*** 12 week Challenge Jan 15th***

Gayle, I'm totally flummoxed by the scale. My eating hasn't been great, but it hasn't been THAT bad either. Water - pretty good. Whatever. I'll get thru it - just viewing this week as an aberration @ the moment...

Marcia -

I'm up between 4:30 and 4:45 and working out between 5:00 & 5:15 MOST days. Sometimes I get hungup doing laundry or other things and then have to cut my workout short. The hardest part is getting ready. Once I'm dressed, have the contacts in, my HRM on and my water and a small bite to eat, I'm ready to workout.

Sue

Andrea: I'd toss the scale out the window :) At least for now.

Focus on how well you are doing with your goals (working out--eating clean etc) We all and trust me ALL have times when the scale is our worse enemy.

We are all here for ya girl!

Back for a quick check-in. Got in BBC chest. Marcia - I'm up at about 4:10 or so and usually start my w/o by 4:30.

Andrea - what kinds of workouts are you doing right now? (Guess I could go back and look). I'm also a bit frustrated with the scale's lack of movement in the right direction. I said that I'm not really good with longer rotations. I've been doing BBC for 2 and a half weeks now and I'm thinking I might shelve them for a bit and pull out some circuits for a few weeks. That usually kicks my body into the loss mode. So I think tomorrow a.m I'll pull out an oldie but goodie HSTA - LOVE this one.

Karin - I LOVE drinking a cup of my warm tea before bed - though it's usually once I get the kids down for bed. SOOOOO relaxing. As I told my T-12 buddies before my favorite feeling is to go to bed with grumbellies! HA!

Gayle - you are so good at getting those workouts in. When I don't get up early and try to get in my w/o later on it's hard for me to focus - so weird.

Ok - off to snow blow the driveway before the monsters get home. Keep at it ladies!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hello!

Celebration time--phase 1 of SBD is over!! Woo hoo :) I can add my fruit and limited whole grains back in. My plan is to be careful about what fruits and grains I add back in, cause my sweet tooth will come roaring back if I'm not on guard. My cravings are under control and I'm making much better choices, thank goodness!

Kath--yes, my DH and I are doing a challenge with each other to keep us motivated. He's very much a beginner, so I'm just thrilled to see him exercising at all! Some visible abs wouldn't be lost on me either....}( My goals are to get my eating back under control becuase I've put on 20 lbs over the past year. I'm 5ft. 4in., so I jumped up 2-3 sizes in clothing. Not cool. I don't care what my weight actually is as long as I can get back into my clothes...that's the ultimate goal!

Thanks for everyone's encouraging words yeseterday!

Have a great day :)

Kelly S. (so as not to get confused with the other wonderfully named Kelly :p )

Good Afternoon!

Today I did Step Blast. I weighed in today afer 1 week and lost .2 lbs. That's not 2, it's .2! I could have guessed. I have done everything right, it's just not budging. I will trudge on!

Marcia--My alarm is set for 4:55am and I like to workout by 5:15 or 5:30.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words yesterday. I AM 48, but I have never lost weight easily. It's 5-7 lbs, that I want to get off and I know that it is the hardest. My diet was already probably 80% clean before and I was already exercising, so no big changes.

Take care!
Gin:)

Add me to the list of people looking forward to DOMS!! I love that feeling (as long as I can still move) of knowing that I really worked out.

Just finished 4DS HIS and am writing my weights down for the first time. I know I could lift heavier and be more consistent but I tend to just grab whatever's closest.

Weight is holding steady at 129 which is 1 pound less than when I started but I'd like to see a little more movement.

Working on the diet journal is going to be an eye opener I know!

I slept in till 5am this morning which was too late for my workout so that is planned at 7:30 tonite after I drop DD off at dance class.

I wish Cathe had a WOWY feature like beachbody...so we could all log in and see our 12 weekers working out in the am or Pm.

Cardio Party for me tonight....I need some TJ.

