12 Weekers....keep on truckin....Thursday Jan-24

Hi ladies - why are we all SO BUSY?!!! Ugh! I'm trying to set up my fundraiser for my little girls (drill team) and get their first routine hard copied for them and coordinate the finishing touches on their uniform orders. And now DS is sick -- poor little guy. He just wants to sit and cuddle-- guess it's really a prioroty thing huh?

Realy quick - I was up at 4:15 and got in HSC and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I've been doing the TM for my extra cardio boost since DH is also getting up at 5:00 and hopping on the elliptical. I've encouraged him to mix it up a bit but he won't - guess I should be ecstatic (and I am)that he crawls out of bed to exercise at all huh? But last night I asked him if he came down to the basement and I was on the elliptical, would he do the TM. He said no. Now that would really stink to crawl out of bed and not w/o at all - I'd be mad. So this a.m. he started a bit earlier and I did HSC first. When he was done I used the elliptical - wow what a change! Felt really nice. Need to do some S&H when DS falls asleep. Hang in there crew. We'll make it through our challenges! BBL for personals I hope!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

GOOD MORNING 12 Weekers!

Last night I did 4DS Bootcamp/Bis & Tris plus abs from MM. I've stayed OP so far this week. Feeling good! Hoping to see another drop when I weigh-in on Monday. Tonight will be a 6 mile tempo run followed by 4DS Chest & Back. Tomorrow is my DOR which I'm really looking forward to!

It's COLD here. It was -20F when I woke up but it's up to -10F now. YIKES!

Amelia - looks like a good purchase!! Gym Styles are my favorite weight workouts (aside from MM).

Kath - your workout today looks excellent!

Lori - are you doing ALL of BM2 plus 2 sections of UB? You go girl!

Andrea - Shake off that pizza and keep on truckin'!

Gayle - thank you for the recipes! I'm actually starting to cook (my fiance has done all the cooking for years...now I'm getting into it!) so I'm always looking for new healthy recipes. As for the eating...yes, it is in your head. LOL I've had to tell myself that many, many times. You are our leader so please come and vent whenever you need to!! If you start to nibble this afternoon, come and tell us and we'll help!

Marcia - I have a couple of clean recipes at home that I make ahead and freeze. I will post them tonight.

Nancy - can you post your recipe for White Chili?

Roxie - are you doing Shimmy from FitTv? I've watched it a couple of times while running and it looked interesting...

Lorrie - I LOVE HSC!! I cannot wait to do it again!

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Will CBL!

Hey there everyone. I've been in a serious FUNK this week. Still having problems w/ food AND exercise. Have been doing the soul-searching thing too (am I channeling Gayle or WHAT???). I'm feeling better today (odd considering the weather is gray and chilly, but I'll take it!).

I think it's a matter of controlling what I can and letting go that what I CAN'T control. AND, I decided to follow a WL food plan from Spark People for a couple weeks to help me get a handle on the eating. They do let you do a few tweaks to accomodate things that are in the house so it should work pretty well.

Now EXERCISE...what to do about that. Need to just get back in the swing of things. I'm having trouble deciding WHAT to do so I'm tending toward NOT MUCH. Not sure if I should buy some new Cathe or stick w/ iClimb & Cathe weights for a bit. Will try to work thru that issue next.

Sorry to be short, but I've got a TON of work to do. May be back later, we'll see. Have a great day!

Hey gang:

Lori - I'm actually neither one. I teach step aerobics for our community education department at school. I teach step class three times a week and a walking interval class once a week. I'm looking into a personal trainer/group fitness instructor certification, but not sure which one to go for. There are so many different certs out there.

Amelia - I am teaching two classes that night so I won't have too much time to celebrate. But, I will be burning off any birthday cake I happen to get. ;-)

Kelly - Thanks. I look forward to some new recipes to freeze. Makes things so easy when I get home from teaching a class.

I'm off in a few minutes to get my license renewed, grab a few groceries and head home for Chest/Back and ARX before making those bars for the tourney.

Take care,
Marcia.

O.K I am offically pooped! I am going to copy this to all my checkins but hoping to be back later for personnals. DH just phoned and he needs me to pick him up so I have to dry my hair, change and put a little make up on this face! I can't go out in public like this! LOL

Soooo...todays workout was...4DS Shou,Bic,Tri,BM2,a 2 mile run (1st mile with speed, 2nd one at 6 miles an hour hills all the way)and then BM2 UB. During the shoulder work and Bic work my 15 lbs db's felt like they were 30's! I had a little bit of a headache before I started and I still have it! Im hoping that water will cure it!

