Week of Jan 19 TTC/Miscarriage support

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Hello ladies! Just wanted to post real quick and say hey! Been real busy with DH's back out. I did Amy Bento's In the Ring on Sunday and I really enjoyed it! I will talk more about it later.

Hope everyone is well! Good luck Melanie with Clomid! BBL!
Jen

I'm here too - not much to report...just waiting for my appt. Feb 2nd!

Jen, what did your husband do to his back? Is he being treated for it? What was 'In the Ring' like?

Melanie, good luck with the Clomid - hope you feel okay while taking it this round!

Oh, I had to break from Cathe's rotation yesterday bc my knee is getting worse and worse...believe it or not I've never been injured before all this. So I did a CC thinking it might be better on my knee than step. Not so much. SOOO frustrating. What's ironic is that I work in a place where I could get treatment, but no one has the time.

Sorry about all your aliments at your place. :( Heal up quickly.....how ya'll suppose to conceive?!!?!?

I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome today. I"ve had it for a while....bought it for the dome portion after I purchased my bosu. I thought that portion was okay....the hi/lo rocked!!! She's my absolute FAVORITE instructor right now (sorry, Cathe). I don't even like hi/lo..........but I like HERS. Anyways, just wanted to post.

My scale was UP 10lbs on Sunday. :( I say this, but after the m/c I lost all the weight and was 10lbs under....so I'm kind of even now. After my workout, I weighed again & felt better that it was only a 5.5lb gain (must have been retain fluid)

Gotta run. :)

Bethany- I'm sorry to hear about your knee. Usually when my knee bothers me it because I haven't stretched my hamstrings/quads enough after some tough runs. Make sure you take time to heal so you don't injure it worse. I know its easier said than done, I am one of the worst at following that. I think that if I workout and stretch, it will feel better. DH didn't do much of anything other than bend down and his back locked up and he fell to the ground. He didn't move off the couch for two days after and its been minimal movement since then. He has an appointment with an orthopedic tomorrow so we will see what they say. He injured his back about 8 years ago and has had problems since but he says never as bad as it feels right now. He is also frustrated because he just really got into running/lifting weights in the last year and he says "he feels like he's getting fat." It's kinda cute.

I really enjoyed Amy Bento's In the Ring. It was hard to get used to her at first but I found that with a lot of practice, I think I would have a ton of fun. Bethany- It's a kickboxing/boxing workout. Her combos are more difficult and detailed than Cathe's but once you start to get the hang of them, they are fun. Plus I always like a challenge. I was actually sore for two days afterwards because of her intervals with an 8lb weight in between. My abs, lower back and butt really felt those intervals! I think I will try Kickbox Extreme this weekend for a change.

Tonight was CC V2 and PH abs section. I thought the V2 was going to be a nice easy run but man, those hills killed by already sore butt. It was pretty challenging and I actually enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace. Normally I am a sprint sort of gal, not so much into running hills but it was fun.

Anyhoo- on the TTC front, just waiting on AF (or maybe not if God decides the time is right, maybe our withdrawl method didn't work) Where is everyone else at?

Jen

Jen, that'd be awesome if you got pg right away. :) I hope DHs back gets better real soon....and your knee Bethany. I"m so lucky that I haven't had any injuries...... Bethany aren't you a physical therapist?!?!?! :D :D Life is sooo funny. :D

I Kickbox Xtreme is my alltime favorite kickbox workout. LOVE IT!!!!! In the Ring is good too....but I like her hi/lo knockout best (also has lots of kickboxing). I did NOT like her Rumble though.

I'm on day 6 of cycle. Looking to ovulate in 10 days or so.... Despite my infertile day.....I plan on jumping DH tonight for the fun of it....gotta keep him in practice. :)

Me again. It dawned on me last night that Clomid increases my appetite & thus my weight gain. :mad::mad: I forgot about this side effect----but yesterday I had this unholting desire to eat EVERYTHING!!!!

I think this will be my last cycle, I'll try Femara if this doesn't work. :)

Ok guys..I'm a little nervous. My temp jumped this AM. The only other time my temp has been that high is when I got my BFP in November. Here's a link to my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22c0aa What do you think? Although it would be very exciting to be pregnant right away, I am super super nervous. I wouldn't even think of testing this early but I guess I am going to wait and see what happens with my temps. Maybe its just a fluke and its leftover progesterone in my body making it jump. If it stays up for a few days, then I am going to get really nervous. I can only share this with you guys right now. I haven't even told DH because I don't want to worry him because he has enough on his mind with his back and dealing with work and stuff. AF is not due until sometime next Tuesday or Wednesday so I guess I just have to wait and see but as you know....that is the hardest part!

