Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 6/25

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

No workout yesterday, I hope to get back on track today. Agility class was fun.

Valerie, I think I would try the microwave method for peeling. I know when I make it as a regular vegetable, it is really difficult to even slice in half to bake. The ones that you can buy already cubed seem convenient, but they are really more expensive, and now that you and others say that they don't even taste good, I will not be trying them.

Diane Sue, that incident at the post office sounds pretty scary. They were pulled up behind you so you could not get out? I posted a question on KCM's regular forum site, about the RAW workouts...I listed the 4 RAW workouts I could find and asked if that was all...Kelly responded ( one thing about her is she ALWAYS responds and quickly....and reminded me of the cardio, so there are actually 5 right now.

Carolyn, reading and a rainy day just go together don't they? :).

Lori, John came home yesterday evening. He was only there one night. I think I will mess around with my Tower today, to get it ready to try the workouts. I previewed that Live "Lift it Hit It" and it looked good. Sitting outside by the fire sounds like a perfect way to end the day. :).

A workout, and maybe take the dogs for a walk on the trail....

Take care,

Today is a much needed rest day. I am sre all over. More than just a litlle bit in the back an shoulders, well, even chest and ribs. I took an extra dose of Bone Broth Collagen and curcumin along with Advil when i went to bed. I am sure it will be better tomorrow. It is better this morning than last night. We have a birthday after church and may go out on the motorcycle. I think today may be one of the cooler days at 83 this week. I saw 90's in the forcast.
Funny, yesterday when i was using MapMy Fitness, it has this new feature to snap pictures while it is mobitoring your workout. When i stopped it popped up wanting me to take a picture. The last thing i want to do is take a picture of myself at the end of a workou to post. It might scare someone away from wanting to workou ;) i always wondered why someone wants to do that.
Also i rinsed and driained the cubed butternut squash from Sprouts . It felt like it had been blanched. A bit soft. I put coconut oil on it and roasted it till it was a bit brown. It tasted a bit off. Fresh is definitely the way to go.

Deb, the cardio workout on Kellys Raw is Cardio Crush. I did thar one about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Right now she seems to be working on an app and new dvds. Still she has posted coming soon new raw workout, unless it just keeps popping up. I remember when Cathe herslf would answer posts quickly. It just got too big i think for that to be possible. Amy Bento always answered quickly as well.

Today is a semi rest day for me. I did a Chris Freytag Power Flow Yoga. It was 22 minutes which was just enough today.

Diane Sue, I hope you feel better after giving your body a rest. Sometimes with light weight workouts you don't realize how hard you are working. I also think that our bodies tell us when we need a rest. That post office incident sounds very scary. It's unfortunate that we must constantly be on guard even when running simple errands.

Hello to everyone and enjoy your day.

Good morning all!

I did the Fit Tower Boot Camp and loved it. The pace was quick and it moved long. I used 1.5# ankle weights and it was not intentional. I have been so used to putting them on did not realize I had until 1/2 into it. So I went with it. Some high impact moves but not too many. I stocked up on fireloops and bands a while ago and used a brand new blue loop and band. This plus the ankle weight really intensified it. Loved loved loved the pull up section. My son saw me doing them and plans to use the fit tower now. Lol! I am very happy with this workout and can't wait to try the others. Cathe seemed very relaxed to me and I enjoyed this. After this workout I finished out with an 8 min Hiit Bellicon jump then I went back to do the bootcamp stretch. Nice workout today. 57 mins / 473 cal.

Diane Sue..we never got the pool up...it is one of those that has the inflatable ring and this allows it to rise and fill. It is 15ft diameter and i think 48 deep. Well it has a small hole somewhere in the inflatable ring so it collapsed 1/2 filling it. We love our little pool so we called the manufacturer and they will send us another. I know our neighbors laugh (fondly) at us. We are like grandparents with no grandchildren. We used to have a really nice large above ground but it seen too many NE winters so we had to take it down. We then found the perfect spot..a local Inn sold pool passes so we would love going there but they closed last year...my husband thought I was nuts getting this little pool but we ended up having a blast!

Deb...You should be fine with the older tower doing these workouts. I laughed when I got to the mountain climbers at the end as we just discussed these. I found it is harder for me and I feel it more doing the standing one with weights then how she did them with the tower. I wasn't feeling anything so I stopped grabbed my 2# hand weights and did the standing. Hoping John's fishing trip was successful!

We bought GiGi a nice little kiddie pool that we just filled. She loves it and is hysterical in it. We love this dog so much and we are so glad we decided to get her.

Have a great day all!

Back from the birthday party. We were going to go riding around on the motorcycle but it started sprinkling on us so we headed home. I don't know if we will try to go back out. It is only 15% chance. I think we are just going to get spit on again. Just enough to make it humid.

