•• CHEETAHS •• fa-la-la-la Friday!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Hey there, cheetahs!
26.gif

Well, it took me days, but as of late Wednesday night, I finally made it through the workload. WOO! In all candor, the past couple of weeks have been…intense. Having too many huts on fire too much of the time has made me recognize the need to change some aspects of how I balance work and my personal life and health. BUT I’m through it—with a plan to work smarter. Which means I fully anticipate going home for winter break with nothing to grade and plans completed for the first week in January. If you hear me even mention the dreaded s-word (that would be schoolwork) while I’m on vaca, slap me silly! J

Now to catch up with personals…

Jackie—thanks for your card! Made me smile…You asked about the Europe trip. Unfortunately, I’ve already been bumped. *lol* Numbers on another trip were low, so two senior chaperones were transferred to my group. That’s just the way it works. I’ve agreed to help out with the final set of interviews, and then that’ll be it for this year. I hear you on the numb feet issue. In my case, it’s been a curious thing. My one foot would go numb for part of any 4+ mile run, and that happened during the bulk of my training, but I don’t recall it being an issue during the marathon itself, oddly. Sometimes it would bring a rather sharp pain in my foot. Do you get that, too?...Glad your legs are on the road to recovery.

Gloria—Got your email. You are da bomb, girl! Ear-to-ear smiles here…Busy times for you, too, I see. Was your project approved?

Wendy—it’s puzzling that you went through a course of antibiotics and remained sick for so long. Hope this is it for you now. Oh, absolutely, there are politicians who have integrity. My former boss, now a close personal friend, is one of them!

Carole aka Peppy Candy Lips—*lol*—thanks for the fuzzies. Much appreciated (and needed this week)! Good to make a dent in your x-mas shopping. I’m like Linda—and probably most of us who have Garmins, I would guess?—I feel lost now when I have to run without it.

Christine—thanks for that fun thread out on the OD...how are you feeling?

Judy—Ah, a shout-out to the yo-yo sisters! I have to say, I’m grateful when family members share gift ideas with me. In fact, my sister and I have been doing wishlist.com for the past couple of years. Makes shopping easier! Hard to come up with fresh ideas after so many years. Your tree made me smile, thinking of Christmas Vacation. Way to go—poundage lost in December is quite a feat.

Linda—hmmm, very interesting about the Squeeze u/b work. May have to revisit that. The race series sounds like a great winter motivator. I’m glad your DD hasn’t had any recent attacks. Fingers are crossed she has a smooth ride to the end.

Shelly—huge congrats to your brother on becoming a three-star Lt. General! Very impressive. Will this have any impact on his assignment? Those Christmas cards do eat up quite a bit of time—^^ 5’s on gettin’ ‘er done!

Dallas—ITA with you about Drew Peterson as well as Casey Anthony. So sad about Caylee. I’d wondered if they would ever recover her body. Felt kind of sickened as I watched the latest coverage. Oh, I’m not leaving. I already went to my sister’s last Sunday.

Laura—Oh, we don’t bite. Really. Just dive right in. Brighton’ll tell ya—the water’s just fine. :D About me: I teach. I run. I ski. I travel. Read when I can. And to build on Shelly’s idea, this is indeed a group of amazing women.

In terms of workouts, Sunday through Wednesday were forced rest days. Last night, after that string of 12-16 hour workdays, I was craving a veg night…felt wonderful to come home and not race to do something else. So, I'm feeling nice & recharged, and workouts resume today.

147.gif
And for a bit of holiday fun this Friday:
147.gif

• What is your all-time favorite Christmas song?
  • Which is the one that drives you up a wall?
Happy Friday to all!

GOOD MORNING!

Cathy: I speak the truth my friend! :) Sounds like we are on the same page with workouts and work. I will not speak the "s" word over break. :) The project was approved. I bet you will have a great workout today!

Favorite Christmas song: Can't say one. It would have to be the entire Nutcracker Ballet Suite Cd. I saw the ballet twice and I just love the music.

Least favorite: Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer has got to be one of the worst!

Off to do a tm run!

Have a super day everyone!

Good morning ya yas;)!

