5-day ICE/X-train/Yoga hybrid starts 6/27/16

Xtrain legs today. Per the hybrid I created, it was standing and floor only. It was tough. I slept late today, so I made sure to have a protein smoothie ahead of time to give me more energy than I had last Saturday, and that definitely helped. But, I just don't like to eat before a workout, as I feel slightly sick. Waiting 30 minutes after eating wasn't quite enough, but I knew if I waited much longer, there was a danger of me not getting my workout in!

I guess I needed the sleep. My dogs had gotten me up at 6:45 to let them out, and I was going to get up then, but decided to lie back down "for a little bit" and woke 3 hours later! I never sleep that long.

I can't believe that next week will already be Week 5 of my hybrid. I really like only having 5 days a week of a workout.

Week 5 hybrid schedule:

Monday - Xtrain Bi's and Tri's
Tuesday - Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast
Wednesday - Low Impact Series Yoga Relax
Thursday - ICE Chiseled Upper Body
Friday - Rest Day
Saturday - ICE Rock 'em Sock 'em Kickbox (yea!)

Yesterday, I did Bis and Tri's. Great workout. I did go up either in reps or weights on most things.

Today, I did NOT do Cardio Leg Bast. I had the hardest trouble falling asleep last night, so I felt like I needed to stay in bed and get more rest. Surprisingly, FitBit says I was only restless 3 times, but I felt like I was tossing and turning all night!

I've been sticking to my workouts, and today was the start of Week 6.

Today, I had the Chest bonus from ICE Metabolic Total Body on my calendar. I don't know if I purposely did that when I made my calendar or I was supposed to do that in addition to MTB, but I chose to walk my dogs and then do the chest bonus since I was short on time. :)

Tomorrow, I've got ICE Low Impact Sweat
Wednesday - LIS Yoga Max

I'll post the rest of the week's workouts tomorrow.

I did Cardio 1 from ICE Low Impact Sweat today. I like that one because it lives up to it's name. Followed it up with Icy Core 2.

I'm bummed that my achilles gets flared every time I do any sort of cardio these days. I'm really trying to keep it from getting too bad. I might have to switch to swimming or jogging in the pool for a while??

Tomorrow is Yoga Max from the Low Impact Series.

Yoga Max today. I'm glad I did the entire workout! I want to try and make sure to get at least 1 yoga in per week going forward, maybe 2 (aka, after I am done with my hybrid).

Workout for the rest of the week:

Thurday: X10; X-train bonus set Back
Friday: rest day
Saturday: X-train burn sets bis and tris

I had a really great workout on Thursday. First of all, I got a walk with the dogs in. Then, came back to do Workout #2 Low Impact Cardio from X10. With the warm up and stretch, that was supposed to be 24 minutes. It was a bit shorter because I skipped the stretch to go right into the Bonus Back workout (burn sets back) from Xtrain. Then, did my own stretch at the end. Total of 65+ minutes, and I felt like I brought some good effort.

Today was a rest day, so I slept in a bit and then walked the dogs.

Tomorrow, arms!

Great job today with Burn Set Bis and Tris. Its funny, but my right arm is stronger in my bicep/left for triceps. I tried raising the weight on one bicep move. I did it, but I really felt it in my right arm -- and I can still feel it. Which is surprising, since that is my stronger side. However, that is also the arm that I was in physical therapy for months on with problems with my ulna nerve. So, I'd probably better remember to take it easy.

So - 1/2 of my hybrid done. I will admit to being a little bored of Cathe, but I will wait and see, as I've put in a few different workouts in the coming weeks. I also bought a new program - 20-minute body. If that comes soon, I may decide to move over to that for a bit of a change. We'll see.

Monday was X-train legs. Before the workout, I took my dogs for a walk, so then I came back and did Standing and Ball/chair section. I don't know what it was - maybe the walk did a good job of warming me up - but I was able to go deeper for the dixie cup move and the low pulse lunges, both of which actually usually hurt me because I don't think my body is meant to bend the way it is needed for those moves. Overall, I was able to get deeper on everything standing, so much so that when I got to the one-legged dead lifts, I had to keep my back foot on the floor. I was just so taxed that I would not have been able to do one leg deadlift.

Today was Tabatacize. First, I did a short dog walk, then back for Tabatas 1 & 2 and part of core. Those who've read my posts know that I just don't like to do core, so after about 3 or 4 moves, I just held a plank for a while and then was done. Went out and mowed the grass -- we have an old-fashion push mower (no motor), so it was another good workout. Then, it was the 1st day of school, so I got in more steps walking son #3 to school.

Tomorrow is Yoga Relax. Yea!

Some travel and travel hiccups had me miss a few days of my workouts.

End of Week 7 was supposed to be:
Thursday - ICE Chiseled Upper Body (I did an abbreviated version of this)
Friday - rest day
Saturday - Super Cuts (missed due to travel)

Week 8 (which is this week) looks like this:

Monday - Cardio of choice (missed due to travel, but got some swimming and walking in)
Tuesday - Xtrain Burn sets - Chest/Back/Shoulders (missed due to travel)
Wednesday - LIS Yoga Max (yea, did this one)
Thursday - Xtrain Bis and Tris
Friday - rest day
Saturday - ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast

I think I will do Saturday's workout on Friday, because we have a lot going on Saturday (hosting the entire cross country team for breakfast and then friend over later in the day).

