TTC and exercise; I'm going nuts....

jeanmarie

Cathlete
OK ladies who are ttc and those who have successfully conceived, please respond!!

My new doctor recommended that I exercise only 30 min/day of 'moderate, not strenous' exercise since we are trying to conceive...(we've been trying for 1 year). I can't help but wonder, if longer exercise intervals is part of the reason why i haven't conceived again (we have 4 children; I am 38, but have had various tests; everything looks 'good'). I'm no marathon runner, but still am wondering others experiences with this...

thank you for your opinion/advice!
Jeanmarie

My opinion ONLY and not expertise...did your doctor say WHY the moderate exercise? This is the thing... Doctors, unless they have a specific certification in exercise science, etc, are not very knowledgeable in the field of exercise and are always conservative for safety's sake. I even saw a program on it recently and it validated my opinion. I am not going to say go against the doctor's orders, but they really don't know that much about working out and various fitness levels. I am sorry, but it is true.

As a side note, I got pregnant pretty much on one try all three times. Yes we are very fertile and fortunate for that and I thank my lucky stars. However, I was working out very hard - I am a personal trainer so not only do I complete my own workouts comprised of things like: HIIT, heavy lifting, lots of plyos and serious hard core ab work, six times per week, I do a lot with my clients as well. I am almost 30. So, I don't know...what does that mean for me? Do you see what I mean here?

Hope I have helped you! GOOD LUCK to you in trying to conceive! :)

Clarissa

thank you all for responding! - I guess I'm looking for answers as to why I'm not conceiving ...its easy to worry that its something I'm doing (or not doing) thats causing the problem....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.