Carolyn, our bodies are good about letting us know that we need to take a rest day or two. Hoping to get my download code tomorrow morning and do a Fit Tower workout.

Lori, I am glad to hear your review of the Fit Tower Boot Camp workout. It sounds fun. I am sorry the floating part of the pool has a hole somewhere. That is disappointing. I remember purchasing one of those long inflatable pools years ago and my daughter and I would go outside and sit in it with the then small grandchildren. It was only 2 foot deep. Before that we had one of those steel walled pools that was 4 foot deep. It was pretty big. We had fenced it off separate from the rest of the yard. It is a nice way to splash around and get cooled off. Now, I just go to our HOA pool or to my daughter's house. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get a replacement. Half full would be a lot of water. I used to dread cleaning the filter and having to treat the water all of the time. Then one year just before I was getting ready to clean it and restart for the summer, we had a hail storm that was bad. The water was about a foot low and it pelted holes in the vinyl liner. We got rid of it and put lawn back in it's place rather than buying another liner. I bet Gigi loved the pool. My daughter used to keep one when she had two saint Bernard dogs. Their names were Tuck and Roll. They loved getting wet and lying in it.

I thought I posted this earlier but must have missed the button.

Deb I thought the precut squash sounded good for fast use in a pinch but it was disappointing . Maybe it will be a future option if the quality gets better. I'm sure I read that brief microwaving made peeling easier. I planned to try it but never did . I have peeled a lot of squash and have the tools. Cheap cleaver and a heavy chef knife plus a sharp peeler.

Took yesterday off and worked the garden until it got too hot. Today will be very hot too so we will do a road ride early.

Back a few hours later to say we did the road ride early and were back her by 10:30 after 25 miles. this is the last hot day, so we will look forward to cooler temps. it was about 88 degrees yesterday and for me that is overwhelming. riding early today worked well as we were done before it heated up.
that post office thing is creepy. I write down license numbers and take pics ( not obviously) whenever anything makes me uneasy.

same thing happened with the precut squash I bought. it was almost slimy when I opened the package with good dating but I didn't use it. when you peel and cut up squash, you end up handling it a lot so I am cautious. I assume pre cut is automated somehow but I never looked at it again.
Ha!!. like I would take a picture of myself after a bike ride when the helmet comes off! or after a long hard hike. no no one wants to see that!

Last edited:
Good morning,

Yesterday I did S&S PHA Training. I tried to do a Live workout, but they would not play for some reason. It would start, then immediately jump back to the Chromecast home screen...:(. I tried rebooting my phone, resetting the router etc but nothing worked. I will have to contact the tech support some time today. Ugh.

Diane Sue, it sounds like a rest day yesterday for you was a good idea. As for the Bone Broth Collagen, I keep trying to use it, but can't stand the taste. I am going to toss it. You have the same flavor right? How do you use yours? I don't think I would like an app that snaps pics on its own.

Carolyn, yoga is good for a semi-rest day.

Lori, thanks for the review. Now you will have competition for the Tower...:). Has your son tried the jumpsport yet? That's too bad about the pool. Is this something you just put on grass, no sand base needed etc? I don't think I ever used the Tower for pull ups in STS. I have a door pull up bar and those assist straps. How cute that Gigi has her own pool. Our other fox terriers used to like the little baby pool we would get for them, but these 2 don't like it at all. I would keep tossing toys into the pool to get them to go in, Keegan would ignore it altogether, and Kylee would go in, just to get the toy out then jump out. She would give me a disgusted look to say. " why do you keep putting my toys in that annoying water thing?"...

Valerie, will you be going to the other house any time soon?

Puppy class this morning, then our class later tonight...

Take care,

Deb, I purchased the vanilla collagen the last two times and this time I just got the pure collagen. I either mix it into my Amazing grass greens powder or some nut butter with melted chocolate chips and unsweetened coconut flakes. It is fine in smoothies, but I prefer to eat my calories for the most part. The reason I went for the plain one this time is just in case I want to stir it into my coffee. That is what I have done in the past. I don't use that much water in my greens powder which is already sweet and adding the collagen makes it too sweet to me. It is a shame to throw it out. You can use some in baked dishes and soups as well. The app just pops up the screen to prompt you to snap a picture and you have to click the back arrow to get out of it. I hope that is just a temporary thing since it is something new that they added. I know how frustrating it can be trying to do a workout and having to stop and mess with the technology, only to end up doing a dvd. Good luck with the technicians. It was the technicians that the lady I talked to was supposed to check with to give me a code. I still don't have my download code.

