Damage Control-October

Did Upper Body Fix this morning. High reps. Basically 2 rounds each has 5 exercises and you repeat them twice for each round. In round 2, 2 of the exercises were ab related. Each exercise is down for a min and then there is a 20 second rest. I built up a little sweat, not as much as yesterday. And she covered herself better this time. I'm feeling a bit sore in my sides and a little in my thighs. Nothing crazy but enough to show me it's doing something. I'm not sure I'll hold out 3 weeks but the good news is: there are 7 workouts, so I only ever do he workouts 3 times unless I do doubles. Which I may for Pilates on Thursday or Friday. I can't remember which day Pilates is. I'm looking forward to try dirty 30 though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update as I need to go bed. Did Lower Fix and firewalker tabatta from CF. I'm sure my legs will be tired tomorrow! Loved doing Cathe again! Not a fan of the same warm up that 21 DF has...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Sorry to be MIA for so long! Things are finally getting back to normal around here. My dad had surgery Sunday and Monday. He came home from the hospital yesterday on IV antibiotics for at least 2 weeks. Between my mom and me we should be able to keep him on track. Plus yesterday we had a mandatory nurses meeting for issues in the facility. I finally got up the nerve to express my frustration about my co-worker and management is going to try to implement policies to avoid our issue. We'll see-we don't work together again in the early AM until next Thursday. This weekend I switched to second shift to be able to watch soccer in the AM and to avoid working with her.

I have barely worked out at all! LL, do you like Autumn's presence? Is she motivating? Is she too easy on you compared to Cathe? You sound very excited about Disneyworld!

Tina, 3,000 miles!!! Are you feeling better? Is your FIL out of the hospital yet? How is STS going?

Diana, glad you had a good getaway. I'm thinking about doing X10 today after reading about your X41. That's such a fun workout and would be a good way to get back to working out. Since I lost most of my 3 days off last weekend all day I've been vacuuming, mowing, and cooking. Tomorrow I restart BB-want to do a cardio today.

BBL,

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I finally have time to check in. I can't do anything personal on my work pc. Since everyone is spread across the US time zones, I end up spending a fair amount of time in meetings.

Tuesday was CLB, Wednesday-Rest, and today was tabatacise-all 5! My knees are killing me and have been for about a week. At first I thought it was from TTM last week. But I had done Imax 3 a couple days before that without issue. I'm starting to wonder if it is either not wearing shoes or the way I'm sitting in a folding chair (my current desk chair). They really hurt this morning. I'm going to bring up our old computer chair from the basement, and wear shoes, and see if that helps. The other reason I think they may be hurting is because for the last couple weeks I've had to use my running shoes for stepping which is a HUGE NO NO. Running shoes are made for forward motion only, not lateral movement. I plan on getting a new pair of supportive cross trainers. My previous cross trainers were new balance but the ones with only the pad in the bottom, no real support.

LL-It sounds like you are getting into the 21 Day Fix workouts! I don't mind what the instructors wear, it doesn't bother me at all as long as the w/o's are good. Of course, I don't have 4 boys oggling the TV when I w/o either. :)

Beth-so glad to hear your dear Dad is home from the hospital. Sorry to hear you are still struggling with the same coworker. Hopefully the issue will be resolved and you can both move past it. Vacuuming and mowing count as exercise too you know!!

Tina-what are you up to?

bbl

All the warm ups are the same, except for today's, Pilates Fix had a seated on the mat warm up. My legs are a bit sore from yesterday and this wo wasn't a breeze but it wasn't tough, but some of exercises were ouchie!

Splitting headache ever since the " hundreds". Gotta go to bed.

I did end up doing X41 yesterday. I must say, grounded switch kicks are so much fun! All the pushups in the fat burning segment-not so much!

Beth

Ok that's it I can't take it anymore. Back to Cathe on Monday and I think I'll have to put x10 in there. The same warm up in 21df! Not that o don't know x10 warm up well but...and tonight I need to as for my money back on GGS.

This week has been STS in evening with DH on M/T/W and cardio in the a.m. Yesterday was XT SC and the conditioning portion of XT HS and the 100 rep biceps. Poor Marlo looks like she is really hurting on the last few reps. I used dumbbells and weighted gloves to make 25lbs and changed to hammer style for the last 50 reps, much easier on my wrists. Today is a rest day and hopefully a bike ride tomorrow.

Beth, how is your dad feeling? I hope he's on the mend. My FIL is home and on the mend. Thank God for visiting nurses!

Diana, I hope your knees are feeling pain free. I bet you're right on the wrong shoes for stepping. My ankle gives me problems if I wear the wrong sneakers. I did CLB last week too. I really love the workout!

LL, if you can't get your money back from GGS, you could always try to swap if for STS over at Videofitness.com on the video exchange thread. I've used it a few times and it has worked great.

