Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 6/26

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning all,

I spent about 5 hours at the hospital yesterday, no change. Still no rain...:(

Valerie, I feel for you. It seems like your sister just does not want to help herself. You can only do so much. I am sure Milwaukee has services like those mentioned here....but if she will not take the steps needed to arrange for them, then maybe she doesn't really want the help. So sad. Even our local library has free computer classes for learning how to do email, look u[ things on line etc. They even have free classes on Word and other programs. Agree on the theory of allergies, due to lack of exposure to bacteria.

Diane Sue, what will you do with the local pollen? That app looks like it would be fun, is it connected to your Polar HRM somehow? or something you just sign into and record into like MFP?

It looks like everyone must be busy doing summer activities!

A workout, then yard work today. We need to just straighten out the "stuff" and put it away. Our yard is all weeded, mowed, etc, but for some reason we leave all the stuff out, so it always looks like a "work in progress"....tools, bags of mulch etc...that is what I want to clean up today.

What is up for everyone today?

Take care,

Good morning!

Yesterday I needed to catch up on the SB Summer Challenge I have been doing and wanted to get to several of her workouts that I missed. One of them is a hamstring target on the ball. This one gets me good. Always feel it the next day. Today I am going to do some Pop Sugar workouts based on 2 Lazy 4 the Gym's reviews. They look good and I am going to try out one of the Jessica Smith's workouts from the set I purchased. This way I will know if I can need to make further modifcations for a couple of the lunch ladies.

Valerie...you are getting slack for not making her purchases? Doesn't sound like anyone else is helping with anything.

Deb...so sorry with what you are going thru very sad to see a loved one suffer. We have had no rain either. Everything is turning brown. My husband has been watering the lawn like a crazy person.

Lynda..GOT!! Sad this season is over already. Going to rewatch it at some point. Weather has been so nice! I am loving this. If we could just get some rain at night it would be perfect.

Diane Sue...thanks showing the picture of the polar app. I completely forgot polar has an app. I downloaded and will try it out this morning. Love that it has so many workouts to select. Most apps are limited to running, walking cycling, weight and circuit with a few others. The Polar has everything even ballet!

Have a great day all! Enjoy the day!

Deb, you just need a bluetooth heartrate monitor. I think Fit bit might work. I just put on my strap with the bluetooth Transmitter, set up my tablet, turn on the app that I paired with my transmitter, and I can see the graph, calories, and heartrate as I am working out. It saves it when I am done and will e mail me at the end of the week how many calories and hours I worked out during the week.

Lori, I like the app before but they have added so much more to it. I had tried map my fitness and liked polar so much more.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can explain this.
It seems H ordered things for my sister thru amazon Prime. didn't charge sister for shipping even though the books themselves usually amount to only a few cents, but with the 3rd party sellers, there is still a shipping charge. H is sarcastic about the kind of books my sister wants and impatient with her, but was not charging her for anything. I never asked exactly how my sister was doing things thru H.
so sister started having me do the orders. at first we didn't have prime, but even after we signed up, I let my sister pay for the books plus shipping not realizing the cousin H had been quietly absorbing the costs. I didn't know at first .... thought somehow H got it free thru Prime. after we signed up I could not see a way to get it shipped free, so let sister pay shipping. usually around $20. not trying to rip her off, but seemed fair that she pay for non necessity things.
so now I'm the "bad guy" because I was letting my poor destitute sister pay me for what I ordered for her. I do a lot of other things for her and like I said before, I think she has to buy things within her means, but I had no idea what I was doing was different from what H was doing. so, a tempest in a teapot.
and now sister has had a gout attack in her big toe... which hopefully I "diagnosed" accurately. told her what to do for it ... all basic non medical measures.. until she can contact her doc on Monday. I feel uneasy about it. she is very complicated medically and I'm not remotely qualified but she is unable to get anywhere for an professional assessment.
deb, she is running out of people who will take her places and there is no library close enough to walk to. I doubt she'd do it anyway!
I'm going to try to shut up about this ongoing endless saga....

did bi's & tris yesterday but ran out of time for the core part. going to ride this morning.

Hi everyone--

This morning I tried to do the Summer Kickoff Live--no sound. So I did live low impact hiit circuit (52 min.).

