• Cardio core circuit
  • Hiit, bleu one ---This is pretty much bodyweight base cardio IMO
  • Travel fit
  • 2 yogas from LIS Series
  • KPC
  • 4DS Kickbox
  • Hardstrike
  • Rockout
You can pretty much opt not to use glove while doing all martial art based cardios. You can add Horizontal conditioning
if you own it and map out a rotation. Let me know if you need suggestions. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm being more protective of my joints as I am getting older. Not that 44, almost 45 is old. I just want to be strong, flexible and have as little joint issues as possible. I don't want to overdo it, nor do I want to defeat the purpose of the reason why I exercise in the first place. In other words, I'm trying to be more balanced. Fall/Winter is a good time for me to incorporate more stretching/bodyweight routines. It fits with the season for me. I'm not familiar with horizontal conditioning. I'll check it out.

Good morning everyone! Today was day 1 of Meso #2! I do love hypertrophy! I also remember now how irritating I find one of the cast members of STS. Everything moves so quick in Meso #1 that I don't notice her, but now I remember from the last two times I did STS how much I cannot stand her in Meso #2 and #3. I do not know her name, but something about her is so irritating. I don't think she is one of Cathe's normal cast members either--or if she is I never notice her. Only in STS has she ever stood out and man, does she stand out. It's because of the longer recovery time between sets--the camera will be on her and she is doing something that seems so... practiced and staged. The other crew members all seem natural and everything she does seems to be playing for the camera.

Let's see, I last checked in on Friday.
Saturday: Asylum: Back to Core + BodyFit 360 Vol 3 Athletic Stretch only.
Sunday: P90X2: X2 Yoga
Monday (today): STS #13 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps; planned doubles HIIT #1 (40/20)

Nathalie, I have several workouts by trainers that use 2 kettebells Sara Luri, Dasha Libin and yes, Amy Bento, but Amy doesn't have a full double KB workout. Sara and Dasha do. Amy just has a few double KB moves in a few of her workouts. I actually looked into Lauren Brooks and I did not read a lot of good reviews on her workouts. Have you tried her? I have looked into Jen Sinkler. Nia Shanks interviewed her on her podcast, so I checked out her website. I didn't see that she had any DVDs. All I saw was a book. Unfortunately, even with the best intentions I don't use workout books. I have a lot, too--I love reading them and always feel inspired to do their paper programs but for some reason when I start doing them, I lose motivation quick. Something about working out with DVDs motivates me. I have tried to follow paper programs and for some reason I get bored and always return to DVDs. So, I gotta do what works for me.

Last edited:
Healing11--I really love PiYo. And yes, it is much harder than you would think. I actually frequently had DOMS from it, and some of the workouts (Drench in particular) I sweat profusely and hit muscle failure multiple times! I also was finally able to do lots of tricep push ups on my toes after doing PiYo. I really need to return to it more often. I have it scheduled during Meso #2 but only the Core workout. I need to get the others (especially Drench!) back into my rotation more frequently. After I finish STS!

And yes, flexibility is so important. I won't lie. I love working out, but my favorite part of a workout is the stretch at the end, after I have worked my muscles so hard, nothing feels better. Another thing I have always loved about Cathe is the way she almost always gives you a good stretch at the end of your workouts. I have been incorporating stretching and yoga a lot more into my rotations. I am doing yoga every Sunday now and I am also using Cathe's Stretch Max, Total Body Stretch and/or STS Extended Stretch at least once a week.

And I do get tired of the high impact, too. This rotation I put together has a lot of plyo in it, so I was thinking that after I finish this STS rotation, and do a few weeks of ICE, I am going to put together a low impact rotation that uses kettlebells (Skogg), PiYo and Mark Lauren workouts. He has some impact but not a lot--not like a Cathe or Shaun T workouts. Everything he does is always so controlled. I'll use some of Cathe's Low Impact workouts, too.

Last edited:
Tom (and everyone here)--I agree! Muscle is beautiful! I was especially noticing it today during STS #13--Cathe is so ripped and it is beautiful! Nothing ugly, masculine or unattractive about that. I would love to look like that. Unfortunately, I feel this new era of Social Media has changed so much. So much judging. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions on what they find attractive. We are all individuals yet people seem so intent on pushing their own opinions on everyone.