You know, I have yet to see that^^^ movie! I know, egads:eek:! In my spare time:p lol. Speaking of spare time, I have had nada, hence my absence for the past couple of days. Between getting the Christmas tree going, some long work days, some Christmas shopping, time with DSO, bowling last night (we absolutely spanked the first place team...too bad it doesn't really mean much at this point in the season *shrug*)...sheesh, it's no wonder I haven't been able to get here sooner. I swear I was starting to go through Cheetah withdrawals.

Gonna sit down with my cappuccino:D and catch up on personals in a second. BRB!

Cathy - Glad to hear that you've finally dug your way out from under all that work. It does sound like things have been stressful for you as of late. I'm happy to hear to that you're planning on enjoying your vacay...I'd be more than happy to slap you if you utter that evil "s" word:D! Thank you for the incredibly sweet card...you made me cry (then laugh):p. Love ya babe!

Wendy - When I heard about the huge outage in NJ my first thought was "I hope that didn't effect Wendy". Sorry to see that it did:(. You must be so proud of your brave little boy...what a trooper! Okay, now the funny part, so last night I had a second to start to catch up on reading the threads from the last couple of days. I get to the part where you said you guys lost power, aaaaaaaand that's *exactly* when MY power goes out...insert Twilight Zone music, doo doo, doo doo... Then I realized that I just tripped the breaker, but the problem was that I had no basement lights (same circuit as my office here). So I had to brave my very dark, very haunted basement by candlelight (of course I don't have a flashlight:p:confused:) to flip the switch. I swear you could probably *SEE* my heart pounding out of my chest lol!

Ack, phone's ringing. Be back with part deux....

Ladies, I'm so, so sorry but I've run out of time this morning:eek::(. I will be back tonight, though, I promise. Hopefully it won't be too long of a day and I'll be back early.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning Peeps.

This morning's work out was PLB standing work. I ran out of time for floor so I'll do that plus abs after work with the possiblity of some extra added cardio if I should have the time and the inclination. :)

Wendi: OMG funny story about the lights going out! Too wierd. I can just picture you creeping down to your basement with only a candle. Where's DSO when ya need him, right? :rolleyes: Thanks for thinkin' of me during the outage. It was creepy. I had thoughts of 9-11 for a few minutes there cause I was trying to get in touch with Sal on my cell and the call wouldn't go through. My active imagination was wondering if the black out was staged and then we were going to be attacked in the dark! :eek:

Gloria: I think Gma Got run over by a Reindeer is absolutely hysterical. I sing along to it with a smile on my face every time I hear it. I also like Percy the Puney Pointsetta! LOL Sorry you couldn't get more work outs in last week but hey, you were busy. This week will be better! :)

Cathy: Glad you finally got through the stack. It'll be a nice for you not to have school work over winter break. Enjoy it. Yeah, it ticked me off when I remained sick after taking the antibiotics and then just as I was getting over that is when the stomach virus attacked! :eek: Oh I am sure there are plenty more upstanding politicians like your ex boss. It just seems like there is always one getting caught doing something he shouldn't be doing.:rolleyes:

I don't have a fave Christmas tune nor one I can't stand that I can think of at this moment. Perhaps I'll hear some music today that will inspire me to answer the questions better! LOL

Off to work now.
BBL.

Last edited:
good morning!

Gloria - THat is so funny about your DH "ruffling his feathers" and saying that about TU! LOL...I am sure my DH would have loved to go to that meeting! :) Anything, and I mean "anything" that has to do with flyfishing and he wants to be there!!! Don't stress about your runs! The holidays and work really have a way of taking most of our time!

Cathy - Whew! I a so glad you will get to take a bit of a breather! We will shake you if you start doing schoolwork on your vacation! Thank you for the card! That was so nice! ( and cute!) I looked for some running or fitness cards, but couldn't find any at all!

Wendi- How funny that happened to you when you were reading about Wendy's power outage! Too weird!!! Are you sure your house isn't haunted?? ;) (JK!)

Dallas - Thank you for the sweet card!! That is so horrible about Caylee :( I just cannot even imagine.