The Juan Siddi Santa Fe Flamenco yesterday was terrific. We really enjoyed it--even though we don't understand the singing--what they are singing about. I figure it's about sex, passions run wild, revenge, sorrow, death, joy, longing. Flamenco just always seems so wonderfully dramatic--the gowns, the castanets, the tight pants, the toreador jackets with braid. Ole! Beautiful day, too. We had pizza for dinner with a big salad, and with Kim's sausages on top of the pizza--so much better than what the pizzeria has. The golfers were fun, even though they are in some kind of sudden death thing this morning.

Deb, 5 hours at the hospital is pretty intense. What do you do to fill the time??

Yes, Lori, I am really looking forward to the GOT finale. Pop Sugar? Sounds zany and fun.

Valerie, so your sister turned to you for book-buying because she felt bad about the sarcasm from H? I don't blame her a bit. It's not a favor IMHO if you humiliate the person you are doing the favor for. If H is there, why not take your sister to the library once a month and save everyone money? My veterinarian friend is quite wealthy compared to her two sisters and her mom. She gives each of them $500 a month and doesn't say anything about how they spend it. She used to give them an annual large sum, but stopped doing that when they would buy something very expensive and then be short of money for the rest of the year. She says they seem to be better with the monthly sum. Families and money--always tricky!

Diane Sue, mapping your fitness looks like a full time job to me. You must be very tech-savvy.

ttfn

We had a double birthday party today for my son and granddaughter 17 years today. Mexican for lunch which included homemade tamales. It was a rest day today. I did some organizing and straightening in my workout room and then filing and paperwork. I was pleasantly surprised when it started raining this evening. We really needed it.

Deb, I forgot to answer your question about the bee pollen. Generally you sprinkle a little in a smoothie or on salad or something. My mom used to just eat a spoonful of it. Some people say that taking some a few months gradually increasing to 1 to 2 Tablespoons helps alleviate spring allergies. My aunt mentioned it, as she has bees and sold bee products for years. She has her daughter using it for her allergies. Some people have to be careful though. If a person is allergic to bee stings they should not try it. I have used it before but what they have at Sprouts is not local bee pollen. I located a place here in Oklahoma that I can order bee pollen and honey. I was disappointed in the last honey I bought because I quick looked at the label and it said Colorado but when I got home it was a product of Brazil. When you buy out of country they sometimes are not all real honey. Anyway, bee pollen does not have an unpleasant taste or anything and is quite nutritious. I was hoping maybe it might help with the allergies along with diet.

Valerie, I am sorry. I do not see why you would be expected to do something exactly like your brother did anyway. The thing is you do not have to do it anyway. You were being kind. It always bothered me that some people that are shown kindness like that expect even more out of it. It's too bad your sister doesn't have a kindle. It doesn't cost much for the monthly fee for the kindle book program where you can read many books for just that 10.00 or whatever it is. Although those may not be her choice for books. Or there is digital borrowing from the library that costs nothing. Was there a reason this would not work? You might have said. I hope that your advice for her medical problem helps till she can call and get the help that she needs. I am sure it probably worries you having that responsibility from a distance.

Lynda, it sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend. I bet the Kim's sausage made a big difference in the flavor of the pizza. Really the Polar app is really easy to use. Map my Fitness went along with My Fitness Pal though and would drop my calories into My Fitness Pal for me, but not instantly. My problem with it was I could not monitor my heart rate while I was using it and it gave me really high calorie burns over what my watch would read. It was not near as nice as the Polar Beat app. I like seeing what I am doing so I know if I need to push a little harder. :)

Yep... families and money!! what a mess this has become. I think H insults my sister regularly... H is very quick, smart, and up to the second on fashion and technology, and has no money concerns at all. she simply does not understand ( and is not sympathetic) to how my sister is and the spot she is in. H has taken her grocery shopping once every few months. the rest of the time my sister walks to a small store nearby, but the choices are minimal and expensive.
My sister reads absolute crap... "bodice rippers" is what I would call them. civil war era romances. it's not my business, I order whatever she wants. my brother drops things off sometimes. he doesn't deal with sister directly. they don't get along at all. so with the gout ( if that is what she has) she can't even walk. the over riding issue is my sister is not in a sustainable situation. if this was short term and she was going to "get better", that would be different. by giving her money and bailing her out, I feel we are enabling her not to make any changes. She has myriad health problems several that will need procedures soon. her cataract surgery didn't turn out well, and she has vision problems and will need another surgery on both eyes. she has to buy hard cover books because the print is bigger. then she somehow thinks she will be able to go visit her daughter in TX ! oh please. I don't even want to think of how that could work. the daughter, just for the record...is a real piece of work too. Families!!!
thank you all for listening. I'm venting. DH has heard enough and won't talk about it anymore.

so we did a nice ride today, 24 miles on roads through farm country. really nice. 2 hrs 15 min total.
I will try to get back on track here and stop whining about family problems.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Athletic Training....wow, that version is a killer. I don't remember the DVD being as hard, but then, I probably only did a once or twice. I was so exhausted afterwards, I didn't want to do anything. I have not had a workout do that to me in a long time. Usually they energize me...it finally rained last night and is still raining right now. ...we lost power at about 12:40 am...not sure when it went back on.

