I have a story too!

Bobbi

Cathlete
As the 12th of thirteen children, 10 girls, 3 boys, I often felt lost in the shuffle. As a youngster, I was very intorverted and as awkward as could be. As I grew up, I remained very immature and I was also always somewhat compulsive. This can be a great problem for an immature person because it often means using things like alcohol or nicotine to deal with stress, never realizing they increase it.

I have never been particularly heavy. I can thank my lean, lanky dad for that but I never knew the lovely stress management of exercise. And I am rather high strung and I think too much! In the early nineties, I quit drinking and smoking, using a clinical trial at the U of A which tested the effects of high doses of nicotine in patch form on heavy smoker. I could easily smoke up to 3 packs a day! I quit smoking and became a runner and discovered something I loved, a positive addiction. All was well for a long while but I haven't ran in 6 months due to plantar fasciitis and I dumped weight training too in a depressive mood not too long ago.

I have also dealt with periodontal gum disease for a while and in January had to have my four front bottom teeth pulled. A soft, high protein diet and a mental muddle and I have dropped another 7 pounds! I just saw a new podiatrist and am getting new orthothics. I have $1,000.00 worth when I pick them up! If in two months the problem is not resolved, I'll have surgery. But I am hopeful. I am frankly intimidated by the New workouts with so much time off but am gearing up to get started again. I know how to proceed. I love exercise and have gained alot of knowledge over the years, much of it right here! I have always been inspired by Annette, Donna and Honeybunch, all so inspiring in different ways!

I am getting a bridge in April! I have to wait for approval from my insurance which is fine because I had to have surgery and bone replacement and it all needs to heal. Oh yeah, and I suffer from depression sometimes too, and we all know how exercise helps with that! So, I will be jumping into the Intensity Series as soon as I get up the nerve, hoping the new orthotics will help with the PF and getting back into the life of a Fitness Goddess like all you Fitness Goddesses!
Chicks's Rule! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif Bobbi

Bobbi!

Great to "see" you! I posted in another forum asking how you were. (Don't remember which one??) Thanks for sharing your story with us. You've come a looong way and I'm so proud of you! I've missed your "happy' posts around here. Keep up that positve attitude and soon you will be trying the "I" Series out! Good Luck with your PF & your sugery.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Bobbi!

Wow Bobbi,
I have to say to you like I did Annette, I am amazed at how much you've endured. Since my first day here with "I don't know what fiber is?" you've always given me such clear, do-able and helpful advice that I naturally assumed you were "born" knowing it all!

I'm so sorry depression has been something you've battled with, If we'd known sooner so many of us may have been more helpful to you (emails, phone calls, just support whenever you needed it), and now that we do know I hope you'll allow us to help you through some of the tough times.

You will LOVE the "I" Series, it'll be worth the wait! I hope $1,000. worth of orthodics means you should be able to run right through them pain free! :)

Thanks for sharing your world with us,

Donna
Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

RE: Bobbi!

And you know, Donna, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!

I have a blessedly supportive family and I love all the great advice I get here!

These things happen and, in perspective, things could be much worse! I miss my teeth and look forward to getting that bridge work done! I knew I had one hopeless tooth where the bone loss was so extreme it was only a matter of time. Finding out I had to have four out really threw me for a loop! My dentist is a perfectionist and I know my bridge will be beautiful when I get it. Oh for a bad hair day. Bad teeth days stink! My whole personality has changed. I usually talk to everyone (whether they want to or not) and I smile alot!I am temporarily a much quieter and less outgoing person! Otherwise, I am just fine. My kids keep me too busy to get too moody for any period of time. And, if you look around, there's so much to inspire one right out of a pity party! I think of you often and am always wowed by you! And I love DebbieH for her warmth and kindness and you guys are a humorous bunch. Honeybunch keeps me grounded with her no nonsense, good advice. Annete is a wordsmith and so clever! I could go on and on. There are so many inspirational woman at Cathe.com. Cathe herself, for one! It's all helpful when these trials and tribulations crop up!
Chicks's Rule! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif Bobbi

Wow Bobbi!

You are right that there are always others much worse off, but you have been through an AWFUL LOT! I truly have missed you here. I'm glad you are happy with your dentist. That is a good thing! Be sure to post whenever you are having a down day. We sure know how many times you have been HERE for all of US! A BIG hug to you!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.