Melanie- Is there step in the Hi/Lo one? I cannot step if my life depended on it! I will definitely let you know how I like the Kickboxing Extreme. My mom wants to try them too. She is a big fan of Tae-Bo and the ladies she works with all do Tae-Bo after work. It's really cute. :) I really hope Clomid works for you this month so you don't even have to worry about it! Have fun with DH!

Well I am not too sore from CC V2 but tonight is SH Chest and Back. I thought about another CC but I won't push my luck or my legs. I want to do SH Legs on Thursday and I love the way that one makes my legs work so I will give them a break in between.

Jen, it seems to me that people are super fertile after a m/c. That would be awesome. I understand you being nervous (I would be too)....but your loss was a "fluke". I don't think your statistically at higher risk b/c you had a tubal. Good luck.........and GO TEST!!!!!!

Oh, and there's no step in that hi/lo dome. Do you have a BOSU?

I thought temps would rise at ovualtion time and stay up until af or a bfp??? I do not chart, I have just read a lot about it. Maybe I need to chart!!

Jen, don't most tests now show results up to 5 days sooner than the first day of your expected period? I'd probably wait until the day your period is supposed to start. Your temps do look, high, but I'd have to check TCOYF again...I remember something about the temps being elevated for 18 days straight means you're pregnant or something. How nerve-racking!

Melanie, sorry about the appetite increase with the Clomid. I bet it's mostly water - maybe the hormones are making you retain more. How is Femara different? I've been eating like crap lately but my excuse (if there is such a thing) is that being back to work full-time is kicking my butt and I'm eating more to compensate for my lack of energy. Ugh.

Still no period for me. I'm holding off on taking any herbal supplements until I see my OB but I'm very tempted to do SOMEthing to get me going again. The weird part is that I wouldn't know if I DID get pregnant, so everytime I have a glass of wine or take Motrin I feel a twinge of guilt like I could possibly be damaging things if I was pregnant.

Oh, and being a physical therapist just means that I'm a terrible patient. I was working on a co-worker's back today and we were talking about how we either a) overdiagnose ourselves, or b) ignore things and just hope we'll get better...all the while preaching to our patients about how prevention and early detection of problems is key. (don't tell anyone I said this:p:p) Anyway, I'll start treating myself but I can't stay away from running...which means it probably won't get better.;)

Susan, how are things going with you?

Melanie and Susan- My temps are supposed to stay up after O and until AF but mine have never been that high except the month I got my BFP. But I am starting to wonder if I just have extra progesterone after the m/c. Another thing that sucks is that I feel like I am getting a yeast infection because I have had so much CM even after O. Its not been EWCM but more than usual after O. But it could be the hormones. I am going to wait to test until next week sometime.

Melanie- No I don't have a Bosu.

Bethany- It's funny that you say that about being a terrible patient yourself. I always wondered that about certain professions. I understand about not wanting to stop running but maybe decrease your mileage a little??? For me? Please? :)

Susan- I enjoy temping because I feel a little more in control of what is going on.

Jen, you're right....you can expect to have different types of d/c & flowage after your tubal. I'm still crossing my fingers for you!

I just got out of the hot tub....so nice to hang out with my girlfriend for an hour or so. Feels good to chat & laugh.....you know I have a house full of testosterone!!!!

Thankful to all of you ladies

Hello, I have posted here very seldom, but I have lurked for about 5 years now! LOL.

I had a miscarriage on Friday, Jan.16th. -- a week ago now. Looks like everything 'passed' over a three hour period with a lot of bleeding and some cramping.

I don't want this to be a sad post though. I just want to thank you great ladies for posting your thoughts and stories here. Even at the beginning of my pregnancy (I was 9 weeks when I miscarried) right through the naseau and fatigue, I enjoyed coming here to read and relate. It helped me tremendously in preparing my mind in what to expect for a miscarriage. I knew that I was not alone. I am sad, but not as sad as I know I could be. Thanks to you ladies, I know that it is not my fault and I CAN get pregnant again!

Anyway, I wish all of you ladies the best and want to thank you again for your help (although you had no idea you were helping me!) I know there has got to be lots of other lurkers out there who feel the same way. Don't stop sharing. I am so grateful!!!!

Ageleg- I'm so glad that we were support for you even though we didn't know it. I'm so sorry about your loss. Any pregnancy loss is difficult but it helps to know that it has happened to other women and to be able to relate to their thoughts and emotions. I hope you feel comfortable enough to continue to post with us. :) We are hopeful that we will have another pregnancy again and I am glad you are hopeful too! We welcome you with a big hug!