Have a great weekend! :)

Hi Ladies,

Friday was STS-Back & Triceps, Sat-STS Legs, and today was disc 10-CSB and CCC. That catches up my w/o's. I noticed on my calendar that I'm only getting 3 to 4 cardio w/o's per week. This seems very low for this cardio junkie. To my suprise, my weight is slowly going down even with less cardio. I'm also starting to add in the additional leg work with STS. I've decided to start BR again during the rest week on STS. I'm sure the weightloss has more to do with diet and this challenge more than anything else. Vegetable are my primary source of carbs during this challenge. This really helps me to eliminate all the junk carbs and is proving itself to me on the scale. I've eating more broccoli, cauliflower, brusell sprouts, green beans etc than I normally would.

I'm heading out to run errands and hopefully one of those stops will be a new pair of shoes for me! I was out yesterday but didn't find any. My knees are still really hurting and I'm starting to attribute it more to the folding chair I'm using at my desk. Regardless, I'm still getting a pair of shoes.:)

LL-We all stray from Cathe but always come back. I do like Amy Bento, but Cathe is my mainstay. I ordered the Fighter Diet download, but haven't had a chance to review it yet. Good luck selling GGS. I try to sell w/o's I don't care for. It's not that they aren't good, they just aren't for me.

Tina-I should probably add in the 100 rep bicep challenge. Biceps are my weakest link. Glad your FIL is home now. Sending healing vibes.

Beth-What are you up to?

bbl

I finished up all the 21DF workouts: Friday was Cardio Fix, yesterday was Dirty 30 and today was Yoga Fix and 10 min abs. I thought Dirty 30 was going to be harder, but the 2 cardios were.

I finally have a bit of time to tell you about Amber from GGS's email. She basically offered some other MIC and HiiT workouts/links with videos, but still didn't seem great. I talked to her about my nutrition, and she was right that I do tend to take "handfuls" of chocolate chips or dark chocolate covered almonds (which I stopped buying). And if I eat more during the day I won't feel the need to eat in the evening, but then there's the eating out of boredom...which might be true to, maybe not "bored" that's not quite the right word, but I don't know what is better.

So I finally responded saying that I didn't like the food plans because there really wasn't anything new about them, I had found similar stuff on the internet. Same with the nutrition plan itself, minus the formula for figuring out calories (way to high for me at 1877) and FODMAP, all about food sensitivities and what not, I don't have those, or at least I don't think I do.

I said I had completed 3 weeks and then went back to DVDs. I also asked for my money back as I'm under the 60s for money back guarantee. I bought it one Sept 13.

So tomorrow I'm back to Cathe! But I have no idea what I want to do! I realize my faves are: XTrain, RWH, PRS1&2, CF, TTM, B&G, STS Total Body, BM2 (but too long including premixes, I guess this is where the workout blender would come in handy...) and I guess PUB/PLB would be up there too. I'm not sure I'm going to even plan this week. I may just decide when I get down there. But I do like to plan! I wish I could just come up with a framework. I know I like taking Wednesdays off and yoga or nothing on Sundays. And no working the same body part 2 days in a row. I also like to follow Cathe's planned rotations sometimes...

Diana- you have me really thinking about STS when you post like that!! If I can get all my $99 back from GGS, I may save it for STS. But I don't know if it will ever go on sale that cheap, all workouts and the user guide. I have Ab Circuits.

Hi to all that follow!

Ok so sts is on the daily deal today, all for $120. Is that the best I'll ever see it?

Yesterday was a 40+ mile ride. It's getting really chilly around here. With every degree the weather goes down, our speed on the bike follows. I have a biopsy this morning, so I won't be working out today. Tomorrow we'll start week two of STS.

LL, I would take the STS sale as a sign that you should go for it. That seems like a great deal with the optional squat rack included (which I don't have). You'll love the guide book and I think you'll be really pleased with the program.

Diana, have you ever tried Asics gel sneakers? They've been the best shoe for my PF issues. They have a roomy toe box and great lateral support. I used to use Ryka, but their quality has gone down hill in the last few years. DH has switched to Asics too. Are you shopping for a new desk chair too?

Beth, how is your dad doing? I hope all is going well. :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did RWH HCLB. I count this is a cardio session and my extra leg day!

We had someone come give us an estimate on trimming the tree in the front yard. He happened to mention that we had a dead squirrel in our tree....gross. Hopefully DH will take care of it tonight.

I picked up some new shoes yesterday, Asics Gel Contend 3. I wore them this morning without issue. My running shoes are Asics as well. I like the wide toe box.