Diane Sue, mine is the regular flavored bone broth collagen....it smells and tastes like old beef stock or something, It is not sweet at all. I have tried it in just water, in my vanilla protein powder, in oatmeal. Nothing disguises the flavor. This is the one that I swear I ordered the chocolate and got this one instead.

Deb we are going back in the middle of July. we have furniture ordered and also window coverings. we found out last visit that the afternoon sun is incredibly strong. it is wide open, no trees or shrubs. we are getting the honeycomb shades (duette) in semi opaque to cut the glare and insulate against heat and cold. I am only doing blinds, no curtains. we have always been do-it-yourselfers but are paying to have blinds done this time. also furniture delivered. I am fine with moving furniture around once it's there, and delivery is free since we ordered enough.

so funny how some dogs love water and others don't like it at all.

Going for a ride again this morning. temps are back to normal with mid 70's.

Last edited:
Today I did Party Rockin Step #1 54 minutes, 348 calories, heart rate average 138/max 170. I then did Strong and Sweaty Bonus Abs 13 minutes, 55 calories. Total time 67 minutes, 403 calories. Today I have house cleaning to catch up on. I have spent so much time with the woodwork varnishing etc. that cleaning is priority.

Deb, I purchased the chocolate Bone Broth Protein recently and was glad when it was gone. I only like the vanilla. The collagen I got does not smell good. None of the collagen powders smell good. It is the plain pure one without any flavors or sweeteners. I have been using vanilla collagen powder the last two times I purchased. I use it every day because it keeps my joints from hurting. Another mix I have done is nut butter with honey for the moistures and then the collagen and mashing in some cherry dried cranberries. I use both the bone broth protein powder and the bone broth collagen powder. I am afraid to try some of the other flavors of the bone broth protein after tasting the chocolate. There is a banana one, coffee, and an Apple one.

Valerie, the July trip and getting your furniture in and blinds up sounds like fun. I am sure you will enjoy seeing it all come together.

Today I did IMAX 2, 56 minutes and 405 calories. Average heart rate was 127 and maximum heart rate was 151. My dvds did not come in today's mail, but I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. It will probably be two more days.

Diane Sue, I hope you have your download codes by now.

Deb, that beefy smell is what I hate with the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. I put it in a cup of green tea and can drink it without a problem.

Greetings to all and wishing you a wonderful afternoon.

Diane Sue, we were checking in at the same time again! I can see how adding the collagen powder to nut butter might be a good way to try it. I like to mix almond butter with cacao powder and a little honey when I have a craving for something "more" as a dessert substitute.

I just got my mail and the Fit Tower dvds are here:) No download code though. I guess i may have to contact them again.
I will post a recipe Dr Axe had for the bone broth protien for bars that I have made before. I made half a recipe today using the bone broth collagen powder and subbing walnuts and cherry dried cranberries. It worked. I think the thing is to have a butter that gets solid when cold. I might try a nut butter some time. I would have to get one that they don't add extra oils to, to make it spread They use dried blueberries but the pictures show blueberries in a basket. I did half a recipe because these donhave ablot of calories and fat and i tend to want more than one.

Carolyn, inlooked at the Vital proteins again before ordering. I was trying to find a good product that sidnt cos so much. I believe Vital proteins is just bovine collagen and would be type 1 and 3? I know it is recommended ona lot ofNutrition sites. Nut butter is an excellent way to mix some bone broth powder or protein into. I use honey a lot in the mixture. B i do thst
a lot wh r n i am wanting a cookie orpiece of candy snack. I love it and it

Bone Broth Protein Blueberry Macadamia Bar Recipe

Total Time: 2 hours

Serves: 8–10

INGREDIENTS:1 cup coconut butter (melted)1⁄2 cup raw honey1 teaspoon vanilla extract1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt1⁄2 cup dried blueberries1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped4 scoops of Pure Bone Broth Protein Powder** add 3 tablepoons water for consistency as neededDIRECTIONS:Whisk together butter, honey, vanilla and sea salt.Add protein powder and combine.Add remaining ingredients and combine.Pour into a greased loaf pan.Refrigerate 1–2 hours and cut into bar shapes.
i did not use any water and they are easier to keep together when pressing in the pan if the nuts are chopped up small.

I am glad I gained five pounds, and I have to keep it on. I know I could stand to gain another five. I did bi's, tri's and back today. Beautiful darling daughter called me, and I miss her. I am up in Catskill, and she is in Staten Island.

I am glad I gained five pounds, and I have to keep it on. I know I could stand to gain another five. I did bi's, tri's and back today. Beautiful darling daughter called me, and I miss her. I am up in Catskill, and she is in Staten Island.

