•• CHEETAHS •• fa-la-la-la Friday!

Brighton: Sorry about your friend. Glad you were able to visit her on a "better day" though. It's so hard to watch loved ones suffer. ((((HUGS)))) I am sure your visit brightened her day though so feel very good about that. No worries on that stinky TM run. It happens. You'll do better next time! :)

Well girls, this might be the final post of the day. I have to finish my work out now (which might also include a quick run at the gym) and I have plans tonight so I may not get back here but I'll definately be poppin' in tmrw if nothing else!

Have a great day!

Ladies—thanks for all the helpful intros. Like I said, my comment was really a compliment, but I do appreciate your helpful response. I feel like the air is clearing!

Linda—Thanks for starting the intros. I also like Casting Crowns. I went to see them at Six Flags when they were with FFH and Steven Curtis Chapman.

Wendy, Cathy, Gloria, Carole, Jackie, and Shelly—thanks for chiming in on the intros

Linda, Wendy & Jackie—I want to join your “we love Fiber One bars” club! They are the best!

Wendy—I am so sorry about your power outage. That is awful. It was ironic to me, too, though, because we have CONSTANT power outages here in Uganda. The power is out daily for at least some brief period of time, and sometimes for several hours. As a result, we all have battery backup systems that keep the power going when the city supply goes off. So, when the power is out, we’re all equipped. However, when we’re in the States and the power goes out (somehow it always seems to follow us!) it really is an emergency situation!

Also, about the coffee: Ethiopian coffee is really good, and we get a lot of it around here since they’re such a near neighbor. DH says he thinks that coffee is actually supposed to have originated in Ethiopia, so they ought to know what they're doing! I have seen Ugandan coffee in the States, too. It's not called "Ugandan" but has a different name, though. I forget what it is called there but will check on it.

Gloria—I have a degree in language arts and loved it as an undergraduate. But in grad school , ITA, it was definitely “you know what.” I’ve been teaching high school language arts here for an American expatriate school, but that is a whole different story. It has been fun.

Cathy—I wish that I lived where I could ski. It is the one thing that will get me out in the cold. DH loves it too. However, there’s just not that much snow in equatorial Africa! (Only on Kilimanjaro!)

Carole—I will show that I am a running newbie when I say that I don’t know what a Garmin is. I’m guessing it’s one of those fitness gadgets that track mileage and calories and hook right up to a fitness program on your computer. Am I on the right track? I do know the frustration of non-functional gadgets. If my iPod decides not to sync one day or I forget to charge it, it’s a real bummer. So, SORRY for your inconvencience. And tomorrow my run is going to be (hopefully!) a 6 mile “long” run, ie. It’s not a tempo run. But somehow “6” just doesn’t seem so long when I see the runs you all are posting!

Shelly—I’m just in awe. Your 4th marathon. Wow. I’m feeling proud to do a ½, and I’m just 36.

Brighton—thanks for “friending” me ☺ From what Cathy said, I take it you’re relatively new to the Cheetah den, too?

Dallas—Yes! I am in Africa. Sometimes it’s exotic, and sometimes it’s just plain THIRD WORLD. But it’s never dull. We’ve been here for 10 years and have the potential to be here for 10 more. When I was growing up, I used to go to camp with a girl named Dallas. She’s the only other one I’ve known.

Judy—I second the congrats on a 5 pound weight loss over the holidays. Impressive. Also impressive is adding on more ab work after B&G. WTG.

Wendi—too crazy about your “timely” power outage!

Christine—Sorry you’ve been sick

Posh—good luck with the painting!

Karen—I’m a Point of Grace fan, too

As to the question of the day—Oh Holy Night is fave, and I’ll join whoever said “Suzy Snowflake” as least!

Today was the original BC for me. Runing is helping my cardio factor because I didn’t’ want to cry during the cardio! ☺

Last edited:
I have to jump in the shower now but just wanted to jump on and report my work out. I did PLB floor, PUB abs and the Low Max Blasts. YEOWCH! :eek:

I had a DUH moment before. I realized while doing PLB floor work and abs that I CAN'T go to the gym b/c daycare is no longer open on friday eves and I needed to get there before DH came home to watch Joey so no go.

Tomorrow calls for upper body and I'd like to do cardio as well. I originally wanted to take the Centergy class but I'm not going to fit it ALL in so I need to cut something out and unfortunately Centergy is first in line to get the boot....

Okay, I'm outta time.

Have a good night. :)

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendi: Nice to see you!

Wendy: Great workout! Haven't heard the pointsetta song. I must broaden my horizons and listen to something other than NPR! I'm not sweatin' the missed workouts. I'm good for it. ;)

Linda: I have never been to WV. My class read a book set in WV and apparently it is considered the rocky state, no flat land. That must make for some good running if you want to do hills. So, is your DH interested in doing some production fly tying? :D Just kidding you. We are trying to make the shop China free. Sounds like a really fun night! :)

Carole: I bet Beau is getting big. Pip has been so good, but lately, she is eating everything that she shouldn't. Initially, I get mad, but than I look at her cute face and that's all she wrote. Is Beau still in the kennel at night? Pip usually sleeps on the bed with DH and I. Ellie has what we call a bungalo. She sleeps in Dh's closet. She is a wierd creature. Awesome workout!

Christine: Bummer about the cold! Get some rest there little lady! :)

Jackie: I did get in a good run. No programmed workout, just my tunes. I checked out your race pic and you are one beautiful lady! :)

Shelly: In my puppy experience, you would think the older they get, the easier they are to deal with. Not so much with miss Pip. She has found some legs and attitude. She is the sweetest pea though. Again, congrats to your brother! Do you have a big family? I think I will be working until the day I die too.

Posh: I just took the snowmobile suit off! :) This is one girl you will never see in some fancy Victoria Secret get out. In fact, my favorite shirt that I wear to bed is a tye dye that I wore on the first date Dh and I had 14 years ago. It has holes in it now, but I still love it. Awesome on your score on Ebay and the Cathe site! Your DD is doing great! Wonderful!

Karen: You are being so strong. ((Hugs))

Brighton: Good to see you again! Take care!

Laura: Language arts is a tough subject to teach. My DH was 2 classes from his Master's that the school paid for, and he decided that it just wasn't him. A lot of people said he was stupid for not pursuing it, but if it isn't your passion, move on. I LOVE the original BC!

Ran 5 miles this morning! Have a great night Cheetahs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.