Week of 3/23 Pregnancy Check-in

lcobb2

Cathlete
Hi all!

Just getting us started. I hope we have some mommies on board even though they already have their little ones on hand!

The weekend was tough for me. Feeling big and Ryan's really swimming now--itchy all over the belly! Installed her/his car seats this weekend, went to the show, DH took his CFP exam on Friday and Saturday (results in 6 weeks), talked to Skyy on the phone (yeah!!!)...much more but, gotta surf.

Anyone buy the STS Cardio? I haven't even started the STS weights, but I still ordered the STS cardio.

Good morning ! Sounds like u had a busy weekend Laura.

I bought the STS cardio. My bday is this coming sunday and I asked Tye to get it for me...hope he listened. It sounds like a good buy. I did not purchase the weights system though.

Well, gotta get ready for Brody's 1st appt in awhile here.

Hope your belly stops itching soon - keep the cocoa butter coming!

Hi Laura
Hi Clarissa
Hi Jess
Hi Jen

Laura.. It was good talking with you over the weekend. I hate to admit it but, I could not even do 1 push-up!!! (hope my boss is not reading) I tried not to get on my knees- but I felt a strain at a little lower than my stomach. so I stopped. I will send the e-mail with everything later on today.

Clarissa... I am going to say happy birthday now, because my memory is not what it was...

Jess...Did you pre-order the Shock Cardio? I pre-ordered!! I have invoice #717. Wow a lot of pre-orders.

Jen... how are you doing? How is baby Eva?

I now realize that not exercising for the last few months may not have been a good idea. Not only do I feel "fluffy" I am not as strong as I thought. But I am on a mission!!!

Laura -was wondering what you were up to. :)

Skyy - Yeah I really want to get going more in my workouts. I can tell I'm getting a bit soft and I'll really see it after baby. You can do it though! :) I will get STS cardio but I may wait till last minute so we may have some more funds.

Clarissa -Hope Brody has a good appt. Hey what did that pubic diastasis feel like before you went into labor? I get something every now and then that hurts there. It comes and goes and mostly bugs me when I've been laying down a while like when I get up at night. I just end up walking slower and going owie. but its not terrible. but still concerns me. Feels like his head may also just be pushing right behind there. I didn't have that with my last two as far as I remember though. My hips still get weird at times too.

Skyy--No worries about the push ups! Just do what you can. Did you do them on your toes or knees. If you did them on your toes, just work up to doing the most you can on your knees. Place your DD under you for "kiss the baby" which will encourage you to really push up away from her! ;-)

Yeah, Skyy. Laura is right - that is how I started getting back to shape w/ my last two. Kiss pushups! It works! Do crunches with baby too!

Jess, uh oh. I pray you don't have it. Sounds like it. It feels like a dull ache - which is sharper when you go to stand up, roll in bed, get out of a bath or car, etc. Anything that involves separating legs in the least least bit. Lots of pressure too. I got mine at about 32 weeks and it progressed until the end. BTW though, I am all back to normal, pain-wise, and hope to do squats and leg work in general again once cleared. I missed it so much. PS - walking was the hardest thing of all...I couldn't even bear to walk to the bathroom in the end. It was murder.

PS - Brody just had his appt and is already 9 lbs 8 oz and 22 inches long! Such a big fat boy! Haha! He didn't cry once and the nurses were ga-ga over him and said he was the cutest and sweetest newborn they ever saw. Hee hee...

Hello everyone else! See ya later.
Clarissa

Clarissa -glad he had a good appt and is growing so well ;)
Well I'll ask the dr at my next appt. I noticed it bothers me say if I am sitting and try to lift one leg up or something too. but only for a minute. maybe it won't get worse. ugh. I had a hard time doing the deep squats the lady was doing in the pregnancy w/o cause of my hips feeling so weird. Just feels like everything is super loose and uncomfy. I could do regular squats though. But it only bothers me at times so far. sigh!

