10 Things about you that we Catheites may or may not know...

RE: 10 Things about you that we Catheites may or may no...

Hi there,

This sounds fun. I haven't been over to the boards lately, but I'll add my 2 cents.... I've enjoyed reading these.

1. I'll have my MSA in human resource management by August,but I really want to own my own business.
2. I'm 34 and improving with age..
3. Married for 5 years to my best friend.
4. Not interested in having kids, although other peoples kids are fun and you get to give them back... =)
5. I love my mini schnauzer and treat her accordingly. Very spoiled.
6. I'm a ESTP. :+
7. I'm addicted to business and self improvement audio books.
8. I'm a Master Gardener and I love to Garden... I love to grow things I can eat.
9. I like to watch QVC, FIT TV, FOOD TV, AND HGTV.
10. I love the feeling I get when exercising. I need to do more of it and less purchasing. Buying is half the fun. :p

Theresa

What an amazing thread! I would love to reply, saying, "so do I" and "you're kidding, and "that's amazing" and "I wish I had done that". I kow I can't so here's my answer to that. I want to say, you are so cool, this is cool. We can be so alike, so different. I want to jump in and steal your responses, the ones that are like me that I missed, the ones different from me I'd love to be or do. I know I have been a little too engrossed in the forums lately, but the same is true of my life in general. My husband rolls his eyes in that way that makes me know he hates it when I subscribe to half a dozen topics and read and respond enthusiastically. But it's great to feel that enthusiasm. I seem forever on the verge of disconnect and if wanting to hang with you signals me that I've returned, it is good. So, I say, "I'll be there in a minute, there are 10 more things" I need to know about all of you. I'll never keep it all straight. I will never convince my husband how awesome it is to find a place like this, a place where thinking fitness, nutrition, exercise and all tht jazz are just plain fascinating is quite normal. I'll never undrstand his remote controlled airplane thing so, he and I, were even. You guys are great and I thank you for the opportunity to share and to learn. Hey, chick's rule, but Catheites are the best!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Fun:

1. I adore Bon Jovi
2. Been married 10 years
3. Will be 38 in May
4. Am 15 weeks pregnant with my first child
5. Love playing darts and was on a league for 3 years
6. Am a registered nurse and went back to school for my BSN, i will have by May
7. I love to read true crime
8. My dream home would be in Arizona
9. Cathe is my fave instructor
10. My fave dog breeds are the Rottweiler and the American Bulldog

Bobbi,
Let me talk to him. Jewish New Yorker to Jewish New Yorker. I'll explain a thing or two to him. Even better, I'll have my DH talk to him. He loves that I participate on these boards and thinks that it's really good for me because with my job I don't have much time to get out and socialize. Sometimes I'll ask him something and he'll say "maybe the women on the Cathe boards might have some good ideas for you". I don't think he's trying to get rid of me, it's just that he knows he can't be my girlfriend, and that I need other women in my life!:D

-Nancy

debsrand-
I love the term "recovering lawyer". LOL!

This is the coolest topic ever! I love learning so much about everyone!

Here's me:

1. I'm a 38 year-old single mom.
2. I've lived in Illinois all my life except for the 4 years I went to college in Indiana.
3. I've been divorced twice.
4. I have 2 of the most amazing daughters in the world.
5. I met my awesome boyfriend on Yahoo personals almost a year ago. He lives 1 1/2 hours away in Wisconsin and we still see each other at least 2x/week.
6. I biked 188 miles in 3 days to raise money for the American Lung Association.
7. I was hospitalized a lot when I was younger with recurring pneumonia and bronchitis. As a result of all the antibiotics, I lost my sense of smell.
8. I absolutely ADORE Julia Roberts and I'm convinced that if we met we would be best friends.
9. I am currently taking an on-line class on web design.
10. I have an irrational fear of freight trains.

Angie

You're on, Nancy. I don't know why it annoys him so because it lets him off the hook. He doesn't have to listen to my ideas on diet and exercise except to ask him when he's coming onbaord. I do that daily. When I have an outlet for it. So, I don't have to see his eyes glaze over that way they do. I limit the Cathe.com stories I share with him too, hard though that is. ;) My 14 year old let's me share with HER. :) She's such a wonderful child!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

This is a GREAT idea!

1. I am 46. Born & raised in Chicago inner city. At 17 wanted an adventure moved to Diamond Springs, CA with relatives then to Portland, Or. I now live in Boring, Oregon!

2. Married to my beloved husband Steve, he is a owner of a small computer business. 3 boys ages 21, 19 (spina bifida),& 16. Two black Labradors, nothing loves like a Lab!

3.Swam in the Olympic trials. Won my spot on the team except in the last flip turn crossed the ropes and was disqualified.

4. Danced ballet for 18 years, as well as martial arts, gymnastics & running.

5. Worked in Real Estate 5 years. Now 12 years in cosmetics. It is hard not to shop when you work at Nordstroms!

6. We own 1 acre in Boring, Oregon. Our dream is to own acreage & have horses.

7.I have a faith in God since age 17. He truly is the most kindest & loving person I have ever met in my life !

8. DH & I both own and ride motorcycles, hunt deer, & love to go to movies.

9. Love, love, love Cathe!!! and working out. Really want to run the Hood to Coast race. From the top of Mount Hood to the Oregon coast. It's a dream of mine.

10. To relax I enjoy reading & attempting to turn an acre into a perfect perennial paradise.

This is a GREAT idea!

1. I am 46. Born & raised in Chicago inner city. At 17 wanted an adventure moved to Diamond Springs, CA with relatives then to Portland, Or. I now live in Boring, Oregon!