After work yesterday, I met my youngest (pregnant) DD for dinner and we went to the Casting Crowns and Natalie Grant concert. We had a wonderful time! It was pouring the snow when we got out and on the way home. No workout last night...and I got home too late to get up and workout this morning. So....this is a rest day :)

BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...So happy to hear you made it through the huge mountain of work!!!
dance.gif
Your winter break is going to be awesome!! Hey Snappy Candy Lips...funny we have the same last name!!! I was definitely lost running without my Garmin the other day...Fav Holiday song is "Holly Jolly Christmas", not sure I have one that drives me up the wall, I will think about it.

Gloria...In the part of Calif I live in, it does get cold and we get snow on occasion. But there are colder parts. Yes, this will be a cold "wood stove" weekend here, but I will be in L.A. for a few days so not so cold there. I had a great 6 mile run yesterday! I did like the one Prefontaine movie I watched. Enjoy your TM run today.

Wendy...NO, the other watch was no FUN at all!! Have fun doing all that housecleaning now...:)...I like the Reindeer and Grandma song too! Have you heard the one "Grandpa got run over by a Beer truck"?...way funny...:D..Good job with PLB standing.

Jackie...it was weird about the Garmin as I had downloaded the info on my PC and after awhile it said it was completely charged, like usual. But then when I turned it on the next morning it said "battery low" and turned off! I am so lost without that Garmin! Good workout yesterday.

Laura...I think my favorite recipe in Vegan Planet is the Portobello mushrooms stuffed with Chipotle mashed potatoes!...YUM!! Yes we do know a lot about each other here....and as I know personals are tough to start up in this group, that is the only way to get to know everyone is by doing personals...if that makes sense??...:)..As for me, I am 49, married, no kids, self employed as a manicurist for the last 19 years, been running for 30 plus years, and lifting weights for probably just as long!! Found Cathe workouts in the early 1990's and have been hooked on her ever since. How long of a run will you go for tomorrow?

Shelly...Looks like you are enjoying 4DS. Congrats to your big brother on his promotion!!! I can see how proud you are...:)..Weird as I had charged my Garmin?? I guess they have little issues every now and then. LOL about your remark to Dallas...

Today is some upper body work from the original Bodymax, abs and a 5 mile tempo run.

Have a great day...:)

Shelly - Wow! THat is great about our brother! I don't take it as you bragging.....but you are definitely allowed to brag!! That is great! Congratulations to him! I am sure you are "proud as a peacock!"

Carole - Enjoy your run and UB! Yum! The mushrooms sound wonderful!

Jackie - Thank you so much for the card!

Good Morning all!

Quick check in to let you know I have been sick with a cold, but I'm starting to feel a bit better and that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'm thinking of trying something light today. We'll see. I'll be back later with personals.

Favorite Christmas Song - Tie between Oh Holy Night, and Do You Hear What I Hear.

Least favorite - that Wham Song - "Last Christmas". If you were played the fool - why sing about it?

Good morning Cheetahs! :D

Laura - I'm a 54 year old grandmother of 2. I live in TN. I just completed my 3rd half marathon Saturday. Know I couldn't have done it without the support and motivation from the wonderful women here. I feel better in my 50's than I did in my 20's and plan to try to keep up my fitness level.

Wendy - So sorry your hours were screwed up. Good for your house cleaning I guess. BTW how is Clyde doing after his ordeal a few months ago.? Good job with PLB!

Judy - Understand about posting. Sometimes I don't want to look at a computer when I get home. Happy 83rd to FIL!! I'll bet that 12 ft. tree will be beautiful. How long will it take to decorate?

Linda - To think I use to say I wanted 4 kids until I had the first one. That changed my mind quickly. :D Enjoy that snow and rest day.

Shelly - Glad you got the cards done. Work is good for something. ;) Congratulations to DB!! What an honor and you have every right to brag. Absolute KB is up and down with the intensity. I would say it's along the line of KPC. Haven't done a run yet, maybe tomorrow. If not, it will be next week.

Cathy - Glad you made it through the workload and came out of it with a plan for balance. Hope you can keep the s word out of sight during the vacation. Got your card yesterday. Love the fitness. I didn't have any sharp pains from the feet numbness. It did feel like my feet would give out and I would fall. This is the first time I suffered with cramps though.

