Damage Control October!!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Starting the new thread. No workout to report for today. I'm going to try to head out and walk a bit. I did manage to get all the laundry done last night!

bbl

Hi!

Thanks for the pics. Have you seen all the pics on Facebook? I took a bike ride today and got my laundry done. Did you work today?

Beth

Hi!

I went to the pool today and did my water jogging/moving arms. Did you get a workout in? How is your arm feeling?

Beth

I did a couple BR w/o's this morning and went walking after work. My HR transponder stopped working. DH is going to check it out and see if he can get it working again. I did all the the troubleshooting steps. I don't think it needs a new battery but it sounds like the contact may be bent or something. My arm is still not good. I'll probably schedule a massage soon. I invited Marissa to join our check-in.

I'm looking into doing a trial of Cathe OnDemand and Live. I think I can pay for 1 month and see if I like it or not. Tomorrow I have a dentist appt in the morning and may go to the class at the gym tomorrow night.

I can see why you want to do the Live and OnDemand after having so much fun on the road trip! I'm going to try my newest DVD today-high step circuit-I think it's called. It's raining here. This afternoon is volunteer work at the library for the book sale next year. Have a good day! Glad you invited Marissa to join.

Beth

Today was Low Intensity TriSets for Lower Body. Those one legged crossover squats are challenging even without using a weight! It's back to work for me tonight and then all weekend. I don't want vacation to be over! What have you got planned this weekend?

Beth

Yesterday was just a walk at lunch. So much work to get caught up on. I really need a rotation to follow or I just flounder. I'm thinking about doing the October rotation. This morning I did Tabatacise 1-5 & abs with the 10# vest for tabata's 1, 2 and half of 3. Hopefully DH can get my HR monitor working this weekend or I will need to order a new transponder. I have a bunch of errands to run this weekend. Grocery shopping, take in DS's pants to be sewn and buy him a couple more pairs, exchange a pair of pants I bought for DH, buy the Instant Pot at Kohl's while it's on sale and I have my 30% off coupon etc. Oh, I have a facial scheduled for tonight!

Trisets is a great workout! Wouldn't it be nice to be on vacation all the time. Come on lottery win!

Looks like today will be a walk between soccer matches and then work. Work is challenging and I'm trying to follow Leo Babauta's zen philosophy to just "let it go". I get frustrated when we don't have enough staff.

Nice job with Tabatas! I love x train. I was happy in the new workout to be able to do some push-ups without pain. Granted I was in table top and on my knees, but I got a teensy bit of Doms in my chest so consider that a win. What Insta Pot recipes have you been eyeing? I haven't got on and whole30 people use it all the time. I'm just trying to eat clean(er).

Beth

No workout Saturday or today. I hurt my back simply standing up. I was able to get all my errands done but by evening I was in a lot of pain. Laying down and turning over were quite painful last night. I'm just going to walk today to keep the muscles warm and promote healing. Hopefully in day or so it will feel good enough to work out again. I've also decided I want to go to a whole foods based diet and eliminate all the shakes/powders/fillers etc. Since I paid for and have plenty of Isagenix and Herbalife products, I plan on using those up and then starting my journey. I'm even considering going vegetarian-similar to the 21 day challenge. I just need to get off this bandwagon of shakes to lose weight. I'm at my current weight due to weight watchers. I'm not a fan that they only look at the scale weight. If you lose a pound of fat and gain a pound of muscle, the scale remains the same but your body composition has greatly improved. I don't know what I'm going to try first in the Instant Pot, but I'm hopeful I can get DH to start eating dinner and eating more healthfully. It's worth a try. So I got the $129 one for $67. That's a win in my book.

My girls' mom is letting them come for part of Thanksgiving week. They will be here Wed-Sun of Thanksgiving week. It cost a small fortune but is totally worth it to me!

I'm sorry you are so stressed at work. That is awful. Yay for DOMs!!! You are doing great. What about incorporating yoga back into your rotation?

