Thankful 40's+

I'm going to take it easy for a few days (ie. keep my head in a vertical position). I "tested" to see if the epley maneuver worked and I think it's all just too sensitive, got sick again (not super dizzy though), I felt I was in a tilt-a-whirl ride all day, today I just feel like I got off a month long cruise ship.

Roxie, was the relief instantaneous? I remember from last time that I was uber dizzy for3 days...I never knew what the problem was back then since it was compounded by meds and neck issues. And I've been taking allergy meds since spring, I do know my sinuses feel achy so taking excedrin. The pharmacy job does sound cool.

Good Morning,

I did KCM's Muscle Definition 1 and my muscles are shaking. I have to go talk to the pharmacist today and then we are headed up to see GS its SIL's 30 birthday DD is having a surprise party for him.

Lisa-he said the epley manuver doesn't work he did something else that was pretty close and yes it was almost instant. Sinus infection gets it every time and I always stock Meclizine.

Today did Burn Sets, bi's and tri's. I missed the weights. I think XTrain is one of my favorite series. The new one coming out looks like fun.

Lisa - I only do the maneuver as needed. I am glad you are feeling better.
Ronne - how was the party?
Jody - I hope you are feeling better.

Waves to all,
Murphy

Good morning! Yesterday did XT B&T, like Murphy! Went to the ENT yesterday, as the doctor said I am maturing! Lol! I have a small amount of hearing loss in one of my ears that is affecting the nerve which causes the dizziness, he said it will take my body a bit to adjust, so I have to wait it out! Hope it passes quickly! Lisa, how are you feeling? Murphy, the new set of DVDs kind of scares me! I hope I will be able to do them! I will give it a try tho! Roxie, congrats on the job! How old is GS now? Jody, did you rest up from work? Ronne, I know you are having fun! Not sure what I will do today, have to go sit with my dvds and see what calls to me! Have a good day! Mary

Did cardio leg blast. I still have some trouble completing it without taking a break. Odd part is that I upped my weights. Maybe I will try lighter weights next time and see if that allows me enough energy to complete all of the cardio. I am not going STS heavy, just heavier than before. I will have to try it.

Mary - good luck with the ear. I hope you adjust soon.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Good Morning,

I walked on the TM for 30 minutes then Total Body Stretch 1 and will do planks later.

Murphy-dropping the wts should help you get through it but its still tough.

Good Evening,

Do any of you know which of the Low Impact Series or Xtrain series workouts are like Drillmax cardio blasts?

Last edited:
Did Ride premix. Doing better with some of the surges, not too bad this time. I have been trying to incorporate more spinning. I used to love it and then I stopped and could not get back into it. I am slowly getting the spinning mojo back - very slowly.
It is a high of 70 today, after a low of 30 last week. ???

Roxie - I would need to look at it again, but LIS Cardio SuperSets comes to mind. The 4DS BC may be more like DM.

Waves to all.
Murphy

Hi everyone

Murphy - good to see you. Glad to hear you're literally back in the saddle!

Roxie - is AOLIH a bit like DM cardio?

Mary - so you're all finished now? I bet it's nice to have some more time.

Lisa - that dizziness sounds horrible. I hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Hi Jody, hope you're not working too hard.

Well, I am absolutely shattered. I could barely get out of bed this morning. The weekend was a success, my brother and family flew over and stayed with us. So we've had two boys aged 3 & 5 here. Then my mum and dad came down and it was a big surprise for mum. We had champagne and cake and went out to eat on Sat night.
It's very quiet here now. Did KCM PB 1 today. Just felt like that was all I could manage.
Now, I've really got to start thinking about Christmas, present and card buying etc.

Good Morning,

I did KCM's Circuit Burn 1 and CK25 WK1 D1 having somepain in my mid back and between the shoulder blades so planks might not get done. I have cleaned my entire house going up to get my mom for Thanksgiving she is going to stay for a couple of days even thought I am starting my new job tomorrow.

Ronne-thank you I used to have that workout but got rid of it so I couldn't remember what it was like.

Murphy-good job with your workout.

Hi ladies! Well, Saturday I took it easy but did get in a dog walk, then Sunday I did spinning, and today KCM YBB premix workout 1 and 2 no legs (I liked it). I like KCM's exercises for UB, a nice fresh spin, kind of how I feel with XT CBS (not the BS one). I'm feeling much better, the nausea stayed with me a couple of days....I think for someone with major motion sickness the spinning just got me waaaay off kilter. I can even get motion sick just looking a water from a dock. So, now I know when I start to experience dizziness to do the Epley, I think it was just building up the last month until it got to where I had to figure something out.

Mary, Hope your body gets used to the dizziness....did doc give you any timeframe? I think I'd prefer the rocks as I"m not sure my body would get used to being dizzy. Yes, this getting older is frustrating when things start to give way and we don't feel old!