Tina-good luck with the biopsy. Praying for you. {{{HUGS}}}. I have 3 or 4 fluid filled cysts in one of my breasts. I wish they would remove them, but they check them at each mammogram for changes. I didn't see where the daily deal came with the squat rack. It simply indicated it had the optional squat rack dvd's.

LL-one word of caution with STS, they are long, pretty much 50 to 70 minutes. All the w/o's are similar too. I'm almost wondering if you should get Cathe On Demand and try them out before you buy. Meso 3 seems to be the longest and is my least favorite. Meso 2 is my favorite and I'm almost there...only 2 more discs to go to finish up meso 1. Only if you like heavy lifting too. I prefer heavy lifting over things like High Reps, just my preference. It's all about the nutrition and how you fuel your body. I have the same issues you do...eating chocolate chips out of the bag, eating because I'm bored or stressed or happy or whatever. I totally understand and feel your pain. It's when you start seeing results, either inches or scale weight, that you will start sticking with the nutrition plan.

Beth-What are you up to?

bbl

Diana, thanks for the word of caution. I was concerned about the length, I thought they were all over 60 min. I was close. I think it was on sale a few weeks ago. And I don't have my money back from GGS yet, so I won't be getting it today.

Today I did Xtrain bis and tris premix rounds 1-5. Good to be back. I'm contemplating doing Xtrain CBS shortest premix tonight. I'm not sure if I'll do legs, cardio/HiiT or combo/metabolic/RWH CLB. So many faves to choose from!!

Diet has been good today:
Breakfast- protein shake with cashew milk and fruit
Snack: brown cow strawberry yogurt
Lunch: roasted cauliflower, 1/2 apple, 4 oz chicken breast
Snack: 2 turkey stick and cheddar cheese stick
While making dinner snack: roasted carrots in Old Bay
Dinner will be salad with home made balsamic and 21 day fix Mexican lasagna: whole wheat tortillas, refried black beans, ground chicken thigh, 2 peppers, onion and 2c cheeses. Hopefully it will be good.
Eagles game snack: chips with guacamole and salsa

Hopefully all that food will keep me away from the chocolate chips!!

Hi ladies! Things are finally getting back to normal around here. My dad is ok and is feeling better every day. It's been a bit complicated with the IV antibiotic at home. Yesterday he had the splints removed that straightened out his septum so he sounds a lot better and feels less congested. Sunday I called and got him anti nausea medicine and he's finally eating better and not losing everything. My mom is doing her best and I finally got a good night's sleep last night.

On the exercise front, I'm with you LL-I'm just doing what I feel like doing for a bit. I lost at least a week of Body Beast and the last time I did it I must have lifted too heavy because my lat/shoulder muscles were hurting in a bad way. Yesterday I did Crossfire and abs-mostly cardio and used light weights. My shoulder feels better today, but I'm still going to give it some rest from weights. I just decided to do a premix I've never done before from the Legs and Glutes/KPC dvd-Kickbox cardio+combos and weights mixed in. It's about 80 minutes, but I like and know all the exercises and need to get back into working out!

Diana, glad you found some new shoes! I love getting new shoes and having that bouncy feeling for a bit! Congrats on getting through most of STS Meso 1 . Mess 2 is my favorite section as well. Are you looking for a new home office chair? You could get really radical and sit on the big ball and work your abs all day! Talk about multi-tasking!

Tina, hope your procedure goes well. Exercising helps me with the stress of waiting and it sounds like you and your family are all in it together. How big is your puppy now? Do you walk him frequently? Is he still just as cute?!

Thanks you all for your thoughts for my dad!

Beth

Beth- happy to hear your dad is on the mend!

I did get XTrain CBS rounds 1-5 33 min in last night! This morning I did CLB rounds 1-6 32 min. We have Awana for the kids and date night tonight so I won't be doing another wo. Tomorrow will be a rest day unless I can do something in the evening. But it's my marathon day so I may be too tired to do anything but plan school for the next week.

Today I didn't measure anything food wise and it was ok until pasta at dinner.

Random stuff: will Little K ever stop pooping in his pants???? Why do my boys continue to throw things that they think are ok, like pillows and then one breaks an old fashioned candle holder, glass??? Wedding gift. Why can't I lose weight? Maybe a better question is why don't I have self control with food?? I saw a thread on here some where about a woman 36, 5'8.5" and 140 wondering why she can lose weight?!?!?!?!? I'm 5'9" and at 175.4. So stinking frustrating!!!

But very happy to be back with Cathe! I'm finished with trying any new workouts that don't come from her for a long time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Today was Disc 11-Back & Triceps....only 1 more disc to go finish up Meso 1!

I've been cleaning out the bathroom vanities. There is so much junk crammed under them and I'm happy to be throwing out a ton of junk! It seems the only way I'll get organized is if I'm forced to. The vanities have to be completely empty when the remodeling starts. It won't take much to throw what we need in a box. They will be remodeling 2 of the 3 bathrooms starting Nov. 2nd, and the 3rd bathroom will be done the week of Nov. 9th. I'm super excited.

