TTC/Miscarriage Support Week of Mar. 15

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! Just getting us started! Off to do loads of laundry and clean the fridge and then get a nice workout in! BBL!

Today I'm on Day 2 of my cycle. I'm contemplating training for a 1/2 marathon on May 9th, which isn't too far away. If I decide to train, I will put off TTC for another month....which might be good for my soul. If I begin to train, then get BFP,...I would stop training and not run the race. We'll see. I'm looking for some guidance from Above.

I gained lots of weight in Disney. I'm anxious to get back into the swing of things. I'm going to jump in at week 6 of a 12 week 1/2 marathon training program & hope that'll help me get back on track.

I've been checking in from time to time but am trying my darnest not to get obsessed over here. :D

I thought I should put this post here....as I tagged onto last weeks:

Autumn, did u get into "trouble" venturing off to other forums? I once got into trouble on an open discussion. So much trouble, in fact, that Cathe support team "removed" the post!!!! Oops!!!

Lucy, CM checking is great but it is considered a secondary method b/c the results need to be interpertrated (okay I spelled that word really wrong, didn't I?). Basal temperatures are black & white and can be primary methods of ovulation prediction. As long as you are taking temps properly...your results can be more easily understood. Autumn, correct me if i'm wrong. Other primary test would be urine or OPTs. I find doing 2 tests at the same time is more conclusive.

Precilla, I"m sorry about your dermatologist too! My eldest son wore braces (orthodontics) for 2 years & had them removed. We still took him to orthodontist for "check ups" monthly. At my last one, the young dentist looked at me with a sparkling smile and said, "Yup, Jory is all set to have his braces put on!". I was sooooooo pissed!!!! I paid thousands for this teeth & felt scammed. We never went back for a follow-up.

Hi ladies. I'm still very nauseated. I even wake up at around 2am feeling that way. I finally called my MD and got some anti-nausea medication which seems to take the edge off. I've been eating chicken soup and mashed potatoes and that's all that even sounds remotely appealing. I did Bootcamp upper body premix (10min) yesterday w/ much less weight than I would normally use and it was more than enough. Today I'm going to try to get to the gym and walk (maybe run) a bit on the treadmill.

Melanie - I always miss the good posts that SNM has to go in and remove. Who knows, having something to focus on other than TTC may be a great thing. TTC is just so time and mind consuming.

Jen - Glad you had fun at the NKOTB concert. How are you feeling?

Susan - how are you feeling? I'm impressed you got in a 5mile walk the other day. You go girl!

Autumn - That's very interesting about the pill. It never even occurred to me that it wouldn't be a real period because of no ovulation but it makes sense. And I rarely venture off to other forums. If I'm searching for something I may but I've never posted anywhere but here. Now you have us curious as to what happened.

Priscilla - I think I would switch dermatologists. You need someone who you can trust.

Mel2 - How are you?

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

Jen, I'm with you today on the laundry and cleaning. How on earth did you find the energy to stand all that time at the NKOTB concert?? AND do your floors? You're good.:) Re the bloating...I remember thinking that I was "showing" so early on due to all the gas. It went away of course until I REALLY started showing at ~7 months.

Melanie, I say just go for it with the 1/2 marathon training. It's tough wanting something so much but feeling like you are putting your life on hold, in a way, to try and get it. I tell DH all the time how I wish I could just forget about TTC and getting a period again and just workout without guilt again!!! But that's not me...I'm a problem solver and if there's something that I perceive as "wrong" I'll try to "fix" it.

Priscilla, sorry about the visit with your derm. I've had many similar experiences. Then when I did get pregnant and my acne got really severe my derm didn't want to discuss any safe options - the general attitude was "deal with it". Belli Pregnancy has a nice acne face wash with lactic acid in it, I got it from drugstore.com.

Autumn, I feel like I'm in my own little bubble on the fit moms/pregnancy forums. Everyone really is so sweet and suportive of each other here. Maybe bc we are on common ground here? I lurk but really don't post much on the other forums. BTW thanks for your response on PM, I have to read it again so I can respond.

Wendy, how long do you have to do the shots for? The entire pregnancy??

