Week of Jan 5 Check In

jenmgo

Cathlete
Good morning everyone! I am at work but wanted to get the check in going :) I hope you all had a great weekend.

Im tired becuase i could not fall asleep until after midnite. I knew id be hurting this morning and I am!

I purchased a huge lot of maternity clothes off craigslist last ntie. I was disappointed when i got home. THey are all way too big for me! She said it was M and L mostly. And i wear a M in motherhood. But they were pretty much L and XL. Im upset ebcuase i did not look more carefully while there (there were so many!)> they are too big, i cant wear them plus they are a little dated and more for an older lady. SO now i'm out that money :( And i cant really afford to just throw money away. Im so mad at myself right now. I tought it was a decent deal and i could really use the clothes. Sigh...its my own fault i guess...

Ok, enough whining, i better get to work, Be back later !

Jen -I'd call the lady and tell her. maybe she'll take the too large ones back? if you can sew you could try to take them in. although that is a big job and I doubt you have time to do that. sorry :(

Well guess what? I only did cardio last night and all night I was a bit achy. If I'm like that from a simple and not even that hard cardio what will I feel like tonight after weights. I bet the crampy aches will be back. ugh. I'm so frustrated. I'm doing everything the midwife said and my DH suggested and its not helping. I guess I need to get some suppliments? sigh. my appt isn't till the end of the month though. Either I have to suck it up or go buy my own suppliments? but is that safe to do? she said shed give me some if the dietary changes didn't help at my last appt. sigh.
I may run by the healthfood store and ask them what they think. They seem very knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Jess i would just call your doctors office and advise them and see what they say. Its much safer than way. you dont want to do anything to harm you or baby!

dont be so hard on yourself for being sore. if you took a break, its to be expected. its smart to not jump into something super hard. dont worry, in a little while you will be back to normal once u get used to working out again. for weights, please do not overdo it. remember our ligaments and joints and everything else is more susceptible to injury. so if its been a while pick lighter ones and take it from there and see how you feel :) always listen to your body! I wont be working out again until wed because my husband is not working until then. yay!

oh, and i cant sew to save my life. plus some of the clothing was dated and just not something i would wear! but she emailed me back and said i could return them. so im thanksful and i was also suprised since usually its tough luck! So i will be late getting home tonite but it will be worth it.

Jen - I'm not worried about getting sore. thats fine and expected... but not the achy cramps that are due to the deficiency. It doesn't feel the same at all. I'm not sore at all today just a hair of that achy feeling. It's almost immediate also after the w/o. I've been dealing with it the whole pregnancy. at first for no reason then now it only seems to show up when I w/o. I think maybe my muscles are using whatever it is I am short on. She said it was calcium/magnesium probably? so I'm eating bananas everyday and upping my milk and taking my prenatal vitamins AND drinking electrolytes which DH suggested. ugh. And yeah I'm ok easing into it. thats why I just did turbo jam yesterday. I wasn't going to bust out my hardest workout after a few weeks break. Just get back into the swing of things. I did much better my last pregnancy though and never got out of it for any reason. but I didn't run into all these problems (migranes, bad cold, muscle cramping) the midwife said its cause its my third and I've just had more sucked out of me than before. ugh :(

Hi Jen, Hi Jess.

Hi everyone. It was so hard getting back to work today. For the last two weeks, I have been on a somewhat reduced schedule. Now it is back full force. I do have a time limit that I can work daily. I can only work a total of 8 hours a day. I know that seems like the normal work day, but sometimes my job and keep you there between 12-14 hours a day. ( that is before I was transfered).

I did get the chance to walk a little at work. So I feel ready to go to bed. Not much else is going on here.

Have a good night.

well I got chalene in today. I tried the first one just out of curiosity. I'm not sure what I think of it yet. It seemed pretty short... well it was. It was only like 30 minutes. It seems all the workouts on the first w/o disk are. I thought they were more like 45. oh well. But thats sorta why I got it I wanted to do this after baby. Doing some exercises are really weird though.. like pushups. my belly touches the floor when I do them. and I had to modify a few things. The exercises are kinda different too.. hmm.

