anyone experienced this?

RhiannonW

Cathlete
Often times during exercise if I take a 20 second break, or when my workout is over, I just break out crying. It's like the endorphins that are supposed to give me a happy 'high', get messed up and do the opposite. It doesn't happen every workout, but often. It seems to be during of after a really hard workout.

Any ides?

((Hug))
Does it happen during hormonal fluctuation times in the month (ovulation, pms, right after period)?
If not, you might have a neurochemical imbalance & I would highly suggest just speaking with your doctor about this and how your mood has been overall, not just during endorphin time. Take a journal and perhaps measure how your mood, levels of sadness, anxiety/feeling overwhelmed and energy is from a scale of 1-10 throughout the day.

(I've lived with an anxiety disorder nearly my whole life and this can tend to happen to me when I slow things down during say, a restorative yoga practice or something.)
Sorry to get 'all serious', but hey, if there is something not quite right and it can be, then you are worth it to find out what might be going on. ;)

Often times during exercise if I take a 20 second break, or when my workout is over, I just break out crying. It's like the endorphins that are supposed to give me a happy 'high', get messed up and do the opposite. It doesn't happen every workout, but often. It seems to be during of after a really hard workout.

Any ides?
This happens to me from time to time, but not often enough that I ever thought to talk to a doctor about it. Elsie poses a good question and I do think that this ties in with my PMS, which can be severe at times. Overall though, exercise always makes me feel better, elevates my mood, eases my PMS and helps me fight depression.

Since this happens often to you, I hope you can get to the root of it.

Thank you for your reply! I wasn't sure anyone would. I will start keeping a journal because what you say here makes a lot of sense. Thank you again. I need to speak with my doctor too - just been putting it off because I don't want to take more hormonal med's.

This happens to me from time to time, but not often enough that I ever thought to talk to a doctor about it. Elsie poses a good question and I do think that this ties in with my PMS, which can be severe at times. Overall though, exercise always makes me feel better, elevates my mood, eases my PMS and helps me fight depression.

Since this happens often to you, I hope you can get to the root of it.

I'm relieved to know I'm not alone with this issue.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.