Who cares - April

Just a quick check in, I'm beat, 18 miles with the neighbor. Murphy, go you! Jody, lol on t-rex. That trip sounds nice, I think I just don't have any vacation planning mojo. Ronne, DH work is mad too, I don't miss all the work crap. Mary, I should pull weeds, not my favorite thing, I quit after 3 didn't come up by the roots, grrrr

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

HI girls! Today did another Cathe live. Lisa, ick weeding! So frustrating, it's a never ending battle. (I'm having memory loss! I can't remember what everyone wrote earlier!). Haha! Ronne, I remembered you have lots of work. Which is good! Murphy, is going to do STS again. Which I should do too. Jody, stress with kids. It's never ending and we can't fix it with fruit snacks anymore. Oh! That position in the lung lab,did you try it and not like it? That is one good thing about medical field, we can try out so many different things. Roxie, are you moving soon? Hi Tracey! Thanks for calling us fit babes, make me happy when I see it! Hope I did ok! Mary

HI girls! Today did another Cathe live. Lisa, ick weeding! So frustrating, it's a never ending battle. (I'm having memory loss! I can't remember what everyone wrote earlier!). Haha! Ronne, I remembered you have lots of work. Which is good! Murphy, is going to do STS again. Which I should do too. Jody, stress with kids. It's never ending and we can't fix it with fruit snacks anymore. Oh! That position in the lung lab,did you try it and not like it? That is one good thing about medical field, we can try out so many different things. Roxie, are you moving soon? Hi Tracey! Thanks for calling us fit babes, make me happy when I see it! Hope I did ok! Mary

Mary-not unto the end of May

Hi fit babes! (I'm glad this makes you happy Mary and you did good!) A friend of mine told me that Cathe Live is harder than her dvds so you go!! I don't have kids to miss or get stressed about but DH and my doggie can do it to me! I don't think I have a high threshold for stress, oh, wait, I do. You ought to meet some of the people I work with....

Thank you all for going easy on me about posting! I love coming here but can't always when I wanna!

Jody, you crack me up! You are welcome to show up on my doorstep, especially when summer arrives! That's not until July 5th and it ends in early Oct, if we're lucky! I don't do much in the winter outdoor-wise although I have snow shoes and love doing that. In the summer I hike and like to kayak if I have someone to go with. I live an hour south of Seattle and an hour and a half north of Portland and despite my whining about rain, I really love it here. (We just had record rain and snow this year.) I've also got a house on some land that needs a lot of attention (we're doing projects to make it low maintenance, LOL) so DH and I are outside a lot too, and boy, do we have a lot if icky weeds. :rolleyes:

WOW Lisa, you cycling maniac!! I understand you missing the fit chick of 10 years ago but also embracing your new fit chick. :D I am grateful for what I can do, and realize I'm luckier than many people. In that sense, I don't mind getting older because I have a lot to be proud of, as everyone here does! I also LOLed about your pillow thievery. My supervisor's shiba is about 30 pounds so she said she'd never fit in a bike basket!

Hi Murphy! Do you usually workout with one series for a while and then go to a different one? I jump around a lot and like rotations so I won't keep picking my favorites over and over again.

Ronne, good going on the rest when you got your cold! For me, I go back and forth with being easy on myself and then trying to be like Cathe! But I try to remember that she's an expert and will always be able to go heavier than I ever will. I'm loving the S&S series because I feel she wasn't as tough in it as she was in say, Rw/H.

Ran with doggie Basil yesterday and Supercuts today. Haven't slept really well the last 2 nights so hopefully, this night's a charm. :)

Have an awesome rest of your week!

Hello! Quick post before work, did a hiit workout this morning, (before work! What???). Hope everyone has a great day! More time tomorrow! Mary

Hi all

I never made it here yesterday, time just got away from me.

Mary - I also get the feeling that Cathe Live is more difficult than the DVDs whenever I look at the clips.

Tracey - hope you got a better night's sleep. That's more important than anything. I try and do rotations from time to time, I find they're the best way to make sure I keep balanced.

Lisa - taking a day off cycling?

Jody - DD doesn't start her exams till May 16th and they last for a month. So everything is focused on revision at the moment. They're important because they affect what kids do from 16 onwards. I know what you mean about the worries that change as they get older. It seems to me that life is harder in some ways for young people these days. I think there's so much more pressure on them in all kinds of ways.