Today was to be the start of the last week of Nia. When I got downstairs I decided to switch to a body part/ day. I'm not sure why, but I just felt I needed to try to find a way to achieve some hypertrophy. I think I will do Monday-Friday chest,back,legs,shoulders,arms. I started with chest today and did 8 sets of bench, 1 set of incline flys 3 sets of pushups and 3 sets of ab wheel roll outs. Nia has some great programs and I certainly recommend them, but I have been loosing so much weight I just thought I would go back to this and see if I could reverse it...we will see!! Jen..I agree with the social media stuff. It would be nice if people would keep their opinions to themselves and let others explore their own individual potentials without judgement. On the other hand we need to" just do it" and "screw em". Easier said than done!!

Nathalie, I have several workouts by trainers that use 2 kettebells Sara Luri, Dasha Libin and yes, Amy Bento, but Amy doesn't have a full double KB workout. Sara and Dasha do. Amy just has a few double KB moves in a few of her workouts. I actually looked into Lauren Brooks and I did not read a lot of good reviews on her workouts. Have you tried her? I have looked into Jen Sinkler. Nia Shanks interviewed her on her podcast, so I checked out her website. I didn't see that she had any DVDs. All I saw was a book. Unfortunately, even with the best intentions I don't use workout books. I have a lot, too--I love reading them and always feel inspired to do their paper programs but for some reason when I start doing them, I lose motivation quick. Something about working out with DVDs motivates me. I have tried to follow paper programs and for some reason I get bored and always return to DVDs. So, I gotta do what works for me.

Jen, I have not tried her. She has not made new workout for a while. My future KB workout won't be hers. Accoring to reviews, She is not
the best IMO, not my favourite. The instructor I would purchase a KB without any reluctance would be Anthony or Michael.

Jen if you do not like paper workout, do not feel forced to jump on the wagon! Funny cause this is another feeling we both share, including
the love for hypertrophy:):);). I can, at ease, draft a paper workout for home and/or gym within half an hour but I just prefer
DVDs too. I do go to the gym, not consistently. I can fully understand your preference. That being said I will try a paper base workout
at home in future, not my own but one of freebies I found online. I will see how I feel about it. Will also share with everyone here:):)
We all have to work for what work for ourselves. You feel better working with dvd and you are in fabulous shape and strong so keep
on working on DVDs.

Last edited:
I agree with the social media stuff. It would be nice if people would keep their opinions to themselves and let others explore their own individual potentials without judgement.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Tom:):)
You post reminded me of myself when I decided to strength train- lift consistently. I approached the all process as a child.
I approached weight training with a "naive" mindset , learned about myself in the process, built a mindset to the point to set boundaries for the body image
I would feel comfortable in. It was a year after I started. Was desperate for my health first!
Yes boundaries cause for us women it can get out of control psychologically. JMHO
During the process, thanks goodness I was not active on social media, including this forum![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I can't sleep tonight (3,30 AM here) so here I am to check-in. It's not fair to read without posting ;)
First of all, I am so very happy with the ICE videos news :)
I love the photos from ICE - great outfits, Cathe and the crew look perfect and I'm so glad the set is full of light! It is nice to workout to a sunny set during the short gloomy winter days.
And KCM's upcoming Strength and Stamina looks like another must have to me! So excited it has 30-minute athletic step bonus. Kelly's DVDs go down in price after some time which makes them affordable to me.
I'm going to order Shape Up or Body Shop DVD when I get my salary. Or Jari Love's Extremely Ripped Hardcore if download is available for sale.

Jen, I also read VF forum frequently, even though I don't post. I like VF forum and used to enjoy the collage video forum too, before it disappeared.
For your husband's back pain relief, I recommend Yoga Works Beginner workout. It's PM section is only 9 minutes but has helped me hundreds of times. This is my 3rd DVD and I would re-order it again.
The smiley girl in STS you refer to is Deazie Gibson. She appears in the Shock Cardio series too and in some of the Pink Firms (i.e. Jump , Pump and Jab and another one with Kelsie ) . I remember seeing her in some Shape magazine fitness DVDs which I used to do.
Nathalie, it is funny Ellen Barret made fitness program based on the zodiac lol! Nope, I'm not interested.
I tried one of her DVDs, filmed for Self magazine. I didn't love it but my mother is still doing it because it's dubbed in Bulgarian language. It is a pity there are so few fitness videos dubbed , mom is missing out a lot.
I'm sure I couldn't stick with doing paper workouts.
But I would love to have a barbell and heavier dummbells and kettlebell when I settle in a permanent home. Anyway, the court hearing got postponed so my future is unclear.

