2011 NEW YEAR'S STS CHALLENGERS: WEEK OF 1/30

Hey, everyone!
Just a quick post for now!!
Its been a while since I last checked in; I've been busy catching up on work and stuff. I have finished the first 3 weeks of meso 1. I really like these workouts. They are tough, but time flies by with the quick pace. This program is helping me get through this awful winter! The rotation keeps me motivated; otherwise I might have just gone to bed and not gotten up until spring!!:eek: But I am pressing right through!!!! Check back later,Nancy J.~~~

Hi Ladies,

I squeezed in Pilates inspired abs after my Leg workout this morning. I have loved Meso 2 so much, I kind of wish I could do it all over again.:cool:

Nancy, good to see you back.:) Great job keeping up with STS despite being busy. I look so forward to the STS days.

LaDonna, I also got Cathe's tower for Christmas.:D I think the first week I used it was week 4 of Meso 1. I have a long way to go with the pull ups/chin ups but the purchase was so worth it! Our kids just went back today after 3 snow days and 2 teacher work days.:eek:

Wendy, today was Disc 23, the next will be my last one for Meso 2!:D This cycle went so fast; it feels like I should only be on week 2 or 3. It was such a great workout! Although I have to admit at this point I'm not lovin' those paper plates!:eek::eek::p

Have a restful night!

Julie

Hi all!

I finally finished M1 with D12 today. Took me long enough to get to it! Not my favorite. Felt more like a cardio workout. Then again, I'd already been out to shovel snow - 8" here. Wanted to paint, but need to get energized first.

Wendy - CS - ooh, been awhile since I did that one. Maybe later this week . . .

LaDonna - The tower's on my wish list. In the meantime, I'm doing assisted chin-ups/pull-ups with a chair.

Nancy - Way to keep going and pushing through!

Julie - You shouldn't tell me about the push-ups - now I have the dread factor!

Be back tomorrow, when we're all back to work & school. See you at the gym then.

Good Morning.

I did the express circuit premix of cardio core circuit this morning. Tough stuff. No matter how you slice and dice that work out, it's INSANELY tough!!! :eek:

Sherry:: Yay for finishing meso 1! Congrats! Enjoy M2! Shovelmax, work out AND painting? You are my hero! :D

Julie:: Let us know how you like M3. That's the meso I am nervous about. :confused:

Nancy:: Congrats on being 3/4's of the way thru meso 1!! Only one more week to go! :)

JonStepMom:: I plan on purchasing Cathe's tower as soon as it's back in stock. I never considered it when it first came out cause I always thought it would take up too much room in my smaller w/o space but I finally actually measured and it's not too big at all! I am thrilled! Can't wait to get it! :D I just hope it's as ez to set up/breakdown/store as they claim it is. I am counting on that or I won't really be able to use it. :(

Hi all! I am sorry I have been MIA lately. Grades were due today, plus I have not been feeling well. I have only done one workout this week. Thank God it was a rest week ;). Tonight I will do intensity plus an work.

BBL for personals!

Kristin

Hi all!

Woke up this morning thinking legs not too bad. After sitting all morning, by lunch the glutes were telling me about it. Now been sitting all afternoon, and the hamstrings and inner things are telling me a story. Yesterday's legs were more than just cardio! Needing kickboxing workout tonight!

Wendy - Didn't get the painting done alst night. Just too wiped out. And not sure I'm up for CCC tonight. At least there's no ShovelMax!

Hope everyone else is getting in their workouts!

Well workout is done. I ended up doing IMAX 2 and the ab work from Cardio and Weights. I am beat.

Sherry- yea! You are done with Meso 1! What are you doing for your rest week? Mine is almost over!

Wendy- CCC is a bad A$$ workout, lol. I have to really work myself up mentally to do it.

Julie- everyone seems to love Meso 2 the best from what I have read. I cannot wait to give it a try on Monday.

Nancy- woohoo, one week to go ;)

BB tomorrow
Kristin

Was able to get in StretchMax - that's about what I had the energy for once I got some time for me. Legs are feeling better now.

Kristin - Since I'm off schedule, my rest week is a mix of last week and this week. Actually, heading out to go skiing this weekend. Not sure how that fits into a rest week, but at least there's plenty of snow.

Hope you all had a good day. See you tomorrow!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning.

