TTC/ Post M/c Support Week of 2/8/09

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hi horny ladies! I wanted to put that in title, but chickened out!

I have today & tomorrow off, so I'm totally hyped about that! Hope to get family time in, cleaning time, and some hardcore workout time in too!

AF is due this Thursday. My calculations were wrong,...I'd be ovulating the week PRIOR to Disney...so I guess we'll won't take this next month off. I have 2 months left in me. I'm pretty burnt out now, so we'll see how it goes.

I plan to use the regular clearblue ovulation monitor plus the smiley ones. My dr let me decide to increase Clomid or try Femara for this cycle (and next). I'm thinking I'll go with Femara. I have such strange CM with Clomid.

Jen, I'm sending you (hugs). You have alot on your plate!

Bethany, any sign of AF? Have you tried any herbals to help with DH's libido? My DH's is flatline. It's frustrating....but at least we're connecting. For several months after m/c we didn't have any action. Then he couldn't have any action (erection disfunction type stuff). Now we have "short" sex,...but it's still good. TMI?

Precilla, any positives with your ovulation kit?

Autumn, I should be on FB today (on and off). Tomorrow too. Maybe we can get together and chat?

Susan, how you feeling?

Best get breakfast on table & start getting ready for God's house. :)

Hi every one,

I am currently 7days post ovulation. I HATE playing the waiting game. I think I'll try to test on Thursday.

Melanie - I saw you are going to Disney. Our family is going the first week in March. If I figure it correctly and get a BFP then I'll be 7 weeks pregnant. I'm nervous about being on a plane because the last 2 times I was pregnant I miscarried within 1 week of flying. I know it's not at all related and it's due to my blood clotting disorders but after 2 miscarriages you tend to be a bit paranoid (an understatement).

Isn't it amazing that when you've miscarried or are TTC how much it affects and somewhat takes over your life. It seems like it's all I think about. It doesn't help that I've had 6 people close to me have children born within the past 3 months! It's wierd because it's not that I'm not happy for them, I'm just sad for me.

Hi!
We are back at home and Im procaratinating unpacking!
Melanie-cramping is much better. When I was preg with DD I took tylenol for 3 weeks because I was sure I was about to start. Felt this same way. My dr said it was normal too, just things inside changing. Im still nervous though...if my back starts hurting, then I'll know whats probably going to happen. Im glad you wont be out this month! Just have a LOT of sex girl!
HI Bethany, Jen, and Pricilla!
Ok Im off to unpack and get it over with.

Welcome, Wendy! We're going to Disneyworld March 1st thru 8th. I've flown once, everyone else in my family has NEVER flown. This is going to be a big adventure for us....we've never been on vacation!!! BTW, do you use ovulation kits?

I plan to test tomorrow or so. I'm not even confident that I ovulated last month, but we'll see what happens. I'm so eager to get pg....but I'm so nervous too. Life is so fragile, isn't it?

Susan, we are all living through you right now. Shine, honey!!!

Bethany? What's up today?

jen, things slow down?

Precilla, ovulate yet?

We'll be at Disneyworld March 4-11. My 3yr old DD is obsessed with the Disney princesses. Isn't it going to be great just watching how they react to it all. My parents are taking my DH, DD and I for a Christmas gift. We've never taken a family vacation either and to be honest, it seems intimidating since there's so much stuff going on there.

As far as ovulation goes, I'm very fortunate in that I'm very predictable and have a 28 day cycle. My cervical mucous is also very indicative of the various stages of my cycle. That goodness for TCOYF book. Someone on these forums recommended it to me 4 1/2 years ago when I got pregnant with my DD.

Good luck testing tomorrow. I know what you mean about being nervous. I've never examined toilet paper so close until I became pregnant. Always searching for signs of a problem. I'll send up a prayer for you tonight.

Hello

Hi Ladies,

No ovulation for me yet, I haven't even seen a faint double line, but it's only Day 13 on cycle and mine are usually 30-32 days, so I'm hoping to have good news this weekend.

Malanie, I am so glad you miscalculated your cycle this one time, it seems like you'll have some time get private and horny, Yeah!! If for some reason I don't conceive this month, I'll be getting the Clear blue too with the smiley faces. By the way, thanks for the recommendations (acne)
I may call tomorrow to schedule an appointment with a local dermatologist

Bethany, I forgot about Differin. I've used that too, and works great. I haven't heard about the other one you mention. Any signs of AF yet?

Jen, I am sending you posite vibes and HUGS, hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Autumn and Susan
Autumn, How do you like STS so far?? I got a kettlebell (15pds) and have done that w/o with Beth and Anthony a couple of times.

Welcome Wendy, I am with you, I totally hate the waiting game!
Well, I will keep everybody posted!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! AF is gone gone gone! Just waiting to O now! I'm going to start Mucinex tomorrow just to be sure I have enough CM. I didn't have much this first cycle after m/c so I just want to be sure all my basis are covered.

Melanie- I read what you almost titled our post and laughed! How did you know? Ever since the m/c our BDing has been amazing! It's not as frequent but when we do....boy oh boy! However this next week he is going to have to step it up and DTD every other day. Good luck on the testing!

Susan- I had minor cramping in the beginning of my pregnancy and everyone reassured me its because your uterus is stretching and your little bean is just getting comfy and cozy. What I find ironic now is that when the cramping stopped for me, is when I started spotting. Everyone had told me "Don't worry about the spotting because you aren't cramping" but now I know better. I pray that you will reach a point where you can breathe a little easier about your pregnancy.

