Rounded & Beautiful Bellies (navels optional) Aug 23rd

melanalyus

Cathlete
PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Sept. 25 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 13 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5 (It's a boy!)
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (identical twin girls!)
23jimbeam/Christine - Dec. 15 (It's a boy!)
bunekneck/Raciela - Dec 23 (It's a girl!)
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

Happy Sunday ladies! I thought since I"m feeling so lazy that I'd get us started this AM. LOL I'm going to have a "lazy" day today. I've declared today a "no transportation day". I will not go ANYWHERE!!!! :D :D

Next week is a busy week for me. I'm working my "2nd job" on M in town, my regular job on T,R,F, and have an ob/gyn appt on W. My ob/gyn appt includes my glucose tolerance test, extensive u/s, ob/gyn visit (about 3 hrs I figure). So......my next day "off" will be on Saturday. Our county fair starts on Thursday & I'll have to find time somewhere to take the kids....or we'll miss it this year. :(

Ladies, I'm trying to remain calm & not stress! Twin-wise, I picked up a matching set of Graco Snugride infant car seats up @ Target yesterday, and am all set on Newborn clothes. I"m looking for preemie clothes & am running into a brick wall. Any suggestions?

Wendy~ how's your Dad? Haven't heard from you in a while

Christine~ you still hanging in there? Packing like crazy?

Raciela~ how do you pronounce your name? I bet it's beautiful!

Kristine~ starting to get some energy back?

Hey Mel! Thanks for getting us started! I don't know if you have a Burlington Coat Factory up there but you can probably access them online. They have a Baby Depot and I always see preemie clothes there.

Well, so far today I've helped DH put our last big window in (we've slowly been replacing all the windows in our house this summer), cleaned out the fridge and freezer, washed our bed, and all laundry is done! And I still feel pretty good, just wiped. But not alot of pain. I sat on a stool to clean the fridge and DH carried the laundry baskets for me and I took lots of breaks. I'm quite pleased with all I've gotten accomplished despite the breaks in between. DH and I are going to Home Depot to get new fan blades (safari ones) for James's room so as soon as DH gets them up I will post pics.

Actually here are some pics of James's room:
Here is his bedding in his crib:
jamesmonkeybed003-1.jpg

These are two canvas pics I found at Target to hang on the wall:
jamesmonkeybed001-1.jpg

BBL to do personals! Need to get a shower!

Hi girls!
Melanie-good for you....I hope you have a great lazy day! I have gotten a lot of preemie clothes at Walmart for Haley's doll. Havent really noticed any elsewhere. I"ll send you some feel good vibes for your long week.

Jen-James' room looks great!! Doesnt it feel good to get all the chores done! I LOVE to clean and organzie but lately I don't get as much done...Im slllooww these days.

Been having lots of brx hx.. I had to cut my walk short this morning because it was so uncomfortalbe. OH and I need an intervention!!! I have been eating way too much sugar.....I AM OUT OF CONTROL! I really wish I could beat the sugar devil once and for all! I guess I will have to go cold turkey

Hanging out with dh and Haley today. Not sure what we're doing this afternoon.bbl

Jen, James' room looks marvelous!! It makes me feel really behind though... hearing of all that you have done. :( I have to play catch up!!!! I'm going to check out Burlington Coat factory right now!!!

Susan, I'm sorry about the braxton hicks contractions. Mine are painful this time around. Sugar addiction? LOL Now's not the time to combat that, Sweetie. :p:p I puchased all of our Walmart's preemie clothes. They had 3 matching sets. I can drive through Canada this week & see if they have anymore over there too!

Hi all you wonderful mommies to be!!!!

Organic Pregnancy Tea

Oh! I forgot to ask. I have 4 boxes of qty 18 of Raspberry Tea bags. They are supposed to strengthen your uterus muscles....but I cannot stand tea. I bought a box of them from amazon shortly after the doctor misdiagnosed my pregnancy as a miscarriage. A woman from my church persisted that I start drinking it so I could conceive again.