Good evening ladies,

Today was a rest day. Needed it after the weights this weekend. Tomorrow going to do a Fit Fusion workout which is a mix and match combination of all three workouts. I saw that Cathe mentioned she made one on the workout blender. I had already started making my own and thought that was a perfect name so will be calling mine the same. :)

Diane Sue...yes it was such a waste of water when it collapsed. We loved our large pool but the wall had collapsed due to all the snow we received thru out the years. Hoping our little pool is replaced quickly. GiGi loves her pool. While we fill it she chases the hose around and tries to catch it. It is really funny to watch. Tuck and Roll...love it!!!!!! Glad the DVD's arrived so at least you can start with the workouts. I would email or call them again about the code. I bet they were inundated with calls this past weekend.

Valerie...that is some hot temps to be riding in. When I wear a helmet or a hat I get serious hat head. So I hear you there.

Carolyn...you have made me want to pull out Imax2! The music in this one is so much fun. I think Cathe has her hair in little ponytails too? Hoping your DVD's arrive soon. I am going to really like this series and I am happy with this purchase. I did not really use S&S so I hesitated when these first came out for presale. It was a good decision for me.

Caitlyn...congrats on the 5lbs. Gaining weight can be as hard as loosing weight. So hi five!

Deb...yes my son has used the jumpsport and loves it. Now that the weather has been nice he prefers to run outside. He will jump if the weather is poor. He likes doing the power jump workouts. For the pool we use a little bit of sand. Then a tarp, then pool on top of that. When we had the larger pool we used plenty of sand and we took it down we had this huge sand circle in the middle of the yard. (Smaller one is in a different area). So I edged it with some small paving stone and then built a stone fire pit in the middle. It came out really nice and looks like the sand was meant for it. Love when things all come together.

Have a great night all! Hi to Judy!

I was looking at the Collagen powder that I purchased from Dr Axe, and it looks like there are different types. Mine is not the pure one. It just says Bone Broth Protein on it an is a burgundy container. On the corner it says type 2 Chicken Collagen. I had wanted the older Collagen that is 5 types of collagen in one but it was not available. I think they may be phasing it out. I saw it as an item to spend points on. I contemplated one of the sampler packs that are 15 dollars for the different flavors, but I am pretty certain I would not like the turmeric bone broth protein and I have had the chocolate and vanilla. That would just leave the apple cinnamon and banana. Banana seems to have decent reviews. Funny, I saw others were not liking the chocolate either. To use mine I finally mixed organic peanut butter into it and I try to avoid peanut butter, but that way I used it up. I want to check out these new dvds this evening. I still have finished the wood trim downstairs as far as stain and up the stairwell. Still have upstairs and to finish varnishing. The baths really need it. Well, not the one with the new cabinet, but the other two.

Caitlin, that is nice that you got to talk to your daughter. I missed my children and grandchildren a lot when I lived 100 miles away and would come and spend some time once a month when the weather was good for driving. I am glad that you were able to gain some of the weight back.

Lori, I have never used the workout manager for trying to put together workouts. I am clueless on how I would do it. I guess I need to go look at it. Yes, I am happy that I got my workouts so quickly. Tomorrow I will try to contact them again. I thought since she said she had to talk to the technician for the code, that they were probably busy getting the On Demand and workout manager etc. all set up. You made good use of your sand area. We had dug down a foot ourselves and spent so much time, that my husband finally paid someone to come out and help finish. It needed more leveling the ground area. The winds were high and we could not get it all set up. It took several guys to finish. We had put up a 4 foot fence and river rock around the pool area.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. I did get the new DVD's and previewed some of the Total Body one. I also dug out my Tower, and set it up where it will be the most useful for the workouts. My Live streaming only works on the newer workouts, the older ones almost start, then it pops back to the Chromecast home screen. I know someone else (Aqua Girl?) is having this problem, so I will go over to that thread. Glad I didn;t call Google and hang on the line for hours to find out it wasn't them.

Diane Sue, mine isn't the "Pure"...it just has Bone Broth Collagen on the label with no flavor. I wonder if there is a difference. Do you think this is a good substitute for protein powder? Do you just mix a scoop of the stuff in a bowl or something with nut butter? then eat it like that? how much nut butter? Probably can't make those bars with the collagen, instead of the protein powder. Thanks for the info on the new RAW workout. Will have to check it out.

Valerie, I think it will be lovely not having drapes but able to block out the sun when you want to.

Carolyn, I hope your DVD's come soon. I guess the beefy smell comes from the bone broth, it is very distinctive and noticeable to me. :(.

Caitlin, good that you were able to gain some of the weight back How long a drive is it between where you are and your daughter in Staten Island?

Lori, that is cute that Gigi chases the hose. Mine run to the door to go in if I get close to them with the hose. LOL.

Class this morning with Kylee....

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.