Well I took a few pics of myself on saturday. I saw some ladies did it in their mirrors and so I thought I'd do it that way. well its harder than it looks ha. I couldn't get in a position where you could see my belly good and I didn't look distorted in a way from holding the camera. from now on I'll have to set up a tripod or something. so this was 23 1/2 weeks. I'm 24 wks tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jess--you look beautiful! I love the pics. Thanks for posting them.

I'm actually starting to see a bump now, but only if I lie flat on my back--don't worry, not for long! Plus, if I tap my belly, Ryan actually moves back!!! It's the craziest thing! Maybe I'm just super excited because this is my first and nothing like I've ever experienced. Did you get excited too when you first felt/saw this?

good morning ladies

jess your pics look great! I would love to try out chalene xtreme but i do not have the money. i figured i purchased STS last january so i'll focus on that post baby. but that might be in a dream world! i doubt i will have much time to exercise with a newborn.

pushups are definately tricky with a belly! and burpees! you should see me trying to attempt those with this big ole belly of mine.

laura, its always exciting to feel the baby move. just wait til the third trimester! mine was so active on the way into work today.

skyy i hope you dont have to work extra! I work 10.5 hours a day, i used to do 12 hour shifts but they dont make pregnant ladies work that long. Its a long day, but i get three days off.

Hope you all have a good day. yesterday was nuts at work and i was crazy busy. i hope today is a tad calmer!

morning :)

I'm actually surprized this morning that the achyness went away. I feel better in that sense today and last night that yesterday? weird. I expected crampy muscles all night and today. The only thing I did different was I drank two ORS (electrolyte) packets yesterday instead of one. DH actually said maybe I should on days I workout. But I am a bit sore all over today lol. Feels good in a way if you kwim.. that I'm getting back into it.

Jen - I wouldn't worry too much about Chalene. I am thinking I'll like STS better anyway. I really only got it cause they are short and I could probably push myself to do that much the first few months after baby. like I said I could've just used premixes or cut a w/o in half like KPC you could do the first half one day and the second the next or something. You may do way better than me and jump right into STS. ;) just see how it goes.

Laura -its always fun to feel the baby move. ;) It is also reasuring when he moves that hes doing ok. It is really funny later on to see the whole belly move cause of the baby. Jen you must be seeing that now. ha. sometimes I was sure if it was an elbow, knee or bum moving by.

Hello everyone!

Jess, your self pics are great! The pose with the arm over the head made me giggle. It would be tough to position yourself and not end up blocking your belly (or have a pic of the ceiling or wall.) = )

I've been feeling achy too and short of breath the last couple of days when I go up and down the steps or have a burst of physical activity. Very strange. I just finished walking on the treadmill and felt fine until about 40 minutes in and then my belly started to hurt (stupid gravity).

I was supposed to see the dr yesterday for my 31 wk appt, but got bumped to tomorrow b/c she was out on a delivery.

Jen, pregnant burpees...oh my! LOL I don't know if I'd be able to get back up. I did pushups the other day and it looked like the outline of the baby's back was hanging down from my stomach. Wonder if it was....

Laura, I still get super excited when I feel the baby move. She had been really active for a while, but has slowed down lately. Maybe I need to feed her a little caffeine. = )

Skyy, how'd work go today? Are you on your feet the whole time or do you get to sit most of it?

