Tonight I'm obsessed with singer Michael W. Smith

LOL, Bam. He's happily married with lots of kiddos, but I'm sure he'd be flattered! How funny! I used to have those same "unpure" thoughts about him too! Such a cutie!

Amber Liann, thanks so much for the pic! He really is a cutie. When I was watching the Place in This World video (and watched, and watched, and watched ;) ) somehow I was able to muster up thoughts of what I'd like to do to him (ooh, is that Christian like? :eek:) even through my yucky state of being.

Christine, I do have a Blockbuster near me. I'll be on my way there soon! :D

Bam

Bwahahaha! Don't feel bad Bam. I had many un-Christinan-like thoughts as well! :eek: LOL!

I think he has 5 kids but I don't have to think about them. I'll go to church now and get cleansed!!!! :D:D:D

Bam

I had never heard of Michael Smith, so I followed the link; and I listened. He sings so passionately; I am hooked. I am looking forward to discovering more of his music. I also hope that you are feeling better.

I grew up listening to michael w smith and even now when I hear him on the radio I get flashbacks to being 12 yrs old or so. Esp that song you posted.
I really like Steven Curtis Chapman also although I don't listen to much music anymore. Also used to listen to Chris Rice alot.

Last edited:
AliCurtis, I'm so glad you like him! Isn't it fun discovering new music, especially if it touches you somehow? Let me know how you like his other selections. I'm doing so-so today but I keep plugging along. Thank you!

Calvillo, I think that song of his must be the most poplular. It touches so many people personally. At least for me it does. I haven't listened to Steven Curtis Chapman's music but so many people here have mentioned it so I'm going to have to check him out. I hope I'm not going to have another obsession when I see him! :p

Bam

"Somewhere Somehow" is one of my favorite MWS songs. It's a duet with Amy Grant. Check it out. ;)

Thanks Amber Liann and Jacque. I'm running out the door now but will check them out later on. Ooh, I can't wait!

Bam

My favorite MWS song (right now) is Might to Save:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYZQ6KN13jU

And my favorite Steven Curtis Chapman song is Cinderella:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhARnoy6sPY

Hope you're doing better today BAM. I hope these songs encourage you:)

Jacque - SCC sang Cinderella at the concert and had us all in tears. He told us about how he wrote it - he was attempting to give his 2 little girls a bath and get them to bed ASAP so he could write, they kept wanting to play though and they both ran and dressed up like Disney Princesses and wanted to go to the ball. He said after Maria died, he wasn't sure he would ever be able to sing it again. :( Then he sang it and I swear even my DH looked like he was going to cry!

Jacque - SCC sang Cinderella at the concert and had us all in tears. He told us about how he wrote it - he was attempting to give his 2 little girls a bath and get them to bed ASAP so he could write, they kept wanting to play though and they both ran and dressed up like Disney Princesses and wanted to go to the ball. He said after Maria died, he wasn't sure he would ever be able to sing it again. :( Then he sang it and I swear even my DH looked like he was going to cry!

I have to fight the tears everytime I listen to the song. If you watch the video it's a tribute to Maria and has clips of her along with SCC telling the story of how he came up with the idea of the song. I love the message behind the song. To treasure all the little moments because before you know it they'll be gone.

Hi, BAM --
I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. I find so much hope and inspiration in Christian music, and there is so much out there that is AWESOME!!! I've loved MWS since I was in college -- my friends and I listened to "Friends" over and over and over as we neared graduation and going our separate ways. His movie -- "The Second Chance" -- is very good -- touching -- it makes me cry -- in a good way! I also love his recent song "Come to the Cross" -- very inspiring, and I like to run to it.'

I also love Rich Mullins -- after he died suddenly, his friends and band members put together an album called "The Jesus Record" -- one CD is the songs the band had been rehearsing for a new album, which they recorded one day spur of the moment in an old church shortly before he died. The other CD has the same songs professionally recorded by other artists and members of his band. One song is sort of a splice of the Rich Mullins rough cut and a Michael W. Smith studio version of "That Where I Am, There You May Also Be." It's very cool!

I love all the artists mentioned too. Mighty to Save is my ring tone right now. :D The Laura Story version though. ;)Before that it was God of This City (Chris Tomlin) and Redeemed. (Nicole C. Mullen)

Unfortunately things have been more difficult than usual for me lately. I never made it out of my pj's today. I've been playing on youtube trying to think of songs that I'd like to hear. One of my favorites is "Place in This World" by Michael W. Smith. So I've been listening to it over and over and crying and decided to at least have my tears be productive so I did a little research on him. I think I'm in love! :eek: He's had quite a go of it and turned his life around and is successful in so many areas of his life. He's SO cute in the video which was shot several years ago. His looks have changed somewhat throughout the years (hey, whose hasn't) but for my saddened state today, I think I will maintain the image of him in that video. At least my spirits get lifted for a moment. ;)

If anyone's interested, here are the links.
Bam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzst4XavuQ&feature=PlayList&p=D75A9D5971AE605D&index=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_W._Smith

This song always brings tears to my eyes.

I love, love, love Michael W. Smith's Christmas CD's especially. MWS puts on a great Christmas concert (I went many years ago). Both of the mentioned artists are fabulous in my opinion. Stephen Curtis Chapman has recently lived through a horrific tragedy.

Bam, I hope you are doing better. I've definitely had one of the toughest years of my life. Music, my faith, my workouts, and the best friends in the whole wide world have pulled me through. I wish the absolute best for you.

I love, love, love Michael W. Smith's Christmas CD's especially. MWS puts on a great Christmas concert (I went many years ago). Both of the mentioned artists are fabulous in my opinion. Stephen Curtis Chapman has recently lived through a horrific tragedy.

Bam, I hope you are doing better. I've definitely had one of the toughest years of my life. Music, my faith, my workouts, and the best friends in the whole wide world have pulled me through. I wish the absolute best for you.

Thank you so much for your well wishes! I am VERY happy for you that you had many areas of support this past year and have gotten past your challenges. Good friends are sent angels and make all the difference in the world. I'm looking forward to the day when these episodes I'm dealing with are behind me. I really want to hear his Christmas cd's. I might just have to resurrect Christmas in April. :D

Bam

Bam,

Thank you for mentioning Michael W. Smith. He is a great singer with a terrific message. If you listen to his Christmas CD's, I hope you get one that has "Gloria" on it. That one gives me goose bumps every time.

Also as Kristi and Jillybean mentioned, Rich Mullins is terrific as well. Whenever I am feeling down, his song "If I Stand" helps me to remember that no matter how I feel, I am not alone.

I hope you feel better soon.

Bam,

Thank you for mentioning Michael W. Smith. He is a great singer with a terrific message. If you listen to his Christmas CD's, I hope you get one that has "Gloria" on it. That one gives me goose bumps every time.

Also as Kristi and Jillybean mentioned, Rich Mullins is terrific as well. Whenever I am feeling down, his song "If I Stand" helps me to remember that no matter how I feel, I am not alone.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Lori Ann. I'm listening to "If I Stand" now. It's a great song. I've already listened to a couple of the other recommended songs and I have a few more to go.

I appreciate all the support and suggestions. It's ALL truly helping me.

Blessings to every single one of you!!!!!
Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.