Feb 26th 2015

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Attention Cathe Live Subscribers: Thursday Feb 26th at 9:15am EST "Bootcamp with Step" Live . We will be doing cycles consisting of cardio blasts followed by lower body & then upper body focus... After we finish all the cycles, we will conclude with core work on the mat.

Equipment Needed... Full-sized step (with two risers under each side) totaling 8 inches.... Modify higher or lower if preferred).

Varied handweights ranging from 5 to 15 pounds.

A fitness mat

Carol - I'm trying to fit this routine into this week's workouts - it certainly looked 'killer', as you said. Was it 'Cardio killer' or more 'strength killer-with-cardio intervals'? Does that make sense, even? Probably better to ask if I'm likely to get DOMs????
Thanks!

Carol - I'm trying to fit this routine into this week's workouts - it certainly looked 'killer', as you said. Was it 'Cardio killer' or more 'strength killer-with-cardio intervals'? Does that make sense, even? Probably better to ask if I'm likely to get DOMs????
Thanks!

I just finished this workout. It's more cardio killer with strength. I don't expect to get DOMS, but I did get winded. I should add that your muscles will fatigue during the workout because of the high reps.

Haha, Justine! It was an all around killer for me, lol. I pushed myself on the strength segments with heavier weights and I used two risers under each side of my step bench. I always try to go a little heavier on the weights to challenge myself. I used 10s, 12s, and 15s. Also, I'm usually up early and raring to go on Thursdays in anticipation of the Live class, so I typically begin exercising shortly after I awaken. (It keeps me away from the fridge!) That said, today I did Travel Fit as my warm up. I use weights for some of the exercises in Travel Fit when I'm doing it at home since the weights are right there. Between Travel Fit and Bootcamp, my butt was kicked hard by Cathe today. :)

Have fun! It was a great class (as are all Cathe's Live classes.) I am sooooo loving it. :D

thank you so much for the details - that's Saturday sorted! Like you did, I'll go heavier on the weights - thanks for letting me know what you used. I might not manage another workout as a warm up though....no wonder Cathe killed you!

I did this one yesterday and thought it was great fun. A good balance of weights with a cardio drills which weren't so exhausting that they distracted me from grabbing heavyish weights. But, yes Laura, no deb and roe. I love deb- her form is always perfect

Tried this one this morning and loved it! I went heavier on legs (20 lbs.) and matched Cathe for upperbody. The combination of weights and cardio kept my heartrate up the entire time. This is definitely a favorite for me. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.