Hi Murphy & Roxie.

I didn't get a workout in yesterday. Today I did ICE Biceps & Back MM. I did just one set of deadlifts and skipped the rest (keeping my sensible hat on). Weather is all over the place here, really April. Sunny and bright one moment, hailstones the next!

Hi all. Did Great Glutes today. I am trying to plan early for bathing suit season. With all of my up and down with exercising over this past year and half or so, I feel like I need to hit every area hard. It seems to be working, my butt isn't as low to the ground as it used to be! :)

Ronne - The weather is all over the place here too. You really have to check the weather each day - versus a two or three day forecast. It changes from minute to minute.
Mary - I try to do HiiT's in the morning. I feel like I have more energy to get it done - usually that's only in my mind!
Tigger - I usually try to do a rotation if it appeals to me and I have the dvd's. This month I got sidetracked and decided to do my own thing.
Roxie - How did I miss the move? For a second I thought we wouldn't hear from you again because you are moving and then reality set in - we are on computers, we will hear from her again. I am so losing my mind.
Mary - I often think about the Cathe live but just never went for it. The clips do look harder than the dvd's.
Jody - Are you still doing all that walking/walkathons or did I read that wrong?
Lisa - How are you feeling with all the cycling?

Murphy

I'm not feeling too chatty, but I'll try. Yesterday, ctx ub. Today 45 min spinning. Hoping to be out if my funk soon, weather isn't helping, grey, rainy, maybe snow.
Murphy, I was beat yesterday, I so needed to rest and that gave me good excuse to not clean either! Ronne, bingo! Mary, I sleep in most days until 7. Kid you not, cycling had been so much better for my sleep. Tracy, hope you got some sleep .

Hello! Today DH and I went to the gym, he swam (triathlon season is starting) I did the cross elliptical (goes side to side) and the treadmill. Lisa, no wonder you are exhausted! You are really racking up the miles! Murphy, you gave me a chuckle about Roxie! Cathe live sometimes is harder than the DVDs, there are more water breaks tho. It does my heart good to hear her get a little winded tho! Ronne, is DD getting nervous about the exams? So young to have to decide their future. Jody, how's work?? Tracey, hello!! Gotta walk the dogs! Have a good evening! Mary

Good Evening,

We went and looked at houses yesterday and found four duplexes because that is all that is available that were nice and the rent was about 950 a month on all of them so at least the housing is falling in to line. DH and I went for a walk to kill time waiting to met oldest DD and her family neorealism supper.

Murphy-to funny about the computer but I like Lisa am in a funk due to the cold rainy cloudy weather it's time for it to warm up.

Lisa- the cold can't last forever right?

Mary-you are a busy lady

Lisa, why are you feeling glum?
Mary, work is ok, but I let the bronch thing slip through my fingers while someone else actively pursued it. No regrets at this time though in the long run it would have been good to have.
Murphy I'm using my Fitbit step count at work. Yesterday was about 10K steps which translates to about 4.2 miles apparently. 13K steps on Wed.
Roxie, glad you are finding something that will work for you plus walk w/ hubby sounds nice.
Ronne, I agree, that is a lot of pressure. How is she holding up? I do think your system seems sensible in some ways, as I understand it. But still a lot of angst! Though better prep for life and work past 18?
Tracy, are you doing xeroscape? xenoscape? In FL that means not planting grass and I don't know what else but looks cool but a lot of work to get it g

Hair salon highlights today, plus?? I'm just hoping to get DD off to Euro/Africa in a few weeks. TTYL if I do a real workout.--->
I did a 28 min walk jog sprint after I posted.

Last edited:
Hello! Today did a Julia workout. I have to go into work to do my yearly competencies, hope the teacher passes! Jody, that sounded like an intense position, although I do have to admit vents and trachs make me nervous, most likely because I don't work with them that much. Just intimidating. Roxie, glad you found something that you like! Lisa, feeling better today? Is it raining out that way? That always makes me sluggish. Ronne, what fun are you getting into? Murphy, any big vacations planned with the kids, or better just you and DH? Hi Tracey!! All right, gotta get to my testing, wish me luck! Mary

HI girls! Feeling a bit better, probably for a few reasons. 1. Sun was out this morning but supposed to get snow tomorrow. 2. I'm well rested (slept 10 hrs!) 3. I had a great 60 min spinning workout 4. It's friday...DH has been so busy with work he hasn't been able to sneek away for a ride and now this weekend crappy weather, but at least he won't be stressed with work...hopefully, he's had to get on calls the last couple of saturdays.

