2 1/2 lb. Barbell Plates

XenaFan

Cathlete
Hello,

I just purchased the 55 lb. Aerobic Weight set. I would like to purchase 2 1/2 lb. plates to complete my set. Could someone please recommend were I can purchase 2 of them?

Thanks for everything!!

Hello,

I just purchased the 55 lb. Aerobic Weight set. I would like to purchase 2 1/2 lb. plates to complete my set. Could someone please recommend were I can purchase 2 of them?

Thanks for everything!!

Depending on the diameter of your bar, larger holed plate weights (at least in my area) seem to be harder to find, but you should be able to get them at any sporting goods store: Sports Authority, Sports Chalet, Dicks Sporting Goods, even Walmart has a selection (depending on whether or not they keep them in stock)...

I think I paid $3/each for mine at WalMart...

good luck!

What manufacture is your barbell? I purchased a Troy Lite online and chose the 2 1/2 lb. plates from fitness1st.com, but I'm not sure if these will work on a non-Troy bar.

What manufacture is your barbell? I purchased a Troy Lite online and chose the 2 1/2 lb. plates from fitness1st.com, but I'm not sure if these will work on a non-Troy bar.
They will work on any 1" diameter bar (Olympic bars are 2"). I didn't think the Troy 2 1/2# plates were still available (I also picked up some of these when I ordered my first Troy set, but that was a few years ago).

I got mine at dick's sporting goods, I've seen them at walmart, target, and sports authority too. My regular plates are all a vinyl, except the 2.5s are iron (or whatever normal plates are made out of), and it's fine. I think all plates are either 1 inch or 2 inch, I'm not sure plates this small even come in 2 inch.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.