Anywho......would anyone like them? I try to give them to my non-pg male/female friends and everyone is afraid of it b/c it says "pregnancy tea". LOL I'd be more than happy to mail them to you!!!

Mel-Im not a big raspberry fan...surely someone here is! My brx hx luckily arent painful...just very uncomfortalbe and can't do much while they are going on. i have had a sugar addtiction since I was a kid : ). Youre right though...now is not the time to go cold turkey. Thanks for giving me an out! One day..one day!!

We have been lazy today!!!!

Hi ladies,

I haven't been around lately so I have a lot to read. I have my appointment tomorrow at 25 weeks and they will probably schedule the Glucose test as well. Feeling bigger than ever. Last night I felt a terrible pain in my ribcage, I think the baby had his feet or arms in there.

Jen, your baby's room looks awesome, I agree with Melanie though, I feel like I am waiting too long to get started

I posted some new pics (week 23-24) and the last one was at Sea World

Attachments

• DSC00876.jpg
    DSC00876.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00879.jpg
    DSC00879.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00858.jpg
    DSC00858.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 26
Priscilla- You are so beautiful! Pregnancy really agrees with you! Thanks for sharing! Good luck on the glucose test! I took mine last week but haven't heard anything so no news is good news!

Melanie- I have some red raspberry tea that I bought following my miscarriage but never drank it cause I'm not a big tea fan (not sure why I bought it). I did take the capsules because I heard it helps regulate your uterus following m/c and I guess it worked for me.

Susan- I'm right there with ya on the sugar! I can't seem to stop!

Precilla~ you have a beautiful bump! I was going to take a pic today, but I couldn't find my camera. LOL How much have you gained now?

Jen~ no news is good news. I"m sure you passed glucose test. ;)

I rested pretty much all day today. Didn't really feel all the good today, real "blah". I feel fatigued & worn down alot again. I'm afraid my little window of relief might have been it for the "honeymoon" part of this pregnancy. I"m already as big as I was when I delivered my boys. LOL

I still have alot to do......and feel like I need to push myself before I really run out of steam. I"m hoping to make it another 4-6 weeks of work ......but with serious discomfort with mega-support...... not sure if I'm being over optimistic. :eek:

Hi!
Pricilla- you look so great!!! Let us know how your appt goes!
Jen-Im trying to cut back onteh sugar...but its not easy. I have gotten into the habbit of ice cream with dh every night. Tonight I had a small bowl of Total!..yay me!

Melanie-you have more reason to feel worn out than me...but I am feeling it too. Seems like I am dragging and never have energy. We will make it!!

Ok Im mad....I got a great deal on my Art Hist texbook from Amazon. 17 bucks on a new book that would of cost 100 at the college bookstore. Anyway....it wasnt following the outline exactly so I emailed the instructor. Its the wrong freakin book! grrrrrrrr. Same author..just wrong edition. I had even called the bookstore to find out the book...she told me 4th edition, revised..so that is what I got. He is not usine the revised edition.....pooey. I can probably get by with this book.....but to make it easier Im going to get the right book tomorrow.

Off to get Haley to bed..then me!

Oh Susan! I'm sorry, that sucks. I'm sure I've done that before too. LOL Usually the books aren't that much different......the chapters may be moved around a little. Do you live by campus? I found out in pharmacy school that it's somesort of law that they HAVE to have a copy of the current edition of textbooks at the school library for indigent students who cannot afford them. :eek: I sometimes didn't buy the books......towards the end some books were over $500 each!!!!!!

Susan, is your nursery almost complete too?

Priscilla- Wow, you look so cute.
Mel- Hope you had a good rest. To pronounce my name is like Rashela.

I've been eating juuuunnnkkk foods, I feel gross afterwards.
I had varicose & spider veins on my right leg, I know some of you guys had one too. Are you guys planning to have it removed? I was thinking to have laser done.

Today is my rest day. Tomorrow I'm planning to run 3 miles on my treadmill & do Chest ( gym style ).

I hope everybody are doing great!