Lori, how was the Pop Sugar workout? I have seen these here and there, but never tried one.

Diane Sue, I am pretty sure my Polars are not Blue Tooth ready....they are pretty old. That sounds like the bee pollen could do some good....like you said though, it would have to be carefully purchased..from a reputable bee "grower"?

Valerie, what was the saying? "no good deed goes unpunished"? or something like that. You tried to help your sister. You continue to try in different ways....that is all you can do. Ignore H and/or others...I agree with Lynda, instead of buying the books, since H is so close, he/she should just take her to the library and let her pick out her own.

Lynda, no sound? that is a new tech difficulty....did you try both the High and Poor Quality versions? I sat in a chair and read my Nook at the hospital. My one cousin and his wife were there at the start, but left after about an hour. The pizza with Kim's sausage must be delicious. Oh, I forget to menion...I found I can use my computer desk in a standing mode....just have to move the keyboard up to desk level and raise the monitor....I tried it for a bit....it's not easy to stand instead of sitting...will keep trying for longer periods.

Hi to Josie & Judy,

Not sure what is up for today...I will probably go to the hospital for a while....then class tonight...

Take care,

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/quinoa_mango_black_bean_salad.html

this is a quinoa, black bean, mango salad. It was really good. You can sub a peach or nectarine if mangos don't look good. we had it with leftover grilled chicken. For OJ, I use frozen concentrate.... scoop a tablespoon of frozen juice into a measure, add water to the 1/4 cup level. Anyway, we really liked this and it was very easy. they used a slightly different way to make the quinoa that worked nicely.

Deb, you're right. no good deed etc. I will try to give his topic a break. H is married to our cousin. H&D live on the other side of town from my sister. it is pretty much an all day project if H takes her shopping or to medical appts.

I remember AT being a pretty tough one. Did it have the sequence going up and over the step at the beginning? I hated that! I just step on and off without the twirling and turning that just makes me confused. I think I liked the rest of it though but haven't done it in a while.

My polars are vintage too... still work OK for simple heart rate so I still use them on the treadmill and elliptical. treadmill has the hand grip sensor, but I'd rather use a chest strap. my heart rate drops quickly when I stop the arm swing so I don't think the grippers are that accurate.

I love pizza. It is my favorite food! I don't have it very often because I have issues controlling my portion size. it's way worse than any other food for me. hot, cold, whatever, I just love it.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did live summer kickoff (59 min.). This one is pretty tough--or at least I was exhausted by the end and did easier core moves.

Deb, I did AT a lot when it first came out in the LIS. I thought it was pretty exhausting. There are many similar on-the step moves in the summer kickoff and they seem even tougher with 1 lb. gloves on. She even does the swim moves with gloves on. Kim just rebooted everything last night, so it was working well this morning. I think I read in EW that season 5 of Suits might be available for streaming at Amazon now--not sure if it's Amazon Prime, though.

Diane Sue, I have never heard of that about bee pollen. How do you collect it? Bees don't create pollen, but they pick it up from plants on their bodies as they pollinate and cross-pollinate, sucking nectar for the making of honey and royal jelly--or am I just not knowledgeable enough about how this works? Nice to have two birthdays at the same time--was it your son's daughter who was born on his birthday?

Valerie, it's really too bad your sister can't be more resourceful. I just bet there are social services available to her that she could avail herself of with a bit of effort. She could even ask her doctor if s/he knows of any. I vaguely remember my mom belonging to some kind of book-of-the-month club explicitly for people who needed large type books, and she would get a little pamphlet of choices every month. Lots of Danielle Steele and Mary Higgins Clark, and some more challenging things too. It sounds like you are doing as much as you can from a distance. I love pizza too. Always limit myself to two slices, although I could easily snarf down 4 and skip the salad!