Tana -
I'd think a bit of achyness and shortness of breath being preggo is normal. I wouldn't worry. I remember getting it a bit and taking a bath to soak when I was further along with Noah. I guess just from carrying around the extra weight etc. The achy cramps I get this time around really HURT and I was worried something was seriously wrong with me or something at first but my DH and the midwife assured me it's ok it's just that deficiency. If you tried to rub/massage or stretch them it would just hurt worse too (like cramp harder).
Do you have one of those belly support things for your back/belly? my midwife could've given me one. I'll grab one next time. Its not bothering me yet but I think it may soon so I'd like to have it on hand. otherwise motherhood stores carry those. It may help when your walking on the treadmill etc.

Jen- lol on the burpees too. I have a few workouts with those I wonder how well I'll do them ha.

Skyy- hope they aren't working you too hard. put your feet up and relax when you get a chance.

yes i am seeing my belly rumble and roll. its a very strange sensation. i keep saying 'its alive...its aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvveeeeeeee" haha. I guess it is though. I can never tell what is an elbow, knee, foot or bum either! its neat tho. And whats really cool is that almost every time my husband talks to my belly or puts his head on it the baby will start moving, even after being dormant and quiet for a long period of time!

well, to be honest i STINK at burpees. Im all belly. BUt i still try to attempt them. The last couple times i've done pushups in my workouts i cant do as many as before. My back arches in and the belly pulls me down. So i've been doing them on my knees. But i am stil suprised i've gone this long doing my step workouts at the same intensity and lifting the same amount of weights! I havent even dropped my step heigh, i still use 2 risers on each side under the bench! I stil do abs! But i get winded easily with those and get more uncomfy so i only do a little. Whats funny is when you do a sit up motion (even lying on the couch), my stomach will go into a point, almost like a cone. Its really funny looking!

My DH Is earning points this week. He's been great since my bday and doing really nice thoughful things, i wonder what is wrong with him. haha just kidding, i love him. Anyway he jus stopped by my job with a lite latte and munchkins from dunkin donuts and picked up my car to take it in for maitenance. he is also going to pick up hamburger buns becuase he is going to cook us turkey burgers tonite with sauteed onions and mushrooms. He makes a mean burger! So that is very nice of him. And things like this dont happen too often, so i shall enjoy it!

Jess, I think I might look into one of the belly support things. Toward the end of my treadmilling I was holding my belly up. LOL Maybe (fingers crossed) they'll have one at one of the consignment/secondhand stores. It would be scary to have strong cramps after working out. Mine aren't that bad, just annoying and make me feel sooooo out of shape (which I am getting to be...hehe).

Jen, your DH sounds like a totaly sweetheart! Very thoughtful! I'm still giggling about him putting a butterfly tiara on your present. That's cute! Now if I could just get you to beam me over one of them burgers.... = )

Tana

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone had a good day.

Tana--- Today was better. I was still very tired though. It will get better, I just have to get in the mind frame that I have to be at work all day. (not get off at lunch like the last two weeks). I pretty much sit around all day. Nothing too hard. Around lunch time, I get really sleepy, so everything after lunch is a fog.

Jess--I like the pics. Chalene's program seems interesting. I don't know if I will get it just yet. I really like Beachbody workouts. They are different. But I told myself that this year, I will go back to the basics. Weights and running. and maybe a little bit of yoga in there. The other day, the only push-ups I can do is wall pushups.

Laura--it is great to feel your baby move.

Jen-- will your job reduce your hours more as you get closer? I admire you for the job that you have. amazing.

As for me, I am getting bigger and bigger everyday. DH actually said to me today "what if you are having twins?". He is cute, he has been to every appointment since we started. And every ultrasound. He's silly (in a good way).

Well good night ladies. until tomorrow.

