Pregnant and very worried about baby

tryin2bfit

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-02 AT 08:52PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-02 AT 08:51 PM (Est)[/font]

I am newly pregnant with my fourth child. This was a surprise and has my DH in a bit of a tailspin. He is wondering how we can manage with four (our others are 4, 7 & 9) - financially and otherwise.

The last few weeks have been very emotional as things sink in, but I think he is finally coming to terms with it. After the initial shock, I am actually very excited and happy by the thought of another baby.

Now for my worry: I had an ultrasound last Friday, which said the baby was about 5.9 weeks old (fine). But the baby's heartbeat was showing to be 82 bpm, whereas it should be (apparently) over 100 bpm.

I am having another ultrasound next Wednesday to check on the baby and see how things are developing. My doctor said she has seen patients have healthy babies where the heartbeat started so low, but I am aware it could also mean it might not make it.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this or know anything about it? Any info would be much appreciated. I am excited about the baby but at the same time afraid to get excited. I know I would be very upset if things didn't work out.

Thanks in advance,

Sandi

Congratulations!

I haven't much to offer by way of advice but wanted to congratulate you - God bless!

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Cyber HUGS!

I don't know anything about your specific situation ( baby's heart rate and all ), but wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this, whichever way it goes. If the baby hangs in there, this is a great place for support for the months ahead. :) If the baby doesn't make it, this is also a great place for support in the months ahead. Please let us know what the ultrasound turns up. Hang in there!

Erin

P.S. I understand the shock of finding yourself pregnant again. It really will be easier than you remember from the last time around, because the other kids are old enough to be a real help to you. Plus they are much more self sufficient than they were the last time around. They will LOVE having a baby brother or sister around to play with! :)

RE: Cyber HUGS!

Again, I can't comment on low heartbeat specifically, however, I think I probably had every scare known to pregnancy, single or twin, which is what I had. Anyway all I can offer is that I empathize with the anxiety this produces and I will pray for you and your unborn child. Might I also add that despite all of the numerous scares, my twin boys, now seven, were born about as big and healthy as ya please and are now happily driving me and daddy bonkers!! (By the way, we love every minute of it). Keep us posted and remember, we're with you.

RE: Cyber HUGS!

Thank you so much for your kind wishes. It is so comforting to know there is such wonderful support in this forum.

I go for my next ultrasound on Wednesday the 12th and I am praying that the baby will be fine. I will let you all know.

Thanks again. Your thoughts are so much appreciated.

Sandi

Good News!

I had my ultrasound today and the baby's heartbeat was 156 :)! (Normal range 120-160).

The baby measured the exact right size for its age (7.5 weeks) and everything looks great! They figured the heart had just started beating when I had my first ultrasound and that's why the heartbeat was so low. They would have been very concerned had it stayed that low, however.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted! I can finally get excited :)!

Thank you so much for your support and I look forward to being a part of the "Fit Moms" forum now!

Sandi

RE: Good News!

Hi Sandi,
What a relief! That must have been horrible waiting to find out if the baby was ok. I'm so glad everything turned out fine.
Best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy!
Erica

Whew!

I'm so glad to hear that! It's so scary when our little ones are in danger! It's amazing how quickly we come to love our children, even when they're no bigger than a pea. :) Congratulations! Keep us up to date on how you and the punkin are doing.

Erin

Thank you all

for your kind wishes! You are all so very thoughtful and caring. This is truly a wonderful place for fitness and friendship :).

Sandi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.