Here are my workouts since the last post
Wednesday - Turbo Fire 45 and the mat legs segments from Cathe's Lower Body Blast, Pyramid Lower Body, Great Glutes and Legs & Glutes
Thursday - Cathe's Cardio & Weights (love the music) PM - Paul Katami's Ab Lab (wonderfully challenging)
Friday - MMA Boxing PM KCM StepBoxing #1
Saturday - To The Max PM KCM Trim Down, Premix 1
Yesterday - Athletic Training and the back segments from Xtrain CSB, Flex Train and Michelle Dozois Pure Strength 2
Today - Drill Max (cardio only),4 Day Split Kickbox (cardio) and the biceps & shoulders segments from Jari Love's Slim and Lean, TTC & Ripped & Chiseled.

Warm regards to all of you!

Last edited:
I'll post more tomorrow but I just want to say it is not Deazie I am referring to. I know who she is and I like her. This is a woman who I cannot recall seeing in anything but STS. She might be in other workouts but I've never noticed her. She is very noticeable in STS tho.

I'll post more tomorrow but I just want to say it is not Deazie I am referring to. I know who she is and I like her. This is a woman who I cannot recall seeing in anything but STS. She might be in other workouts but I've never noticed her. She is very noticeable in STS tho.

Without viewing the disc I think the lady you're referring to is Denise.

I believe she got selected just for STS. Amanda and Nancy earned their cast place from a Daytona cast call. This didn't go down well with some old fashioned Cathe's fan. Not implying you're among them jen ;);)

Last edited:
Today was back day. 3 sets of chin ups,3 sets of lat pulldowns,3 sets of heavy dumbbell rows and 3 sets of deadlifts, finishing with a long set of seated leg raises, Total time was about 30 min!! Felt like the lats got a workout and it felt pretty good! Svetlana, sorry about the postponement of the custody stuff because it is stressful for you, but hopefully the result will be good when settled! Happy lifting to all!

This morning was STS #14 Legs + 100 Rep Hip Thrusts. For Meso #2 I increased the weight on my barbell for the hip thrusts. Ouch! I felt it! My glutes are still stinging! Planned doubles is KBKB Scorcher Diversity (KB core workout).

I know her name! I guess since it is the first week of Meso #2, Cathe introduced the cast of this morning's workout before it started. Her name is Denise! I honestly don't recall seeing her in any other workouts other than STS. It's not a big deal. I love STS regardless of whether or not one crew member was irritating. I was just commenting because we spend so long with these people (3 months!) that some things can grate on your nerves after awhile. If not for the longer rest periods in STS I don't think I would even notice her but unfortunately as you are resting your muscles between sets you watch the screen and there she is, being irritating. ;)

Svetlana--sorry to hear about the postponement. Has a new date been set?

I am so SORE! My chest, my triceps and now my glutes. This morning was Ultimatum Bronze + Turbo Barre abs & stretch only. Planned doubles is RIPT90 Death by Thruster.

Jodi--I'm a little bummed about that, too. I wish they were doing an upper body compilation like she did in Cross Train Express. But I am still looking forward to it. It does sound like something I will enjoy.

Good morning! Yesterday I did Ballet Body Lower Body workout, and I added ankle weights again. The workout is pure torture, but I love it! Plus, she includes a longer wonderful stretch at the end which you really need after she kills your legs.

Later today the plan is to do Slow & Heavy Chest and Back.

The woman in the clip Nathalie posted has gorgeous muscles, and I'd love to be that ripped. Of course, my body type (long and lanky) has a big influence, but I know if I could coordinate my eating and workouts better, I could see some great results.

Yes Jodi, the athlete is a IFBB pro athlete with a gymnastic background. The shape of her muscle is just incredible. She is
gorgeous. She is quite generous and does reply on Q&A for FitnessRxwomen.. Yes she is ripped and she's a figure bodybuilder.
figure is still not a hardcore bodybuilding. She does lift hypertrophy of course. She does not just lift for aesthetic...she is very strong to say the least.:):) Her training prep protocol is gruelling!