Good morning everyone :) How is everyone feeling today??
Im at work, so i'm posting before things get hectic. But maybe it will be a nice calm day. Yesterday was.
No, they dont recude my hours. Normally i work 12 hours on road patrol but since i'm light duty now its just 10.5 hour shifts, 4 days a week.

my DH had a shopping spree at the thrift store (money is tight!) and he got me the cutest maternity outfit. Onec my legs dont look like tree stumps from this swelling, i think i will wear those capris this weekend! which should work out just fine becuase i only seem to blow up at work. I feel so HUGE today. This swelling is awful. I can now make dents in my foot that just stay there for a while.

not much else is new. good dinner last nite, altho i had too many fries! weve been eating kind of bad lately. bday cake all week chocolates, there have been cookies and donuts hanging around. put me with a sweet tooth and no will power nearby and you get a disaster. i havnent worked out since sunday, but since DH is working tonite i will try my new KCM bootcamp wrokout and hope it kicks my butt.

Baby no name is very active this morning :)

Hope you all have a great day!

Jen - your swelling makes me nervous. We'll being your bday week don't let it bother you how you ate. Just try to go back to normal. I have some days I don't do as well as others. Thankfully there is no one around to bring home cake, donuts. ha. Its all me if that happens. I'm not sure how good my will power would be either if it was staring me in the face. ;) I keep wanting to make more cookies but I really don't need that around. Last time I ate a bunch of them.

Skyy - do you have any Turbo Jam? if so Chalene still seems the same to me in these as in those. Still kinda odd outfits (must be a CA thing ha) and her chipper self. I like her though so its not a big deal to me. but some don't like how peppy she is in TJ. The only other beachbody w/os I've tried were a few of the old p90 videos. I dunno about Tony ha. The set/music was soo dull too they just didn't motivate me at all. I'd rather do Cathe. I guess I'll have to try out wall pushups sometime soon. ha

Tana -I'd just say do what you can. they make some really fancy belly supports but they cost alot more $$ than a plain simple one. may work better though.

Well I think I didnt' drink enough water last night. I was so dry.. but I was too tired to get up. I got a drink once or twice but once settled in bed I was still thristy. oops. and now I have a bit of a headache. I need to go chug some water and eat breakfast.

Dont be nervous about my swelling jess! Every woman and pregnancy is different. My mom never swelled. A lot of people i knw havent. some blew up and had toxcemia and preeclampsia. So its all extremes. But you have been pregnant before so you will probably follow the same pattern more or less. I would think so anyway. BUt i dont know as this is my first time being pregnant!

its slow today and kind of boring, but i wont complain. couple more hours to go and i get to go home. i'll workout to my new workout - i hope its good! It should be i have high hopes for this one! then just spend the rest of the nite with my dog Princess. I love her. I think i say that here at least once a day!

Jen -well I only had that extreme of swelling (leaving indentions) with my first and had preeclampsia. My second only a very mild bit of swelling compared to #1. this one so far nothing but I've got a ways to go yet. I just say it makes me nervous cause I've had lots of friends get pre-e so I guess I get nervous with anyone who gets much swelling.
with the baby being active. mine is very active sometimes and then is very calm for a long time. Some days i only feel very occasional soft bumps and then a few days later it feels like hes all over the place... I guess that is normal still right?

Yes its very normal Jess! My little one will be active for a while, then really dormant for a long time. So i think its normal. But you know, always bring up concerns with your doctors - they will put your mind at ease since they are the professionals.

i hope i dont get pre-e . my friend here always scares me . but so far my bp has been great, my urine tests just fine, and i dont have any headaches and i dont see spots and i dont have chest pains. they said to watch out for those symptoms. oh and the baby not having any activity. so my only symptom is nasty swelling. its quite gross :)

Jen, your baby no-name comment almost had my butt falling off the chair. Totally caught me off guard...had to laugh. = ) I ate junk for the past 2 wks with Christmas treats. I had a dr appt today and totally expected to have gained 6 lbs, but only gained 2. Shock!

I asked the dr about my back/side aches when I have a short burst of activity (stairs) and she mentioned the belly support thing too. I checked a consignment store after my appt, but they didn't have any. I wonder how expensive they are on ebay. I really don't want to spend much if I'm not going to wear it very long. = ( Hmm...wonder if I can make one with some control top tights or old bike shorts.....LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.