Today I did Hard Strikes mix no drills, 35 minutes, 114 avg./151 max heart rate, 210 calories. I then did Ice Upper Body, 42 minutes, 171 calories. Total time 77 minutes, 381 calories. I wanted to do abs too but, I had my grandson come to clean and wax my car and my 5 year old grandson here so I quit there. Boy was my legs and glutes sore when I got up and went upstairs this morning. Once I was up and moving it felt better though. Maybe my kettle bell lower workout should have been a bit shorter :)
Ice Upper Body I can never seem to get the actual count down on reps when I do this.
swinging military press 8# 12 reps
triple dead row/triple upright row/ shrug 12's#
windmills 5's# 8 left 8 right
Hammer Curl/clutch curl 12's# I think this one was 8 reps then 8 both
overhead press/overhead extension 10's#
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 10's# 2 sets 12 reps, 6 reps
rotational rows 2 sets 12's# 16 reps, 16 reps
discus throw 5# 2 sets 12 reps right and left
3 curls /1 press 10's
triceps push up with leg lift 3 sets 12/8/4 reps
rear delt raise with leg extension 5# 2 sets 12 reps right then left
chest fly with leg extension 2 sets 12's 16, 12 reps
pullover extensions 8's3 sets 16, 16,8reps
bear crawl plank walks BW
high plank descents BW 12 reps
high plank descents wide arm 8 reps and hold

Deb, isn't Athletic Training on the Low Impact Series workouts. I thought the live one was much harder myself. My FT60 watch will work with blue tooth but I still would have to use the HR7 Bluetooth transmitter. The nice thing with the HR7 transmitter is it runs about 50 dollars with the strap on Amazon and I do not need the watch if I am using the app. I just turn on Bluetooth to use it with my tablet or cell phone. When I turn on the app and Bluetooth it wants to know which device I want to use. I have several things paired up to Bluetooth on my tablet. It is much simpler than one would think. I think you can do it with a Fit Bit Blaze. I have been researching those.

Valerie, I always think the strap works better. I had a Nautilus treadmill that I sold to my daughter when we moved that had the strap and the hand grip. The hand grip never seemed to work that well. My next door neighbor has no car and pays someone to take her places. I see a young man, probably college age take her sometimes. She also has a woman that comes once in awhile. She said she had an accident and can not drive anymore. She has no family at all alive. She lost her husband. One day her cell phone battery was out and she was dealing with people at Walmart over it. She came over to borrow mine to try to call and get help. I really felt sorry for her and was tempted to take her myself except I worried I may be starting something I don't want to get into. I feel a little guilty about it. I still would think a reader that you can adjust letter size and backlit would be better for reading. I guess I do not know how the cataracts are affecting your sister's eyes. That recipe sounds good except maybe some other fruit for me. I just cannot make myself like mangos. I have tried all kinds of recipes with them and have not come up with one I like. Right now I have some frozen mango because I did not want to buy fresh for a recipe that I made. I need to do something with it.

Lynda, I am not sure how they collect bee pollen. I know they strain a lot of stuff out of the honey. I usually buy unfiltered honey that has a bit in it heated at a very low temperature to take care of anything bad but not enough to destroy the nutrients in it. I also have read that the bee pollen has a bit of royal jelly in it. My mother used to say bee pollen helped her arthritis. Now I am going to have to go read up on how they collect the pollen. The place in Oklahoma that I mentioned has a blog and was explaining the stuff in bee pollen but, not how they get it. My husband said why don't I get it from my daughter. I told him I bet they would have to go through some procedure to get it and learn how.
It was my son's daughter, but their birthdays are a few days apart. We have several family birthdays that get doubled. My granddaughter 19 and her dad are two days apart in August so it always ends up being a party together.
Funny, my son and granddaughter were getting ready to blow out candles and they blew out each others laughing. Our family tends to clown around a lot.

She has glaucoma, had cataracts ....until the cataract surgery. she developed a post surgical problem called posterior capsulitis. It apparently makes it like reading thru water. another surgical procedure is needed to correct this. they tried meds but it didn't help. so that will be this year some time, although it seems her doctor is not on the list of people her insurance covers anymore. I honestly can't keep it all straight!. I'm sure if she had online access and knew how to look for things she could find more help.
diane sue...that is a perfectly reasonable reaction... we all want to help, but are reluctant to get locked into a long term complicated relationship. the gout, if that;s what it is, is new as far as I know. she kept talking about a 'bunion" but it didn't sound like that to me when she described it. Won't know until her appt on the 5th. ridiculous. I should say she doesn't have a cell phone either. I sent her some stuff today and have thought about a cell with limited minutes. she doesn't go far from her house often and she has enough trouble with the land line. enough . I need a glass of wine.,

I looked up how they harvest bee pollen and exactly what it is for. Apparently the worker bees make a ball of pollen for 1 female bee to lay an egg on. They drop pollen and they also feed on pollen. It is their protein source.. Here is a video on youtube about how they drop it and there is a screen trap they open every three days to catch some pollen. The bees have some sort of 3 day memory and come back and start again.

