Rounded & Beautiful Bellies (navels optional) Aug 23rd

Allison- Your conversation with your dr cracked me up! I've learned with pregnancy that I have lost all modesty and talk about just about anything my body does to anyone!

I've learned with pregnancy that I have lost all modesty and talk about just about anything my body does to anyone!

Oh, isn't that the truth? Modesty and humility go right out the door! Pregnancy is soooo not what you see in movies and on TV.

My one girlfriend told me that if she has kids, she will come to me for the truth, especially about delivery. LOL I told her I'd be happy to give her a heads up on what it's really like; she told me we better wait until she's pregnant, so she won't change her mind LOL

What a day! My kiddos are fighting going to sleep...so I'm on the computer patiently awaiting their la-la-land time.

Before work this AM, I disassembled my computer.....when I returned I worked all the wires and with alot of patience (and prayers) I got it up and running again. Now,...when I have time I have to fill the shelves & drawers back up with it's stuff. :D

Sounds like everyone is doing good! Yeah!

Waves to all!

Morning!
I did a measly 30 slow walk on the treadmill this morning. I proably had 10 brx hx during that time...makes for an uncomfortalbe walk.
Slept OK last night.....better than it has been.
Jen-how did you sleep?
Mel-have a good day!! Hope you slept well last night!
Allison-your dr's remarks totally cracked me up!!!

Waves to everyone. Im off to shower and study a bit. bbl

Hi everyone.
Thanks all for your kind comments
I meant to log in yesterday for the update but got busy doing things around the house. Everything went well, I gained 1 pound in 3 weeks for a total of 22 pounds at 25 weeks. A ni9ce break after gaining 8 and a half pounds last month. They schedule my Glucose test for next Monday but they told me it was foing to take just 1 hr, I'm wondering if they do several ones because my sister got one that lasted 3 hrs.
Baby is moving like crazy. Last night I slept with a pillow under my lower back and woke up without any pain YEAHHH

Allison, good thing he didn't want to disturb anything, I've heard one they start messing up down there contractions tend to get stronger. My dr is really short too, she must be like 5'1" or so with short hands.

Buneknek, I had some spider varicose veins on my legs that I got from my mom, I don't think they have gotten any worse but I have almost 4 more months to go. Hopefully it won't.

Wendy, bless your heart!! Do you have more sibilings? I hope your parents get better soon. HUGS. BTW, I was really hottt when we were in San Antonio

Jen, I saw all the pics you have in Facebook for your baby's room. It looks really nice!!! I bet you look at it everyday!

Dawn, talking about classes, my dr asked me if I was going to take classes for the delivery and asked to schedule it ASAP. I guess, I'm the only one not realizing how soon 15 weeks can go by LOL Did you take those classes as well?

Hi Melanie, Susan, Cee, Kristine and everybody else I may be forgetting now

Hi everyone!

Priscilla, yes, I'm taking remedial baby classes. :) Actually, I'm really glad I am. Tomorrow is the fifth of six classes.

Basically, the teacher has talked about how to know if it is labor (i.e., how to time contractions), what to expect at the hospital, coping/breathing techniques, drugs, and some other topics. We've also seen several videos demonstrating techniques used during labor. Tomorrow's class is about the pushing phase of labor (woo-hoo) and the last class, I believe, is about postnatal care.

I've gotten a lot out of the classes just listening to techniques to deal with everyone's issues and reminders of things that i need to do (e.g., get my car seat installation checked and what to pack for the hospital). The classes have brought my DH and I some laughter, too. At the last class, the teacher talked about how the woman will feel during the transition phase of labor--pain, anger, frustration . . . And one husband/partner raised his hand and asked if his wife could be in that phase now. Everyone laughed and he got smacked. I did have to smack my DH once when the teacher asked if anyone has had uncontrollable crying and he raised his hand.

Long story short, I recommend these classes for new moms. It's helpful to cover all the different factes of labor and the husbands/partners were taught how to give us back massages (one of the best parts!). I just feel like I'm getting more and more prepared.

