51 And Still At It!

Hi Cathe and everyone else!
I had to get on and tell everyone this story of success. My first workout tape from Cathe was Mega Step Blast. A very long time ago! I think I pretty much bought everything she did from then on. I was an at-home mom with 6 of my own children, more foster children and loved it. Cathe was the answer to my workout needs. The story I have is one that is unique because when I turned 40 I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. It was devastating! I continued my workouts even though the pain was excruciating. However, I hurt worse if I did not workout.
I am happy to tell you that I am 51 years old now, and although I have to modify some parts of Cathe's workouts, I am still going strong. My weight and body composition is very good. Through the last decades I went through many surgeries. Because I was on an active work out program with Cathe I recovered amazingly fast and was back on my feet with Cathe once more.
Since then, I opened my own workout club for women only and Cathe has been my inspiration. She taught me everything I know. I focus on core strength, and give my ladies all the support and inspiration that Cathe did for me. My RA is under control because of the workouts and the inspiration that Cathe emits to keep it up. My oldest daughter and I live in two different states and when we see each other we always have to have our workouts with Cathe.
As a club owner, I now can reach out and give back the gift of health that Cathe brought to me. My only dream is that someday my daughter and I can travel back and workout with Cathe in her workout club. That would be the icing on the cake!
THANK YOU CATHE!

Thank you for posting your story! How awesome! My Uncle has RA and based on what I see him go through, your story is truly amazing! You go, granny! :)

Jen

I loved reading your story. It is inspiring to know that you are still going strong at 51. I never want to stop working out.

JoJo

Your story is awesome and very inspiring! Congratulations on your health, perserverance and success! Thanks for sharing! :) :) :)

Jo

I love your story:) You are such an inspiration for the rest of us. Congratulations on getting your own gym. helen

I am 44 years old and found myself wondering if I would still be able to keep going strong when I reached my 50's. People are always saying eventually I will have to slow down and all that jazz. After reading your incredible story, I know that is not the case. You are truly an inspiration and thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story.

I never dreamed I would get all this response! I just got on this evening to see what was up and WOW! Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! You won't have to slow down, you are doing the best possible thing for your health and you all 'rock'! A quote I recently heard said from a doctor "If exercise was a prescription, I would be out of business." With that in mind ladies, keep on rockin'!:) :) :) :)

I am late in responding but wanted to add my congrats to you also!! YOU GO GIRL!!! From one granny to another, I am also 51, teach hi/Lo aerobics and have a daughter that moved an hour away. I miss her working out with me. I have had MANY say to me, "Just wait til you get to be my age, you won't be able to do what you do now." And you know what? Years later, I am STILL at it too. Keep up the great work and hope we all get to meet on a roadtrip sometime soon. You rock!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing with us. I AM 48 AND LOVE CATHE. I once asked someone if they wanted to do a cathe challenge
and the response back to me was ISN'T CATHE WORK OUTS FOR 20 YEAR OLDS, To make a long story short I am glad I found this board. It doesn't matter how old you are if you work out and stay fit.I just think that is wonderful you have your own work out studio, how exciting and inspiring. I would love to do something like that, have a great day today!!.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TO ALL THE GRANNYS OUT THERE, I AM A GRANNY TOO.

Debbie:)

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWSOME! You are an inspiration. As a nurse I see many people give up in the face of adversity, I wish all of my patients knew they could be success stories too . Thanks so much for sharing your accomplishments and brightening my day, Keep it up!

Rosa

Again!!! thanks for all the wonderful support! It is so nice to know there are others like me out there and youngun's that want to stay fit and healthy. I am actually going to be part of an arthritis study on exercise vs. arthritis. I feel very blessed and to read all your threads and other 50ish ladies, it makes me even stronger and happier to be here and do the Cathe workouts. I cannot wait till we are 60 and singin’ this song!

Someday, I really want to do the road trip!! Maybe we will all be there to meet:) Wouldn't that be awesome????

Don't ever stop what you are doing! When all this stuff hit me, that is what the dr said...he did not know what was wrong but to keep up what I was doing because whatever it was I was keeping it at bay! So...we don't know what life is going to hand us, we can only decide how we are going to handle it. Yeah for all of us! ;)

Is anyone in Sacramento California, Just Curious? Take Care to all, Sue

Best quote I have heard with regard to exercise and nutrition is

"Pay Now Or Pay Later!"

pay now in terms of exercise and nutrition and being inconvenienced (sort of but not really as we all know) by it or
pay later in terms of diabetes (Type II adult onset is ramping up, big time) and other health problems.

so true!

I love your story - it really inspires me. I love overcomers! Many of us could sit down and not do what we need to because we think we are limited but you did not, you kept on going and that is fantastic! I am 46 and have been wondering occasionally how long I can keep going like I do, it is good to hear that you have and it takes some of those little worries away. Congratulations on your amazing testimony!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.