I did Core Cardio and Balance from Insanity this morning. It was a perfect choice for my active recovery week. :) Especially after doing CCC y'day! :eek: LOL

Kristin:: Imax2 is such a fun one! It was originally on the agenda for this week but I changed things around. I'll have to do it next week instead I think. Must be a relief when grades are finally done, huh? What grade level do you teach and what subject (if you you don't mind my asking)?

Sherry:: Good job getting in SM! Hope the legs didn't tighten back up too much over night!

I'll be back...:cool:

I did Disc 3 today. I was so sweaty by the end. Tomorrow is HIIT 30/30 & Pilates-inspired abs.

FitMommy - I have a small workout space too. It is real easy to break the tower down to store. That's what I have to do.

Back to work!

JonStepMom:: Love the M1 leg work outs! They definitely make ya sweat! ;) Thanks for the info re the tower. Glad to hear it. Getting antsy to order it! I hope it comes back in stock SOON! :D

Hi everyone!

My legs are feeling much better today. Been sitting all morning (again) and they aren't nearly as stiff as yesterday. Last night's stretch did a world of good. No wo today. As soon as I get home, DD and I are heading out with the Girl Scouts for a ski weekend. This is her 1st time, so she's prettty excited. I'm not really a skier either, so this should be interesting.

Wendy - Insanity on my wish list, too (is getting to be a very long list).

LaDonna - The M1 legs wo's do get the heart rate up, more like cardio at times.

Be back Monday, ready to start Meso 2! Have a great weekend!

Sherry:: Hope you and DD have fun this weekend!:D I went skiing once in my life. It was a couple years ago. I took a lesson and spent a couple hours on the bunny slope. I stayed on my feet almost the entire time. The only time I fell was when I made myself fall because I didn't think I was going to be able to stop before I crashed into something/someone. :eek: I was dripping w/sweat, exhausted and sore after only a couple hours on the bunny slope. It was cool though and I wish we would have gone back but we never did so if I ever try again I'll have to start from scratch. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

I haven't even read your posts (sorry) just didn't want to go two days without checking in. I'll have to catch up tomorrow. Exhausting last two days and I'm headed to bed.

Workout this morning was 28 minutes of intervals on the elliptical followed by Disc 24 of Meso 2! I'm so looking forward to focusing on cardio and abs (and hopefully some yoga) in the coming week.:D

Have a good night!

Julie

Good morning ladies! So yesterday I did nada. . . no workout. I was so exhausted by the end of the day. I think I am giving new meaning to REST WEEK, lol. I plan on doing Intensity today though. I have only done the step and lo premix, but today I will try to get through the whole workout, ;).

We are going to get hit with another icky storm today, snow, sleet and rain. Quite depressing. I am cooped up in this tiny house with my two boys and I love them to death, but I think they have cabin fever!
Tomorrow I am going to Dick's sporting goods to get more plates. I refuse to buy more DB, but my 70 and 80 % 1RM for squats and other leg work is over 30 #, which is the highest I have. So I have two short BB "sticks" as I call them to make adjustable DBs, but the plates are thick and so awkward to hold. I am going to buy thin plates and buy enough to go from 35 to 40#. LOL. Who knew when I started working out with Cathe in 2008 that I would be buying plates to do heavy squats like this, lol? I love it!

Julie- flying through STS, huh? So with Meso 2 behind you, what kind of results are you seeing? What do we have to look forward to?

Sherry- DH and I have never skied in our lives, but we want to try snowboarding one day. If we can muster up the courage, lol.

Wendy- I am always relieved when all the grades are done. I teach 7th grade English. I am happy that the grades were due during my rest week, I don't think I could have kept my energy up for STS. It is draining with all the calculating and computing. I hate sitting for hours like that!

JonStepMom- I also have a small workout space. For some workouts, like LIC when we do the backwards V step, I bang into my couch sometimes, lol. I also have low ceilings, so if I jump too high my hands hit the ceiling, lol. It doesn't help that I am 5'9".

Okay ladies, I will BBL, pinky-promise!

Kristin

Hello Ladies.

Today's work out was a bit of a mish mosh. :D

BFBM thru circuit #3
Tonique Mat back lying ex's thru bicycles
Abs and Push Ups thru reverse core push ups :eek:
BFBM circuit #5
Cool down/ stretch

Totalled about 70 minutes and hit a leetle bit of everything!;)

BBL~:cool:

Intensity completed, in full! I am still alive, yea! ;) I also did Med Ball abs. Cannot wait to start lifting again. Who are we all rooting for in the Superbowl?

Wendy- interesting workout. I admit, I don't know all the abbreviations :eek:.

Okay, bbl,
Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.