Susan, how did you find out about the PCOS? Blood test? I wonder if I should ask for one. Maybe it's time to bring out more pillows to help with the belly sleeping situation!:p

Mel2, how are you doing?

So I was cautiously hopefuly yesterday bc my Fertility Friend chart said that I ovulated (going by my temps, not my CM)...then today my temp is back down and apparently I didn't. I mean, I know that I didn't anyway but it gave me a sense of hope to see my temps elevated for those few days. I still don't know what to do!

Off to get some cleaning done and then MIS or GS legs.

Mornin' ladies!

Melanie ~ I know you'll do what is best as far as TTC or trainin' for the marathon. Removed a post!! What on earth for? I didn't get into trouble. It just seems people are extremely sensitive these days. It seems like when I first started coming here, people were more easy going. Less drama. I get this feeling some people are looking for posts to get offended about. KWIM?

Wendy ~ I am sorry you are nauseated but then again I'm not. :) Seriosuly, I will be happy for you when you are passed the nausea and fatigue.

I have no idea where I am in my cycle. I had the flu when AF came and am not sure what day it was. I need to get a calendar & narrow it down to get an idea of where I am.

Hi Jen! Hi Mel2! Hi Susan! Hi Priscilla!

Hi
You girls have been chatty today!
Jen-so glad you had fun! Did you get a workout in today??
Melanie-hey girl! Thats awesome of the half marartion. I could never do that!
Bethany-an ultrasound was done when I was told I had pcos. You could see follicles all over my ovaries. I don't recall having any bloodwork.
Wendy-Im sorry and happy you are so nausuos. Its a good sign. I'm still pretty queasy, but it is easing up a little. Hang in there.
Atumn, Pricilla, Mel2HI
Yesterday I did an old Firm and today I did LIS. I stil l havent gained any weight..whew. Well, I can no longer sleep on my belly so its from side to side all night. My tummy is not showing but I sure can tell something is in there when I lie on my stomach and feel something when I lie of my back.
I am still very blue..hope I get happy and excited soon!

Hey everyone! You guys are chatty today! Usually Sundays are slower. :) I did Legs and Glutes today and I feel so much better. It feels so nice to stretch my pelvic area and hips. I still feel achy/crampy but nothing to be concerned about. I have a few spells of nausea here and there if I don't eat when my body wants me to. All in all I'm doing good so far.

Melanie- If I were you, I would train for the marathon to get my mind off TTC and then if I got my BFP I would stop. I was really upping my running for the 5K coming up and really focusing on my endurance and speed until my BFP. It helped me to have something to focus on. You will do what is right for you, you always do. :)

Bethany- I don't know how I found the energy to stand but I didn't do my floors the same night! :) I get some bursts of energy so I take advantage of it and when I start to feel tired and achy, I sit down and rest and type you guys. ;) I do feel like I am "showing" but it is all in the middle of stomach, not lower so I know its not baby at all, just gas. I'm still eating pretty good. I made this Italian Spinach Soup that I adore and it has helped things along today. About your temps, I wonder if your body is attempting to O but just isn't yet. I would see signs that I O'd and then didn't and be so disappointed. Hang in there!

Wendy- I am sorry that you are nauseauted but hopefully that means you have a sticky bean! I keep thinking I will take any symptoms that He gives me as long as my bean is healthy and my pregnancy is uncomplicated. Take care of yourself and rest.

Autumn- I have sat and read some very "heated" posts on here and cannot believe how juvenile some "grown" women can be. I would never ever speak to anyone I know let alone someone I don't know the way some of these women can speak to each other over a topic. I agree that people just seem to be more sensitive and touchy. I have never really felt comfortable posting anywhere other than the Fit Moms and Post Pregnancy Forum. It's really rough out there!

Susan- How are you feeling? Did you eat your eggs again today? ;)

Hi Priscilla and Mel2 and anyone else I missed!

I"m doing the 1/2 marathon (or at least I'm 80 % sure I am). I got support from DH. Today I ran a "mock 10K" and it wasn't bad. I'll probably be sore tomorrow. It's something I've wanted to do for a while..... so I'm out this month. I'm uncertain if I will bother with ovulation tests or not?...we are scheduled to be out of town around ovulation again....dr appts....so we'll be hotelling it again....and BDing + small hotel room + 3 kids does not work.

