11,231 push ups

JMFRANE

Cathlete
Last year, someone mentioned (can't remember who) they were going to try to do 10,000 push ups in 2008. I decided to try it since I figured I could do an average of 27 a day (some days more, some days none). So, today my total is 11,231! So, thanks to whoever suggested that and I was wondering how you did?

I'm going to try to beat my total for 2009!

Joanne

Linda-I know, I really have to work on those chins. Maybe, in 2009 I will be able to do more than one. I hoping STS helps me with that :)

Joanne

Hey Joanne!

Congrats on the push ups total...you rock! I didn't know you were tracking them. My goal this year was to be able to do 50 consecutive push ups. I made it to 42, but couldn't get up to 50. So I still have 50 consecutive pushups as a goal for next year, but I'll add in the 10,000 total pushups for the year as another goal. I'll check in every so often to update on the progress.

Happy New Year!

You guys all rock. I am new to Cathe, but hopefully after working out with her awhile I will be able to maybe 5 pushups Ha.

I love that you kept track of this for a year! Awesome accomplishment!

Hey, 42 in a row is also excellent!

Lovetocamp- I remember when I had my baby last year (March 2007) after 4 months of bed rest- I couldn't even do pushups on my knees. Now I do them on my toes and love them! So it CAN be done!

That's funny - I'm trying to get rid of my extra chins!

:D This reminds me of a quote from the movie "The Women" (the original and BEST one with Norma Shearer and Joan Crawford). One woman says to the other:
"Keep your chin up.......both of them!" :D It's a terrifically witty and catty movie!

Joanne and Sherry, that's awesome! I've made it up to 25 on-my-toes pushups, and my goal is 50 also.

I have a question.....is it OK to do pushups every day? And, what kind of improvements did you notice after all those pushups?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.