May I join you guys? :)

I just started week 14, with baby #2. I've been doing a better job working out this time, but I've only been doing it 2 times per week. The fatigue is finally a thing of the past, so I'm looking forward to 4 or 5 workouts a week.

Hello ladies!
This week I played ultimate frisbee with a bunch of teenagers Sunday afternoon, now I have had a sinus headache for two days :confused:
Ordered STS Cardio, Monday and that was all the excitement I could stand. I am more excited right now about 20% off than the workouts since I know they will not be here for a while.
Starting back with Mesocycle 2 - Week 2 tonight.

Welcome PennState! join right in.

I just broke down and went ahead and got STS cardio. reading the description of the workouts made me have to order now! lol.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the MMA especially! Maybe she will have a guest appearance from someone involved with the UFC like Chuck Liddell or Randy Couture!

Hi everyone!

Hope all is doing well. I started to exercise again (thanks Laura). I am taking it slowly, but I really am feeling pretty good. I always feel better when I am working out.

I wanted to show yu a cute picture I took of Anna today. She has such chubby cheeks!!! She is 3 weeks already!!

Attachments

• Anna 3 weeks.jpg
    Anna 3 weeks.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 20
Hi everyone
sorry im such a stranger to these boards lately! I always mean to check in but when its just me and the baby at home its hard enough to go to the bathroom let alone get on the forums. But grandpa is here and daddy is here, so mommy has free hands! Yay

I did NOT order the STS cardio but i really really want to. We are having such financial issues, i dont even know if i can swing it. I will probably cave. My DH thinks its too big of an investment and said i should wait until im better and can work out again - but he doesnt understand that the preorder is alot CHEAPER and that it will take MONTHS before this is in our hands. I really want it tho since i have all of cathe's workouts and like the idea of the short but effective cardio workouts.

Skyy, your baby is a cutie pie!! She has a full head of hair like my little Eva - who is a month old today!! I cant beleieve it :( here are some more pics of her - hope ya'll dont mind them :)

my mom was here for two weeks and she was such a huge help. i brought her to the airport last nite and cried :( i really miss her and i know she misses her grandbaby a lot too..

i still havent started working out, but i am back to my pre preggo weight. and i was eating alot with mom here so go figure. breast feeding must really burn cals!

i hope you are all doing well, enjoying your new babies and for those preggo's - yours will be in your arms shortly!! Jess and Laura you are so close!! :)

Attachments

• eva1.jpg
    eva1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 24
  • eva2.jpg
    eva2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 18
Skyy - oh my goodness! you are so right!! are we long lost twins lol...mixed baby, twin dogs haha.
My dog is an imperial shitzu, which is a smaller version of a shitzu. she is about 8 pounds. what is chewie (love that name by the way!)

lol!!!!
i showed the pic to hubby and he thought the same thing!!! i'm not sure what kind of shihtzu i have, but he is a sweetie!

i showed yours to my husband and he said hey that looks like princess :) I said I know, thats why she posted a picture of hers. So we are all in agreement...lol

The baby pics are so cute! Ryan is swimming and rolling. I'm definitely all belly. Crazy stuff!!!

Hello all.

Skyy and Jen - your little ones are so precious!! can't wait till I can share pics! :) Thats so funny you both have the same kind of dog ha. They look the same to me too.

Skyy -I can't wait to get back into working out after baby. Sigh!! I am having a hard time now with it. It'll be so much easier without a little critter in the oven. ha.

Jen -Glad your back to prepreg weight. Thats how it worked with my last two so I HOPE it does again! Yeah I guess its the breastfeeding that does it. great isn't it! :)

Laura -glad Ryan is doing well. my little one sometimes pushes so hard I can feel body parts. I know I felt a WHOLE leg the otherday!! I was shocked. How can he even push that hard??

Well I have an appt today so I'll update if I find out anything worth posting. People are telling me I look like I've dropped but why is it they can tell and I can't? ha. For sure though it feels like hes down there pretty good. Still having hip soreness and in the pubic area. nothing severe but enough to make me super cautious. I'm curious to ask if they do an exam to see where he's at and about how big they guess he is.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.