Good morning,

My uncle passed away yesterday. I got a call from my cousin at 6:10 am.....they told her he may last an hour and to call her family etc....I was there until 3:30...and then decided to go home for a bit. I got the call 2 hours later. It was a blessing for him, he was in so much pain and not getting better. The Hospice people wonderful.

Valerie, that recipe looks good...I was wondering...can you cook quinoa in a rice cooker? I never heard of browning the quinoa before soaking...interesting. In the Live Athletic training, there was not moves where you had to turn much...very straight forward ones, even I could do. I don;t do well with those dancy ones either.

Lynda, glad your streaming is back working. Wow....doing any of Cathe's step moves with 1 lb gloves would have to be exhausting.

Diane Sue, is the HR transmitter you mentioned a Polar product? I have pretty much decided that I do not need a FitBit...LOL...not another tech thing to fret over and get upset about..:). The hard strap of my first Polar is still going strong...has outlived 2 soft straps and their corresponding removable transmitters. Thanks for the video...Dumb question...what do people actually do with bee pollen? You mentioned it helped with arthritis...

Hi to Josie, Lori & Judy,

Family stuff today...I will probably spend it with my cousin, seeing what she needs help with...wake and funeral the next 3 days...

Take care,

Last edited:
Good evening ladies,

Today was a rest day. After watching GOT last night I was wide awake for some time and exhausted all day today.

Diane Sue...I tried to sync my HRM to that polar app and was unable to. Weird. Hoping this was just a hiccup. My thighs were a little sore today from my weekend workouts. And at work I have a ton of stairs I go up and down several times a day. A workout in itself. You family sounds like you have a lot of fun.

Deb...I thought the same thing about the live AT. I hate doing a workoit so tough that it leaves me exhausted for the entire day. I like tough but no exhausting tough! Pop Sugar is on YouTube and they have a huge following. You can find some great workouts. Full length and short add ons.

Lynda...the Summer Kickoff is long! I remember thinking wow we are still going!

Valerie...working for the company I do we are always having pizza brought into the office. Our resturants have brick ovens and the pizza is so good. So hard to eat healthy sometimes at work. Such a sad situation with your sister.

Have a great day all! I typed most of this last night but forgot to post so I'll be back later!

Deb, toasting the seeds first maybe adds a little more flavor. you still need to rinse it after. I've never had a rice cooker so can't compare. I use a non stick pot for cooking all grains /seeds on the stovetop. quinoa is not complicated. I like the flavor, texture, and it is never sticky. keeps well in the fridge so I usually cook a cup of it at a time and then use it for several salads or as a "base" for lunches with a vegie burger.
I 'm pretty sure it was the AT dvd that started with a section on the step. nothing that complicated but too complicated for me.

so sorry about your uncle. it's a little easier to see someone pass when they are in such great discomfort, and it's clear they aren't going to improve. we felt the hospice people we used did a great job. no nonsense about getting some poor suffering person "addicted" to pain meds. Hospice made sure they were comfortable.

Lori, I would be in deep with pizza around all the time. Like Lynda, I allow myself 2 pieces. I eat salad first so I'm not starving. we don't have it that often... I'd want two pieces ....but for every meal! we have a 'take and bake" pizza chain here called Papa Murphy's. I don't think they have nationwide coverage. I love their vegetarian pizza. I can't leave it alone.
I find that after our bike rides I am done doing anything hard for the rest of the day. I need to eat, drink, and be quiet for a while.

DH went on a hike today and I stayed home. I need some peace and quiet........... retirement results in too much together time. I need a break.

Diane sue... I've bought a lot of bad mangoes. a good one is wonderful, at least for me. for a long time it seemed like I'd buy a mango, let it ripen, cut into it, find it was no good and pitch it. over and over. I've had better luck with the small yellow ones. "atulfo" mangoes from mexico. I've had a few bad ones but most have been good. a peach or nectarine would be a fine substitute. they are smaller than the big green ones and not stringy. some of the appeal of the salad is the bright contrasting colors, so anything yellow & sweet would be fine.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did ICE Sweat one with a 27 min. SB barre workout for legs and butt (49 min.).