Gloria - Hope you had a good run. When does vacation start for you? Maybe you can catch up on some good running then. I see we have the same dislike in Christmas songs.

Wendi - You've been a busy little beaver. Great job with the bowling. Now take some of that into the next half. Funny power outage story. :D

Carole - I don't like running without my Garmin either. As a matter of fact, I run with both the Garmin and Polar so I can download my workouts. I know - weird. Enjoy UB and your run!

Christine - Sorry to hear the old cold monster has you in its grips. Glad you're feeling better.

Today's workout was Timesaver 2. I alternated between the step, elliptical and treadmill for the cardio portions. Will start increasing the intensity again next week.

Favorite: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen or Silent Night when Bing Crosby sings it.
Least: Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer

Have a fantastic Friday!

Hey there cheetahbabes! A little more action in the den today I see:D Got a good start to the the day with HLD and tacked on about a mile of running in my basement. Not on the TM... just laps around my basement. that's how big the darn thing is!!! It does make for a nice warm up or cool down or I could even just do it for shorter runs I guess but that would be a tad monotonous... even more then the TM!

Later I'll continue in my 4DS mode with BC- Bi/Tri. Gonna do some serious shopping later and my goal is to FINISH:D:D:D (with Christmas stuff that is)

Linda- hmmmmm.... Pittsburgh may well be a very good choice. It does sound like a nice route and I've never been there either. It's actually closer to me then Philly. Well, lots of time yet to mull it over. Sounds like you had a great nite out with your DD. Still waiting on a real snow fall here!!! I think the elevation is too low for it to get serious here too often... that's fine with me! Just alot of cold rain this week.

Gloria- Very hard to get in the time for good long runs or workouts this time of year indeed. Plenty of time to get serious again after the holidays tho! Pip is being a bit of a brat lately?? Sigh... at that age I guess. He should calm down eventually, but it can be frustrating dealing with those high energy type breeds at that age!

Cathy- I figured things had to be pretty hot and intense for you to be MIA from the check ins. Glad some of those hut fires are put out!! Okay... will get the slapping hands ready at any mention of schoolwork during vacay time!! Oh wow.... I didn't realize you'd been bumped for the chaperone position to Europe... bummer!!! I suppose tho it'll will definitely be your turn the next year tho? Re: my brother... actually he has been waiting for this promotion for quite a while to give him a good opportunity to retire... yeehaw... I am WAY jealous about that. Sometimes in my more pessimistic moments I feel like I'll be working well into advanced old age, until I drop! (sigh) Great that you now feel recharged! How is that old ITB issue??

Cute fun question of the day. Fav song- Oh Holy Night. Least fav.... Santa Baby.... makes me grit my teeth!

Wendi- Congrats on a fabulous Bowling nite!!! Hey, it ALWAYS means something!!

Wendy- Been thinkin about PLB for my next fryer leg w/o. It's a doozy for sure! How are ya doing with the Christmas shopping chores anyway? Just about done?

Carole- Thanks re: my brother. I do feel a tad guilty tho about crowing about it a bit. I hesitate mentioning my brother much at all anywhere for fear people will think I'm a name dropping braggart. He actually tries to keep a low profile but did make somewhat of a name for himself going up against a certain former Sec of Defense who he despised! Havent done any of the original bodymax for a while... nice to revisit the old ones now and then!

Christine- Missed ya! I figured you were just bogged down with work and everything else this time of year. sorry to hear that you've been attacked with a nasty cold bug!! Hope you recover quick and glad to hear you are being wise and taking it easy. But then, you always do play it smart!!

Jackie- Hey, I'm so with ya there on the 50s being a great age!!! Disappointing about Absolute KB. I rarely do KPC cuz it's not intense enough for me. That's why I like Amy's KB workouts so much... she has never put out one that has failed to make me nice and sweaty. I guess you started a bit of running again with the TM portions of your workout today! LOVE that pic of you with your RP and Elvis!!!!!!

Karen- If you are dropping in or lurking today. Got your PM reply and just wanted to let you know you have my continued prayers comin at ya!!!

That's it for now y'all!

Have a Holly Jolly ...Friday...

HAPPY FRIDAY!

