"M and F Hers" article

clareMc

Cathlete
Hi all:

the latest issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers includes an article on Michelle Lemay's stretching techniques, which she has brought out as a book and series of videos. These are innovative techniques that feature continuous flowing movements, which take joints and muscles through a full range of motion, and are not static hold stretches. They are derived from Michelle's extensive training in dance, and would, I think, have quite a calming effect upon the mind. I really recommend taking a look at this article, browse the mag in your local supermarket or bookstore....

The article gives her website ("www.michellelemay.com") as contact for more info on these videos and currently to order you have to contact Michelle directly because she is still getting her website organized to accept credit card orders.

I sent an email and received a polite and friendly response, which I would post here except for the fact that this frightful Dell machine I'm currently working on won't let me copy from email applications....(please bring back my Mac, all is forgiven!!!!)

But the email to send enquiries is "[email protected]", and the videos cost $19.95, plus $5 shipping. I am going to get one (called "Alive in Your Body") and I'll return in a few weeks and post a review for you all in case anyone else is interested in stretching in a dance-orientated rather than yoga or athletic stretch fashion.

Have a healthy and productive day!

Clare :)

RE: "M and F Hers" article

I second the Thank you Clare. I will check these tapes out too.
BTW, I also thank you for sharing your experience during The Black Out. You painted the picture with words that I felt I was there with you. I could look at pictures of masses walking across Brooklyn bridge and tell my friends, 'a girl I know from Cathe's is on that bridge.'
So glad you made it home safe and sound. I can see the necessity of having a family plan of what to do and where to go in case of crisis like that. So glad you and your DH had cell phones to keep in contact.

I read the article and was intrigued by the moves. Do you know which workout is most like that shown in the magazine?

Kathryn:

I asked the same question. What they said was that these moves are covered in both videos, and then some. The beginning stretch video is a half hour, and the one I am buying is a full hour, called "Alive in your body", because they said it will include these stretch moves and lots more. Since I don't fancy buying too many stretch videos, I'm going to get the longer one anyway, and if I can't fit it all in after a workout like Kick Punch and Crunch (phew! might need it after that!!!), then I'll just tag 10 mins of it after each workout of the week, or do some at any time I can squeeze it in.

Clare.

Thanks for the info, Clare. I just wish these were on DVD! SO much better to be able to pick and choose segments to do.

Oooh Clare, I am so embarrassed. I'm sorry I got you mixed up with someone else. That really would have been a long walk across the Brooklyn bridge from where you live! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.