Oh no-I hope your back feels better. I'm so happy the girls are coming for Thanksgiving! We're wondering if DS2 will be home with the dog. What a great deal on that InstaPot. I had 4 pumpkin cookies at work last night. Ended up doing a 12 hour shift. My body can not handle it. Every time I do one I am reminded that it's not a good idea. Why can't I remember that before I agree to do it? The extra money is nice, but it's starting not to be worth it. Woke up today feeling a little down about the gov., ACA, losing a whole day to work, and tired. Going to go workout now-something fun since all I did on the weekend was a walk outside. I did wear my weight vest with weights of 6% of my body weight so I'm hoping that's doing the bones some good. I also want to meal prep something today-soup or chili for the next week. I'm still stretching pretty good twice a day so am not feeling the yoga vibe. I tried a great recipe last week for breakfast from BornFitness called: Lemon Berry Chia Yogurt:

1 c. plain non fat Greek yogurt
1 t. lemon juice
1/2 T. chia or flax(ground)
1/2 c. blueberries (I used frozen)

Mix and let sit overnight
in the AM add:
1t. unsweetened coconut
some cinnamon, some sliced almonds and some sweetener if you need it (I added 1 t. maple syrup)

I'm going to make up some of these today for breakfasts.

I tried another recipe for overnight oats and hated it-too sweet and tasted artificial. Do you do any overnight oats?

Off to workout. How does your back feel today?

Beth

This morning I did Plyo HIIT 1 and abs from RWH. I was a little slower than normal but got it done. I modified the couple of exercises that bothered my back Sleeping is the worst as my back tightens up and it hurts to move. Hoping my back heals quickly. I'll probably walk later today. I'm looking into the Travis Eliot streaming service and may give that a go for a month. It's cheaper than buying the program for $100. If I like it then I could purchase it. I don't each much oatmeal, but I do have a chia pudding recipe that I like, it's from the cleanse. I make a few of them at a time and enjoy as a snack.
1/2 C full fat coconut milk
2 Tbs chia seeds
I tsp lemon juice
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix above together and refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours

Top with 1/4 C sliced strawberries (blueberries) and 2 Tbs sliced almonds prior to serving

12 hours is too long IMO. Nice job walking with your vest! Yes, you are definitely strengthening your bones. Keep up the good work.

I'll have to try that pudding recipe! The Greek yogurt one is good and it's been keeping me full. So yesterday I ended up doing Power Hour. I used all hand weights and even did pushups (on my knees). No pain anywhere! Today I did Crossfire and took a walk to get all my steps in. We're having a fire and playing cards tonight with my parents. I make Turkey chili today to take for dinner at work the next three days.

It's been a full year since I started PT. It's about time I'm able to get back to upper body weights!

Beth

This morning I did HIIT DWP and walked at lunch. My back hurts so bad during the night and when I first get up. Moving around seems to help a lot. I think it warms up the muscle and alleviates the pain. It will still be a few days before I can attempt anything with weights.

WooHoo for getting back to upper body weights pain free!!! Crossfire is a goodie. I don't have all my steps in yet but hopefully I'll get there before the end of the day. Enjoy cards with your parents. Nice job preparing you dinners in advance. You are doing great. I'm struggling a bit with all these aches and pains, but I'll get back to my regular schedule once my body isn't hurting.

Yesterday I did X10 the 52 min premix. It was tough for sure and it certainly wasn't my best performance. I'm thinking CCC today. My back hurts so bad right now, when I first get up. Once I get moving around it feels much better. I hope this gets better soon. I feel like I haven't done weights in ages. It cleanse day today and tomorrow. For some reason, these aren't too difficult for me. I have a ton of work to get done by tomorrow so it may be a long night for me.

What's are you up to Beth?

Hello! How are you feeling? As long as you're walking you're moving and letting your body heal. X52! Maybe you need low impact to see if that helps your back? I had some hip pain yesterday after Crossfire on Tuesday-enough that I vowed (again) that impact wasn't worth it if I locked the joint. So, I stretched and went to the pool and it's fine today, but it scared me yesterday.

Today I'm doing Push/Pull from BB Series. It's 45 minutes total body and since I'm in a work stretch, 45 minutes sounds good! My latest schedule is: Mon/Thurs-Total Body, Tues/Friday-cardio, Wed.-pool, weekend: one day rest, one day what I feel like doing: bike, pool, walk, whatever.