I might have even started the classes earlier than my 31st week if I could (but not too early or I may have felt overwhelmed), as I often feel uncomfortable sitting in the chair for any length of time, so I would start classes soon if you can!

Jen, thanks for the wedge idea. I'm going to look into that.

I haven't exercised for a few days now. I'm finding that I'm getting cramps on the sides of my belly just from walking a little too fast. I sometimes used to get those cramps when doing low-impact workouts and exerting myself too much, but now it feels like just walking is enough. Darn. And I was going to attempt Imax 3 tonight, too. Just kidding. With the light cramping and braxton hicks, the idea of exercise is a very foggy one. The idea of sitting of the couch with my feet up is a lot more clear.

Well, gotta go. My office is having a baby shower for me at 2 pm. :) I heard rumors there will be games. Uh oh.

Have a great day!
Dawn

Last edited:
Dawn- Thanks for sharing about your classes! I borrowed the DVD from Christine on here that her and her DH watched and DH and I started it this weekend. We only made it through the first class and there are like 5 or 6. It is very informative so far and not too bad. I've started to feel brx hicks the last two days or so. Exercise is also a distant memory for me right now. You are so close!

Priscilla- Usually the 3 hr glucose test is for the ones that did not pass the 1 hr test that you are taking. Good luck on the test! I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors. Yay for no pain and yes, I go in James's room every day. I can't wait to get the rocker so I can just sit in there and dream about him.....

Susan- I slept ok. Starting to wake up every 2 hrs on the dot to pee and turn over. Getting me ready for breast feeding I suppose. Been going to bed early the last few nights because I think I have been fighting a cold and figured sleep was minimal for me but probably the best thing at this point. Been working so far....

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are having a great day!

Hi everyone, I know I have not been here in a long time, but have read up on how you all are doing. My husband got the job up north, and starts this Monday! So, we went up last weekend to try to find a house. We were shocked how little we could get up there. We did find one house we love, and are the third to put an offer in, the market is still active up there! We lost our buyers on this hosue. We are pretty much throwing the hosue at them at this point, and praying for them to buy it. We have a showing today that may be promising. If this does not sell, we may have to all be separated for a long time. There will be a point where we just cannot move, with being hugely preggo and delivery. As well, there is not a whole lot for us to choose from up there. Temporary housing is as much as a mortgage. Needless to say, I am not really holding it together very well. And, like many of you, exercise is getting tough. I can barely run, mostly walk these days. I tried to do Body Max 2 yesterday and it seemed like torture. So, today is taking it easy. I am planning a big party for my husband as a roast/ going away party. It is on Saturday. Guess I am just not that good at relaxing! ANyhow, glad to see you are all well. I will try to take notes and get you all some personals today.
Off to plan the party...
:)
C

Christine, I am thoroughly exhausted reading what you guys have been doing. I hope the housing situation works out; I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have live separately under any circumstance, but particularly when you're having a baby and have a toddler. I hope Saturday's roast/going away party is a blast -- sounds like you've had a good time planning it :)

No workout today. After yesterday's 2 brownies and 1/2 a Milky Way bar, I probably should have :p Today I made it a point to eat better -- whole wheat pancakes with blueberries (from Clean Eating mag); spinach with whole wheat pasta, marinara, and meatballs; grapes; strawberries. I had some Nutella too, because a girl needs chocolate every day :D

Have a great night, everyone!

Precilla~ Jen's info on the 1 hr vs 3hr glucose challenge test is how I interpret it. You shouldn't have to fast for 1hr challenge, but I would recommend not having anything with lots of sugar/carbs in it 2 hrs prior just to be safe (i.e. pop, OJ, white bread).

Christine~ sorry you're going through all this. :( (hugs)(hugs)

I made it thru the day. Ob/gyn appt tomorrow....a long one: glucose test, u/s, ob/gyn check. I"m going to have to ask for stronger pain killers for my work shifts. :( I"m maxing out on Tylenol. My work days are numbered, I'm afraid. I popped out more the last couple days,...very noticeably. I wouldn't be suprised if I'm at 32+ weight gain at this point!!! Will know more tomorrow.