As to your goal you can achieve despite your ectomorphic body type. You can gain shapely muscle and definitions.
You need to be patient as it takes time.

Jen, I feel like you on discouraging women from lifting heavy! I come from an era where they thought women didn't have the endurance to play full court basketball! We know how brilliant that theory was!! Muscle is muscle, girl or guy...you want it to grow, you gotta overload it! There are a lot of women and men in nursing homes due to lack of strength and bone density, all improved by resistance training!! Time to vacate the pulpit. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tom: hope you get some help to gain your appetite back and hit the appropriate type of training to reach your goal.
without aiming to influence your decision, doing just bodyweight will not help! JMHO

Friday:Rest
Saturday:Cycle Max + Abs & Glutes
Sunday: CTX Kickbox segment + SH Back & chest
Monday: Rockout RwH premix + SH Bi&Tri
Tuesday: PRS#1 + Abs & Glutes
Wednesday: SH Legs & Sh + RwH Plyo Hiit #2
Thursday: Yoga Max ,KPC

I'm a little bummed about that, too. I wish they were doing an upper body compilation like she did in Cross Train Express. But I am still looking forward to it. It does sound like something I will enjoy.

I am a little bit bummed just like you ladies --- the length of muscle meltdown seem not long enough.
I have no clue of the rep range and I am hoping it is a rep range not offered in any other program from the collection.:(:(:(
I am glad it is single muscle though compared to upper body like CTX.
Having quoted that, I do have a plan B though.

Hope everyone is having a good Week:)

Last edited:
Dear girls and lad,
Thank you so much for your encouragement!
The good news about me is, I bought Cathe's RWH Back, Shoulders & Biceps (download) & Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Shape Up DVD which will arrive on October 22nd. I already did RWH BSB and like how tough it is. It must make me stronger!

Jodi , Jen and Nathalie - Hope we will feel the burrrrn with the ICE Muscle Meltdowns :) I usually train 1-muscle group per day and have sliced my Cathe downloads. Here I'm posting for you the single muscle segments' length on some of Cathe's previous series::
Ripped With Hiit - the back segment is 18 min long, rear delts - 9 min & biceps - 18 min. ( I don't have the Chest , Triceps & Shoulders workout)
Xtrain - Chest 11 min, Back 16 min, Shoulders 13 min (I don't have the biceps & Triceps workout)
Gym Styles series - the back segment is 17 min, shoulders - 11 min, biceps - 17 min, chest - 19 min (the toughest 19 minutes of my life lol) & triceps - 21 min.
Burn Sets - Back 13 min, Chest 14 min, Shoulders 14 min, Biceps 14 min, Triceps 14 min.
So at 13-15 min long (and the back - 21 minutes yay) the ICE Muscle Meltdowns may do the job.;)

Here are my workouts:
Tuesday - Chest & Triceps day with segments from Muscle Endurance, Power Hour, STS Total Body. Doubles - Ilaria Montagnani's Push Ups And Abs . I also did the rear delt segments from RWH BSB
Wednesday - Cathe's Athletic Step and RWH BSB - biceps. Doubles - Low Max (blasts only)
Thursday - Kick, Punch & Crunch Doubles - Ilaria Montagnani's Power Strike 5
Today - Paul Katami's Burn & Build Doubles - Kelly Coffey Meyer BootCamp w/o 1 and part of Yoga Relax.

Tom -my special regards to you.

Have a nice weekend buddies!

Last edited:
Well,I have been back to body part/ day and so far, so good. I combined shoulders and arms. Thursday because I thought I was getting a flu shot that evening and might wimp out on arms if I was sore ( often does that to me) I didn't go real heavy at all and still my triceps are pretty sore, I think because I haven't been doing as many isolation excercises, more compound...kinda love the DOMS!! I skipped leg day Wed, but made it up today. Svetlana, I really like body part/ day also and seem to always come back to it! You really seem to pack a bunch into your workout day, do you use dvds or write them out?? Nathalie, I love adding bodyweight to heavy weights, but I haven't tried it exclusively, though have seen some really shredded individuals that do it. It sure would help chisel a body up! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.