And it’s O’l Blue Eyes’ Birthday! LOLOLOL

Been a busy week but it’s all good now because today is FRUUUIIIIDDDAAAYYUUH! woo hoo!

Favorite Christmas song: Two are tied- Frank Sinatra’s “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm” and “Jingle Bells”…ja ja ja jingle bells….I love those B-E-double L-S …I love those J-I-N-G-L-E Bells….lol…love me some Frank year round…

Most annoying Christmas Song: That dumb Grandma got run over by Reindeer song.

Gotta get in the day shift today and then out for some shopping this evening. Tomorrow is DD18’s final show/presentation at Oxbow in Napa, so we’ll be heading down very early to get good parking. Amanda has done a fabulous, outstanding job (received her grade report) and we’re very excited to see her final presentation. (She was very excited last night to tell me that one of the instructors she is keen about and has offered to provide a recommendation letter for her CCA application.) Then it will be back up the hill to get busy with my painting of the living room. EEK! I had the silly idea to get the living room painted ASAP so I can put up a tree for Christmas, host the Christmas dinner, then get jiggy with painting the rest of the house after Christmas….DH says, “yeah, just pile something else on your plate”…lol…poor fella, he must think I have a sick way of challenging myself to see if I can really achieve so much with so little time…. ah well, we’ll see…

In other good news, I received my Cathe order (used the 20% coupon) of weighted gloves for kickboxing and a new red fitness ball. Dang, that plastic ball stinks to high heaven! egads..thought I’d pass out from the fumes when I walked in my “garage/room” this morning. And then I won Muscle Max on Ebay this week. Finally broke down and bid on it since I’ve wanted it forever. I know STS will be coming but I thought what the heck, just get it for the collection.

Ok, on to some lightening fast personals because me thinks I only have about 5 minutes left…lol

Cathy – HEY, hey, Teach, impressive slaying on that ginormous grading pile. You deserve a refreshment…lol. Include me in that vacation countdown! yee haw! And thanks for the super-funny card - ranking high on the cheez-o-meter! LOL

Gloria – Enjoy that dreadmill run. How’s the snowmobile suit these days? hee hee…

Wendi – Sounds like a busy time for everyone, eh? Good job with the bowling.

Wendy – Hey there, still been interested in the wine? What do you like most; white or red? I prefer reds. I have some recommendations if you’re interested.

Linda – Yay, Let it Snow, Let it Snow…lol. Glad you had a great time with DD!

Carole – Hey Ms. Candy Lips! LOL…I have to get back over to that thread. But my name was stupid. Maybe I’ll use DH’s instead..his was funnier. Yep, we may be getting a small bit of snow, huh? Oh yah, I used to love the original body max, have fun! and have fun in LA.

Christine – I hope you feel better my friend! I’ve been fighting that bug off ALL WEEK! 20 bazillion peeps at work have a cold and I feel one coming. I took the vitamin “Alive” all week and seems to be working. Agree with the Wham song…waaa waaaa..lol

Jackie – Thank you for the lovely card. I’ll get the rest of mine done and sent over the weekend. Agree with the Bing songs too! GREAT photo! thanks for sharing.. gotta love the person in the parka behind ya; shows just how cold it really was for ya’ll.

Ok, that’s it! I have 20 minutes to shower and get my azz outta here and head to Disneyland!

Wishin’ ya’ll a Fabulous Frank Sinatra Birthday Friday!! LOL

POSH :D

hey Shelly!

Snuck in there... Looked back to see...

Congrats re: your brother! Way cool!

K, REALLY gotta get outta her or I won't be saying, "this is the earliest I've ever been late!" :p

It seems like I have perfect timing most days in the den.

Thanks again Shelly.

Let's see, Most favorite song would be. Point of Grace's- Shinning Star

Least favoite is John Denver- Please Daddy Don't get Drunk this Christmas.

Eating is still in the pits. After reading all your responses the other day I'm going to just let it go for now. However today I got an email about the Baltimore Marathon 09 which sounds like a good deal. i know it's hilly but I have done the half and I know what to expect, where to park, the expo and all the in's and out's. I haven't been running it awhile. I do most TM trainging and have not been able to do it because I'm fearful the sound with make my mother nervous. She hears things and gets worried.