Deb, sorry about your uncle. I'm sure it was hard to see him suffering and that made it easier to let him go.

Diane Sue, thanks for the video. So they collect it on a screen at the entrance to the hive, but must take the screen down once the worker bees figure out that they can get through the screen with a 1/4 load on their legs. Interesting about the acorns and honeydew. I have also read that some worker bees collect sap from trees to harden the honeycomb.

Lori, that was quite a GOT. So now we know that Jon's mom was Ned's sister and his dad was Rhaegar. What a great finale--and the musical score was so wonderful, too. I will definitely enjoy watching this one again, if only to see Arya slay Walder Frey. Eating his sons reminds me of the Greek tragedy cycle for the House of Atreus. So many things still hanging fire for the next season.

Valerie, I have a mango salsa recipe with jalapeños, lime juice, olive oil, red onion, and scallions that is really good with tortilla chips. I am not a big fan of mangoes on their own.

Today I did Party Rockin Step 1, 54 minutes, 318 calories, heart rate avg. 113/ max 159. I did have some issues with the Bluetooth monitor though. I restarted it 3 times. I think the 3rd time my husband had got off of streaming to go use the tread climber. I then did X10 step, 26 minutes, 169 calories, 116 avg. / 149 max heart rate. I was a bit surprised at the max heart rate on X 10 since it seemed I was working so much harder than the previous workout. Total time 80 minutes, 487 calories. I missed abs again. We needed to go vote and my grandson came over to do some yard work and help here before he goes to work later. I hardly slept again last night. I started coughing and sneezing almost as soon as I hit the pillow. These allergies are bad. Today I took down the drapes that have been here since we moved here. I have vacuumed them but they need cleaned or replaced. Couldn't take down the valance because it appears to be fastened to a wooden box frame. I guess it will require a screwdriver. I also cleaned the ceiling fan. I had not done this in awhile. Hopefully this helps. My husband mentioned getting another Honeywell air purifier for our room but the one I have cost my daughter over 225 dollars and she bought me extra filters for replacing over and above that for my birthday last year. It helps a lot but only covers about 450 sq foot space. I have an ionic breeze in our room. Anyway, I am really not wanting to go out of the house very often.

Deb, I am sorry you lost your uncle. I know how you feel as to not seeing him in so much pain and finally at peace. But, I also know you will miss him. I cook quinoa in my rice steamer cooker and it works great. People take bee pollen with food generally or just eat a spoon of it a day. I was wondering if it went through a sterilization process or if it would ruin the nutrients. It sort of made me wonder if I wanted to use it anymore. Although from my understanding, even the unfiltered honey has bits of bee parts and stuff in it even though it is heated a bit. Yes, the Bluetooth HR7 is a Polar product. It comes with the usual soft strap and the snap on device is Bluetooth. I like my hard strap that comes with my Tread Climber. It only works with my non coded Polar watch though.

Lori, I usually just go to the settings on the app and sync. I do this after I first turn on Bluetooth(if it is already on I turn it off and back on) It pops up my Bluetooth devices and I click that I am using my tablet with the app. Then in settings the device shows up. Sometimes when it is not working correctly I go to the settings and stop pairing it and do everything from the start again. It seems it just picked up on my FT60 watch when I used it to monitor. It would seem that the app would work with any Bluetooth device though. Maybe do a search if you can't get it to work. I have been researching other devices to use with it because I am thinking of moving away from Polar. Stairs with sore thighs are a real pain . My hamstrings are sore today after Meso 1 legs yesterday.

Valerie, I guess toasting the quinoa would be something like they do with rice aroni when they brown the rice first. It does make a difference in flavor. Peaches and nectarines are a good idea. Maybe that is it and I have never picked a really good mango. It is kind of the same with avocados and peaches. I have found the avocados work best when they are still firm but with a slight give. You can pluck off the stem and see it is a good one. For the longest time I would by them and they would be dark inside. I have purchased so many peaches and nectarines that were rotting from the pit our. Too soft is generally not good. But, too under ripe and they usually are spoiled inside by the time they soften.

Lynda, I am finding the bees and honey making quite fascinating. It really leaves me in awe of how the product comes out and how they work. I read something about them collecting sap.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.