Mary, rain normally dries before it hit the ground here, and yes it's been grey, it's grey again, typical spring weather. The teacher better pass! :).

Jody, that step count is good! I don't get many steps these days, my darn foot/ankle will hurt if I do more than 10K steps 3 days in a row, especially if up hills, you'd think I'd be over this tendonitis by now! Thank goodness for the cycling. Speaking of cycling, if you or anyone want to try that Peloton App on the Ipad I can add 1 more person to my acct. PM me if anyone is interested. I tried to get my hiking buddy trying it on the treadmill, I doubt she has, and my neighbor who has taught spin in the past seems to be critical of the instructors, I think they are fabulous. I thought someone here may like it. I'm so into it!

Roxie, I don't mind a little grey/rain, but the many days in a row is hard!

Hellos to everyone else! Have a great weekend, I so hope the weather forecast isn't as intense as they are saying!

Good Evening,

Walk on the treadmill this morning. It was nice here but the temp is suppose to drop into the forties this weekend so ready for warmer weather. I thought giving my notice early was being nice but I am being treated like crap so ready for my last day.

We got about 5 inches of snow! I did XT CBS and 45 min of spinning. Going to cozy up on the couch the rest of the day!

Roxie, when's your last day? Hopefully soon!

Hi fit babes! I think I'm going to have to get on my IPad while I'm at work to keep up with you ladies! :D But knowing me, I will likely forget to do that. :rolleyes:

Good going on the morning workout Mary! The only time I can do that is on the weekends after I sleep in and enjoy some breakfast. Good luck on your testing!!! A friend of mine loves Cathe live, I'm glad to hear she gives lots of water breaks. I've always put my own in! I haven't tried Cathe live for one reason really. I am really stuck on needing to know which weights I'm going to pick up for the next move. If I go too low, I feel I've wasted my time and I don't want to injure myself by going too high. That's why I love the new guides Cathe has been putting together for each series, I know what's coming up and I don't have to preview the workouts anymore. (Yes, I have referred to myself as anal preview girl in the past!)

Hi Ronne! I did get some sleep and even more so this weekend and finally feel rested. I was beat by Friday! I take melatonin and a benedryl to help about an hour before bed. It works for me but I forgot one night and that affected the rest of the week, bleah. Even though I don't have kids, I have friends that do and I think things are harder for them now.

Murphy, I forgot to mention that I love Bugs Bunny! He rocks. :) I do rotations that appeal to me too and am making more of an effort to do them now. That's because I failed to do a heavy weight leg workout for a month doing my own thing. That was downright painful when I finally did one! Glad your booty is higher too.

Roxie, were you able to get one of the duplexes you looked at? I'm sorry about your employer, that's really lousy to be treated like that. :( I imagine you will never recommend them to a friend now, huh? We usually panic when someone is leaving! That's knowledge going out the door...I bet May 20 can't get here soon enough.

Jody we get so much rain here that we have to landscape with something or we are just a plot of weeds! We have a little patch of grass though, and lots of gravel, barkdust, and colored rock. And some plants too. We even bought deer resistant plants and they've done their best to destroy them anyway. :rolleyes: And the weeds still come. Birds often drop seeds everywhere as well and things just grow like crazy. I've seen a lot of fenced gardens around here! Awesome job on those steps! I can't get a fitbit, I'd be too obsessive with it!

Lisa, I'm glad you are feeling better! 5 inches of snow though? Yikes! We have a lot of retirees that escape to the sunnier climates in the winter. I hope I'll be able to do that as well. It is gray here day after day for months and it gets to all of us.

I did Afterburn and S&S Giant Sets the next day and then took BB (baby Basil) for a long walk/jog and totally overdid it! Did one of Cathe's fit tower workouts from last year the next day and some stretching. Took BB out this a.m. and it was so windy that his sniffer went a little crazy!

Have a great week!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.