Exercise- Getting it in most days but the duration is shorter. Doing what I can do.

Now mom- Dad and I went to plan the funeral the other day. It was hard but i'm glad it is done and over. I took one last stab at talking with the doctors and hoping for basicaly HOPE that isn't there at this point. So now my mom's doctor called hospice and I will speak them next week. I guess things are as good as can be expected. Mom is hearing things that are not there and seeing people occasionly who are not there. Other days she is clear as a bell. Most days are bad but the few that are not make me smile.

So now I think I'm a bit caught up at least in my life. I am out the door to do both households grocery shopping. Dh is going to take some time off to be home so his last day of work will be the 17th and he doesn't have to go back unitl the new year. I could use the help with the kids and not worrying about them when I am called to take care of mom most days. My mom has no concept of time so if I go down stairs to give her meds she keeps me a long time. Thank goodness he has loads of vacation to use.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a week. :(

Posh, thanks for making me laugh out loud for the first time in ages-- I was wondering if you were cranking those happy J-I-N-G-L-E bells! :D :D :D Love it, love it!

Cathy-- hmmmm....
Fave Christmas Song: I love the old French carols. "Bring a Torch Jeanette, Isabella" is a favorite although you don't hear it too often.
Least Fave: There was this horrible song "Suzy Snowflake" that they used to play all the time in the retail store I worked during my college days. Ick.

Well, we were able to go up and visit with my friend yesterday... she felt well enough to go out to lunch, so that's what we ended up doing. It was a really good afternoon-- but I was just so drained afterward. She looked so exhausted-- and between the cancer & the medication it makes her face swell up... Totally heart-breaking. She says she's just so sick all the time, a big day for her is just getting dressed & coming downstairs for breakfast. I thought I was doing okay, until the drive home from SLC and I just broke down. So difficult. :( :( :(

Ended up meeting DH at the gym hoping to run the tension off, but I felt like sludge on the treadmill. I was so tight-- wanted to do a 5 mile tempo run, but could only manage 3 miles-- and that was running a mile, walking a 1/4 mile, etc. So I did 4.1 miles, but only 3 was running. Not good....... :(

So... it's been rough. I have so many little projects left to do before the holidays, but I'm just so worn out from everything... It's hard to find the motivation. I'm nearly over this cold that's been hanging on for awhile, but it's still keeping me up at night with the coughing. I'm sure everything that's going on is what's throwing the runs off, but it's just one more frustration added to everything. :(

All that said, I'm really doing okay. My family and I are so blessed, I really don't have anything to complain about. My heart just aches for my friend and her little family, and I wish there was something more I could do. It's difficult feeling so powerless.

Anyway, on that cheery note ;) I should probably get about my day... Thanks for listening to my sad little tales lately, everyone. Thanks for the thoughts & prayers-- they buoy me up through the day.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I'll try and check in again soon. *crossing fingers* Thanks so much for all of your friendship & support.

Shelly: I don't know exactly when training begins. There are 2 meetings at the beginning of the year that I will go to where I will find out more info. I need to call to get a copy of the PDF file re-sent to me. I emailed and was told I needed to call. I am so bad about making phone calls. *sigh* On the Christmas shopping front I am done with my son and my mom and one of my nephews. My sister's "tribe" are all getting gift cards this year so that will be easy. Leaves only a small handful of folks to buy for. We are planning on going shopping on Sunday.

Carole: Grandpa got run over by a beer truck...are you serious!? OMG I gotta hear it now!!! Too funny! :D I like BM's upper body work. Enjoy your run.

Hi Linda!

Christine: Feel better!

Posh: Oh you must be so proud of your DD. Yeah, you are nuts wantin' to hurry up and paint right before Christmas! LOL Sure, I'd love some recs on the red wine front. I like both red and white but have been drinking the reds. I also like white merlot. :)

(((Karen))): Oh that's great that DH is taking a couple weeks off from work. What a relief that will be for you. Make the most of your mom's lucid days and try to enjoy the holidays.

Karen - posting at the same time... I'm sure making funeral plans wasn't easy. (((HUGS))) Hope the weekend allows you some rejuvenation time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.