Ronne, how's the bedroom? Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Roxie, yep, planks anger my muscles between my shoulder blades so I haven't done them (I prefer no pain to stronger core) :)

Murphy, It seems you have to pick between cardio or legs when doing CLB, if you want more cardio use lighter weights (that's what I normally do).

Jody, how's the workouts going for you?

Hi girls! Today did rumble by Amy Bento, yesterday was yoga. Lisa, glad you are feeling better! Dr said it would take a month or two to adjust. As long as I can keep my anxiety under controll when it happens, I'll be good. Just a terrible feeling, the spinning and lightheaded ness! It makes me nervous! Roxie, have fun at the new job! Jody, you still working? Murphy, I think I have only done CLB twice, it's a hard one! Ronne, so glad your moms birthday went well! Have to get to parent teacher conferences for the twins! Have a good evening, Mary

Mary, Oh I had anxiety too with it....by the end of that awful day my neck hurt from the anxiety and I had a monster headache yet didn't feel I could take much meds because my stomach was so queezy! I ate so much bread to try to calm my stomach down and thankfully I had valiuum for nighttime for the anxiety. Now I know for next time what to do and I told DH to remind me when I say I'm dizzy to do the Epley (it seems I'm forgetting more...oh, my what else can go wrong?). lol

Did BS but chest and back only and added abs. I will do shoulders tomorrow or another day. I really need to get the shoulder work in, that is a week area. I am behind schedule, as usual, so no personals.

Murphy

Hi everyone

Roxie - good luck with the new job!

Lisa - I might have a look at that premix, I've not done any from YBB. KCM does some good premixes. I'm getting lots of inspiration for workouts from everyone at the moment.

Mary - did the conferences go well? I'm sure you heard lots of good things about both of them.

Murphy - that's a good idea just doing the two body parts. I might do that myself sometime.

So, inspired by a mention on here recently I did 4DS BC cardio. It was easier than I remembered, I think Cathe's made that sort of thing a lot more challenging since.
Another quiet work day, unfortunately. Going to get on with a bit of housework instead.

Good morning! Today did a Jari workout, legs, chest and back, I'm actually shaking after it! Lol! Ronne, have fun cleaning! Conferences went well, they are doing well, the best part was how enjoyable they are and their beautiful spirits. That made me happy! Roxie hope work went well today! Lisa, I'm glad to hear about your anxiety also! I'm not the only nervous one! The anxiety is not knowing when the feeling will come, then the anxiety when it does, so then I'm anxious waiting for it! Lol! I'm crazy! Just glad I'm not alone, so thank you! Murphy, how early do you get up? Jody, are you still working? Taking kids to movies tonite, Big Hero 6, Hope it's good! Mary

I did PRS2 (minus finished combo), my quads are still sore from spinning monday (I did heavy hills). Oh and my biceps have major DOMS (and with only 8 lb weights). I'm just happy to finally do some meaningful UB work! Too cold and windy for much of a dog walk!

Ronne, I wish I could get inspiration on workouts, I'm still in a funk (even though I'm feeling tons better....I never knew how dizzy I was until now when I move around while working out waiting for the little dizzy spell and there isn't any).

Murphy, I love only doing certain body parts and not the whole dvd (though I feel guilty)

Mary, I haven't done Jari in forever, a bit worried it's too much still for my UB...that's why I like KCM.

Good Evening,

I am completely exhausted from work kind of just got thrown into things it was so busy and the person training me went home early so the other lady was trying to train 3 of us. No personals its almost 7 didn't get home until 6:30

Hi everyone

Roxie - sounds like a busy day.

Lisa - how wonderful to have DOMS instead of pain for you!

Mary - I know what you mean about the kids, it feels great when people say nice things about them, rather than just their academic achievements. Sounds like you need yoga at the moment!

Hi Jody if you're tiredly peering at the screen!

Planned to do some weights today but my back was hurting a bit when I got out of bed so did yoga instead. It was a good one, but my relaxation got disturbed when the doorbell rang at the end!
Man had come to put a replacement part in the bedroom furniture (they'd supplied the wrong colour at first). He took one look and said that he'd been given the same thing again! So, he's reordering it. At least we still don't have to pay them till it's finished!!

Hi everyone. Not much workout to report, just one in the past 12 days or so prior to yesterday when I did a most of L+G and today most of SC. Ronne I bet you will enjoy that room once its done. Roxie crazy work can wear you out. Lisa and Mary, I hope you are less dizzy. Hugs, that sounds miserable. Mary I 'm going to see that movie w/ dd Friday I think, we were supposed to go earlier but stuff got in the way. Lisa I bought some Moving comfort capris the turquoise ones Cathe wore, they inspired me to w/o. Murphy, good luck getting caught up. Have a good TG all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.