wave Pyramid earlier this evening inbetween running with the kids. Pecs not too sore from last night. As hard as I worked triceps, surprised they don't have any DOMS.

Wendy - Way to jump right in today!

Hope everyone else is getting in their workouts.

Good night and see you tomorrow.

Good Morning.

Way to squeeze in a work out, Sherry!:D

Rest day for me today but I'll be back in the game tmrw with some lower body work and cardio!

See ya then! ;)

Today, I did Disc 5. I really felt it in the back. Just for the record, pull-ups are hard. :p

Tomorrow, I am doing MMA Boxing with the heavy bag. I love all the MMAs too.

Julie - Step Moves is one of Cathe's. It's the yellow one in the Shock Cardio series. (I'm color oriented.) Also, I do the Squat Rack legs. I use Cathe's adjustable weighted vest. I max out my barbell to what I think I can safely lift over my head and rest on my shoulders and make up the rest of the weight I need with my vest. HTH

Off to get breakfast. Have a great day everyone!

D14 Legs done! How I love to be working the legs heavy! Walking ok now, but we'll see what it's like in the a.m.

Kristin - DOMS from Monday's wo are non-existent. Big difference between weight work and push-ups ('course, if I was pressing my body weight . . .)

Wendy - Hope you enjoyed the rest day.

Ladonna - Oh, wish I had a heavy bag! That would be so fun instead of just shadow boxing.

Dinner time - chicken pot pie - wouldn't consider it clean, but it's perfect for a cold windy day.

Have a good evening and see you tomorrow!

Hey all! So, last night no workout . It will have to count as my rest day. Yesterday I had DOMs in my pecs and shoulders. Today I have MAJOR DOMs in my pecs and shoulders. I did Disc 14, legs, and during the warm up, it hurt to lift my arms to the side for the side to sides and it hurt even more to lift them up overhead. I guess that means it is working. I have never had shoulder DOMs before!!!!

Today was Disc 14, loving the tri-sets. I did the BB deadlifts with 60 #s, that is the heaviest I have ever lifted. I couldn’t believe I did it!

Sherry- my chest is still killing me from Monday. Maybe I was going to light on the push ups in Meso 1 :confused:

BB tomorrow. Not sure what cardio I will do!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.