Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Jodi , Jen and Nathalie - Hope we will feel the burrrrn with the ICE Muscle Meltdowns :) I usually train 1-muscle group per day and have sliced my Cathe downloads. Here I'm posting for you the single muscle segments' length on some of Cathe's previous series::
Ripped With Hiit - the back segment is 18 min long, rear delts - 9 min & biceps - 18 min. ( I don't have the Chest , Triceps & Shoulders workout)
Xtrain - Chest 11 min, Back 16 min, Shoulders 13 min (I don't have the biceps & Triceps workout)
Gym Styles series - the back segment is 17 min, shoulders - 11 min, biceps - 17 min, chest - 19 min (the toughest 19 minutes of my life lol) & triceps - 21 min.
Burn Sets - Back 13 min, Chest 14 min, Shoulders 14 min, Biceps 14 min, Triceps 14 min.
So at 13-15 min long (and the back - 21 minutes yay) the ICE Muscle Meltdowns may do the job.;)

In few weeks we will, I hope, we will put all these doubts behind:)
I am glad you have shared your views on this. I appreciate it:):) Have you play around with RwH weight segments?
Can you, easily, mix and match them with other segment? Feel free to pm me on this;)
Have a good week end Svetlana:)

Checking in for the week.

Day 1 Turbo Fire 30 (371)
Day 2 Piyo Sweat (351??)
Day 3 Turbo Fire Low Hiit 20 (263)
Day 4 Piyo Full Body Blast (272)
Day 5 Rest
Day 6 Piyo Strength Intervals (235)
Day 7 Rest

Good workout week overall. I must admit I had a couple days of DOMS. Body feels good overall, triceps appear more defined. I didn't get a chance to go through my Cathe workouts to look for a bodyweight/gentle body workout. I hope that she creates a pure bodyweight routine in the future. Eating was good the earlier part of the week, but not so good the end of the week. Plan to get back on track tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good week.

I didn't get a chance to go through my Cathe workouts to look for a bodyweight/gentle body workout. I hope that she creates a pure bodyweight routine in the future.

:)
Do you mean a body workout not as speedy/fast than the usual cathe.
Cathe does use speed to level up the intensity.
She also does add in band and disc for the bite LOL;)

Congratulation for your triceps gain --- I have learned to love working triceps:)

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

Here is another modification to conventional/traditional deadlift. It is for those who own a rack or Squat cage.
Great to strengthen the erector spinae. This could be good when hamstring are less flexible.HTH

It's been a very busy week! The last time checked in was Wednesday. It has been a sore, sore week. Lots of DOMS.

Thursday: STS #15 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps; Doubles Butt Bible Level 3 Lower
Friday: Crossfire + Core
Saturday: EBE2 Weighted Plyo Legs + Plyo Upper Body + STS Extended Stretch
Sunday (today): Release (yoga).

Today is another busy day that we're ending with Counting Crows concert. So I took the day off work tomorrow since we will be getting home late. I'm spending part of the day with my daughter but I'll also have time at home to relax--I'll post more tomorrow!

Hi everyone! Let me check in for the past few days:

Friday - rest day
Saturday - treadmill with great tunes from Brett Eldredge and Jana Kramer
Today - S&H Legs and Shoulders, the barre bonus from Xtrain Legs, and RWH bonus core #1

Tonight is my hubby's 50th birthday so we're going out for dinner and then settling in for the return of The Walking Dead. Woohoo!! Tomorrow is a holiday from work for me so another woohoo!!

Jen, enjoy your concert and your time with your daughter. Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend!

No--Someone asked about that and they said that Chiseled Upper Body is a separate workout. There is no compilation of the Muscle Meltodowns: http://cathe.com/forum/threads/muscle-meltdown-segments.301637/#post-2319591

Jen, I know you are not into the blender in any format as yet. I have used the desktop version and I have given up:(
I am holding on jumping on the online wagon:);)

Now that a lot is being invested on the online blender, my feeling is we won't have compilation anymore!;);)

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/greatest-hits-2.300683/#post-2318011

Jodi: Happy hubby birthday and Have a blast celebrating.:)
Jen: Enjoy familly time:)

Today was chest day for me. I did an 11. set pyramid of bench, 3 sets of incline bench and 1 set of incline flys,3 sets of suspended pushups and 3 sets of ab wheel roll outs. Wasn't able to go as heavy but made up for it with volume! My weights seem to go down as my weight drops. (Understandible I guess)

Today was S&H Biceps and Triceps.

Does giving my 100 lb dog a bath count as cardio? Haha! :p

Lol Jodi, love your humour --- Cardio and weight with the use of living toy called a dog:D:D
Bless him:)

Today was kickbox segment 30 minutes plus S&H back and chest --- No pencil dress for few days
as I can't reach the middle of my back! I can't leave my place wearing an unzipped dress:p LOL:)
Time to decompress now. Stretching.:)

Last edited:
Hello friends,
You really seem to pack a bunch into your workout day, do you use dvds or write them out??
Tom - I string together several same muscle segments from different Total Body workouts. TB workouts are usually 1+ hour long but each individual muscle group segment in them is only 4-5 min . I end up training the same muscle for 12-20 minutes and often get DOMS this way so it works ;). I follow fitness videos. My Cathe & Jari Love total body workouts are downloads saved on one USB. Changing segments takes a few seconds / clicks.