Gotta get the girls room ready.........

Morning!
Chrstine-bless your heart! Congrats on dh's job but sorry for all the stresses it brings. Hang in there and try not to stress too much!! You should be proud for even atempting BM2......I can't phathom that at all! Walking and a short step wo is all I can get through these days.

Melanie-can't wait to hear about your appt today. Sorry for all your aches. Just being at home I have to sit down and rest after doing chores....so I dont see how you stand all day. I feel for ya!

Dawn-I hear ya on the workouts! Wanna meet up for Imax3???

Allison-since reading your post last night I have been thinking of a Milky Way!! Havent had one in years and it sounds soooo good!

Jen-I usually wake up every 2 hours too. Last night was better. I got up at 12 and then not til 330..then slept til 540...so I feel rested today.

Today is just studying and chores etc. I am planning on LIS for a workout. I can usually make it through that one! I wish Cathe would make another one similar. One thing I HATE about step is the long drawn out add ons......I love Imaxs just for the fact they dont have that!

Finshed with my oatmeal....bbl

Christine- Big big hugs coming your way! I'm sorry to hear you are going through so much right at the end of your pregnancy. I hope that everything works out for you and will pray it does! Thanks for updating us, I was beginning to wonder where you were.

Susan- I've been doing pretty good on sleep again since I have been going to bed early. I don't know that I get the full 8 1/2 hrs but it is sure nice to try. I notice that the first trimester fatigue has been coming back lately too.

Melanie- I'm sorry to hear that you need more painkillers. I think of you often when I am on my feet too much and cannot imagine working as much as you do on my feet. I refuse to weight myself now until my next appt because I can't imagine what I am at. I feel so heavy and clumsy on my feet.

Allison- We just finished brownies this week (DH and I) and made some cookie dough that I had in the freezer so we've been munching on that. Sugar has been my downfall during pregnancy. Maybe cause I didn't eat much of it before???? Hopefully I won't want it after so the weight will fall off.

Have a good day!

Good Morning!

Dawn, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am just 25 weeks now but I'll be making few phone calls to schedule the classes. I am a first time mom so I know I can benefir from them. So funny your DH's comments, I can picture mine being the clown of the crowd LOL

Melanie, I can wait to hear how it goes today. Hopefully you rested last night pain free.

Jen, thanks for the explanation. I'll make sure I don't eat a lot of sweets prior to it like Melanie said.

Christine, I am so sorry to learn about all that. Sending a lot og HUGS your way. Enjoy the partyyyyyy

Susan, I find myself waking up every 2 hrs as well. I tried the pillow under my lower back last night but it didn't work quite as well as the night before. I may get a belly belt.

Go Allison!!! That's right, a girl needs chocolate every day!! Have you tried the Molten chocolate cake from Chillis, it's sinful

Check back later

LIS done. I felt tired until the last little bit then felt glad I did a wo of some kind. I weighed 135 this morning. I havent gained anything in a few weeks and that concerns me. I should be putting on a pound a week now. My belly seems to be growing though and Kara moves constantly. I go to the dr on Monday. I do barely remember the weight gain slowing down with Haley at some point....cant be exact though.

Jen-one of the cheer moms is a PT asst...I asked her about my butt pain. She suggested heat for 15 min then stretch. I have been doing that a few nights and then having dh massage. I still have pain but it has gotten a lot better at night. Cookie dough sounds delish! You and I wil have to have a no sugar check-in after birth! Im still wanting a MILKY WAY

Pricilla-I sleep with so many pillows dh is about pushed out of bed! I have thought about a belly belt too. Do you plan on sleeping with it?

Ok Im off to hit the books for a while.

Hi ladies. I'm back! Whew, what a long day.

My girls are doing perfectly, they weigh 1 lb 4 oz each. My doctor recommended ibuprofen for muscle pain....but I"m not comfortable taking it...will have to research it a bit. My dr agreed with me that 6 more weeks of work seems like a reasonable goal at this point (about 29-30 weeks along). My next appt is in 3 weeks (then we'll go every 2 weeks).