The 1/2 marathon is in just 6 weeks, so I'll only need to take one month off. My last three pregnancies were conceived in the spring,...so I hope I'm not making a mistake. We won't use contracepties....just won't seek BDing for the sake of BDing. Don't get me wrong I STILL WANT TO MAKE LOVE ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!

We're busy looking for a replacement car for the Mazda I totalled in the fall (hit a deer). We're looking for a Subaru (Forester, maybe). Hoping to find something when we're out of town.

I'll check in from time to time.

Have a good week, ladies!

Hi ladies

Well so much going lately,

Today is CD 18 and finally the Clear Blue digital had a smiley face this morning. I also woke up around 5am, no temp shift but having cramps (sort of like menstrual cramps) and that's when I got the + on the Digital kit. Hopefully, this is it, we had baby dancing for the past 3 days, so wish us luck on catching that egg...

Hey girls, do you stop working out during your more fertile days and when actively b'ding? I stopped working out for the past 3 days, I don't know if it's necessary but I want to be on the safe side.

Melanie, I'd say go for the marathon. In fact, it I don't get preggo this time, I'll be doing a 3 month rotation. It's so hard to put everything on hold for too long. When it's time it's time.
How old was your son when he has ortho tx? I am under the impression that if he was much younger than 12, he just had phase I tx and 85-95% of kids requiring phase I will require phase II tx when all permanent teeth are in.

Bethany, thanks for the recommendation I haven't bought the prescription yet and I/m getting a little anxiuos b/c it's getting out of control

Susan, It's so refreshing to hear your progress, how exciting. Good job on maintaining a healthy weight. By the way, I love LIS, short and sweet cardio

Wendy, hopefully the food aversion will go away soon

Jen, I am glad you're feeling much better regardless of the nausea here and there

Autumn, a calenday is so useful, I started using one two months ago. It's hard to remember everything. I'm charting temps, CM, sex etc..
Ohh, Today I order Lauren Brooks DVD (On the Edge), do you have it?? If so, how do you like it?

Mel2, how have you been?, feeling better?

Later

So I bought some FertilAid online yesterday..hopefully I didn't get scammed!:eek: It's supposed to make cycles regular again, though, as DH pointed out - I have no cycles in the first place!!

At work today one of my co-workers wanted to measure my body fat because we were talking about getting pregnant and how my OB said to gain weight. I told her that I'm probably 18% because that's my BMI and I know they're not the same thing but I thought they would be close. Anyway, I was measured with calipers on the thigh, ab, and tricep 3 times and....it was 8%!!!! That can't be right. I kind of flipped out and everyone at work and even DH when I told him said "what did you expect?" So I'm still in denial bc that's awfully low and maybe I still have a distorted body image from my ED days but I don't look underweight at all. Now everyone's telling me to drink Ensure or Boost.:rolleyes: What to do, what to do??

Thanks for "listening" to my rant:)

Priscilla, good luck with catching that egg!!! Sounds like you were/are able to make the most of this cycle!! Now comes the 2 WW!

Bethany, it sounds like you need to gain some weight,...girlie! You're hearing it from you doctor, your co-workers, and friends. We can't all be wrong. It's so tough when we have fixed, false beliefs. We're here for you!!!

Im not sore today. I hope that's a good thing. I need to workout tomorrow AM before work,...which means I have to go to bed earlier....I need to get up by 5AM. For extra incentive, I ordered myself a garmin. :confused:

Oh, my son had braces at 12. He's almost 15 and his teeth look perfect. We were concerned about his two front teeth which were crossed. At this point it'd be all cosmetic....at 12 it was an issue b/c he's teeth were wearing on one another. I"m not paying for cosmetic braces. I'm a mean mom!!!:eek:

Hi everyone, I went back to the MD today because I had a tiny bit of spotting and cramping yesterday. He checked me and found nothing and said it must have been my imagination because if I had bleeding he would have found traces of it. I'm still cramping but he didn't seem to be bothered by it. He did decide to check my HCG levels so I'll go back on Thursday to make sure they're increasing like they should. Otherwise, just happy there's no cause for concern.