I did get my 20-minute Body workout in the mail. I might start next week and push the last 5 weeks of my hybrid out, but I can't decide at this point. I'm really glad I got the yoga workout in this morning. It felt good to get some sort of movement in. I think the very hot summer heat is getting to me, so there is also the possibility I will stick with my hybrid, taking days off or subbing with swimming/walking as I feel is needed. The heat is very draining, and I've been outside a lot trying to get our house and pool in order for Saturday. We were in California this weekend, and it was SOOO nice being in 70-degree weather vs. the 110 we are having here. I want to make sure I am physically and mentally focused before I start my new program. That just might be a matter of a few days, getting re-acclimated to my surroundings or waiting until the heat diminishes just a bit.

Hi:

So - I realize that I only have 4 weeks left of my 12-week hybrid, but I've decided to shift gears and do 20-minute Body. That will take me through the 3rd week in October, and if I follow the schedule, it is 6 days a week of workouts, with one rest day. I have the option to take another rest day, but I think I will try and do the workout they suggested. With warm up and cool down, the workouts are closer to 30 minutes. I am going to try to add in walking my dogs on at least 4 days of the week as well. After having done ICE and then X-train, the then 8 weeks of the hybrid, I just want to mix things up a bit.

After I am done, I will decide on what I want to do after that.

Hello!

So, I started 20-minute body. The trainer is Brett Hoebel, who did RevAbs for Beachbody. My husband and I got good results with RevAbs, and I was looking for a shorter program, so I wanted to try this.

I enjoyed the first workout in that it was low impact but really got my heart rate up there. Plus, muscle and core work, all in less than 30 minutes.

If you don't like Brett's style, you might think him a little annoying in the workout, but I'm ok with it. Of course, it's only Day 1, so I will have to see how it goes.

I've continued with the 20-minute body program this week. Tuesday and Wednesday were two different workouts. All are low-impact, 30-minutes. My husband would argue that yesterday's workout was not all low impact, as there were jumping lunges and these ski moves, but those kinds of things don't really bother me.

Today was an optional rest day, and I chose to do Cathe LIS Yoga Relax. My body could use the stretch.

Also, I've been adding in 25 minutes of walking when the weather cooperates. I'm down a few pounds in a few days. Yea!

Today was another 20-minute body workout called Primal Moves or something to that effect (Primal Movement?). Anyway, this was the same workout I did on Monday, so I wasn't sure about doing it twice, but when it started, it all came back to me. Good workout to do twice in a week, with other workouts in between, because this is the workout where we use weights and do 3 rounds of 6 exercises for various body parts. Dynamic movement to really get the heart rate up there.

Tomorrow is Cardio Capoiera. After that, the next 2 weeks will be identical to this week.

Yesterday, I did the Cardio Capoiera bonus DVD that came with the program. It is actually scheduled on the calendar, so I am not sure why they consider it a bonus.

Anyway, Saturday workouts are always harder for me because I wake up earlier and have less energy since it's been longer without food. I was grateful that I only had a 30-minute workout to look forward to, but I still thought it would be hard. I was glad that the workout was good to get my heart rate up there but not super intense. If you've every done RevAbs, the workout was a lot like Rev It Up (I think that's the name), which is the cardio workout that comes with that program. Shorter, true, but similar.

So far, a lot of thte 20-minute program is reminiscent of Rev Abs, but with the shorter workouts I appreciate.

The flu has had me sidelined since Monday, so I've done no workout except a few yoga stretches on Tuesday AM. Sadly, being sick has not contributed to any weight loss. :)

I never "call in sick" to my workouts; but with the flu, I gotta. I might just start at the beginning of 20-minute body next week. I was only a week into it anyway.

So, turns out last week that I had Strep Throat, not really the flu. I'm still on antibiotics and still sort of recovering from it. But, I lost an entire week of working out trying to rest and recover.

I decided to start over the 20-minute body program, and I started yesterday. After taking my dogs for a walk, I did Primal Movements. Instead of 10-lb. weights, I went down to 8 pounds. I didn't know how I would feel, and I'm still recuperating. I did finish the workout, but I kept it slower on the reps and intensity.

Today, after walking the dogs, I did the 4x4, but I only did 2 rounds of it. I still feel tired winded. So, I'm not going to overdo it. I think the meds make me feel a bit dizzy, too. So, one day at a time! I will get there!!!

Today's workout was 30 Hi 30 Low. I did 3 of 4 rounds. Still trying not to push it too hard as I continue on antibiotics and I and my whole family get past whatever illness is lingering. No walk today because it rained, but I will be out later getting some walking in my my sons' cross country meet. Hoping it doesn't start raining again!

The log on for this site has been weird; it doesn't keep me logged on. Then, it says I have an invalid name/password but then lets me on anyway.

I've been keeping up with 20-minute Body, though I did miss two workouts last week, one day because I was tired and another day because my 12-yo had a party sleepover, so the living room was filled with 12 year olds.

Back at it today with Primal Movements. This is Week 3, and I'm supposed to move to Phase 2 tomorrow. I'm going to see how well I follow this week before I decide to move on. I might add in an extra week of Phase 1.

The log on for this site has been weird; it doesn't keep me logged on. Then, it says I have an invalid name/password but then lets me on anyway.

I've been keeping up with 20-minute Body, though I did miss two workouts last week, one day because I was tired and another day because my 12-yo had a party sleepover, so the living room was filled with 12 year olds.

Back at it today with Primal Movements. This is Week 3, and I'm supposed to move to Phase 2 tomorrow. I'm going to see how well I follow this week before I decide to move on. I might add in an extra week of Phase 1.
Try logging in on the forum instead of the workout manager? That did it for me.

Beth

Continued with the program today with the 4x4. That is a love/hate workout for me. I really don't love doing the moves; I find that capoeira moves to be hard. However, I like that it is a challenge that gets my heart rate up there and it also is great for the legs and butt!

Continuing tomorrow with the hi/lo workout, which is more HIIT cardio. Then, the rest day is Thursday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.