TA method ... No wonder!

Cupcake

Cathlete
So after trying to look for something to do after Laryngitis and a bum shoulder, I decided to try Tracy Anderson. Now I'm not too sure about all her talk about small muscle groups or her research ( I don't know if she cited any sources ) and her puréed diets, but the shoulder circles seemed to loosen up some upper back tightness and the shoulder. Some people seem to swear by her method and I figured I really couldn't do much anyway at the moment.
I purchased Mat workout and enjoy it and some others.
Today I decided to try Metamorphosis Level 1. Well...i suppose if you did cardio daily plus that workout you would see results! That thing was not easy!
Forty reps of leg lifts in plank! People who had negative comments probably didn't complete the rotation. It looked easy on preview but certainly wasn't! I had the ipad on the mat playing it from youtube and had to pause it to complete the reps. Now I think this woman is a very plausible exercise alternative :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So after trying to look for something to do after Laryngitis and a bum shoulder, I decided to try Tracy Anderson. Now I'm not too sure about all her talk about small muscle groups or her research ( I don't know if she cited any sources ) and her puréed diets, but the shoulder circles seemed to loosen up some upper back tightness and the shoulder. Some people seem to swear by her method and I figured I really couldn't do much anyway at the moment.
I purchased Mat workout and enjoy it and some others.
Today I decided to try Metamorphosis Level 1. Well...i suppose if you did cardio daily plus that workout you would see results! That thing was not easy!
Forty reps of leg lifts in plank! People who had negative comments probably didn't complete the rotation. It looked easy on preview but certainly wasn't! I had the ipad on the mat playing it from youtube and had to pause it to complete the reps. Now I think this woman is a very plausible exercise alternative :)

You really know how to suck people into a conversation, don't you? There were a lot, and I mean a lot of people who complained about how hard her program is/was, many washed out. I'll get back to you on the latter stages of Meta, but, as I just realized, I lost weight & "mass" quicker with her than anything, and garnered pretty awesome core strength & aerobic fitness to boot! I love her.

Too bad it's a bazillion reps like Tonique! Bit of dread factor there for me but i should really give these types of workouts a chance. I've heard good things as well, but it sounds like you have to spend a longer amount of time getting all those reps in or am i wrong??

It's funny, so many reviews about lack of cueing...or communication...but in the new ones where she talks... You would rather she didn't. Only because, I don't want her counting the reps out loud. And if you do the reps for the META... Technically I would pause the video. So really, I don't need to look at it after I previewed it. So music and lack of cueing is a moot point. :)
40 reps.
But I dread all workouts anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really know how to suck people into a conversation, don't you? There were a lot, and I mean a lot of people who complained about how hard her program is/was, many washed out. I'll get back to you on the latter stages of Meta, but, as I just realized, I lost weight & "mass" quicker with her than anything, and garnered pretty awesome core strength & aerobic fitness to boot! I love her.
:) I decided to get META because after trying her Dance + Cardio with Post Pregnancy, everything was sore the next day. It felt like my entire torso was splinted. And I thought if she could do that with no equipment and ( the cardio in this one was beginner and hardly any impact ) dance aerobics then maybe she wasn't peddling snake venom after all.
And right now my lower ab flab is as sore as my buns.

:) I decided to get META because after trying her Dance + Cardio with Post Pregnancy, everything was sore the next day. It felt like my entire torso was splinted. And I thought if she could do that with no equipment and ( the cardio in this one was beginner and hardly any impact ) dance aerobics then maybe she wasn't peddling snake venom after all.

It's a different mindset, I did about 86 days or so of Meta Omni, 2011, that's over 3 months straight with 1 day off every 7th day, each sequence for 10 days, 1 thru 9. These videos always made me smile, and someday I'd like to do it, a bootcamp. The way they talk, it sounds like an authentic experience to me. Those women are funny. When things work, and you get a good feeling out of it, enjoy it, there's nothing to complain about. IDK, looks like so much fun. Except the painful part, lol.

Too bad it's a bazillion reps like Tonique! Bit of dread factor there for me but i should really give these types of workouts a chance. I've heard good things as well, but it sounds like you have to spend a longer amount of time getting all those reps in or am i wrong??

I did as much as I could do in the 30 minute workout. I don't think I ever did all the reps on any workout, not many if any, and used the rebounder for the 30 minute dance cardio for the whole 90 days. Still lost 10 pounds, and a lot of inches. I did eat pretty clean then too. 15oo cal. a day. I never really go below that, I like to eat, and I like my veggies.