Morning!
Mel-I am about 15 min from campus..so its not a problem going to get the book. Im anal and must have the right book..so off I go to day to get it. My nursery is getting there. We have the crib up etc. I need to wash sheets and clothing to have that ready. Im not decorating with a theme this time around. We went all out with Haley's room but since we are moving in the Spring Im not wasting the time nor money decorating. Our basic theme for Kara is PINK....thanks to Haley lol.

Buneknek-I develeoped a major varicose vein this time...it goes from my butt to my calf. It pops out when I have been on my feet for a while....but when in the pool or taking it easy it totally disappears. Im hoping it goes away after delievery. If not..I have thought about doing something about it. Im not too worried about though. Im there with ya on the junk food! Have a nice rest day.

Last night was not very restful. The butt pain has moved to both sides..so I just flip back and forth all night long. I think I will try Tylenol tonight. Didnt do much good usually but Im willing to try again.

Today is supposed to be weights...we'll see about that!

Off to get Haely up and ready for school. bbl

Morning Waves to everyone!

Morning, everyone!

Priscilla, thanks for sharing the pics, and, everyone else, thanks for sharing the updates.

35 weeks today and the Braxton Hicks have been very uncomfortable. I also believe I set a new record for number of times to the restroom last night. Ugh. I was so sleepy driving to work that I rolled down the windows and sang as loud as I could to whatever was playing on the radio. I'm sure I woke up plenty of other drivers, too, but it worked.

Baby's kicks are not exactly the same now. It feels like she's short on room and just sort of rolling around, with an elbow to my ribs and a stomp on my bladder here and there. I'm actually looking forward to starting weekly dr visits this week. I can't wait to get a feeling of how far along we might be.

Nursery is done. :) I did remove the cute pink-and-purple butterfly Coco Loca baby bumper and blanket from the crib on the advice of a baby nurse. I really shouldn't have spent the money on a themed package that included all of those things. I probably would have saved money just buying some crib sheets and mobile. Oh well.

Excercise? Just couldn't get to it this weekend, which is so unusual for me. I put the car seat in and cleaned out the fridge. These two tasks alone got me so tired. I just didn't have any energy left for an extremely modified DVD workout or weights. Maybe I'll just try the treadmill today.

Hugs and waves to everyone. Have a great day!
Dawn

Last edited:
Dawn- Your image of singing out the window made me smile! I would have sang right along with ya. What did the baby nurse say about the crib bumper? I've heard conflicting arguments for using/not using.

Melanie- Sorry you feel so wiped already. But your body needs more rest girl! Take it! You are building two in there!

Susan- I have done that a few times when I was in school because I used to buy my books off of Amazon too. Its so frustrating. I'm like you, I want the right book from the start. I'm sorry you are still having the butt pain. I had it last night and nothing really helps....

buneknek- No go on the vericose veins yet. Hopefully I won't get them (fingers crossed). I seem to go through spurts with my junk food. Good thing for you is that you are working out and I am barely doing yoga or treadmill.

Waves to all preggos! Hugs to Wendy, hope everything is well!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been absent lately. Mom had the flu last week and Dad can't seem to fully kick it yet b/c his immune system is soo weak. Now, he's having pain and mom is getting frustrated and therefore irritable. I'm going over to their house everyday to check on them after work. I'm guilty of putting myself in the position where they rely on me too much and I just can't keep up. I have GOT to learn to say no but I'm just too tired.

Anyway, baby is moving quite a bit. I have another ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday. I'll be sooo happy to know everything is OK then maybe I'll start thinking of names. Being that I have 7 weeks left I should be doing that sometime soon.

Jen- I love the animal decor! Saw the fan blades on your FB page-too cute.

Susan - I agree about the Braxton Hicks contractions. They are uncomfortable but not really painful. I didn't have them at all w/Brooke, did you have them w/ Haley?

Priscilla - You are absolutely beautiful and that little belly of yours is adorable. We went to Sea World in Florida in March and it is quite a bit of fun. How was the weather-did the heat bother you?

Well, my mom just walked in so I'll try to check in later.

What did the baby nurse say about the crib bumper? I've heard conflicting arguments for using/not using.

