ttc and pregnant week of dec 2

morris

Cathlete
hi everyone

i am starting us off as i have a minute this snowy and cold monday morning. we are expected to get about a foot of snow. i am so grateful for all wheel drive!

how is everyone? lisa, hope you are over af. any more thoughts on acupuncture or clomid?

anne, how are things?

mel, sorry you missed this cycle. will you try again next month? i cannot wait to look at your pics.

hi autumn - what are you up to these days?

hi jen - are you around?

hi kristan - great runs last week. how long are you usually able to run during pregnancy?

i went for my 10 wk checkuo friday and everything looks great. i am so relieved. i am feeling awful still, but hoping to be better soon. workouts continue to be the best thing for me. i did a lot of running last week, kickboxing, and imax 3. this week i am hoping to keep running and doing step. my belly is definately thickening, and some of my form fitting clothes are already put away but i am wearing most things. i have gained 7lbs though:eek: :eek: i am just remembering that with ds, i gained a lot early, then nothing later. we will see.

have a great day everyone

Morris, I never minded much having a little extra "padding"/baby in the winter months. We don't really "TTC", we just don't do anything to prevent it. We've never been the type to say, "Let's go do it, we're ovulating"! I have a healthy appetite, it you know what I mean? ;) I hope you feel better soon.
Lisa, yoou've been so quite, things slowing down?
Kristan, are you getting more energetic?
Anne, any plans for holidays?
Autumn, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?
I"ll check in later,...

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Hi Girls,
Yes, I am around-just extremely busy with teaching, Silpada jewelry shows, my family (and visiting my mother-in-law) and getting ready for Christmas! Yikes. I just came down with a nasty chest cold and sore throat. Did you ever feel that even your hair hurts when you are sick? That's how I feel.

I have been doing well with my workouts, though. I am following P90x, and I am in my 2nd week. I loved it the first time I did it. I hate to admit this, but I think I am going to sell my 4-Day Split on ebay. I just don't do it at all. Maybe I will give it another try?

Morris-How much snow did you get? We were supposed to get some in PA yesterday, but we didn't get anything. I was hoping for at least a delay for school this morning. How old is your son? Mine is 2 1/2.

How is everyone else?

Take care and stay warm.
-Jen

Hi all,
Noting too much new here. Just waiting to see what the temps do in the next few days to see if we have good news. They took a dive, so hoping they get back up there tomorrow or the next day. If not AF should be on the way Thurs or Friday!

Morris - Happy to hear about the check up. Nice job on the workouts too! 7 lbs isn't bad...

Jen - I think I need to start P90X again. I had started it and then got preggers in June and with a m/c in my history, didn't want to over do it. I'd like to start it up again. Did you lose a lot of weight doing it? My problem is not eating clean when I do it, so I don't gain, but I also don't lose either. I haven't done the 4 Day split either, but I'll keep them anyway for variety. Might pick it up again some day!

Hi Melanie, Lisa and anyone I might have missed!

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA the last few days, but our new computer system went up at work and it's been CRAZY!!!! I've been really stressed and haven't had anytime free time to myself. I've been working out doing cardio only every other day just to keep my sanity, but no computer time or anything else.

Morris - Congrats on the ultrasound! Is the little one starting to look more like a baby then a bean now?

Jen/Anne - I start P90X, but can't seem to get through it.

Jen - I hope you feel better.

Anne - I hope that temp dip was an implantation dip. How are things with your family?

Kristan - I'm not much into football either, but with Hawaii doing so well this year, we've been following. We were excited that they had a perfect record this year and going to the Sugar Bowl. I know Georgia is a really good team so we'll see what happens. If I'm right, you would be cheering MO on right?

Melanie - How are you? I hope work is crazy for you as well. How has the drive been to work?

I'll try to get on more this week. It's just been CRAZY!!! Please pray for my sanity!

Ahhhhhhh! I can't sleep with this cold! I am up since 3:30a.m. It doesn't help that my husband breathes really loud either. I am not tired at all. I just took one Mucinex before bed, but that usually doesn't bother my sleep at all. At least this cold is starting to make its way out.

I just finished P90x legs, and it felt good to do that. My legs need to slim down! I bought pants last year, and they are getting tight:eek: .

Anne-I like P90X. I did notice results last time, mostly in my arms, but some in legs and abs too. I love the book that comes with the DVDs because it lists all of the workouts in a lot of detail. So, I put my ipod on my ears and go to town, following the book. Once you do the workouts on the DVDS, it is easy to follow the book. I didn't follow the diet plan last time, and I am not following it now either-just trying to eat cleaner.

Well, I am off to get ready for work. Have a good one!
-Jen

jen, colds are rotten!! i hope yours passes. i love saline drops at night to help losen things up.

lisa, i am praying for your sanity! sorry things are so stressful. it is a hard time of year too, that is for sure.

mel, hope you are enjoying a quiet week. what is new?

autumn, where are you?

anne, hope those temps are back up.

hi kristan - hope you are well.

we are digging out from 10.5 inches of snow. it sure is pretty. i could not get out of bed this am so will work out during ds's nap. i am hoping to do plb, some abs, and maybe a little cardio. actually, my main goal today is no refined stuff. my nausea is better, so i have NO EXCUSES!

hope everyone has a great wednesday!