Yes, DOMS is one of my favorite things. Especially legs and butt, juste feels like I'm actually doing something back there. Ha. Karin, I like Supersets too. I use it when I am time-crunched and there are some neat exercises in there that she doesn't do in other workouts.
I am down a pound this week! I'm pleased but I also know that my eating has been a little sloppy the last 3 or 4 days. So my goal this week is get back to business. Gayle = yes, get that workout in girl, no matter what! It just doesn't feel like a day to me unless I'm spent some time working out. It's worth whatever juggling I have to do.
I'm on the opposite schedule of most of you. I work nights, so I am getting home between 8 and 9 am and then sleep until 3:30. Which is not bad once you're used to it. I am there all evening for my kids, which is why I am doing this.
Meredith

Good Evening Everyone,
After a bad day yesterday not seeing any wt loss on the scale I didn't do anything last nite. Today I got back on the horse. Brkfst. was cereal, grapefruit, and toast. Snack yogurt, larabar, and a banana. Lunch was lean cusine panini. Snack salad with tuna. Supper barbeque sand recipe from Light and Tasty. Will have a protein shake before bed. I did lower body sculpt, ab work, and 10min on TM. Thanks for everyones support yesterday.

Hi Everyone,
Okay so the day is coming to a close. I did Taebo Live Advanced 2 and Billy fried me, followed by CTX biceps. My bed is beckoning me (Wish I had put the flannel sheets on. They keep my feet so warm.). Great job today one and all!

Lori - Did you make it through all 8 miles of your run? I hear you on the secret wish for DOMS! It's that affirmation thing--"Oh yeah, you worked hard yesterday."

Kath - What did you decide on STS? I think it's going to be my February reward for staying with this challenge. I'm just starting to commit to weights, assuming CTX counts! Have to do the 3 payment plan to keep the DH from whining too much. (tee hee)

Lorrie - Haven't tried any of the BBC series but I've previewed them and Nadia's looks ferocious. If she doesn't give you DOMs, I don't know what would!

Amelia - Glad to have you back! I'm going to try those protein pancakes tomorrow too. They sound yummy!

Marcia - Were you able to get in some time with Chalene today? I do love Turbo Jam and actually own all of them. Have you tried the ball ones? Those and the cardio parties are my faves?

Gayle - Thanks for posting the pancake recipe and WTG on getting your workout in today! Serious commitment girl!

Nancy - S&H Legs AND L&G?? Wow, I wouldn't be able to walk after that tortuous combo!

Carolyn - I do like HSTA's cardio. Nice and simple, but plenty of intensity. Confession: I have never tried S&H legs, even though I own it. How long is the leg portion?

Sue - Hope your prayers came true (please, no sparring, please, no sparring...)

SJM - I've been wanting to try that BM2 cardio timesaver premix--I guess anything under 90+ minutes is considered a timesaver for that workout!

Andrea - Sorry the scale numbers are not to your liking (I know the feeling!) but just keep at it! You will get where you want to go. Look at Gayle's BFL journey for inspiration! Her transformation was amazing and yours will be too! BTW, my DS (10) is a cuddler at night too. So cute!

Karin - I like Supersets too and a lot of people have posted that it's underrated so I'm not surprised you felt like you got a good workout in. I like the way Cathe switches muscle groups with each exercise. Less tears that way--for me at least :)!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Whoops, posted before I was done with personals!

Kelly S.- I did SBD a couple of years ago. So much of what he recommends gets lost in the media reports. I really thought it's a good plan and great job getting through phase 1. I liked it so much I bought the cookbook too.

Gin - It's hard to stay motivated when the scale doesn't cooperate!
I'm sure you'll find a way to change things up so you see the changes you want.

Suzanne - I still haven't attempted HIS, but I keep previewing it. Geez, that 3rd combo is insane! Couldn't some of those moves been added to combos 1 or 2?!? Good job writing down your wts. I downloaded Cathe's spreadsheets last spring and it's a really easy way for me to track my progress (or lack thereof!)

Forever39 - A Cardio Party always sounds good, doesn't it! Chalene is a terrific motivator! I also wish Cathe had some of the Beachbody tools too. I'm looking forward to Workout Manager. I think that will be great!

Meredith - Good job on your progress! I'm glad you're able to get your workouts in with your schedule--that takes real commitment!

Roxie1965 - I'm glad you are still going strong with this challenge.
Be proud of yourself for doing the best thing for your health today--working out and eating right. That will always pay off in the long run!

Gotta get the kids to sleep. See you all tomorrow!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.