Hi Jen and everyone,

The baby nurse, who is teaching a class I'm attending, was adamant about not using crib bumpers or blankets or toys of any kind in the crib, even when baby gets a bit older. She said infants can't move their necks out of the way of the bumper and could suffocate. She suggested a mesh bumper instead so they could breathe just in case.

She did sound a bit alarmist. I mean my mom was told to always put us on our bellies, which is a big no, no now, and we are OK.

But to be on the safe side, I removed the bumper and am using it for a bit of decoration in the nursery. Instead, I bought some recommended sleep sacks for baby, which seem like those snuggle robes that they have for adults.

Have a great day,
Dawn

Went to the bookstore....they have the exact book I have and have been using it for 3 years. I think this instructor is new. I emailed him..we'll see.

Wendy-good to see you!!! Im sorry to hear you parents have had the flu. You are a great daughter to take it upon yourself to do so much for them...but you are right...you do need to say no sometimes. You really need time to take care of yourself!
Yes, I had brx hx very bad with Haley too!! Seems like they get worse daily.

Dawn-hi! Sorry you were so tired this mornig. Like Jen, it made me smile thinking of you singing out the window! I think I'll be taking my bumper pad out too...just to be on the safe side! Haley would NOT sleep on her back at all so the first couple months she slept on my chest. I was so afraid to let her sleep on her tummy in her crib. Maybe Kara will be more willing to sleep on her back.

Jen-morning! The only thing that really helps my butt pain is when dh uses a tennis ball to massage it. He does it every night before bed and it feels so good......then a couple hours laters its hurting. Luckily it doesnt bother me too bad during the day. Jen I didnt get any varicose veins with Haley. I ready that age can be a factor. I had a friend who had them from top to bottom, front to back on both legs. They were horrible. So I can handle what I've got just fine!

I did MM this morning and it felt good. I just ate some s-berries and grapes and am about to start studying some.
HOpe everyone has a wonderful day!

Dawn-Thanks for the info! My MIL bought James a wedge (I think it was made by Sassy?)from Target that has a slight incline that he lays in so he doesn't roll. Another mom that was there with us recommended it also. Its supposed to be good in helping to prevent SIDS and acid reflux. I don't know..we'll see if he even likes it.

Wendy- I'm sorry to hear about your parents having the flu. I agree with Susan, you a great daughter for helping out but you also have to take care of you and your little one! Can't wait to hear a name if and when you pick one!

Susan- I should try the tennis ball trick when it hurts at night. I have a feeling my sleep is not going to be as great as it has been. Yum, grapes and strawberries sound good!

Hi, all!

Wendy, sorry to hear your parents have been hit by the flu. I'm sure it's especially scary for your dad. I hope everyone is feeling 100% soon. Good luck at your U/S this week :)

Dawn, yep, I think the Braxton Hicks are very uncomfortable too. We have several of the sleep sacks; I love those things!

Susan, sounds like MM hit the spot. Good for you! I skipped a workout today. I've been slowing down in the exercise dept; probably not a good thing to do! I did manage 3 workouts over the weekend, very modified workouts ;)

Jen, I'll have to look for the wedge. I have a "sleep box" that we loved with DD. It's great for our bed, for the couch, for travel, etc. We used it in her bassinet too (which was the bassinet feature of the Pack N Play actually), before we moved her to her crib at 3.5 months.

Priscilla, you look so cute!

Buneknek, I have a cluster of spider veins on my right thigh. It actually looks like a bruise. I'd love to have it zapped, but will decide later. I have a weird vein on my chest; by day's end, it's more noticeable. I'm hoping it goes back to normal post-partum. Isn't it great, all the unexpected changes to your body during pregnancy? :rolleyes:

I had my 36 week appt today. Doc says my cervix is posterior and soft. Not to be too graphic, but I thought this was funny. My OB is short (maybe 5'8"), and doesn't have big hands. He said, "My fingers aren't long enough to see if you're dilated. I could root around, but let's not disturb anything yet." It cracked me up, to think of having such a conversation with this man!! So, I go back next week for the weekly visits. The end is getting close!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.