Kristan - I hope you feel better soon.

Morris - Wow, that's a lot of snow. I want to take my kids to see snow since we obviously don't get any here. I need to workout tonight. At least do cardio. Been up since 4:30am because of the storm here and I'm pooped. I need to eat better also. I've been eating less because I haven't been working out as much, but I should eat better.

Lisa

Lisa, you can come to the Minnesota/Canada border in my neck of the woods and help me shovel!!!!! That way your kids can see the snow. ;)
We haven't gotten as much as Morris has, but some parts of Minnesota/Wisconsin have gotten well over a foot!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Lisa, you can come to the Minnesota/Canada border in my neck of the woods and help me shovel!!!!! That way your kids can see the snow. ;)
We haven't gotten as much as Morris has, but some parts of Minnesota/Wisconsin have gotten well over a foot!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

melanie, are you as cold as we are? i could not bring myself to run outside this morning _it was 6 degrees! tomorrow should be better at a whopping 18 degrees.

lisa, what kind of storm did you have? how is your stress level? maybe you need to plan a treat for yourself, like a night out with dh?

hi anne, my fingers are crossed for you.

hi jen, how are things?

hi autumn.

kristan, hope this finds you well. i have turned the corner on the nausea, but not the fatigue. how are you feeling?

bbl!

Melanie - LOL! You're too funny. Shoveling snow does sound like a workout though!

Morris - Wow, 6 degrees! I've been in 20 below weather and I swear my nose felt like it went numb as soon I stepped out of the car. It was in Ohio way back when I was in high school. I spent a Xmas with my friend there and I remember they couldn't go to school because the roads were iced over. I remember even with my gloves on my fingers felt frozen. How far are you now? You're reaching your 2nd trimester next week? The storm happened over night and the next morning there were trees down and phone lines in the older neighborhoods that still have telephone poles. Not quite hurricane weather, but close to it. Some areas were without electricity. As far as the stress level, work has been better, but still loads of work to do. And I got a phone call from ds' teacher because he hasn't been completing his work in class and he was supposed to show me a note she wrote, but he hid it. I would love a massage or spa treatment for Xmas! Do you and DH do a gift exchange for Xmas?

Hi everyone else! Did everyone put up their tree yet? Hoping to get that done this weekend.

Lisa

Morris, 6 degrees is cold,...but I had to laugh because we've been well below zero for a couple of weeks. Lisa, we've had NEGATIVE 22 degrees already last week. It's cold. I cannot imagine running outside when it's under 50 degrees or so. Morris, you are a true champion!!!

Our Christmas tree is up. We've been sooooooo busy that even on my days off I haven't always been able to workout. :( This is a true so rare for me, but at the end of the day I"m exhausted!

Oops, gotta go, sounds like Jadon fell off his chair...

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

hello everyone

i am just writing in the hopes of perking my mood up a bit. i feel quite hormonal and down today. not really sure why, but it is frustrating. i did some christmas shopping today, finally. so glad to get something accomplished. i also seem to have strained my hip flexor. runnng is out right now, but step is fine. now i just need to get moving. oh, and melanie, i tried the autostrider nordictrack elliptical at sears as it is the one i can afford possibly. it seemed okay to me. i might just get it next week.

melanie, sorry you have been so busy. is it fun busy or work busy? do your kids go out in that cold? if not, what do you manage to do inside with them??

lisa, feeling any less stressed? a massage sounds wonderful right now.

hope everyone else is well. i also hope my mood improves. i am just so down:(( okay, no more wallowing. and no more cookies. they are not helping!

Morris - Maybe you can watch a funny movie or something. I did the elliptical throughout my second pregnancy and it was great. No stress on any part of my body and I was still able to get a decent workout it. Feeling a little less stressed. My dog goes in for her next shot on Monday. She's been doing well so that alleviated a lot of stress. Hope you feel better!

Melanie - BRRRR....have some hot chocolate for me! I've been having those exhausted days as well.

I will be out the whole day. The kids have their final season game/performance at the stadium today. Ds has his football game and dd has her cheerleading performance. After that, we have a bowling event to go to for ds' end of the season banquet thing. I'm tired just thinking about it! We at least got the tree up, now we just have to decorate.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Lisa

to revise my earlier post, i am much better now. i did bm2 scrambled eggs, shaved my legs and put on a mud mask. sorry if tmi:)

lisa, wow, i am tired reading about what you have to do. how do you keep up? i bet your tree looks great.

anne, i too am waiting for your post - fingers crossed!

we have our tree up and decorated. dh leaves in 9 days, so we will celebrate christmas next sunday, then dh gets to take the tree down before he leaves!

tonight is my christmas party for work. thankfully, i can just button my dressy pants. of course, i dare not eat, or they might pop open!

Morris,
Do you know the rubberband trick? Some pg women put rubberbands through the hole of their pants and hook it through the button. Worth a try, if you want some pie. ;) Our new home is huge, the boys can actually ride their bikes in the game room when it's cold!! We haven't fully furnitured the house yet, so the kids can pretty much do windsprints,...they don't mind that we all hurdle around a 2 1/2 ft diamater round table for dinner!

Anyone due to ovulate this week? Everyone busy with holiday stuff?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.