Bethany - I'm sorry you're cycles are such a mystery. Yep the shots are for the entire pregnancy and for 8weeks postpartum.

Melanie - I'm glad you decided to do the 1/2 marathon. It'll be a good mental/physical challenge and it'll surely help you shed that Disney weight:)

Priscilla - yes I did cut back on my workouts on my more fertile days and even up until possible implantation. I focused more on weight training and avoided high impact activities. Good luck catching that egg!

Jen - I'm glad you're doing well. I know what you mean about the nausea but it's a good sign so I'm glad you have it too:)

Autumn - I wonder if men act like caddy women on their forums? I know I would be devastated if I ever offended someone online but I guess for some it doesn't seem to matter. I wonder if their husbands are doormats?

Susan -Glad your nausea is lightening up a bit. Have you found that foods you normally would eat don't even sound appealing?

Mel2 - How are you?

Hey Everyone --sorry I have been so slack this week. I've been working too much!

Wendy - be sure to let us know how the HCG levels are! I am praying for you and Jen's pg's

Melanie - I am envious about the 1/2 marathon. I've always wanted to be a runner, it's just not in me. I have a slightly uneven pelvis and I get shin splints and my back gets all out of whack.

Hey ya -- Priscilla, Autumn and Bethany: I hope you are having a good week.

So, I had my post op check today. Everything "looks ok" he said. He wants me to wait 2 cycles before trying again. Which is just fine with me, we weren't thinking of giving it a go again until this summer anyway.
Now, I am on to try and loose some weight while I am not TTC. I am about 10-15lbs overweight (ideal body weight), we will see how that goes.

Mel2

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't posted, I am just so wiped. I worked out two days this week so far so I feel ok about that. I switched from running to walking because I just don't have the energy to run. My hips have been bothering me lately and today I had a horrible pain in my hip which makes my front outer thigh tingly. It feels better now but I read online that it is very common for pregnant women because of the stretching and shifting of things. I am going to try and go home and walk on the treadmill and stretch to help things. Other than I am still doing good. I didn't feel any morning sickness this AM but it started about an hour ago.

How is everyone else doing? I really miss working out and having a hard workout and telling you guys about it after.

Mel2 and Melanie- I too am jealous about the half marathon. I just really started running again when I got my BFP. Thanks for prayers Mel2, they really mean alot! I went out a strict diet and workout plan after my m/c because I felt like I had some "control" over something. It was good therapy for me.

Wendy- I hope everything is good with your HCG levels. Mine probably won't get checked until after my first appointment on April 2. I am nervous about doing that again but I know I have to. Hopefully I can get an ultrasound in a few weeks.

Priscilla-For this pregnancy I did not scale back my workouts during ovulation and implantation. I did for the first pregnancy and thought "why?" I wanted to do everything different this time and obviously it didn't make a difference because I still got pregnant. I think it helped me mentally too during that 2 WW.

Bethany- I'm starting to wonder if gaining weight might aid you in conceiving. 8% is pretty low even though you are a petite girl. It is hard to shake our thoughts of our own body image.

Well I am typing you from work to stay awake for my last few minutes so I am headed home. :) Have a good night!

Hey

Hi everyone,

Well, I am trying to patiently wait these 2 weeks, this waiting game is not fun. I might need some guidance now. How can you tell if your secretions are cervical mucus or semen? Last time we baby danced was on Monday and I know that's the day I ovulated b/c I felt lower abs cramps and the ovulation kit displayed a smiley face. It's 2 DPO and I'm noticing some whitish egg white like, maybe semen like discharge. ??? Sorry if I grossed out anyone, I'm just looking for advice.

Jen, I am trying to cut back my workouts for the next two weeks, at least high impact stuff, I hope it's all worthy. But I agree with you on the fact that it does help to keep your mind clear while waiting.

Wendy, I'll have you on my prayers, let us know how it goes tomorrow

Bethany, I agree with Jen, 8% seems to be pretty low and maybe gaining few pounds will increase your odds significantly. Keep us posted about FertilAid.