I've gained 34lbs already!!! *YIKES* And my feet have grown from a size 8.5 to 10!!!! What gigantic feet!!! I hope they don't stay that size. The shoe stores didn't even have that size....I have to order online (along with a maternity belt that was recommeneded).

I found 3 more preemie outfits at Walmart today AND "ran" into 3 separate twins w/ their parents while shopping. Can you believe it? One lady had 4 week old identical girls & we chatted through 4 aisles. I just bombarded her with questions. LOL

LOL, looks like I got quite wordy. :D :D

Thanks for eveyrone's continual prayers. :D

Wait -- someone was going to do BM2?!? Dang. I feel like a slug LOL I've reallllly slowed down this week. Just hoisting myself off the couch is a workout. Sigh. I've been trying to do something at least every other day, but nothing earth-shattering to say the least.

Melanie, sounds like your girls are doing great! Hard to believe you'll already be 30 weeks in 6 weeks. I also saw preemie outfits at Babies R Us and Marshall's. Don't know if you've checked either of those venues. :) Size 10 - at least you get to buy some new shoes! But, yeah, I hope your feet go back to normal after pregnancy too -- I'm sure you have a lot of shoes you'd hate to get rid of.

I fear that DD (who is 3) has decided she doesn't need to nap anymore. ACK! While she spent some quiet time in her room, she refused to nap. I'm used to a 2 or 3 hour break every day. No such luck this week :( I know I will adjust, but her timing is poor. Darn it, doesn't she realize that when Mom is this pregnant, Mom needs some quiet time too?!?! ;)

I keep eyeing up cute workout clothes. I then try to remind myself that fitted tops probably won't be my friend for a few months at least!

The Milky Way wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. DH also has a few 3 Musketeers taunting me. I might splurge on half of one tomorrow :)

Melanie-awesome news about your girls! I bet it was so cool seeing the all the twins today! How fun! My dr told me that Ibuprofen is ok until like week 34, but I still opted to just take Tylenol just to be on the safe side. But, the day I deliver I'll be popping my Advil again!!! You have had a long day...get some rest!!

Allison-I am still wanting that Milky Way! Haley stopped napping at around age 3. She would take one occasionally but not on a regular basis. She did go to be easier and earlier at night though. I remember naps......ahhhhhh the peace and quiet! My workouts are really lacking in intesity..but I do try and move a little each day. If I don't I get all tight and achey.

I just did my heat/stretch/massage butt treatment..so we'll see how I sleep. Dh has been all lovey dovey tonight. I must say sex is just not my cup of tea right now. Im big and uncomfortable and not into it at all. But I"ll do what I have to do for my hubby a few times a week. He's so darn sweet...I just love him! Sure does make him happy :)

That is all the excitment I know. HOpe everyone sleeps great! syt

Susan, OMG -- a few times a WEEK? You are a better woman than I am. DH is lucky if he gets it at all these days! He wouldn't know how to respond to a few times a week. But then, he doesn't seem very interested these days either, so I guess we're both biding time. Hee hee.

Susan- you are a very good wife. My husband is happy for once or twice a month! I just am not feeling it! Plus, I carry low, so I do nto like anything down there bothering the construction zone. Susan, I am not telling my husband!!! I guess he gets nookie tonight, I am competitive by nature!!!!:eek:

Morning!
You girls crack me up! My dh has always had a big "appetite"..which I usullay don't complain about. I'll be out of commission soon for a couple months so I figure as long as I can I"ll make him a happy camper. Its not the most romatic sex right now though :p

Sleep was a bust last night. Haley got up at 230 with a bad dream....then again at 430. She was scared silly but wouldnt tell me what the dream was about. She couldnt go back to sleep so we both went and snuggled with dh for a bit and started our day VERY early. She is gonna be a tired kid after school!

I am just not up to working out this morning. I may get energy later on..but I doubt it. Going to study a bit then try and nap!

For those of you with contacts......is it ok to use imitation tear drops?? I am new at contacts and my eyes are so dry right now.

33 weeks today!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.