I would love to lose atleast ten pounds :) did you use the cardio in meta on the rebounder or did u get her DVD rebounder workout?
I used the Low Impact Hiit warm up before the Meta Cardio but took air of breaks, I did however enjoy a YouTube dance remix of her Continuity 1 Cardio set to Gangnam Style!

I would love to lose atleast ten pounds :) did you use the cardio in meta on the rebounder or did u get her DVD rebounder workout?
I used the Low Impact Hiit warm up before the Meta Cardio but took air of breaks, I did however enjoy a YouTube dance remix of her Continuity 1 Cardio set to Gangnam Style!

I used the Meta dance cardio, still use that sometimes on the rebounder, I do her beginner dance cardio and Dance + cardio now, on the floor, I couldn't do any dance cardio on the floor back then. Which is really kind of crazy because at the end of that 90 days I started Kangooing and by May I was running. (I still couldn't do dance cardio for sh*t, but dammit, I could run!) I do like the Tel Aviv video but don't have internet in my workout area. I like the Doonya girls now for dance cardio, it's different & fun.

I saw an ad for Doonya when they had that convention in LA, so I thought I might try some of that. I might even try out Zumba this year if enough enablers chime in about it. lol. One other thing I saw advertised at that convention was this little number...Skulpt...Looks pretty interesting and I would be very interested in seeing how Tracy's workouts effect muscle quality, my body fat was the lowest back then, didn't change much when running, got worse when I had a poor diet & lack of exercise for a while, it's going back down now with Jillian's workouts. I try different things. That device looks cool.

Oh, in combination, Meta Omni 30 minutes + Meta rebound dance cardio 30 minutes gave me the best results, 6 days a week. Neither are calorie burners, you don't get real hungry.

So, if someone wanted to try some Anderson style dance cardio, what would you recommend? What has the best music, most interesting but do-able moves? Which DVD of hers delivers the most fun?

I'm no sure I'm up for 80 reps of leg lifts, who knows? But I like what she says about the support muscles. I think, basically, as we get older and we move in set, predicable ways, we just lose that lithe, loose, flexible way in which we used to inhabit our bodies. So I am keen to try new ways of moving because I want to get some of that back.

So, what do you ladies recommend? Who else should we be looking at? I don't think Doonya is for me, but the music is catchy!

Clare

I wouldn't exactly call her dance moves fun...the one in Meta was just high impact jumping around to keep your heart rate up for half an hour. The older stuff was too complicated. The Dance + Cardio and the last two levels of her Beginner Cardio are okay for easy cardio. I actually like the Youtube remixes that people made. I think Step Up workouts are more enjoyable dance workouts. The Meta reminded me of Jane Fonda's very first workouts. Only more random.

Love TA. She is not selling snake oil! Her workouts are effective. I completed Meta Omni and didn't even do her cardio but walked with Leslie. Lost pounds and inches. I had to build up to the number of reps and found myself on pause and in child's pose a lot in the beginning. I also didn't mind her lack of cuing and found it soothing...none of all that counting. I have most of her DVDs. A new one is coming out in March Method Express with 10 minute segments for arms etc. Anyone who laughs at her 3 lb. Weights should really try it first. She fries my arms with or without weights.

Cardio Dance for Beginners & Dance + Cardio are both good, I should say groovy because they do have kind of a retro feel to them. I'm using them with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution for a warm up, which also has an old school kind of feel to it, maybe because it looks like it was filmed in an old school? Cardio Dance is a dark set, the others are bright & cheery. I'm pretty awful at the dance cardio, though.

Which META did you end up getting? Curious about how to choose.

I looked at clips online and I'm a bit worried tho: obviously a clip can't show a full sequence but it looks like she's just bopping around, making it up as she goes along, no development to the moves and no repeat on the other side type stuff. Also, no cueing at all so how to know what to do? Is it all this random or can you actually pick up her moves?

I would need hipcentric for sure, that's where all my undesired flesh goes to every time.

Clare

Dance Cardio and Dance Cardio 2 has a tutorial. I can't follow Dance Cardio but I can't dance. Meta is just high impact aerobics so I think any aerobic activity would sub well. I'm certainly not doing that everyday for 90 days...whatever she says. ( Any more than I would purée my food or down beet juice ) I'm sure if I did I would transform faster....I don't doubt that, but I'm really in no hurry.

No Claire, the clip holds true. But some are fun...check out the clip of Continuity 1 set to Gangnam Style. Or her very old out of Print Dance Aerobics song 2 set to Back in Time.

Last edited:
Lol the Scorpio in me is very interested in obtaining this....does anyone know which year and disc and centric it is? I know its Continuity. Just for entertainment purposes. Scroll it to 10:14 and tell me you're not thinking what I'm thinking. Could just imagine if the significant other came home to find you doing that ...

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.