Not much to report here...no workout. I realized I needed a rest day because I plan on working out Fri, Sat and Sun.

Melanie- I am so jealous of your hottub time! I know you have much colder weather but it has been 27 and 30 here at night in Florida and that is just TOOO cold for my thin blood. I am a Florida girl, born and raised so I don't enjoy this. I wish we had a hottub. It would probably be good for DH's back too.

Hi to Susan and Bethany!

Ageleg, so so sorry about your loss. As Jen said, we hope you'd be comfortable with joining us, if you'd like. Big hugs to you, and thank YOU for sharing. Perhaps you have helped out another fellow lurker by posting.:)

Yes, Florida is freezing these past 2 days! I had to scrape frost off my car this AM, though I had to chuckle to myself that it was such a big inconvience considering I grew up in Ohio! The hot tub sounds wounderful.

So I'm thinking about taking a yoga week to give my elbow and knee a break. I've never taken a rest week before but it sounds like a good idea to me. I've got Baron Baptiste, YogaX, and some Cyclo Zen workouts. I just better clean up my eating or else I'll feel like a blob!:p

Hi Ladies!
Welcome Ageleg. So glad you came to share with us. Are you feeling ok physically?
Jen-where in Fla do you live? My dad lives in Bradenton and my grandmom lives in Jacksonville. We go a couple times a year. I am however, a cool mountain girl..although I live in the humid south..I dream about the snowy moutains!
Bethany-I have never taken the time to enjoy yoga. I know it would help my flexibility..but I am antsy I don't know if I could be calm enough to do yoga. Arent you a pt?? I have had piraformis pain for a while now. I stretch, stretch, deep massage, and stretch until the cows come home and its still hanging around. Any secret remedies??
Melanie-how is the clomid doing this week?? Have you jumped dh??

Well I have great news. We signed a contract on our house in MS today. After 2 freaking years..its a relief!!! I wont feel totally relaxed until the closing in 2 weeks!!!

I am on day 13. I am pretty sure I O'd around day 7-10..or at least my body's signs were telling me that. I have had a slight back cramp..like af backache...for a few days now. NOt sure why..maybe its Oing..or menapause..hahaha.

DD and DH are calling me to come play Wii. Have good night!

Susan, I live in Bradenton (Lakewood Ranch)!!! About your piriformis...often times pain in the piriformis area is actually coming from the sciatic nerve or the L4/5 nerve roots. If you notice a pattern to your pain it could help pinpoint where it's coming from, like which positions or activities aggravate it. Stretching and using a tennis ball to trigger point should help allieviate it if it's truely just piriformis syndrome. Another factor to consider is leg length. Most people aren't even, but if there's a difference of more than 2 cm it could pose problems, often times the longer leg having to externally rotate to make it functionally shorter, which in turn keeps the piriformis tight. HTH.

Ageleg-thanks so much for your post. Please post as you're comfortable---even PM, if you'd like. It means alot to me that we're touching other women---even if they don't post. Sometimes we feel very alone. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Susan, I'm glad you signed on your house. On a negative note (or positive)...we got a copy of our foreclosure on our old house. We knew it was coming, but it's still weird. It'll be nice to have "closure".
Were ya'll active during your "o" period? I"m hoping that we have some serious baby making here this month.

Bethany, you may have to start some hormonal therapy to re-start your hormones. Thanks for the encouraging words on water retention. I feel fortunate to have noticed the side effect---so I can be self consious.

Jen, any signs?@?@?

4 days off of work, yeah!!!!

Melanie-yes we did the deed a few times when I thought I was O'ing then every other day since...better safe than sorry, right:p

Bethany-my pain first started a few years ago when I power walked 6 miles a day. I had to totally stop walking. I walk now on my treadmill some..but it still gives me fits. It doesnt hurt when I step or kickbox. Well, I can feel it, but not enough to make me not workout. If I take Advil it helps, but si nce I am ttc I really try and not take anything. I get dh to massage my butt with a tennis ball and when it hits the spot..yoowza it hurts. I had sciatia when I was preg and it really does feel different. Istn piraformis sydrome and inflammation that presses on the sciatic nerve?? If I were unbalanced what could I do to help that?? IHave had 2 neck surgeries c5-6 6-7 so maybe its my spine ??? who knows!! Sorry for all the questions!
Too funny you live in Brandenton. Its such nice town. Im not sure what the area my dad lives in is called but it sounds familiar. He lives on Compass Dr if that means anything.
Wow I wrote a book!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.