In few weeks we will, I hope, we will put all these doubts behind:)
Have you play around with RwH weight segments? Can you, easily, mix and match them with other segment?
Nathalie - Sure I played around with RWH BSB :) Separating the back, rear delt and bicep segments was easy because they are consecutive and not a circuit. I used the rear delt bonus from Xtrain Legs 40+ times and needed variety. In RWH I lift half of the weight which Cathe uses so there's definitely a room to grow ;)

My workouts since my last post:
Saturday - Turbo Fire 30, Turbo Jam 20, doubles - Turbo Hiit 20 and RWH Core 2
Sunday - Paul Katami Kettlebell Kombos , Stretch Max w/o #3, Gym Style CT- chest only (gave me DOMS again!)
Yesterday - STS Plyo Legs , Gym Style Legs (mat only).
*I always wonder why one of the STS guys lifts less than me. His dumbbells are disproportionate to his muscle mass.*
Today - Xtrain Tabatasize doubles RWH back & rear delts only

Greetings !

Today I did some new workouts from Lindsay Brin. She put out a 2 DVD set called 30 Day Core which, as you might guess, focuses on the core. I love her core work so I couldn't pass it up. One workout I did was Advanced Cardio Torch, a great cardio workout with a core focus. The other was 360 Core & Flexibility, a great total core workout with a nice stretch at the end. Hopefully the other workouts are just as good!

Today I did some new workouts from Lindsay Brin. She put out a 2 DVD set called 30 Day Core which, as you might guess, focuses on the core. I love her core work so I couldn't pass it up. One workout I did was Advanced Cardio Torch, a great cardio workout with a core focus. The other was 360 Core & Flexibility, a great total core workout with a nice stretch at the end. Hopefully the other workouts are just as good!

I like working core in a combined way. I have viewed new KCM workout. Working core/abs
combined with stretching session is interesting. I am not really keen on the actual w/o.
Not sure if it is worth adding just for core session.

Last edited:
Today I combined shoulders and arms. 4 sets of military press, 2 sets barbell front raise and 2 sets of side lateral. For arms I supersetted tri ext with BB curls 3 sets each, crossbody tri with dumbbell curls 3 sets each, and 1 set kickbacks and 1 set concentration curls. Felt good! Flu shot tonight so I got arms and shoulders out of the way..legs tomorrow then off to see grandkids!!!

Thanks everyone. The concert was awesome--I love the Counting Crows. I actually haven't been feeling too well lately but I'm still getting in my workouts tho I have slacked a bit on doubles. My husband and I bought bikes and we've been doing a lot of riding so sometimes instead of doubles we just go riding. Works for me!

I pre-ordered KCMs new workouts (of course!) and I saw the clips yesterday. I think they look awesome! But I own just about everything KCM has done and, like Cathe, I adore her workouts. She and Cathe are my two #1 favorites. I will pair her new ones up with ICE at the end of this rotation.

Monday: STS # 16 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + Element Daily Yoga: Morning
Tuesday: STS #17 Legs + 100 Rep Hip Thrusts
Wednesday (today): Ultimatum Platinum; planned doubles KBKB Scorcher Power

I forgot to mention this--I "discovered" workout DVDs at the library. My husband and I go to the library most Sundays for books and audio books, but I never paid much attention to the workout DVDs. Mostly because I have so many of my own and I like to schedule things (rotations), so checking out workout DVDs doesn't really work for me. Also, they carry no Cathe or KCM, and the Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper and Jari Love workouts they do carry I already own.

Anyway! I have recently been rethinking a lot of things fitness-wise. I have been having more foot problems then usual which means I may have to return to the orthopedic surgeon. After the accident he warned that I would probably have to have more surgeries on my heels at some point down the road. So I have been a bit down that things may have to change for me. I felt the changes would be mostly reducing impact (plyo) and possibly anything with more complicated footwork. But my husband thinks the heavy lower body work I do is doing my heels no favors. I hadn't really considered that before but he pointed out that squatting 100 pounds on my shoulders can't possibly be helping my heels. This, of course, increased my depression.

All of this has made me look at the library's offerings--lots and lots of yoga and barre! So I decided I will slowly sample some of these workouts to get an idea what I like--try before I buy. The first one I checked out on Sunday is Element Daily Yoga. It has two workouts: Morning and Evening. I did Morning on Monday and OMG--I LOVED it! So I am kind of excited about the library workout DVD collection now! Daily Yoga is now on my Amazon Wishlist--I will be buying that one! I am trying Evening on Sunday.

Anyway--I am determined to finish out my current rotation, at least the core of it. And that includes heavy lower body lifting! If I have to change anything it will be to cut back on the plyo. In fact, in Meso 3 I am planning to make some changes to my rotation--swap out some of the HIIT/Plyo for kickboxing. I love my lower body work so much tho that I am not ready to give that up completely until I consult with the ortho surgeon. But maybe I need to start sampling more barre and seeing if something out there appeals to me.

Today was leg day for me. 6 sets of squats 3 sets reverse lunges 3 sets of single leg calf raises and 3 sets of hanging knee raises. Jen I always likes the stuff Counting Crows did to..sounds like a fun concert! Hope you feel better soon. Svetlana anyway to DOMS is a RIGHTEOUS Path!! Sounds like that system works well. I am to lazy to fool with the equipment and stick to paper programs. Nathalie..I do have a low rack and may sub some of those for deads. It is a more comfortable lift, the last few inches of deadlifts is a little stressful on the back..thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.