Mel 2, glad to hear from you, It's great that you are not stressing out about TCC at least for 2 month. Get the best out of these two months so you can feel mentally and physically ready for this journal again. Good luck

Hi Susan, Melanie and Autumn, you all have a great day

Hi everyone,
I'm home with Taylor today and so happy to be going back to working my 3 days/week again next week!! She had her 1 year check up this AM and is STILL sleeping (going on a 3 hr nap now...) - I think the shots wiped her out.

Wendy, how did your appt go today? Any more cramping/spotting?

Jen, sorry you're so tired and that your hip is bugging you. Did the walking and stretching help?

Priscilla, I typically have the egg white discharge 1-2 days after sex so I'd imagine that's what it was for you. Are you still charting your temps? As long as they remain elevated I think you're okay.

Mel2, what do you do for work? Everyone gave a little background story a while back, maybe you did and I missed it?? Re the losing weight, do you have cardio coach? You don't have to be a runner to do it bc it goes off of perceived exertion and you can do it on any cardio equipment.

I left a message for my OB today to hopefully prescribe me some BC. I'm not sure when to start taking it bc I ordered that FertilAid that I should probably give a chance. My temps look like a wave pattern with the ups a downs and no sign of ovulation, of course.

Okay and I'm SUCH a nerd but I'm so excited that Cathe commented on my status update on FB!! I wrote something about eating Dairy Queen ice cream cake in order to fatten myself up, ha.

Take care and "hi" to everyone else!

Hey Bethany,
You're right, I don't think I mentoned my job. I am an acute care nurse pratitioner. I work at Duke in the Neuroscience ICU and work 6-7 24hour shifts a month. I have a real hard time watching my diet at work, esp. when things get busy. Oh well.

I was reading some of the other posts, about your body fat % deliema. I am no expert, but I do think i have read somewhere that if you are underweight, it may affect your PG. I would ask your OB for advise.

Speaking of work I am there now and need to do some exams.

Have a good week everyone.
Mel

Mornin' ladies! I am so proud of myself! I have worked out 4 days this week! I have done two CC's but done them walking (I am just too tired to run in the PM) and did L&G one day and Supersets last night. I hope I can keep this up throughout my pregnancy. I do feel better when I work out and get some good stretching in.

Bethany- I'm glad that you get to spend more time with Taylor. I worry about that when I have my little one. I don't think I am going to "want" to go back to work, I don't want to miss anything. My hip does feel better; no sharp shooting pain just a soreness/tightness feeling. You are not a nerd! I thought that was so cool that Cathe made a comment on your FB and I was sooo jealous! ;)

Priscilla-The 2ww is very hard and emotional. I would just try to stay busy and not think about it too much except in the morning when I took my temp. I knew it was out of my control at that point. I think that is why I also worked out so hard because it was a way to keep my mind occupied. I would have EW/semen after sex also.

Hi to everyone else!

Hey girls,
Sorry I havent been around. Its Spring Break here so Ive been hanging with dd. We arent going on our offical Florida vacation until May. Jen-Im going to Bradenton too!
I feel more energetic these days and I have been wanting healthier foods thank goodness. I thought I would want pasta and coke everyday! I had the most delicious canteloupe this morning and veggie soup is sounding great for lunch. I was getting quite down about not feeling good but its like all of a sudden you start feeling a little better. I got on the scale this morning and I am still the exact same as when I started..118.4. Now saying that...that is still a few pounds from where I wanted to start, but it will have to do. The perfect weight for me is between 112-115..anything under that I look totally imaciated (sp??) My workouts are still doing great. I have enjoyed doing some old Firms for an easier workout, but am looking forward to getting back into Cathe next week.
I got to the dr on Thursday and I will be 11 weeks 1 day.
Jen-sorry you are so tired but great job on the workouts. Have you made and appt with the dr yet?
Wendy-how are things going???
Pricialla- I hope your 2ww flies by!
Mel 2-take these 2 months and get yourself baby ready!
Atumn-have you O'd yet?
Melanie-where you been girl??
Bethany-HI
I hope I didnt forget anyone.
Dd and I are off to the park for a dog walk.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.