My Success Story

GymGem

Wow....I have been a group fitness instructor for about five years. For most of those years I was overweight (183lbs 5'3"). I was at a very unhappy place in my life and was an infamous non-eater. When I did eat it was comfort foods. More often than not I was comforted by dear friends Ben and Jerry. When I removed myself from the horrible situation and got it together emotionally, I called a dear friend and personal training mentor. I took a deep breath and told him that I want to compete in a figure competion. Twelve weeks, six meals a day, cardio twice a day, weight training 4 days a week, and teaching 16 class a week later, I was 50 pounds lighter, and had 11% bodyfat....I have competed in figure competions a total of 3 times. My first show I placed 9th, my second show 5th and my most recent show, I placed 3rd!!!!!!

TarHell Mom takes my cylce class and she told me about this wonderful site. At her coaxing, here I am.....Thanks Tarheel MOM....YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Hey GymGem!!!!

Hey folks, GymGem is my spin class instructor on Tuesday nights (and tonight she just kicked our butts every which way but loose! :p)! She does this wicked segment where we get 30 seconds to ride any way we want ("Alright, your ride!", she'll say) and then the NEXT 30 seconds we have to do what she tells us to do ("My ride now!", she'll say with this totally Cathe-like evil smile! ;)) We do this over and over and over for a lot of minutes, and when we think we're about to fall out of the saddle, she throws in a few "isolation" intervals at moderate to heavy resistance, where we have to keep our hips totally still and do ALL the work with our legs. (Sound easy? Try it!!)

I am so glad to see that she's posted her success story here for you all to read, and I'm delighted to welcome her to the Cathe Nation!!!
9.gif

And you guys, if you could see her, your mouths would fall open. She is beautiful, incredibly buff, a great and very confident instructor, and you would NEVER EVER EVER know in a million years that she's ever hand an ounce of excess body fat, let alone been overweight or out of shape.

Welcome again, GymGem -- see you next Tuesday night at spin class! :D

Twelve weeks, six meals a day, cardio twice a day, weight training 4 days a week, and teaching 16 class a week later, I was 50 pounds lighter, and had 11% bodyfat....I have competed in figure competions a total of 3 times. My first show I placed 9th, my second show 5th and my most recent show, I placed 3rd!!!!!!

TarHell Mom takes my cylce class and she told me about this wonderful site. At her coaxing, here I am.....Thanks Tarheel MOM....YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Ohmigosh!!! You lost 50 pounds in 12 weeks -- can I just become YOU!!?? What a great accomplishment, and BTW, WELCOME GymGem. Our sweet KAS speaks so highly of you, so you must be awesome. Welcome to the boards. Looking forward to getting to know you - and maybe spinning with you some day! (Hey Kath -- think I'd need an invite for that one!:))

on all your success so far! Wow,thats amazing! Your story is very inspiring to me because it hits close to home! Im around your previous weight and ive been struggling to lose weight for over a year now. (ive lost over 90lbs and then it just stopped:mad:) What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

And yes,do tell us more about your eating plan...what all did you eat six time a day? How many times a week did you do cardio?

Holy smokes! That is some serious transformation. Congratulations on your continued success & welcome to the boards!

WELCOME!!!!

It's so nice to meet you! Welcome to Catheland! Your story is amazing and motivates me. I am a good friend of Kathy's and we talk often about her killer spin classes. Congratulations on your huge success. I'd also love to see before & after pix if possible. Look forward to getting to know you more.

This is so great!

What'd I tell ya, GymGem? Isn't this the greatest, most supportive and welcoming bunch of people??? :DCheck out this thread, too: http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250708

Please post some more gorgeous pix of yourself and share more details of your amazing transformation journey -- inquiring Catheite minds want to know!!!!

You are definitely officially going to sign up for a Cathe Road Trip, teacher -- all my "homegirls" and "homeboys" here at the Cathe Nation have GOT to meet you in person and vice versa!!! ;)

Meal Plan

The eating was tough, in that I didn't want to eat....nonetheless, meals were very basic, very plain.....4oz of fish(fresh water) and 1/2 cup of green veggies every 2.5-3 hours (some type of fish/flaxseed oil with each meal) multivitamin twice a day and 1-1.5 gallons of water per day....Cardio was 45 mins- 1 hour everyday at least once....(every other day I cardio'd twice a day....on an empty stomach in the early a.m. and at least 2 hours after my last meal.) My cardio was mostly interval....sprint/walk. I would sprint the length of a football field and walk back....or sprint a min. walk a min. on treadmill.....now I strap on my heart rate monitor and jog 4 mins in my fat burning zone and walk for 4 mins. for about 45 mins.....Good Luck....Let me know if I can help.....OOOHHHHHH Punka274m I would like more details on what you are doing exactly....maybe I can help!

Wow! I'm in awe of your success and the rapid transformation you made!
Did you eat Michael Thurmond style meals? Or more Body for Life?
I have 40+ pounds to go and food is my failing point.
Congratulations on your victory over food!
Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.