I brought up our "old" desk chair from the basement. It seems to be helping but I really want a stand up work station. I had one at one of my previous jobs and it worked the best for me. No slouching or poor posture as the day went on, and no knee pain. The ball is too short for my desk.

LL-your diet looks great for today. To be honest, I had to stop buying chocolate chips because I eat the out of the bag. I did buy some last week for some homemade chocolate chip cookies I made as a treat for my family. I've started mostly limiting baking sweets to Thanksgiving or Christmas; mainly because I'm an over-eater and am unable to just eat one of anything pretty much. I enjoy following Cathe's monthly rotations too. It's just easier to not have to try to figure out what to do each day.

Beth-glad your Dad is doing so much better. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Hope your shoulder feels better soon. My knees are still really hurting. If it was due to my shoes, they would be feeling better by know. I think it's my desk/chair setup that is causing the knee pain. I've started wearing shoes too and I think that's helping.

Tina-Did you get your results yet? Waiting is the hardest part. We are here for you!

bbl

Hi all,

Yesterday was the premix and it went fast! My shoulder is still inflamed, but feeling a little better everyday. So, today will be PRS2. If there's one thing I've learned it's to not go back to weights too fast!

Diana, too bad about your knees. Mine tend to hurt more when my hamstrings are tight and extra stretching them helps some.

LL, glad I'm not the only one who gets frustrated! Date night sounds like such a good idea! DH opened up the bag of Hershey's chocolate chips yesterday....right there with you! I'm like Diana, I have started to really limit the baking. Is there something the boys like that you don't? Honestly, I never found anything, which is why I've stopped baking except at birthdays! It sounds like you could take a day off today without losing any gains. Have you thought about paying yourself for good eating days? If you can eat clean the whole day, pay yourself something-a quarter-whatever. Then when you save enough, buy a new dvd! Just a suggestion...

Tina, hope all is well.

Beth

Today was a five mile hike with my sister and my Uncle who is visiting here from Ireland. He's 75 and hiked like a boss!! We brought the older golden retriever along and he ran circles around us. When I got home I had a message on the machine from my doctor that my endo biopsy was normal, so it's been a fantastic day! :) I'm still really sore from the biopsy, but at least I don't need major surgery.

Beth, that's great news about your dad! Poor guy, being nauseated on top of everything else. I'm glad you were able to get him something for that. The puppy is five months old this week and weighs 54 pounds. We've been walking him a couple miles a day, but they're slow walks. Hopefully the trainer will give him a training collar this week.

Diana, I need to clean out out vanities too. I could probably fill two garbage bags with all the half empty bottles under them. Yay for your new sneakers! DH is complaining about his shoulder with STS. He did this last time he tried to do it. I keep telling him he'll enjoy Meso 2 more and to just keep with it. Maybe it's all the push ups in Meso 1.

LL, I'm with you on Cathe only purchases. The only other instructor I trust is Amy Bento and she doesn't seem to be making videos any longer.

Hi Ladies,

This morning was 4DS KB/BC cardio premix. Tomorrow will be disc 12 and the end of Meso 1! I hope to do 5 days of BR before starting Meso 2. My knee pain makes cardio hard, but after getting into it a bit they start feeling better. It's the inside/outside and top of shin/below knee cap that hurts. I find that the standing quad stretch also stretches helps the painful areas. I'm positive it has something to do with my new desk/chair set up at home. If it was a workout, it would've started feeling better by now. Probably in another month or so I'll be buying a stand up work station. I'm going to cancel Black Fire because I'm not using it. I may let it go for one more month, but I honestly have so many w/o's to choose from already.

Beth-listening to your body is key. I never really got into PRS1 and 2, not sure why. It seems I have my favs and tend to stick with them. Great job with PRS!!! I love baking too. It's easier to do at the holidays and send home all the goodies with my kids or nieces and nephews. What a great idea for LL!!

Tina-glad to hear you got the all clear on your biopsy results! Wow, you must activity in your genes. That is wonderful your 75 yr old uncle hikes like a boss!!! :) You would think we are a family of girls instead of boys with all the junk I through out. Half used or unwanted hair, skin, nail.. products etc. that I through out. I have bicep tendonitis, its inflammation of the tendon that attaches the bicep muscle to the front of the shoulder. Anytime my elbow breaks the plane of my body I have to be very careful. This why I usually choose alternate exercises for tricep dips or tricep pushups. What is the source of your DH's shoulder pain?

LL-I second Beth's suggestion. That way you will be motivated to eat clean and save up for your next fitness purchase!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.