2. Married to my beloved husband Steve, he is a owner of a small computer business. 3 boys ages 21, 19 (spina bifida),& 16. Two black Labradors, nothing loves like a Lab!

3.Swam in the Olympic trials. Won my spot on the team except in the last flip turn crossed the ropes and was disqualified.

4. Danced ballet for 18 years, as well as martial arts, gymnastics & running.

5. Worked in Real Estate 5 years. Now 12 years in cosmetics. It is hard not to shop when you work at Nordstroms!

6. We own 1 acre in Boring, Oregon. Our dream is to own acreage & have horses.

7.I have a faith in God since age 17. He truly is the most kindest & loving person I have ever met in my life !

8. DH & I both own and ride motorcycles, hunt deer, & love to go to movies.

9. Love, love, love Cathe!!! and working out. Really want to run the Hood to Coast race. From the top of Mount Hood to the Oregon coast. It's a dream of mine.

10. To relax I enjoy reading & attempting to turn an acre into a perfect perennial paradise.

See Ya!
Laura F.

Ha ha!!!! :) Thanks for thinking about it! Let me know what you think if you decide to go for it! :)

Lisa

RE: Lisa!

That is so funny! We are the exact opposite with a few thrillers sprinkled in here and there! :)

My hubby doesn't think the sundress passion is so cute... he's had to fix my closet rod a couple of times! LOL

Lisa

1. Spiders creep me out, but snakes are fascinating!
2. I am a Republican
3. I am not afraid of heights
4. I don't know how to swim, but I try
5. Prince is sexy, but Nirvana sounds better
6. When I was baptized at 7 I pulled the pastor down in the water with me
7. I love to go barefoot
8. I can't sit still for long
9. I love to dance
10. I bite my nails

Charlotte~~

1. I love my husband of 19 years and our two kids the most in the world
2. I love our five pets -- I want more
3. I ran 15 marathons
4. I was a bar singer for one night
5. I raced in a car rally race once
6. I danced at a midnight rock n' roll party under The Tour Eiffel in 1983
7. I have my skin care business for 14 years now
8. My Mom has NPD
9. I have OCD
10. I'm a very moderate conservative - like Arnold

Mari

Hi Laura - I'm your neighbor! I live 5 minutes from Boring (in Clackamas) and I spent the last 10 years in Chicago. What a coincidence!
Melissa

Interesting. I'm game....

1. My favorite color is green and my most-hated color is blue.

2. I MUST be at least 5 minutes early to everything I do.

3. My late DH, who passed away this past Sept at the age of 32, was my very first kiss in the 2nd grade.

4. I feel VERY guilty every morning and drive to work in tears because I can't stand leaving my children at home without me.

5. I LOVE sore muscles. DOMS! YES!

6. I love math and find myself looking for patterns in everyday events, items, etc.

7. I hate wearing socks and will only wear them when I have to.

8. I want at least 2 more children before I'm too old. (I'm 33 now)

9. My favorite actors are Walter Matthau, Clint Eastwood, and Sean Connory.

10. I was born and raised (and now live) in Nazareth PA...home of Mario and Michael Andretti (my dad was friends with Mario and actually raced WITH him in the 'early years').

Gayle

What a fun idea!

1. I have always lived in Nebraska
2. I can't decide if I want to have babies.
3. U2 & Dave Matthews Band are my absolute favorite groups
4. I work in insurance
5. I used to weigh over 224 pounds.
6. I love asparagus.
7. My favorite sport for spectating is Nebraska football(go Huskers)
8. I have never taken a class at a gym.
9. I don't know how to swim.
10. I dated my husband 6 years before we got married.

Melissa,

Howdy Neighbor!!! Stop in Nordstroms at Clackamas Towncenter, Clarins counter and say Hi!!! I work Tues-Sat. Except this week won't be there til Friday. We have training.

Laura

This is great!

1. I am 38 years old, soon to be 39...YIKES!
2. Been married for 10 years.
3. Have lived in the "Home of the Masters" Golf Tournament for 29 years (LOVE the "out of towners", HATE the traffic, guess I gotta get ready though it's in a couple of weeks x( )
4. Have 2 dogs a Mutt named after a hockey player, and a Chow named after a baseball player, no kids, also by choice
5. Love to watch all sports, especially golf, baseball and hockey
6. Have been working in the legal profession for almost 10 years and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job!
7. My favorite vacation spot is anywhere there is a beach and it is blistering hot!
8. My favorite day of the year is daylight savings time...spring forward, not fall back
9. My best friend is my Mom, even though I am married...
10. Every day I can't wait to leave work, go home and workout with Cathe!

1.) I am terrified of sharks, esp Great whites.
2.) I used to be 220 lbs
3.) I met my husband on [email protected], which is now Match.com
4.) My twin sons Calvin and Spencer were born at 28 weeks gestation, 12 years ago
5.) I am a labor and delivery RN.
6.) I used to teach Spinning and Aerobics classes
7.) My favorite color is PINK
8.) We are a blended family with 5 perfect boys from 14 years old to 8 years old.
9.) I have experienced some Supernatural phenomenon that was very real.
10.) I am 34 years old, and I am a Sagittarius.

:) ;-) :D :p :9 :7 :+

1) I have never eaten meat in my life
2) I can swim! But not very fast
3) I love Prince also but my favourite band is Magic Dirt
4) I am 29 years old and am looking forward to turning 30 soon
5) I am new to Cathe and I thought I was fit until I tried Imax 2!
6) I have a dog, I am not a cat person
7) I love bicycling and hate running
8) I live in Australia, have never been to the USA
9) Sweet potato and chocolate are my favourite foods
10) My mum is my favourite person in the world

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.