monday in the <<<CHEETAH>>> den

HUMPH! I crapped out on weights this afternoon. I'm not surprised though. I have a really hard type lifting after a run. I truly prefer to do weights first but there was no way that was happening today. Oh well. I've re-worked my scheduled and will deal with it.

So I just signed DH and myself up for the 5k Race on Labor Day. He can't back out now! BWAHAHAHAH! I looked up last year's time. It was 29:44.5. I must beat it! I already ran a faster 5k since then. It was the Spring into Summer 5k that I did with Shelly a while back! Hopefully I'll be able to do it again! :)

Off to wash dishes. BBL!

Last edited:
Carole :: nice that Dexter is on its way--just in time for the new season. :) No, you are right about Radcliffe--she did have an illness, but I also thought the heat was a factor. But don't go by me. I have trouble remembering what I ate 24 hrs ago. :) Oh gosh--a broken arm?? The poor guy.

Karen :: I wouldn't worry about failing once in awhile on account of eggs. I was just reading an article somewhere about how the bad rap eggs have gotten in recent years is undeserved.

Jackie :: hope that report is in the bag, so you can come & play again tomorrow.

Shelly :: glad you enjoyed your run in Fairmount Park. Smiling at you not doing the Rocky run. The theme song came on my iPod the other day when it was set to shuffle mode, and I will admit, it did put a little spring in my step...I am doing OK with the long runs. The last two (16, 11) were tough. I'm actually blogging about it, if you care to read it.

Gloria :: that sounded like a doozy of a workout--great job! Mmm, Outback. I'm daydreaming now about a bloomin' onion. Enjoy!!

Wendy :: ut oh, it's ON now, huh, between you & DH? :)

Finished LIC ub premix + abs this afternoon. Must have the bonus cardio in that particular mix because I'd never seen that last segment before. Threw me for a loop but nonetheless a great workout.

I'm thinking I need to call the dentist tomorrow. Toothache. :confused:

Have a great night, everyone!

Hi Girls!

I went for a 3 mile run w/the kids this morning. They were stealing my Nuun water. Guess, I'll have to get the belt with all those little bottles....one for each. LOL! I came back and ran on the treadmill for a total of 4.5 miles. I then did stability ball abs from B&G, stretching and foam rolling. We went to the library today and they each checked out a stack of books. We've only been there one other time this summer. :eek: Luckily, we have enough books here from all those blasted book orders to keep them busy. ;)

Carole ~ I looked high and low for those stupid bean...on the bean aisle, Mexican food section, several stores, etc. UGH! I'm guessing we don't carry the "Ranch" brand??? I'll improvise. Thanks though. lol'd about you and your sis jumping in the water. :D I was wondering if you took your shoes off. lol OK, 90+ did NOT feel cool here. Guess we need some 100+ to enjoy this. :p Thanks about the pictures. :)

Karen ~ WTG on your 5K!! Sorry about the "F" in cholesterol. I'll have an F before I even enter anything. :p;) Darn genes! :confused: Yeah, my kids went with me last night and they asked for another sister. :eek: Thanks about the photos. Did you get the cleaning done? Need the Navy?:D:p

Cathy ~ Awww thanks! :eek: Not sure I'd go straight to "refreshed", but relieved. ;) I held my water bottle on today's run just to see how much it would bother me. I think it'll be a good option having a holder for it. :) Why the cheese band in Chicago? LOL I'm so excited to meet all of you!!! :D Sorry about the stomach thing. DH is convinced something is going around. Glad you were able to get more sleep....why does that not happen for me. :rolleyes: lol'd about the train. I was jealous too! My older brother called Ricky a "brat". Guess he was jealous too. ;) Oh no...a tooth ache! :confused:Always something, huh!?!

Wendy~ I [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] know the foam roller gets into those hard to reach/stretch areas. I think it was a good $11 investment.:) Maybe your dh will get the running bug!!!:) I really like those GS premixes. I know what you mean, I had to get GS-C&T done y-day because I missed it this week. I felt uneven too. ;):p I thought I read, "I crapped on the weights..." :eek: lol

Christine ~ You're making lasagna too. I made my mil something else, but now have all the stuff to make lasagna. That's next. Do you make a vegetarian kind? How did it turn out? How's the foot?

Linda ~ Welcome back! WTG on getting those miles in on vacation. :) How's your DD? Gosh, you were having stomach issues too?!!?! We may have to change the Cheetah thread title! lol

Gloria ~ Yes, dh signed up today. No fair I haven't yet! :p I'm waiting until the kids go back to school. He was surprised how much more he needs to eat. :eek: I do think he needs more variety in his diet too. This program, I think, will help. You know the nurses whip those babies around....lol I was changing DD for the first time, I guess, a little too slowly and the nurse stepped in and was way more rough than I. So, I guess newborns are not as fragile as we think. DD (19 mos) once pulled DS (2 months) old off a changing table. :eek: Getting the class all set up again? Nice little Imax 3 & LM blast premix you did.

Lorie ~ Sending healing {{{VIBES}}} your way!

Judy ~ That is a funny story about the bread! :D That foot is being a real pain. :confused:

Jackie ~ Good luck with the report. Nice workout today!

Shelly ~ You're 11 mile run sounds wonderful! That would be fun to run/walk up those stairs at least once. Gotta download the Rocky theme though. ;) WTG on your workouts!

Hi tot he rest of the Cheetahs...no time for proofing. I'm being paged.

sparkpeople

I figured out where my saved foods went on Sparkpeople!!!!! I had two:confused: different user names. Now I am sticking to the one that has my saved foods and it is much easier! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:TG!

Good evening ladies!

Am trying to catch up with everything but it's going to be tough:(.

I wanted to say thanks for all the kind words and hugs. They are *truly* appreciated.

Had a lovely time, although it was *far* too short and my thoughts the entire time were with our friend. Received a call yesterday morning after we had just reached our destination saying that it will be any day now. Just turned my stomach to think that I was away and that could happen any time and that I should have been home, not away taking some time off:(. I think they'll be sending her home in the next day or two. We'll actually be bringing her horse to her house for her to spend a little time with him Tues or Wed.

I seriously doubt you'll be seeing me for the next week or so. Between this^^^ and another away horse show Thurs through Sat I'm going to be hard-pressed to scrounge up any extra time to post....sorry!

Love ya gals and thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.