BBL!
Lori:)

Just a quick check-in as today has been crazy busy. My workout was slow and heave chest and back!

Meals will include a protein shake, some turkey and cauliflower and chicken breast with broccoli cheese soup!

Hey girls,no way I can do personals right now but I wanted to pop in and list my meals for the day!

todays meals
#1-1/2 c egg beaters,sprinkle of RF cheese,one protein pancake
#2-1/2 low carb tortilla with 2tbs NPB
#3-1c southwestern chicken soup
#4-string cheese and a small orange
#5-lite speghetti(nsa ragu,WW noodles,grounded turkey mushrooms )
#6-not sure yet?

Question: the pkg of speghetti noodle say a serving is 1-7th of the pkg...how would you girls measure that out! like a cup or something?
Also,ya think it would be too many carbs to eat one pc of whole wheat toast with the meal?

Have a great night everybody..tommorrows Friday YAY! bbl

Quickie check in here, too.

I am in love with 4DS! I did LIS today along with the weight work and I am feeling it. :) :) Love those DOMS! I did CleanMax this AM and GameCube Max with DS this afternoon. Too tired to cook so were are having lasagna. I will have a small portion. Breakfast was cottage cheese, clementine, and a slice of whole wheat toast, midmorning snack was yogurt, lunch: black bean veggie burger with cheese and salsa (no bun), and I had a protein shake after I worked out. OH! I failed to mention the two oreos I had after the boys came home from preschool. :9

Tomorrow is my yoga/stretch day and I think I may actually venture out of my house and go to the gym. There is an 8:30 am yoga class and I can take the kids.

Have a great evening, all!

Here are a couple of recipes that I like to make. I usually put 2-3 servings in the fridge and freeze the rest in individual servings.

Spicy Black Bean Soup

The key to thickening this soup without flour? Pureeing some of the beans before cooking it. You'll love the stick-to-your-ribs texture that results.

Ingredients
1 sprays cooking spray
1 medium onion(s), finely chopped
4 medium garlic clove(s), minced
45 oz canned black beans, undrained, divided (three 15 oz cans) **NOTE I drain all of the black beans.**
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
1 tsp ground cumin
14 1/2 oz fat-free chicken broth, or vegetable broth
10 oz canned tomatoes with green chilies, such as Rotel Tomatoes
11 oz canned yellow corn, drained
Instructions
Coat bottom of a large stockpot with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.

Place one can of beans in blender; add sautéed onion mixture, red pepper flakes and cumin. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture back into stockpot.

Place second can of beans and broth in blender and puree until smooth; add to stockpot.

Stir third can of beans (do not puree first), tomatoes and green chilies, and corn into stockpot. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of soup per serving. (about 5 servings - 5 points each for those of you on WW)

**I'm not sure where I got this but I think it was posted on a WW board**

Chicken & Vegetable Chili

1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 lbs chicken breast cut in 1 inch cubes
3 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 cups fat free chicken broth
1.5 tsp salt
1 can butter beans
10 oz frozen sweet corn
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans

1. Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and chicken; cook 5 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring one minute. Add broth and salt. Cover, simmer 15 minutes.

2. Add all beans and corn to pot. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Approx 7 servings; 6 points each.

**This one came out of a magazine forever ago.***

I decided to do a quick check in when I read your post. I LOVE 4DS also! I sometimes think I'm obsessed!

Well I finished timesaver blast #3 it was a little easier than the first 2. Yes Kelly the Shimmy is the one on FITTV, my DH bought it for me. It was fun but its going to take alot of practice. Tomarrow I am going to try a get up early to workout #4 is on tap, looks like kickboxing is on tap I like doing that.

sjm - Isn't 4DS the best?!?!? I was afraid to try it because I thought it would be too advanced for me, but I just practice the step combos beforehand and go lighter on the weights. Have you done any of the premixes? I was looking at all of them and I don't think I'll need to buy anymore DVD's for a while. There is so much to choose from!:D

Becca honestly my favorite premixes are the cardios doubled up! I have planes on doing those circuits........... I need to get busy on those premixes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.