Priscilla- My cycles sound fairly similiar to yours. I usually O around CD 17 and have 30-33 days cycles. Good luck and I hope you are getting plenty of BDing in just in case!

Hey Bethany, hey Autumn! Welcome Wendy! TCOYF is like the bible for us women during our child bearing years! No work out today! Had too much fun last night so I had to recover. I figure it was my last night out before the serious TTC stuff gets down to business.

Jen

Hey everyone, no signs of AF, though I never really had premenstrual symptoms anyway. It's my understanding that I should bleed by 14 days after starting the pills (or 4 days after I'm finished with the 10 day supply). Does that sound right?

Welcome, Wendy!! Waiting is so tough! I know what you mean about it taking over your thinking/life. The woman who you were talking about from your work sounds like she's just so absorbed in her own situation that she can't be sensitive to yours. At my work someone has been pregnant at any given point throughout the 2 years I've been there, so there's always reminders.

Melanie, glad to hear that you'll be able to try this month!

Jen, what's BDing? I don't know if it's a side effect of the progesterone or what but I've been in the mood for sex a lot lately too!

Priscilla, what time of the day are you testing? I've heard it's not really supposed to make a difference, but for me it did. I hope you get your double lines soon!! Good luck with your acne situation, I know how terrible it can be.

Susan, I bet your cramping is normal, though I'm sure it doesn't take away your nervousness. I just wanted to fast-forward that first trimester with all of the worrying and morning sickness...

Hi Autumn! Anything new?

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go!:)

monring!
Progesterone must cause insomnia. Since I have been taking it I can't sleep. I have been getting probably 4 hours a night. I sleep for a good hour then Im up, wide awake tossing and turning.
Melanie-let us know after you test!! Im glad you won't be out of trying before DW, just in case!
Jenn-Im rooting for you this month!
Bethany-BDing is baby dancing-sex. Hope AF pays a visit soon!
Pricilla-isnt waiting the hardest part. Every twinge or symptom is magnified during that time.
Hi Wendy and Atumn!

Good morning!

Bethany- I didn't have any signs that AF was starting this cycle except cramps about 1 hr before. BBs weren't sore or swollen or anything which was strange for me. I have been very horny ever since the m/c. DH loves it...all he has to do is barely mention the topic and I'm in! :)

Thanks Susan! I'm rooting for me too! I started my Mucinex today so hopefully we can catch that egg! Sorry to hear about the insomnia. I notice that a few days after I O that I have some restless sleep and I always assumed it was the rise in progesterone. But then it levels out and I am real sleepy. I hope you get sleepy soon!

Hi to everyone else! BBL!

I wish I could use Mucinex......but just the "taste' of those tablets make me want to hurl!!! EEEEEEWWWWWWWW

School's closed today due to sleet/ice rain. We have Madagascar 2 to watch today. I think i"m going to go cuddle & wake up slowly!

Pg test is negative....but silly me, I"m sure it's way to early to test. I really don't think I'm pg (but Susan didn't think she was either).

Dh didn't feel comfortable making love after m/c. It took almost 4 months for us to get back into the "rhythm". We're definitely 180 degrees to the better now.,.....

:)

You tested SIX days early?!??! Too funny. Isn't that neurotic? LOL ....Just think....Jen wouldn't test for days AFTER her "AF due date". ;)

And I probably will do the same thing this month too. I will be too nervous to test.

I hope its just too early for you Melanie. Cuddling and waking up slowly sounds sooo nice right now. Hope you enjoyed it!

Which pg test do you all use? I bought the Target brand Early Result Pregnancy Test which is apparently similar to First Response. I just don't know which one will give me the fastest yes:) or no:(.

It's funny about the sex drive. The only time I have any drive anymore is the week of ovulation then my DH knows he better be ready. I've been known for waking him up in the middle of the night if I'm ovulating. Trust me, that's the ONLY time that ever happens!

Wendy, I think most preg tests are about the same. I got the cheapie drug store brand. When if AF due for you?

Hi there

Hi everyone,

I am just chilling here, today I'm off. I did Muscle Endurance and had a great w/o
Bethany, I normally tested btw 5 or 6 pm. I haven't tried today.

It's funny how we all test too early. Last month was my first month TTC and I spent like 8 test. I thought they were all wrong! I couldn't believe I wasn't preggo. Newbie here LOL

Off to eat dinner

AF is due on the 16th (next Monday)

Does anyone use www.yourdays.com? I like being able to plug in my numbers and I can record our days of trying, my ovulation etc. Unfortunately I don't know if it would work well for those of you with irregular cycles.

Luprisi - I know what you mean about taking multiple tests! Even when I would get a BFP I would still take several tests just to be sure. Last time I took 6!

Wendy, I use yourdays.com too...though it keeps alerting me that my "period is out of date" bc the last one I had was Nov. 2nd.:eek:

I feel like a slob for taking today off from working out...I just found out that I'll be working longer days this week and won't get to see Taylor so I was/am pretty sad and I wanted to cuddle with her as much as I could tonight. I did my first standing leg workout on Saturday in WEEKs due to my knee pain - it was Slow and Heavy Legs/Shlds and I STILL have DOMS, I love it!!

Susan, it says right on the side effects page from my progesterone pills that it can cause insomnia. I hope you can get some sleep soon! I had insomnia when I was first pregnant too but I thought it was due to me being so nervous about the pregnancy...who knows. How old is your DD?

Melanie, sorry about your negative result but ya never know! Lainie's test was negative too and then two days later it was positive!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.