Beth

Hey Lady!

How did CCC go? Did you get all your work done? You are so lucky in some ways to work at home. There is high schoolish teenage drama at work right now for me. It's hard to be in the click at work when you don't smoke (as most other nurses and nurse aides do). DH says to not worry about it, but I had a sleepless night. Some days I just want to give up.

On the plus side, PP felt good! I also treated myself and ordered Cathe calendar for next year and the 3 Fit Tower workouts. I don't have the tower, but will adjust. They are all between 30-45 minutes which is what I like doing these days. I got 20% off the Fit Tower dvds.

Have you tried any of the yoga yet? What are your weekend plans? My plans are to watch soccer (of course!), work 4 hours Sat. for big bonus (of course!), and regular stuff like laundry, workout, cook, etc.

Have a good one (TGIF!)

Beth

CCC was great yesterday. I did some of my own ab work for a couple of those sections. My feels good once I'm up and moving for a bit. I usually wake up from the back pain around 4 or 5 in the morning. I get up and take some ibuprofen and go back to bed. It's honestly taking forever to heal. Still trying to decide what to do this morning. I haven't started the yoga yet. The program Jennifer is doing costs $100 for the dvd set, or there is also a streaming service. I'm looking for a used copy of the discs for now. It is nice to work from home. I had a 12 hour day yesterday and was beat when I finally went to bed. It's nice not having to deal with office politics.

Wow, I cannot believe anyone in the medical field smokes. Don't get sucked into their drama. Just try to be the best person you can be each and every day. :) I had someone try to throw me under the bus yesterday for something that I did not do. It took me 3 hours before I could respond to her nasty email in a professional manner. I'm also thinking of ordering the calendar and fit tower w/o's. Honestly, I really do not care for these types of workouts but am feeling the need to give my body a break and try some alternatives that I wouldn't have done in the past. Who knows, maybe they will grow on me. Other than the normal chores this weekend, I'm going to another baby shower. This one is for my cousins son and his girlfriend. They are having a girl in mid-February. I still cannot believe that everyone finds out the gender and names their baby before it is born. TGIF!!!

I just finished BR Real Time Challenge Day1. This is the first time I lifted weights in almost 6 weeks. This is 30s work/10s rest for 45 minutes. It alternates cardio and weights. I'm going to try to add in some additional weight training. My arm hurts whether I lift or not. I'm not sure what to do about it. By the way, all my cardio this week was done with the 10# vest. Although I did take it off yesterday during Cardio Slam at the 30 minute mark. I need to focus on my nutrition more. That's what I'm going to work on this week. Off to shower and head to the baby shower.

Beth-Hope you are having a less stressful day today. HUGS.

Glad to see you're getting some good weight work in. How was the baby shower? Nice to have a party to go to! Work is fine. Yes, I get frustrated; but so be it. They called at 6 this morning to ask if I wanted to come in anytime today because a 12 hour person called off. I didn't get home until 11 last night and want to watch Liverpool at 11, so I declined. This is a day I may just stay in my jammies all day! I only have 59 steps! We'll see. This is supposed to be the last "nice" day and I may put the vest on and walk outside. I only have 6 lbs. in the vest, but can feel it in my hips so I guess that's enough. I have yet to do Cardio Kicks. Friday I walked with the vest and Saturday DH and I took a bike ride together. I think I'll do the Fit Tower Total Body on Monday-am anxious to try the new workouts!

Beth

So I did the Fit Tower Total Body. It was very easy to adapt to just using my step as a bench and the back of the couch. The hardest to adapt were probably the ab exercises; but I made do. I also just ordered the new Fit Split workouts. I really like my home gym and couldn't resist. I used my curl bar for a clean and press move and felt ok.

Yesterday I walked again and then did the pool for 20 minutes. It's been over a week since a rest day, so I 'll probably take tomorrow off. I will have to work, so will just try to get steps in.

What are you up to? I had cards and then book club tonight. Ate too much unclean food. Oh well-damage control tomorrow!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.